· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #3901
HumblePie
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownjules View Post
I played one ranked game this weekend on Sat morning. We get into champ select and as our team is first picking, our 2nd pick is saying "I can't pick Cait". I thought he might have the bug where if you search for the champ for some reason it shows up like they've been banned. The first person takes Cait for him. At this point I remember the change and ask him if he's bought Cait and of course the answer is "no but I was just playing her in normal." :facepalm:
haha, I know the feeling.

I actually had a good string of wins during the weekend for ranked games. Played 6 and won all 6. Out of those 6, only 1 had the other team with a troll/feeder that I could tell and the other 5 were just good games that went into late game with either team being able to win.

I did have one troll game though. I thought I had selected rank solo, but I guess I wasn't paying attention and ended up doing a normal draft game instead. THANK GOODNESS. I got stuck with a 4 man premade and didn't realize it at first. At champ select they ask if I can play top. I was like sure, and pick Yorick since I was captain and didn't want to play a champ top that is easily counter picked.

My safegaurds wouldn't have mattered though. My team mates were pure trolls. Literally all ran down their lanes and stood there to die. By the 12 minute mark the score was 2 to 40. That's right. 40 kills. Each of my team mates had died 10 times. They were also constantly calling me fag and bad although I was the only one at 1/1/1 of a score for my team. I ended up 1/3/1 but the rest of my team was 0/13+/0 or there abouts. I was actually pretty pissed at first thinking it was ranked the entire time I was playing. At the end of the game is when I finally saw it was a normal game. Still, that the crap I constantly run into bad luck wise for my team usually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highland145;
I can't ever provide facts for my arguments so I just call others trolls instead and feel like I am winning!
HumblePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #3902
zebano
Diamond Member

Trundle Buffs!!!! (indirect) I'm lovin it. Anyhoo anyone have advice on how to play Lulu? She's amazing in teamfights but seems really really fragile in lane which is exacerbated by her terrible horrible move speed.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #3903
nanobreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumblePie View Post
My safegaurds wouldn't have mattered though. My team mates were pure trolls. Literally all ran down their lanes and stood there to die. By the 12 minute mark the score was 2 to 40. That's right. 40 kills. Each of my team mates had died 10 times. They were also constantly calling me fag and bad although I was the only one at 1/1/1 of a score for my team. I ended up 1/3/1 but the rest of my team was 0/13+/0 or there abouts. I was actually pretty pissed at first thinking it was ranked the entire time I was playing. At the end of the game is when I finally saw it was a normal game. Still, that the crap I constantly run into bad luck wise for my team usually.
The nice thing about ranked though, is you are always fighting against another group of solo queues. You might get one or two duos in there that can feed, but you never get the whole group of buffoons that really make life miserable. The kind of game where you just want to leave, leaver status be damned.
nanobreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #3904
crownjules
Diamond Member

End of S2 patch notes, which I assume means the patch will go out by tomorrow.

Code:
Season 2 has officially ended!

Eligible summoners will receive loading screen borders, profile banner trims, forum badges, and the Victorious Janna skin immediately
    Summoner Icons will be distributed over the next week
    Elo ratings have been compressed towards 1200 and system confidence in ratings has been reset.
    Placement matches must be completed before Elo will be visible again.
    Ranked stats have been cleared and archived under the "Season 2" option in the dropdown.

Brand

Pyroclasm can no longer bounce more than 5 times.

