· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #26
Megatomic
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociallyChallenged View Post
You could literally eat all of your calories for one day in one meal and burn the same amount.
What about athletic performance? Does eating 5-6 small meals per day improve athletic performance over the traditional 3 squares per day? Endurance training literature has been touting this for years now, is this like Noakes reversing his stance on hydration recently?
Old 11-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #27
alkemyst
No Lifer

Personally I feel when and how you consume your calories depends solely on the person. Some can't handle their blood sugars, insulin, etc fluctuating so do better with multiple meals during the day. I tend to eat 2x a day. I will have a protein shake or two as well with one being my breakfast more or less.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #28
SociallyChallenged
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatomic View Post
What about athletic performance? Does eating 5-6 small meals per day improve athletic performance over the traditional 3 squares per day? Endurance training literature has been touting this for years now, is this like Noakes reversing his stance on hydration recently?
Athletic performance means a lot of different things. There are different strategies for weightlifting as opposed to marathon running. I don't think meal frequency modifies any of this, just the way you prepare prior to your competition or workout. People say that there is less sway in your glucose levels, but your glucose levels are always controlled very finely via hormones. I avidly support eating one small snack/meal every hour if you're doing endurance stuff, but other than that, I don't think there's much benefit besides eating the right stuff.

I'll check again with the newest research literature, but I don't believe the number of meals has any effect.
I am a doctor of physical therapy. Information I provide is based on subjective report alone. This frequently results in speculation and, as a result, may not always be accurate. Thus I am not liable for any action taken based on information provided.

Now offering physical therapy consultation services via Skype, e-mail, and phone. Please PM me for details.
SociallyChallenged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #29
MrA79

I've used OxyElite off and on over the last year or so - I'd say there's definitely some energy boost at first (altho it did give me headaches), and the appetite suppression seemed legit.

Beyond that, I always suspected it was mostly a mental effect, tricking me into working harder and then pinning the (natural) results on the pill. YMMV of course.
MrA79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #30
MagickMan
Diamond Member

I tried a couple, but nothing replaced 30 minutes /day of cardio (swimming, treadmill, bicycle) and flexibility training, swimming is my big addiction and it's easier on the joints, which is a big deal when you get over 40. Then 1 hr WT each week of chest/abs, back, arms, legs, on different days. Burn calories every day, get your body used to it, keeping your metabolism up, then rip and repair each area weekly (I do chest/abs and arms 2x weekly). Eat high protein, low fat. There's no replacement for sweat.

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." - Henry VI, Pt. II: Act 4, Scn 2
MagickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #31
MrA79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporate Thug View Post
EC stack is the best option IMO.
So this kinda brings up a question - since epehdrine is ridiculously illegal in the US (and pseudo-ephedrine gets you carded), how is EC stacking even possible anymore?

I only ask because I've seen it recommended here more than a few times. Anyone?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #32
mple

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrA79 View Post
So this kinda brings up a question - since epehdrine is ridiculously illegal in the US (and pseudo-ephedrine gets you carded), how is EC stacking even possible anymore?

I only ask because I've seen it recommended here more than a few times. Anyone?
Call one of the McPharmacies in your area to see if they carry Primatene. Ephedrine HCl is one of the ingredients
mple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #33
SilthDraeth
Platinum Member

The best way to get Ephedrine is make tea from the plant in my honest opinion. The plant grows all over the damn world.
06/05/2007 01:27 PM Originally posted by: Vic
The more they stare in fear at the forest, the fewer trees they'll see.

SilthDraeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #34
ViperXX
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilthDraeth View Post
The best way to get Ephedrine is make tea from the plant in my honest opinion. The plant grows all over the damn world.
This, in the Southwest it's called Mormon tea.

You'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, while your living in a van down by the river.

-Matt Foley
ViperXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #35
alkemyst
No Lifer

Quote:
Can't regulate the dosage.

GorillaJack is where I just got my next 9 weeks or until my cut ends if earlier.

200 Caffiene tabs, 600 ephedrine for 78.92 shipped to my door. Ordered late today, they arrive probably Tuesday in S. Florida.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #36
MrA79

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemyst View Post

GorillaJack is where I just got my next 9 weeks or until my cut ends if earlier.

200 Caffiene tabs, 600 ephedrine for 78.92 shipped to my door. Ordered late today, they arrive probably Tuesday in S. Florida.
I'll have to check that out, always been wary of internet distributors\pharmacies. Do they mask the contents to avoid interdiction?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #37
SilthDraeth
Platinum Member

Quote:

Perhaps, not as easily as buying pills. But you can regulate dosage by the amount of stems you use, and how long you steep.

Also, you get more from it than just the ephedrine. Not sure if that is good or bad, but I personally believe getting it naturally in tea is safer than taking the pills.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #38
alkemyst
No Lifer

Quote:
Perhaps, not as easily as buying pills. But you can regulate dosage by the amount of stems you use, and how long you steep.

Also, you get more from it than just the ephedrine. Not sure if that is good or bad, but I personally believe getting it naturally in tea is safer than taking the pills.
Barnyard science is how people go blind from moonshine.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #39
alkemyst
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrA79 View Post
I'll have to check that out, always been wary of internet distributors\pharmacies. Do they mask the contents to avoid interdiction?
AFAIK it's not illegal to buy in the US just no one carries pure ephedrine because you have to track it's purchase and all that.

My package before arrived in a gorilla jack box. Not sure how they ship now. I bought last (1200 ephedrine and 600 caff) in 2010 for about the same price for the quantities. Pricing has either stayed the same or there was a real sale going on now.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #40
SilthDraeth
Platinum Member

Quote:
Barnyard science is how people go blind from moonshine.

