Power Supply: Corsair 520HX
Riverhound777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #102
Ferzerp
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdifox View Post
Just in time for snow
Just like my and my new gt500. Just in time for cold weather to make those f1 supercar g2s hockey pucks!
Ferzerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #103
HybridSquirrel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by power_hour View Post
This car is 35K up here. Consider that 5K more buys a 5.0 GT, V6 Premium is 2.5-5K less. That is with taxes in. Doesn't account for negotiation but c'mon, this is a scrappy FWD hatchback not a luxury touring coupe. Seriously WTF Ford. EPIC Fail.

So another decent fun car has been priced out of the market. Insane.

And yes, the car in that Yellow is just a waste. That front grill needs a bit of work but still better than the '13 Genesis Coupe.
I just went to a Ford dealership today to get a service done on our work truck, and I saw a new ST. Base model, with some minor dealer addons like floor mats, sync, etc, and the sticker price was $32k USD. I'm sorry, but if you pay that much for a Focus you are a sucker.

Just pony up and get an STi or a GT500....32k is wayyy too much for this car (and the BRZ which will routinely get sold for that price)
Old 11-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #104
LTC8K6
Lifer

Base ST is only $24K, so must have been a lot of add ons...Sync is standard.

Brainwashed, mentally unstable, and stupid Intel user, screwed by Intel and located directly under a chemtrail.

Don't be a moron! Buy AMD!
LTC8K6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #105
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhound777 View Post
I live in Santa Barbara, CA
You will be fine then
http://primaryaccounting.ca
sdifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #106
HybridSquirrel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Base ST is only $24K, so must have been a lot of add ons...Sync is standard.
Base MSRP =/= Base at the dealership.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #107
LTC8K6
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridSquirrel View Post
Base MSRP =/= Base at the dealership.
"must have been a lot of add ons..."

See "sarcasm".

Brainwashed, mentally unstable, and stupid Intel user, screwed by Intel and located directly under a chemtrail.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #108
HybridSquirrel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
"must have been a lot of add ons..."

See "sarcasm".
sarcasm doesn't work on the internet very well =[

I ran into this problem when I pre-ordered a BRZ. I ordered base model, with nothing, not even floor mats. Shows up at the dealership with 6k+ worth of options that they refused to back down on, I backed out of the deal but a week later that car was sold for what they were asking....$31,542...such bull shit. I wish I could just order straight from the manufacturer and cut out dealerships. They serve no purpose now days....and I used to work at a dealership for 6 years -_-
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #109
LTC8K6
Lifer

I had the same thing happen to me when I ordered a car. Dealer ordered a tarted up model and tried to make me take it.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 AM   #110
Phobic9
Golden Member

Quote:
Update:
My car was built yesterday and should be on it's way soon! Estimated delivery is Nov 21st last I heard but I'm thinking it wont get here till the week after Thanksgiving or first week or Dec. Getting excited!
Awesome! I got my build week of 26 Nov so I'm hoping mine gets here the week before Christmas. Still need to order winter tires after I find some decent wheels. I'm thinking about these on a white ST.

Just for reference, I'm getting the top trim ST (ST3) for $30k with TTL.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #111
Fritzo
Lifer

Yeah, I just can't bring myself to pay $30+ for a hot hatch with FWD. A MINI Cooper S is the same price, has better handling, is faster, and will have a better resale value. A Subaru WRX, a Mustang GT...lots of "more for the money" choices.

If it's the car the OP wants though, I hope he's happy with it. Nothing like getting your dream car
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #112
JCH13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobic9 View Post
Awesome! I got my build week of 26 Nov so I'm hoping mine gets here the week before Christmas. Still need to order winter tires after I find some decent wheels. I'm thinking about these on a white ST.

Just for reference, I'm getting the top trim ST (ST3) for $30k with TTL.
Wheels should be a highlight on a car, dark wheels are boring. They can look good on a show car, but the instant they're a little dirty the wheel wells will just look like holes in a car. The bronze or blue versions of that wheel would look infinitely better IMO. Just something to consider.

Experience is knowing you were an idiot. Common sense is trying not be an idiot. Wisdom is knowing that you will still be an idiot. -QC
JCH13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #113
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH13 View Post
Wheels should be a highlight on a car, dark wheels are boring. They can look good on a show car, but the instant they're a little dirty the wheel wells will just look like holes in a car. The bronze or blue versions of that wheel would look infinitely better IMO. Just something to consider.
winter rims should just be steelies...
Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #114
JCH13
Diamond Member

Quote:
winter rims should just be steelies...
Hooray for rust! And ugliness! And weight! And no cost savings over used alloy wheels!

Experience is knowing you were an idiot. Common sense is trying not be an idiot. Wisdom is knowing that you will still be an idiot. -QC
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #115
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Hooray for rust! And ugliness! And weight! And no cost savings over used alloy wheels!
It's winter...mud and salt is the norm.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #116
JCH13
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's winter...mud and salt is the norm.
Really? I had no idea! Maybe buying wheels that are inherently resistant to corrosion isn't a good idea then...

[/sarcasm]

Old 11-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #117
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Really? I had no idea! Maybe buying wheels that are inherently resistant to corrosion isn't a good idea then...