Elise

Neurotoxin Ability Power ratio increased to 3% per 100 Ability Power from 2%
    Venomous Bite Ability Power ratio increased to 3% per 100 Ability Power from 2%
    Cocoon
        Missile speed increased to 1450 from 1300
        Now reveals the target if it hits
    Spider Form bonus magic damage per attack Ability Power ratio increased to 0.3 from 0.2

Kassadin

Nether Blade
        Ability Power ratio increased to 0.3 from 0.15
        Bonus damage no longer hits inhibitors or the Nexus

Katarina

Bouncing Blade initial damage reduced at later ranks to 60/90/120/150/180 from 60/95/130/165/200
    Sinister Steel damage reduced at later ranks to 40/75/110/145/180 from 40/80/120/160/200

LeBlanc

Distortion Mana Cost reduced at later ranks to 80/85/90/95/100 from 80/90/100/110/120

Lux

Final Spark visual effects no longer appear at the wrong angle if aimed beyond the edge of the map

Renekton

Slice and Dice no longer reduces Dragon's Armor

Soraka

Infuse tooltip now states the correct Ability Power ratio at 0.6

Twisted Fate

Pick a Card tooltip now describes the correct behavior in regards to Blue card's Mana restoration

Twitch

Deadly Venom now has a new particle for maximum stacks
    Ambush tooltip now describes the correct behavior in regards to delay before entering invisibility

Veigar

Equilibrium Mana Regeneration increased to 1% from 0.75% per 1% Mana missing

Volibear

Majestic Roar now fears minions and monsters for 3 seconds instead of 2

Xin Zhao

Crescent Sweep now properly procs Spell Vamp and other effects (e.g. Rylai's slow)

Yorick

Omen of War now works properly with Life Steal

Ziggs

Short Fuse now deals 150% damage to structures

Zilean

Time Bomb now breaks Recall immediately when cast on an enemy champion.

Items

Blackfire Torch
        New Recipe: Kage's Lucky Pick + Haunting Guise
        Total Gold Cost: 2950 (combine cost: 700)
        +70 Ability Power
        +250 Health
        Unique Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction
        Unique Passive: +20 Magic Penetration
        Unique Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 5% of the target champion's maximum Health in magic damage over 3 seconds. Each second burned consumes a charge. One charge is generated each second.
        Now available on Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar.
    Hextech Sweeper
        New Recipe: Amplifying Tome + Amplifying Tome + Kindlegem
        Total Gold Cost: 1920 (combine cost: 200)
        +50 Ability Power
        +300 Health
        Unique Passive: +10% Cooldown Reduction
        Unique Passive: +10% Movement Speed
        Unique Active: A stealth-detecting mist grants vision in the target area for 10 seconds (1 minute cooldown).
    Lord Van Damm's Pillager
        Reduced health by 50
        Reduced armor penetration by 5
    Wooglet's Witchcap
        New Recipe: Needlessly Large Rod + Chain Mail
        Total Gold Cost: 3500 (combine cost: 1200)
        +100 Ability Power
        +50 Armor
        Unique Passive: Increases Ability Power by 25%
        Unique Active: Places your champion into Stasis for 2.5 seconds, rendering you invulnerable and untargetable but unable to take any action (90 second cooldown)
        Now available on Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar
    Removed Zhonya's Hourglass from Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar
    Removed Rabadon's Deathcap from Crystal Scar

General

Ignite is now only castable on enemy champions
    Champion passives will now have their cooldowns represented on their passive icon

Co-op vs. AI

Twisted Treeline bots should now favor defending their base over taking altars.
    Twisted Treeline bots no longer get stuck at the summoning platform when an inhibitor is under attack.
    Custom game Summoner's Rift bots now use the same push logic as beginner Co-op vs. AI bots, which should address several issues of bots getting stuck on the map
    Added a pathing workaround to prevent Summoner's Rift bots from getting trapped in certain areas of the map (e.g. Baron pit)
    Battle Training bots should no longer get stuck during the tutorial

Twisted Treeline

Reduced Vilemaw's starting damage, increased his starting health, and reduced his health scaling
    Slightly tweaked walkable space in several areas to allow Flashing over walls
    Brush beside altars removed
    Altars now unlock at 3:00 minutes instead of 2:00
    Altars now grant a 3 gold bonus per kill, down from 4
    Minion base gold rewards increased by 1 to compensate
    Jungle monster gold and health values rebalanced
    Removed Thornmail from the purchasable item list

