· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
BassBomb
Diamond Member

Default A Good Day

BassBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
Gerle

Nice ride, good pics! I like more profile on my tires, I'm old and I don't like a bumpy commute on these shitty Texas roads.
Gerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
phucheneh
Diamond Member

I dig those wheels, but not really that color on that car. Between the lowering and the dark wheels, you kind of see the 'slammed ricer on steelies' image at first glance.

...no offense or anything. The car is nice; looks tasteful. I just would've gone with a little brighter wheels, and maybe lifr it up a little (front seems especially low).

What kind of handling mods does it have? Aside from obvious lower ride height (and assumably stiffer spring rates).
phucheneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
BassBomb
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerle View Post
Nice ride, good pics! I like more profile on my tires, I'm old and I don't like a bumpy commute on these shitty Texas roads.
Quite often it feels smooth as butter, other times I feel like a filling is gonna pop out. We have good and really bad roads here as we get salt in our mouths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phucheneh View Post
I dig those wheels, but not really that color on that car. Between the lowering and the dark wheels, you kind of see the 'slammed ricer on steelies' image at first glance.

...no offense or anything. The car is nice; looks tasteful. I just would've gone with a little brighter wheels, and maybe lifr it up a little (front seems especially low).

What kind of handling mods does it have? Aside from obvious lower ride height (and assumably stiffer spring rates).
I am accustomed to getting the "ricer" vibe from Ananadtech, yet the complete opposite on any given car forum . I appreciate your advice as well. Everyone has ways to make the car suit themselves.

As for the wheels, they're powdercoated that way when I bought them. Considering the price I paid (probably 1/3 the value) and being 15lbs I didn't mind. I find the color is too close to the car color to get any nice contrast. Either go darker or brighter. A bright silver or gun-metal would look very good. They certainly don't look that dark in normal lighting.

Suspension mods:
Eibach Sportline springs
Koni Yellow shocks
20mm Acura TL-S rear sway bar (Stock 15mm, direct OEM swap)
24mm Acura TL-S front sway bar (Stock is 24mm hollow this is solid, direct OEM swap)
Neuspeed strut tower bar

Car handles like a dream, its just slow, its a Honda. I love every bit of this car just as I did the first day I bought it. Suspension and the tires make all the difference in the world.

I personally want to actually go even just tiny bit lower. I'd certainly have to get rid of my mudflaps though.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
BUTCH1
Lifer

OP, I'm not trying to be mean or thread crap but those rim's, I just don't like 'em on that color car. Overall the car looks to be in fine shape and will probably serve you well for many more years..
Old 11-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
BassBomb
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTCH1 View Post
OP, I'm not trying to be mean or thread crap but those rim's, I just don't like 'em on that color car. Overall the car looks to be in fine shape and will probably serve you well for many more years..
Thanks Butch. I too am not happy with the color of the wheels, as mentioned above matches the car too much.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
phucheneh
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBomb View Post
I am accustomed to getting the "ricer" vibe from Ananadtech, yet the complete opposite on any given car forum
Wasn't really trying to knock the car. I just see a lot of well-done imports that sit low on dark wheels, with an otherwise pretty stock appearance.

There just happen to also be a lot of (generally) POS imports that sit low on dark...steelies. Suspensions are el-cheapos and they bottom out a lot. Attempt at 'sleeper' look often ruined by fart can. Ect.

You are not the latter. It's just that when I see the former, it often takes a double-take to notice it's not the more-common 'help my springs collapsed and my wheel covers fell off' sylings of the latter.

If you dig it, that's cool. I can dig it.

In a way, it's a non-sleeper sleeper. Like taking a Civic with a giant wing, racing stripes, and Motegi wheels and actually making it fast and/or handle. My super-ricer would be more hilarious, but your car gets to not look retarded.

I think I just dig the hole deeper in these situations...
phucheneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
BassBomb
Diamond Member

I totally get you. Its more easy to spot a the average joe with springs or cheap aftermarket wheels than an OEM modded car.

It'd be awesome if my car was a true sleeper with something real under the hood!

Thanks again for the insights and comments, all feedback is always appreciated
Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
ThatsABigOne
Diamond Member

Very nice, 'clean' ride! I like how the car overall looks, even with mudflaps. And those wheels are one of my favorite designs!

Weren't you the owner of a honda that had a mustache looking plastic deflector?
ThatsABigOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
BassBomb
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsABigOne View Post
Very nice, 'clean' ride! I like how the car overall looks, even with mudflaps. And those wheels are one of my favorite designs!

Weren't you the owner of a honda that had a mustache looking plastic deflector?
Same car. Deflector gone, new grille
Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #11
AMCRambler
Diamond Member

Looks good and makes you happy then FTW. Nice clean Honda there, I can tell that car is well taken care of. Also +1 for no fart can.

He goes, you the same as me for my car.
Lean L
AMCRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
halik
Lifer

Need 4-5mm spacers in the back

Don't let anyone give you shit about 15lb OZ wheels
It seems like people want to bend reality any way they wish. Jobs are created by economic activity, and this economic activity happens because of self-made people of all races and colors that are motivated by greed. The sooner we understand it the better we are.

Last edited by halik; 11-12-2012 at 09:49 AM.
halik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
nitrous9200

That's my favorite generation Accord...maybe not saying too much but certainly much nicer than the rest IMO. Yours is tastefully done and looks great, so
nitrous9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
xSkyDrAx
Diamond Member

Is that an 07? I believe my gf has the same car in silver though yours is much cleaner. There's a couple of wear marks on it accrued over the years.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #15
BassBomb
Diamond Member

I'd want to do 10mm, but it needs a roll even at its current size. They're Volk Racing not OZ though.

2007, but made and used in 2006. Tons of highway KM so it has got a lot of use out and with that comes chips on the front

Thank you folks
Old 11-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #16
Raduque
Lifer

She looks good. I miss my little 1988 Honda Gokart, I mean, Accord Coupe.

As for the wheels, they look nice, but having a small chrome trim ring or similar would really set them off from the car.

Heat
ForSale
Raduque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #17
Black2na

i like your car i wouldn't really consider it "ricer" and you have what a 45 series tire on the wheels? yeah your gonna feel some bumps but it certainly is a great middle ground! least your tires are not stretched to all heck making driving the car miserable. those are my favorite year accords 03-07 i wouldnt mind having an 07 V6 EX-L Black with a tan leather...mmmm
Black2na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #18
BassBomb
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2na View Post
i like your car i wouldn't really consider it "ricer" and you have what a 45 series tire on the wheels? yeah your gonna feel some bumps but it certainly is a great middle ground! least your tires are not stretched to all heck making driving the car miserable. those are my favorite year accords 03-07 i wouldnt mind having an 07 V6 EX-L Black with a tan leather...mmmm
Oh yeah they are bubbled, opposite of stretch. I can't stand stretched tires and camber to fit stretched tires. Widest tire you can fit and square looking tire is my favorite.
They're 225/40 but I previously had 225/45. I think 215/45 will be the sweet spot
Old 11-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #19
CraigRT
Lifer

You have one of my favorite generations of Accords, I love the 06-07 tail lights.
Car looks good, dude.