· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Anarchist420
Diamond Member

Default If the man of the people were to become President would you lose your job?

Doesn't the majority need to lose their job sometimes? What if it leads to more human happiness?

EDIT: The man of the people == Thomas Jefferson who lives == Dr. Paul.

Last edited by Anarchist420; 11-11-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Anarchist420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Matthiasa
Diamond Member

Hint someone of the people would be beloved by the people, the person who you treat as a deity is not loved by the people and thus not a man of the people.
Matthiasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Anarchist420
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasa View Post
Hint someone of the people would be beloved by the people, the person who you treat as a deity is not loved by the people and thus not a man of the people.
Whatever. Anyway, I guess if that's true then the people today are not as bright as the people in Jefferson's day.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Brainonska511
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchist420 View Post
Whatever. Anyway, I guess if that's true then the people today are not as bright as the people in Jefferson's day.
Right...

You think the average person was well-educated 200 years ago? LOL.
Heatware My Flickr
Brainonska511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
eskimospy
Lifer

Quote:
Doesn't the majority need to lose their job sometimes? What if it leads to more human happiness?

I don't think you can talk about how other people should lose their jobs until you've had one of your own to lose, or at least tried to get one of your own.
eskimospy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
Moonbeam
Elite Member

Some people's happiness is their job. The question always is, what do our questions mean. We think we need data when in fact we need self understanding.

Say a child is told that happiness lies in God or money or any othe thing, and his adult mind begins to question and he fails at his religion or fails his parents ambitions for him. Is that what it means to be unhappy? Isn't unhappiness competition and comparison, the drive to be something idolized and the feeling one is not that thing?

What is a person just sat under the Bo tree and looked at the world till he actually entered it, sort of just poofed into being, just like he's poofed out of it sometime in the past. For surely we were born without knowledge and ambition, but WITH a great love of bananas. So if you have eaten your rice wash your bowl. When you ask the question about jobs and happiness what is it that you feel? Why is the Buddha within you at peace confounding you with this question?
The above is probably just my usual sarcasm and in no way reflects my real opinion (and,or) may include subtleties of sufficient rarity as to appear to the unsuspecting like total gibberish. It may not be so much a matter that I'm far out, but rather that you have never been anywhere.
Moonbeam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
IronWing
Lifer

Thomas Jefferson, the voice of the landed aristocracy, is a man of the people in your mind? No wonder you like Paul.
IronWing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #8
RabidMongoose
Lifer

Ron Paul is the man of the racists. He is probably one of the worst politicians since George Wallace.
RabidMongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
MayorOfAmerica

Quote:

MayorOfAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
halik
Lifer

Quote:

You can't have a racist president.

It seems like people want to bend reality any way they wish. Jobs are created by economic activity, and this economic activity happens because of self-made people of all races and colors that are motivated by greed. The sooner we understand it the better we are.
halik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
Charles Kozierok
Elite Member

Never in my life have I seen people who drink so deeply of their own Kool-Aid than Ron Paul supporters -- especially the younger ones.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
Doppel
Lifer

Dr Paul for 2016
Doppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
Anarchist420
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesKozierok View Post
Never in my life have I seen people who drink so deeply of their own Kool-Aid than Ron Paul supporters -- especially the younger ones.
Aren't the younger people the ones who aren't going to get SS and MC? Is it good that they'll have to suffer from the debt? I don't think this country has a future although it could've had a good one if the people had just voted for Dr. Paul in 2012. That way, the pain could've smaller and been over quicker. When the market contracts the inflation from Operation Screw, there is going to be some nasty carnage not just in the streets, but all over the world... there will then be hyperinflation after that little bit of that corrective deflation.

I can't believe they're thinking of raising taxes when all that needs to be done is slash military spending and a reduction of welfare spending. The longer the govt waits, the more people who are going to need it.

Honestly, I see America isolated from everywhere else less than 10 years from now.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
dawp
Diamond Member

Quote:
judging from your post, you're definitely not.

here's a union you can join

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LBasxQ9Nyc

ASUS p8z77 v, i7 3770k, crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB, XFX HD7970 Black Edition
dawp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #15
Lemon law
Lifer

While I agree that Thomas Jefferson was a unique American genius who had a prime role of a visionary in building America as we know it.

But when Anarchist somehow assert, "EDIT: The man of the people == Thomas Jefferson who lives == Dr. Paul.", A420 has a fatally flawed argument when Ron or Rand Paul are people with zero vision and zero accomplishments.