Crystal Scar

Reduced passive mana regeneration
    Increased mana gained from Health Relics
    Changed windmill rotation speed so gears no longer clip

i5-2500K | ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | EVGA GTX660 2GB | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1866 RAM | Antec 900 Mid tower | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | ASUS VG236HE / LG227W
crownjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #3905
Snock514
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebano View Post
Anyhoo anyone have advice on how to play Lulu? She's amazing in teamfights but seems really really fragile in lane which is exacerbated by her terrible horrible move speed.
poke.jpg, maxing q or e is uber stronk poke, q is better for pushing, e better when against poke
Originally Posted by MrMonkhouse
If you cant do it in real life, then you cant do it in BF4.
Snock514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #3906
NikolaeVarius
Diamond Member

I'm liking the new items alot. New Blackfire torch should be amazing on diana.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #3907
EDUSAN
Golden Member

kassadin buffs yay

kass is so underplayed, he has been my main for a long long time
EDUSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #3908
crownjules
Diamond Member

Quote:
We recently just rolled out a beta test of a new matchmaking change that is live in NA only. When we make sure it has the desired effects, we'll turn it on globally.

--

The matchmaker will now take into account the [Number of Wins] a player has in every matchmade queue (Normal SR, Normal TT, Ranked Solo/Duo, etc).

This means that for the first few minutes, the matchmaker will attempt to find teammates and opponents that have a relatively similar [Number of Wins] as you in addition to trying to find teammates and opponents that also have a similar [Elo]. However, this does not mean it's impossible to get matched into a game with a large difference in [Number of Wins]--it's just more rare.
This looks aimed at helping out those people around 1200 ELO. You won't get people who have played 100 games getting matched with people just starting to play ranked.

i5-2500K | ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | EVGA GTX660 2GB | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1866 RAM | Antec 900 Mid tower | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | ASUS VG236HE / LG227W
Old 11-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #3909
HumblePie
Lifer

Quote:
This looks aimed at helping out those people around 1200 ELO@#@# You won't get people who have played 100 games getting matched with people just starting to play ranked@#@#
Finally. That will certainly help a bit more in relieving certain problems when it comes to elo hell around 1200 range. The biggest problem was random matching with players that have never done rank. Too many games than I could count I was on a team where everyone on my team had less than 10 ranked games while the other team all had 300+ ranked games in that elo range. I could tell even before the game was over the disparity in the game play from my team in comparison to my foe team for the match.

While others argue that elo hell doesn't exist. I stipulate it does because at lower elo's, there is far larger player pool that is "less than consistent" in how good they play. Which means you are usually at the whims of the match making system in terms of wins typically being the outcome of one team or the other overloaded with those kinds of players.

At least with this change to the match making system, in the 1200 elo range you'll "weed" out some of the randomness to players trying to actually gain elo versus those just goofing off with rank for a bit.

Last but not least would be removing players with tribunal problems off of ranked queue. Troll a bunch of ranked games and get banned from ranked queue. I prefer that than banning players from the entire game personally.
Quote:
I can't ever provide facts for my arguments so I just call others trolls instead and feel like I am winning!

Last edited by HumblePie; 11-13-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #3910
crownjules
Diamond Member

BAM!

Quote:
The one mastery we are adding specifically gold related in Utility is a mastery called "Pickpocket" that grants gold upon striking an enemy champion. This will allow active supports a bit more gold while harassing their opponents, while also being useful for other character types that spec into deep into Utility.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #3911
ImpulsE69
Diamond Member

Quote:
BAM!
That's kinda awesome and long overdue.

Zeb: where you laning Lulu? I play her quite a bit and and pretty good with her.

If you're supporting - get Q -> W -> E then max W, then E (as morph is most important as dual lane support due to length as levels up)

Start normal support items (wards/pot/mana pendant), then get boots->cooldown boots first, then you can decide from there if you should build off your pendant or not, alot of times I skip shivs revalry until late in game if I need sustain and grab an early Rylas.

