Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Merchandise and Shopping > Black Friday 2013 > Archives > Black Friday 2012

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 10-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
kleinkinstein
Banned

Default Sneak peek from Lowe's

http://view.e.lowes.com/?j=ff3012757...7971660178&r=0
Old 10-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Evadman
Administrator Emeritus
Elite Member

That dewalt combo kit is false advertizing. I was like 'Dewalt makes an 18 volt miter saw? GIMME' *click on link* Where the hell is the saw?!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
gothamhunter
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evadman View Post
That dewalt combo kit is false advertizing. I was like 'Dewalt makes an 18 volt miter saw? GIMME' *click on link* Where the hell is the saw?!
Showing a reciprocating saw to me...

My WTB thread

My WTS thread
Old 10-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
SilthDraeth
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothamhunter View Post
Showing a reciprocating saw to me...
LOL Exactly.

This is a miter saw...
06/05/2007 01:27 PM Originally posted by: Vic
The more they stare in fear at the forest, the fewer trees they'll see.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
shortylickens
No Lifer

Powertool prices fluctuate so much you may not be getting an actual deal when BF shows up.
I am more interested in getting decent hand tools dirt cheap, that seems to happen much more often.
Also sometimes non-tool electronics like vacuums or pre-lit trees. One year they had a decent 6 footer with lights for like 20 bucks or so. Another year they had really damn good shop vacs for a quarter the normal price.
Sometimes they have good flashlights on sale as well, but PSA: Ignore those dollar flashlights, they die too easily.
Unless you need good batteries, those have actually lasted a lot longer. You can get one of those multipacks of Brinks flashlights that include like maybe 9 AAA's for much cheaper than a pack of AAA's.

Say what your observation is or move on... I keep saying it and I'll say it again. These posts add absolutely no value besides a +1 to your post count.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
TangoJuliet
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortylickens View Post
Powertool prices fluctuate so much you may not be getting an actual deal when BF shows up.
I am more interested in getting decent hand tools dirt cheap, that seems to happen much more often.
Also sometimes non-tool electronics like vacuums or pre-lit trees. One year they had a decent 6 footer with lights for like 20 bucks or so. Another year they had really damn good shop vacs for a quarter the normal price.
Sometimes they have good flashlights on sale as well, but PSA: Ignore those dollar flashlights, they die too easily.
Unless you need good batteries, those have actually lasted a lot longer. You can get one of those multipacks of Brinks flashlights that include like maybe 9 AAA's for much cheaper than a pack of AAA's.
If you happen to see any good power tools please let me know. I'm looking to update all of my older tools.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
iamwiz82
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortylickens View Post
I usually pick up a set of those dollar flashlights and then spread them out in the house and garage. Great for working on cars because I can wedge them in the engine bay, etc, and not care if they get damaged. That being said, I have so many from last year that I am not picking any up this year.

My plan is to stock up on more non-power tools. re-stock my misplaced sockets, pick up another set of drill bits and dremel accessories, etc.