Thomas Jefferson was a practical man who knew that building things was a long and hard thing, he was acutely interested in science, and in no resembled Ron Paul zany fantasies. Would a Ron Paul really buy into a Louisiana purchase, would a Ron Paul dispatch a Louis and Clarke, or design and build his own house at Monticello?
Lemon law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
Moonbeam
Elite Member

Quote:
Aren't the younger people the ones who aren't going to get SS and MC? Is it good that they'll have to suffer from the debt? I don't think this country has a future although it could've had a good one if the people had just voted for Dr. Paul in 2012. That way, the pain could've smaller and been over quicker. When the market contracts the inflation from Operation Screw, there is going to be some nasty carnage not just in the streets, but all over the world... there will then be hyperinflation after that little bit of that corrective deflation.

I can't believe they're thinking of raising taxes when all that needs to be done is slash military spending and a reduction of welfare spending. The longer the govt waits, the more people who are going to need it.

Honestly, I see America isolated from everywhere else less than 10 years from now.
Never mind America. You take care of yourself. Relax and be happy.
The above is probably just my usual sarcasm and in no way reflects my real opinion (and,or) may include subtleties of sufficient rarity as to appear to the unsuspecting like total gibberish. It may not be so much a matter that I'm far out, but rather that you have never been anywhere.
Moonbeam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
OBLAMA2009
Diamond Member

anybody even understand what hes axin'?
OBLAMA2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #18
Acanthus
Lifer

Dr Paul is not a man of the people. He is like the crazy uncle who occasionally gets things so close to right that it is scary to think about.

Just because occasionally our level of dysfunction in government makes the crazy guy seem normal, it doesn't make the crazy guy the ideal candidate.
::XFX Radeon 6850 1GB
::OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
::Water Cooling - Swiftech Apogee GTX, Triple 120mm rad, 120GPH pump
Acanthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:11 AM   #19
wuliheron
Diamond Member

The south lost the civil war, now they're finally losing the culture war, but it will take generations for these ignorant hillbillies to accept the fact and learn to get along with people.
wuliheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #20
Anarchist420
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon law View Post
Thomas Jefferson was a practical man who knew that building things was a long and hard thing, he was acutely interested in science, and in no resembled Ron Paul zany fantasies. Would a Ron Paul really buy into a Louisiana purchase, would a Ron Paul dispatch a Louis and Clarke, or design and build his own house at Monticello?
Dr. Paul never became President. Did you realize the Restore America Now plan didn't cut tax revenues to zero? Did you know that Jefferson the Revolutionary wouldn't have supported the LA Purchase?

Dr. Paul was more than willing to compromise if he became President.

Your point now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acanthus View Post
Just because occasionally our level of dysfunction in government makes the crazy guy seem normal, it doesn't make the crazy guy the ideal candidate.
What's the ideal solution you'd propose? Is it to continue half the way we're going and to change the other half? What good would that do?

Last edited by Anarchist420; 11-12-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Anarchist420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #21
Siddhartha
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLAMA2009 View Post
anybody even understand what hes axin'?
He is saying, in his fantasy world, Ron Paul is the modern day, of his fantasy, Thomas Jefferson. And he is willing to disrupt the economy, with 70% unemployment, to achieve his libertarian utopia*.

*You have break some eggs to make an omelet
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

The US Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776
Siddhartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #22
IGBT
Lifer

ron paul is Tim Leary without the LSD. With it / without it he's still goofy.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #23
Charles Kozierok
Elite Member

Quote:
If you really think there are serious problems affecting the young -- and there are -- then work for change. But that requires effort, and it needs to focus on a movement that is broad-based and patient. It takes time and a lot of hard work.

Harping about how people should have voted in Ron Paul accomplishes nothing.

I'm a left-leaning libertarian. I voted libertarian in 2008 and 2012, and for Ron Paul in the primaries this year. I've been following Paul since you were probably in elementary school. But I never have had any illusions that he would ever be elected president.

Neither did he. Did you not hear him speak this year? He knew he had no chance. He's too old, he has too much baggage, and more importantly, there are too many people who don't want to buy what he's offering.

He didn't run because he thought he'd be elected. He ran to be heard and to have a chance to influence policy. That is what you should be focusing on, instead of griping about how everyone is dumb for not voting in Ron Paul.