She's a poke character - You poke, then move back, poke then move back - trying to hit the AD with your W so he can't last hit minions. Meanwhile autoattacking them/Q harass as well - being careful not to take your minions (can be tricky). Her auto range is pretty good for this and if you have a decent AD you will own your lane. if they decide to focus you - you're going to die, especially if your AD isn't putting out much damage. If they are both coming at you - always start to move away as you hit the AD with both your Q and W.

If midding (which I don't actually recommend, but done right she can even go against top lane depending on who it is) - Max Q and W first and obviously work on AP. Mid/Late game you're more than likely still going ot be a support char so you're build really won't change much (Revelry, Rylas, cooldown boots to start with, deathcap etc)

Cooldowns are her biggest friend, even with alot of AP she doesn't put out THAT much damage on her own. So rely more on health and cooldowns (anything that helps with those 2 stats). Her skills don't use massive amounts of mana so you don't really need to get anything for that.

The World Needs a Reset Button.

Last edited by ImpulsE69; 11-13-2012 at 05:10 PM.
ImpulsE69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #3912
krnmastersgt
Platinum Member

Not sure about the rest of you but I was a bit disappointed by the S2 rewards, I thought we'd be keeping the colored trim around the summoner icons but apparently unless a LOT of people want it back they have no intentions of bringing it back

Also the gold loading screen is pretty ugly, as is silver. Haven't seen a plat loading screen yet but diamond is quite nice. The plat profile border however is nicer than the diamond for some reason (at least in my eyes).

Also the new summoner icons are ugly
EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
G.Skill ARES 16GB 2133MHz
Antec HCG-850
krnmastersgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #3913
billbobaggins87

my goal this season is to get into the 1500+ elo area. Ive been playing this game for a long time .. just never really tried ranked heavily.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #3914
zebano
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulsE69 View Post
That's kinda awesome and long overdue.

Zeb: where you laning Lulu? I play her quite a bit and and pretty good with her.

If you're supporting - get Q -> W -> E then max W, then E (as morph is most important as dual lane support due to length as levels up)

Start normal support items (wards/pot/mana pendant), then get boots->cooldown boots first, then you can decide from there if you should build off your pendant or not, alot of times I skip shivs revalry until late in game if I need sustain and grab an early Rylas.

She's a poke character - You poke, then move back, poke then move back - trying to hit the AD with your W so he can't last hit minions. Meanwhile autoattacking them/Q harass as well - being careful not to take your minions (can be tricky). Her auto range is pretty good for this and if you have a decent AD you will own your lane. if they decide to focus you - you're going to die, especially if your AD isn't putting out much damage. If they are both coming at you - always start to move away as you hit the AD with both your Q and W.

If midding (which I don't actually recommend, but done right she can even go against top lane depending on who it is) - Max Q and W first and obviously work on AP. Mid/Late game you're more than likely still going ot be a support char so you're build really won't change much (Revelry, Rylas, cooldown boots to start with, deathcap etc)

Cooldowns are her biggest friend, even with alot of AP she doesn't put out THAT much damage on her own. So rely more on health and cooldowns (anything that helps with those 2 stats). Her skills don't use massive amounts of mana so you don't really need to get anything for that.

I've been playing her bot lane support. She's quite fun as a poke champ but blitz is massively annoying due to her speed as is Draven =( I've been mostly maxing Q first with a couple of E games which is also a good nuke but she goes oom if you use both with any regularity. I really like Lulu + Caitlyn as a lane combo.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #3915
nanobreath

Quote:
I really like Lulu + Caitlyn as a lane combo.
Haha, I was going to comment that lulu works best with a caitlyn. Her long range gives you great poke together. On top of that, cait helps cover some of lulu's escapes. With traps, two slows, and polymorph, it pretty much lets you poke and run away easily.
nanobreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #3916
ImpulsE69
Diamond Member

Quote:
I've been playing her bot lane support. She's quite fun as a poke champ but blitz is massively annoying due to her speed as is Draven =( I've been mostly maxing Q first with a couple of E games which is also a good nuke but she goes oom if you use both with any regularity. I really like Lulu + Caitlyn as a lane combo.
I really prefer to max her W first, because morph goes from like 1 second to 2(or maybe 2.5), which helps counter her speed alot. Plus - even w/o putting many points in the rest early it's easy to steal kills from your AD with her.

