· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #26
waggy
No Lifer

nope. all 3 of mine i am sure they don't do drugs.

my 2 are 6 adn 10. my oldest (adopteD) is 21 and while no doubt she had tried/done pot she has said she won't do and hasn't done anything harder. considering she is a A student i am fine.
waggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #27
momeNt
Diamond Member

No I don't, it's a waste of money.

I subscribe to the state testing program which has them installed in urinals and stalls, face detection software verifies the person pissing, and it is tested in the toilet or urinal respectively. You get weekly reports, also get a notification if they haven't been going to the bathrooms during school, in which case I just give them a diuretic before they leave for school and get the report later that afternoon.

To do it yourself is a good way of getting caught and losing the trust of your children.
momeNt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #28
DAGTA
Diamond Member

All you need to know about parenting:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat
DAGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #29
Paladin3
Golden Member

I would consider the need to drug test my kids as my failure as a parent. We've always been open about drugs, and how they must be fun to do since so many people use them, but that they are currently illegal and the potential drawbacks are too sever to take the chance and risk their future.

They also understand that if they did try drugs the resulting loss of privileges and freedom would make their little experiment not worth trying. They would come home to a room with just a mattress, blankets and school books in it. I'd walk them to and from school each day, and sit behind them in every class if necessary.

Thankfully, all my kids understand how important preparing for their future is, so they are concentrating on school and college and not even thinking about drugs.

Edit: and they understand that trust and privacy have to be earned. We are open about everything and have good two-way communication. We give them trust and privacy in small doses, never more than their underdeveloped decision making skills can handle.
"I should have been a cowboy. I should have learned to rope and ride. Wearing my six-shooter, riding my pony on a cattle drive. Stealing a young girls heart, just like Gene and Roy. Singing those camp fire songs, oh, I should've been a cowboy!"

Last edited by Paladin3; 11-12-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Paladin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #30
techs
Lifer

I wonder how many of the parents who say they are sure their kids are not doing drugs have kids who are doing drugs?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #31
lxskllr
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by techs View Post
I wonder how many of the parents who say they are sure their kids are not doing drugs have kids who are doing drugs?
I'd be half disappointed if my daughter didn't try drugs at some point. I expect her to control herself though, and not do anything stupid.
lxskllr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #32
RocksteadyDotNet
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin3 View Post
I would consider the need to drug test my kids as my failure as a parent. We've always been open about drugs, and how they must be fun to do since so many people use them, but that they are currently illegal and the potential drawbacks are too sever to take the chance and risk their future.

They also understand that if they did try drugs the resulting loss of privileges and freedom would make their little experiment not worth trying. They would come home to a room with just a mattress, blankets and school books in it. I'd walk them to and from school each day, and sit behind them in every class if necessary.

Thankfully, all my kids understand how important preparing for their future is, so they are concentrating on school and college and not even thinking about drugs.

Edit: and they understand that trust and privacy have to be earned. We are open about everything and have good two-way communication. We give them trust and privacy in small doses, never more than their underdeveloped decision making skills can handle.
LOL.
RocksteadyDotNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #33
bbhaag
Golden Member

I test my 9yo and 5yo on a regular basis. My logic is if I do it now when they are young they won't think anything of it when they are older. It will just be part of the routine.

They'll be like,"Hold on man my dad needs a sample before we go out tonight", and their friends will be like "WTF your dad makes you piss in a cup before you can go out?" but I don't care.
It takes planning and patience but one day ATOT you can be a dad like me if you really try.
bbhaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #34
zanejohnson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhaag View Post
I test my 9yo and 5yo on a regular basis. My logic is if I do it now when they are young they won't think anything of it when they are older. It will just be part of the routine.

They'll be like,"Hold on man my dad needs a sample before we go out tonight", and their friends will be like "WTF your dad makes you piss in a cup before you can go out?" but I don't care.
It takes planning and patience but one day ATOT you can be a dad like me if you really try.
more like they'll be like fuck dad.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #35
bbhaag
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanejohnson View Post
more like they'll be like fuck dad.
I was trolling man haha. I don't give my sons a drug test at such a young age and won't when they get older.
bbhaag is offline   Reply With Quote