[/sarcasm]
... I am saying its winter rims, who cares what it looks like. The aluminium rims will peel from the salt and debris too.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #118
JCH13
Diamond Member

Quote:
... I am saying its winter rims, who cares what it looks like. The aluminium rims will peel from the salt and debris too.
I'm saying I care that it doesn't rust, which can really screw up the tire bead seat. I also care that the wheels are lighter which is good for a variety of reasons. I also care that even though the paint may peel on some alloy wheels (not that my shaker-can job has ever peeled) that there's aluminum there.

One might TRY to pinch pennies by buying steel wheels, but there are used sets of alloy wheels available for $100-$200, about as much as the cheapest steel wheels out there, so there's no compelling reason to get steel wheels.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #119
Phobic9
Golden Member

Quote:
I normally don't like dark wheels on most colors but I"m definitely not one for anything like bronze or blue. The just seem to scream "ricey" or "douchy" to me, especially on the oxford white color I'm getting. Hell, I consider dark wheels "edgy".

Yeah, I'm a bit old-fashoned when it comes to wheels.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #120
exar333
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm saying I care that it doesn't rust, which can really screw up the tire bead seat** I also care that the wheels are lighter which is good for a variety of reasons** I also care that even though the paint may peel on some alloy wheels (not that my shaker-can job has ever peeled) that there's aluminum there**

One might TRY to pinch pennies by buying steel wheels, but there are used sets of alloy wheels available for $100-$200, about as much as the cheapest steel wheels out there, so there's no ***pelling reason to get steel wheels**
Small steelies has little un-sprung weight** Also, its super cheap to replace and buy** They look better than used alloys too, and IMHO I like the simple, painted steel look**
4670K @ 4.0 Ghz w/ CM 212
EVGA GTX 970 SC @ 1501/7780
3440x1440 LG 34UM95 QHD Display
exar333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #121
JCH13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobic9 View Post
I normally don't like dark wheels on most colors but I"m definitely not one for anything like bronze or blue. The just seem to scream "ricey" or "douchy" to me, especially on the oxford white color I'm getting. Hell, I consider dark wheels "edgy".

Yeah, I'm a bit old-fashoned when it comes to wheels.
Just my opinion on the color, white on white also looks great. Dark wheels seem passe now... they might have been edgy 3-4 years ago, but for a while everyone and their brother seemed to be getting matte black or gunmetal colored wheels and it got VERY boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExarKun333 View Post
Small steelies has little un-sprung weight** Also, its super cheap to replace and buy** They look better than used alloys too, and IMHO I like the simple, painted steel look**
Small alloys have even less weight, generally. I must vehemently disagree with your second statement, there are plenty of good to great condition alloy wheels on CL and the like. I got a set for $100 and made curbing marks disappear with $20 in bondo, sandpaper, and spray paint. If you like the look painted steel wheels... well... go for it. Aluminum wheels are still functionally superior in my opinion.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #122
Chiropteran
Diamond Member

I just noticed this car exists. I don't know if anyone here remembers, but I traded in my year-old 370Z for a Ford Fiesta about two years ago. The Fiesta has done it's job, and it's almost paid off. I also bought a condo closes to work so gas mileage isn't as much of a priority for me anymore, since my commute is like 4 miles.

This sounds like the perfect next car for me. I like the small car feel of the Fiesta, but I do miss having a powerful engine. I don't really care that the cost of a Focus ST is near that of a Mustang, because I just don't find a Mustang to be as convenient for city driving.

Anyway, I'm still a few months out from seriously thinking about this, but I'm leaning heavily towards getting one. Full my-touch SYNC package, moon-roof, probably black. Already requested a costco member pricing quote, just to serve as a bit of a reality check.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #123
Riverhound777
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiropteran View Post
I just noticed this car exists. I don't know if anyone here remembers, but I traded in my year-old 370Z for a Ford Fiesta about two years ago. The Fiesta has done it's job, and it's almost paid off. I also bought a condo closes to work so gas mileage isn't as much of a priority for me anymore, since my commute is like 4 miles.

This sounds like the perfect next car for me. I like the small car feel of the Fiesta, but I do miss having a powerful engine. I don't really care that the cost of a Focus ST is near that of a Mustang, because I just don't find a Mustang to be as convenient for city driving.

Anyway, I'm still a few months out from seriously thinking about this, but I'm leaning heavily towards getting one. Full my-touch SYNC package, moon-roof, probably black. Already requested a costco member pricing quote, just to serve as a bit of a reality check.
The Fiesta ST will also be coming out next year.
http://fordstnation.com/its-coming-f...-34-mpg-c-219/
RAM: G.Skill 2x2gb DDR2-1000 at 900Mhz 1.9v
Vid Card: EVGA 8800GT
Power Supply: Corsair 520HX
Riverhound777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #124
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiropteran View Post

So just stick to the Fiesta.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #125
Chiropteran
Diamond Member

Quote:
So just stick to the Fiesta.
I actually need a second car anyway, the fiancee's mustang was totaled when a dump-truck ran into her, thankfully she wasn't hurt.

She has been driving the Fiesta and I have been taking the bus/metro to work, but there have been a few times where being limited to one car has been a major inconvenience. Note that I'm not going to trade the Fiesta in or sell it, I am going to keep it and get a second car.

Quote:
The Fiesta ST will also be coming out next year.
http://fordstnation.com/its-coming-f...-34-mpg-c-219/
Damn, that sounds nice too. We might be having kids in a few years, and the slightly larger size of the Focus is an advantage to us. However, if it was just me, I'd probably wait for the Fiesta ST.