Blitz is a pain, but...he's a pain for everyone, which is why he gets banned so often. :/ I absolutely HATE going against a blitz as any champ bot lane.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #3917
zebano
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulsE69 View Post
I really prefer to max her W first, because morph goes from like 1 second to 2(or maybe 2.5), which helps counter her speed alot. Plus - even w/o putting many points in the rest early it's easy to steal kills from your AD with her.

Blitz is a pain, but...he's a pain for everyone, which is why he gets banned so often. :/ I absolutely HATE going against a blitz as any champ bot lane.
eh Taric/Leona/Nunu all seem to counter him just fine but I'm specifically trying to play a very very limited pool of champions to get really good with them. I'll give maxing W first a shot it just doesn't seem to be all that useful compared to a better shield/nuke or poke at least until teamfighting comes around.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #3918
ImpulsE69
Diamond Member

Quote:
eh Taric/Leona/Nunu all seem to counter him just fine but I'm specifically trying to play a very very limited pool of champions to get really good with them. I'll give maxing W first a shot it just doesn't seem to be all that useful compared to a better shield/nuke or poke at least until teamfighting comes around.
It's basically like Sona's silence except even more powerful because an AD can't autoattack with it, but the reason you max it is the length of time they are morphed increases each level. It is kinda useless at levels 1-2. I agree about sheild so max W second. Q can be maxxed last.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #3919
EDUSAN
Golden Member

in normal...

what wins? to pick champ or to call position? i have always to be fighting with people in champion selection.

i wanna play mid....so as soon as champ selection starts i type: mid
i repeat it just in case someone didnt see it

but then a lot of people just pick a mid, lock in and say "too bad"

or people that pick a mid champ at the same time i call mid but dont pick, and they go like "but i picked first"
and i would normally say "you can play that champ support, the champ doesnt say the position"
and the battle begins.
EDUSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #3920
p0nd

Yeah i've been playing a bit of lulu and think R>E>W>Q is the way to go. After maxing E i've been leveling up Q and W alternately so they are even. There are some lanes where i might go Q over E though, like against cait/leona/blitz i prefer having the extra poke range because you really don't want get caught out and its hard to reach cait otherwise if shes careful. Having a leveled Q also lets you do nice tricks like E a minion then cast Q which can hit them from surprisingly far. I find lulu is great on comps with a solid initiator - Noct, Malph, Jarvan, Maokai, etc. Basically any champ who can dive into the middle of their team then you ult them.

On another note how do you guys feel about 'utility' junglers like Nunu or Maokai? I guess this question only matters so much with the incoming changes, but i really like the way these guys play because you can gank like mad and just rock triple gp5. But if lategame comes around suddenly you do no damage and are only there as a big tanky distraction that can be ignored
p0nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #3921
zebano
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0nd View Post
Yeah i've been playing a bit of lulu and think R>E>W>Q is the way to go. After maxing E i've been leveling up Q and W alternately so they are even. There are some lanes where i might go Q over E though, like against cait/leona/blitz i prefer having the extra poke range because you really don't want get caught out and its hard to reach cait otherwise if shes careful. Having a leveled Q also lets you do nice tricks like E a minion then cast Q which can hit them from surprisingly far. I find lulu is great on comps with a solid initiator - Noct, Malph, Jarvan, Maokai, etc. Basically any champ who can dive into the middle of their team then you ult them.