Last edited by SilthDraeth; 11-16-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #41
alkemyst
No Lifer

Quote:
Old 11-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #42
surfsatwerk
Diamond Member

Quote:

This makes no sense. If I was to screw around and put a powerful stimulant into my body, the last thing I would want is to have zero clue how much I was taking.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #43
SilthDraeth
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsatwerk View Post
This makes no sense. If I was to screw around and put a powerful stimulant into my body, the last thing I would want is to have zero clue how much I was taking.
And if you read about the history of ephedrine, and ephedrine related deaths most were from taking supplements that had no regulation, and were getting different doses than that which was stated on the bottle per pill.

Same thing, just because it tells you they are giving you 8mg doesn't mean you are actually only getting that much.

At least if you are making it from the plant you can measure how much of the plant you use, and know how much you are getting.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #44
ViperXX
Golden Member

alkemyst,

Thanks for that link I went ahead and ordered me some Ephedrine and caffeine. I'm having them ship to my PO Box so see if there is any issues. I used to use twin labs Diet fuel/Ripped fuel. It pisses me the F off that meth makers have caused the out law of Ephedrine. The outlaw has nothing to do with the deaths from misuse that was just an excuse to ban it.

You'll have plenty of time to live in a van down by the river, while your living in a van down by the river.

-Matt Foley
ViperXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #45
SilthDraeth
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperXX View Post
alkemyst,

Thanks for that link I went ahead and ordered me some Ephedrine and caffeine. I'm having them ship to my PO Box so see if there is any issues. I used to use twin labs Diet fuel/Ripped fuel. It pisses me the F off that meth makers have caused the out law of Ephedrine. The outlaw has nothing to do with the deaths from misuse that was just an excuse to ban it.
I actually want to echo this as well. Thanks for the link Alky.

The tea is quite bitter unless loaded with sugar/honey which kind of defeats the purpose of taking it to cut weight.

I also want to clarify, the plant I was referring to, to make tea out of, grows in southwest USA. And contains very little ephedrine.

Ephedra funerea

Last edited by SilthDraeth; 11-17-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #46
surfsatwerk
Diamond Member

Quote:
And if you read about the history of ephedrine, and ephedrine related deaths most were from taking supplements that had no regulation, and were getting different doses than that which was stated on the bottle per pill.

Same thing, just because it tells you they are giving you 8mg doesn't mean you are actually only getting that much.

At least if you are making it from the plant you can measure how much of the plant you use, and know how much you are getting.
That isn't true. My package of Bronkaide has 25mg of Ephedrine Sulfate in each pill. Your stem has exactly who the fuck knows mg of Ephedrine in it.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #47
Ashenor
Golden Member

What is "the stack" or whatever?
Ashenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #48
Corporate Thug
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenor View Post
What is "the stack" or whatever?
http://www.hotnfit.com/fat_loss/ecstack.html

It's essentially ephedrine + caffeine...used to be aspirin too but the general consensus is that the aspirin does very little and isn't worth the side effects as long as long term impact on the liver.

The combination, refereed to as the "stack," increases your metabolic rate and suppresses appetite.

Member, Official AnandTech Bar Association

Corsair 700D ll i2500k@ 4.5 Ghz ll Asrock z68 gen3 ll Sapphire 7870XT Tahiti @ 1200/1600 ll Corsair A70 ll XFX 650W Black Edition ll 8GB Corsair Vengeance ll Dell 2707 WFP
Corporate Thug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #49
nomadicspirit

Cardio. Its key really, if you want to boost your metabolism you need to do cardio. Also, the thing about the 6 smaller meals a day is pretty accurate. Eating that way can help to keep your metabolism firing, eating too little or not often enough can cause your body to feel as though it needs to store the food you have already eaten, and obviously it is stored as fat.

A fat burner is no magic pill, so from what is being said I would have to say no fat burner you take is going to do what you want. However if you do cardio(or some form of exercise), monitor your caloric intake, and watch the overall FAT you are putting in your system you will see results. A fat burner at that point, whether it is Cellucor, Dyma-Burn, or even just Green Tea extract will add onto what you are doing to your system creating a fat burning machine really.

Just my two cents though, not saying anyone is wrong with their style of doing things, I have just been doing this for awhile and now know the in and out of it. I myself used to use Grenade Thermo Detonator, switched to a Spirodex-Phenorex cycle, and am now using what a few friends have designated the cheapos, some Body Burn from BodyStrong. As I am eating a bit more healthy and trying to keep things a little lighter.

Hope this helps.
nomadicspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #50
surfsatwerk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicspirit View Post
Cardio. Its key really, if you want to boost your metabolism you need to do cardio. Also, the thing about the 6 smaller meals a day is pretty accurate. Eating that way can help to keep your metabolism firing, eating too little or not often enough can cause your body to feel as though it needs to store the food you have already eaten, and obviously it is stored as fat.

A fat burner is no magic pill, so from what is being said I would have to say no fat burner you take is going to do what you want. However if you do cardio(or some form of exercise), monitor your caloric intake, and watch the overall FAT you are putting in your system you will see results. A fat burner at that point, whether it is Cellucor, Dyma-Burn, or even just Green Tea extract will add onto what you are doing to your system creating a fat burning machine really.

Just my two cents though, not saying anyone is wrong with their style of doing things, I have just been doing this for awhile and now know the in and out of it. I myself used to use Grenade Thermo Detonator, switched to a Spirodex-Phenorex cycle, and am now using what a few friends have designated the cheapos, some Body Burn from BodyStrong. As I am eating a bit more healthy and trying to keep things a little lighter.

Hope this helps.

lulz