On another note how do you guys feel about 'utility' junglers like Nunu or Maokai? I guess this question only matters so much with the incoming changes, but i really like the way these guys play because you can gank like mad and just rock triple gp5. But if lategame comes around suddenly you do no damage and are only there as a big tanky distraction that can be ignored
Honestly until the new jungle actually comes out I'm not going to make any predictions but what I've heard both Trundle and Nunu are very very good.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #3922
krnmastersgt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUSAN View Post
in normal...

what wins? to pick champ or to call position? i have always to be fighting with people in champion selection.

or people that pick a mid champ at the same time i call mid but dont pick, and they go like "but i picked first"
and i would normally say "you can play that champ support, the champ doesnt say the position"
and the battle begins.
What wins is the last to dodge or ragequit. Honestly if someone locks in a mid after I've called it (or any other position) I'll typically just lock in whatever I wanted in the first place and just roll with it. Most people will dodge, if they don't just make sure you're better at last hitting than they are.
EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
G.Skill ARES 16GB 2133MHz
Antec HCG-850
krnmastersgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #3923
crownjules
Diamond Member

New Tiamat:

Quote:
  • (Melee only)
  • +50 AD
  • +15 health regen per 5 seconds
  • Unique Passive - Cleave: Your attacks deal up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around you - decaying down to 20% near the edge.
  • Unique Active - Crescent: Deals up to 100% of your Attack Damage to units around you - decaying down to 60% near the edge. 10 second cooldown.
Which upgrades to
Quote:
Ravenous Hydra
  • (Melee only)
  • +75 AD
  • +15 health regen per 5 seconds
  • +10% life steal
  • Unique Passive - Cleave: Your attacks deal up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around you - decaying down to 20% near the edge.
  • Unique Active - Crescent: Deals up to 100% of your Attack Damage to units around you - decaying down to 60% near the edge. 10 second cooldown.
It appears Riot is taking a page out of Magic: The Gathering's pagebook with properly naming mechanics for easier recognition.

Last edited by crownjules; 11-14-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #3924
HumblePie
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUSAN View Post
in normal...

and the battle begins.

Here is how I feel about it.

Want to play a specific champ/position almost all the time? Basically do normal blinds and be ready to quick lock on what you want. That way you pretty much guarantee that you'll be getting what you want to play. The other sure fire to get what you want 100% of to do 5 man pre-mades. That way you know everyone you are with and everyone knows what they want to play together.

If you do any form of draft mode you can ASK during banning to play a position, but don't be surprised if someone ahead in the picking order wants that position/character first. Personally I HATE when people just try to declare what they want and assume they'll get it regardless or troll if they don't. That's how a child reacts with others.

Asking and talking about your strengths and abilities with your team mates in a draft during champ selection will go a long way towards winning the upcoming match and having it be enjoyable.

Getting upset that you don't get your position/champ all the time when you are solo is just being a douche.

If you want to make sure you always get your way take the advice I gave above.
Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #3925
HumblePie
Lifer

One thing I was talking about with strife the other day is the itemization stupidity in this game. I really hate how non-standard it is. Personally I would like to think of everything in a formulaic way.

Break down everything into Tier 1 through 4 of item combinations.

Have EVERYTHING represented with a few uniques stat wise. Let me explain in detail what I mean with the following. Break every stat down into a category. They already try to do this with the meny system. I'll give a better example though of what I mean.

Attack Damage - Tier 1
Long Sword - Adds a basic amount of AD used as the base upgrade for any item that will have attack damage in it
Doran's Blade - A specialty unique non completing item that has some attack damage and a few other stats (basically the same as it is)

Attack Speed - Tier 1
Dagger

Armor - Tier 1
Cloth Armor

Ability Power - Tier 1
Ancient Tome

Flat Health - Tier 1
Ruby

% Health Bonus - Tier 1
Congealed Blood (just an example of a new item to fill this role)

Health Regen - Tier 1
Regrowth Pendant

Flat Mana Pool - Tier 1
Sapphire

% Mana pool bonus - Tier 1
Soul Essence

Mana Regen - Tier 1
Meiki Pendant

% Movespeed - Tier 1
Diamond

Flat Movespeed - Tier 1
Boots

Crit % chance - Tier 1
Agility Cloak

Crit Damage Increase - Tier 1
Brawlers Gloves

Lifesteal - Tier 1
Vamp Scepter

Spell Vamp - Tier 1
Soul Scepter

Magic Resistance - tier 1
Null Cloak

Ability Slow - Tier 1
Cold Stone (adds % slow to abilities when used higher tier versions that combine add a larger slow) (stack's multiplicatively with abilities that already slow)

Auto Attack Slows - Tier 1
Numbing Dagger (adds % slow to auto attacks)

Gold Bonus per kill - Tier 1
Midas's Gloves (minion and player kills/assists would add more gold than normal)

Gold Bonus On Level - Tier 1
Merchant Scales (every level up would give the character a certain amount of gold)

Attack Damage - Tier 2
Cutlass - Takes 1 long sword + Vamp scepter (tier 1 life steal) = makes an item with AD and lifesteal. Can have a new unique ability IF the AD + life steal bonus from the mixing to a tier 2 is not large.
Hex Drinker - 1 longsword + null cloak
BF Sword - Takes 2 long swords to combine into for a bigger AD base damage item
Madreds Razors - 1 longsword + cloth armor
Wind Dagger - 1 longsword + 1 dagger
Magic Fork - 1 longsword + 1 Ancient Tome
Mana Maker - 1 longsword + 1 Meiki Pendant

Basically start making 1 or more items of all the tier 1 items as possible tier 2's. Have just about anything possible.

Tier 3's can be an even larger subset tree.

Tier 4's though would be drastically reduced. They would be a much smaller subset items that would cost a ton to make. Basically very few people would have more than 1 or 2 tier 4's in any given game. These would be THE defining item combinations for a player during a game to make.

Basically you make a tier 1 of EVERY stat and base the building up combinations from them. Allow EVERYTHING to be combined from the building block items. You can also through in at tier 1 and even tier 2 levels some "speciality" stop gap items that do not combine upwards like the Doran Items we currently have. Beyond that, let everything stat wise be a possible combination eventually. Sure that would add a TON of items to the game, but I think it would allow people to tailor their champs MUCH better in the long run.

Also balance out the pricing a bit as well. Make all the tier 1's cost the same. Say 350 gold regardless.

I could go on and on at length of how to make items for this game "better" and far more fun and of strategic use than the current offering. Players would have to make quite a few choices about what they go for. I would certainly "mirror" more items. For example take Sheen. Right now it is a MUCH better item for AD's unless one upgrades it to Lichbane. I think there should be 2 versions of sheen. One for AD and one for AP. It should be a tier 2 item. For the AD version have it take 2 longswords like BF sword. However, instead having the RAW higher AD score that BF Sword would provide, have it provide a lesser AD score because it is providing a unique passive of adding any BONUS ad to your next auto attack after using any ability. Have an AP version that takes 2 Ancient Tomes. Does the something similar but adds bonus AP.

As for Tier 3 and tier 4 examples let me give one. Blood Thirster would be a Tier 3 item. It takes a BF Sword (Tier 2 AD item) and a Blood Letter (Tier 2 life steal item that combines 2 Vamp Scepters). Together it makes a Blood Thirster tier 3 item.

A tier 4 item would combines a Tier 3 with another Tier 3 which is basically four Tier 2 items. So the cost would be pretty high for it. Tri -force in a slighter more powerful form could be considered a Tier 4 item.

I could think of many more balanced ways to itemize this game and make if FAR more fun than it currently is.
Quote:

Last edited by HumblePie; 11-14-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Tags
dota, league, lol, moba, riot games