· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #1501
WiseUp216
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguile View Post
I have not been able to beat hyperious, but I only tried twice. First time was with another person and we didn't know the strategy so we got murdered. Second time I was able to get the bots down twice, but he just goes crazy on me, and my siren doesn't have the greatest gear and to take him down solo (I need a good babymaker, and tediore relic). I even tried cheesing it by using the hiding behind the pipe tactic, but gave up on that idea.
The closest I got to beating Hyperious was when we left 1 bot alive. That way he keeps from going crazy and jumping around.

Hit me up the next time I am playing and I'll give you a Baby Maker.

Heat
WiseUp216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #1502
bguile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseUp216 View Post
The closest I got to beating Hyperious was when we left 1 bot alive. That way he keeps from going crazy and jumping around.

Hit me up the next time I am playing and I'll give you a Baby Maker.
They way I understand it is that the 4 or 5 bots sheild him, and you have to shoot the bots to get them to remove their sheild to themselves, thereby opening up hyperious for a few brief seconds. Problem is that I can never damage all 4 bots quickly enough to open that window. By the time I manage to get the last one down, the first one is back to shielding him again. So I just end up killing all the bots, thereby unleashing him.

Most videos I have seen involve people just bum rushing from the start and throwing babymakers to kill him before the guards get summoned. Or hiding behind the pipe, which I for some reason just don't like doing.

Perhaps a group of 4 with 2 sirens could do it legit, the 2 sirens backing up the damage dealers from a distance?

I'll definitely hit you up for a babymaker though. I do have one, but its damage is like 3k something and its slagging. It didn't faze him much when I tried it out with my siren.
bguile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #1503
SunnyD
Belgian Waffler

I found this ridiculously interesting "shotgun" on my first start in TVH mode last night. I'm pretty sure it's an E-Tech. It's weird though, because it does a flat 2300-something damage, not multishot damage. And it's more like a grenade launcher - it fires off a round that's kind of a huge electrical (it's shock elemental) blob, and after a little ways it starts falling to the ground and it seems to have a bit of a splash radius.

It's a really neat gun, but it gets me into trouble because it's one of those grenade on reload types, and the problem is when it explodes it does shock damage, so usually I'm way too close to wherever it lands and end up hitting myself with it.

But still a really (odd) cool gun.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #1504
Aikouka
Lifer

The Tediore explode-on-reload can be kinda fun. A few times, I found myself shooting at one guy, killing him, and turning toward the next guy to throw the gun at him. I had an incendiary E-Tech shotgun that I did this with for awhile, but it eventually grew too weak. Also, the one thing to keep in mind is that elemental types have a much higher penalty against the wrong type of enemy. For example, in play through 1, a caustic weapon deals something around 80-90% of its normal damage to flesh, but I think only 40% in TVHM. There are similar penalties for using caustic or incendiary against shields. Slag and no element have no penalties.
Aikouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #1505
vec
Golden Member

New PC shift code: C3CBJ-CW5HS-6J3TJ-3B33T-5RXFJ
vec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #1506
vec
Golden Member

Other platforms:
PS3: CBWJ3-6HRZJ-6ZJK3-9BKBT-WH3FZ
X360: CBWJ3-6HRWR-3XRJ6-5FJBT-WH3H6
Old 11-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #1507
WiseUp216
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec View Post
New PC shift code: C3CBJ-CW5HS-6J3TJ-3B33T-5RXFJ

Thanks, I was just about to play a little bit!

Heat
WiseUp216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #1508
OCNewbie
Diamond Member

Borderlands 2 is $34.45 right now at GMG (with coupon code, click link for info):

http://www.slickdeals.net/f/5470286-...val-Warfare-16
OCNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #1509
frozentundra123456
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikouka View Post
The Tediore explode-on-reload can be kinda fun. A few times, I found myself shooting at one guy, killing him, and turning toward the next guy to throw the gun at him. I had an incendiary E-Tech shotgun that I did this with for awhile, but it eventually grew too weak. Also, the one thing to keep in mind is that elemental types have a much higher penalty against the wrong type of enemy. For example, in play through 1, a caustic weapon deals something around 80-90% of its normal damage to flesh, but I think only 40% in TVHM. There are similar penalties for using caustic or incendiary against shields. Slag and no element have no penalties.
The resistance thing seems to me to be really cheap in this game. During the early playthrough, nearly the only elemental weapon you could get was fire, and most ememies were resistant to it. Now I am in TVH mode, and my Siren's corrode damage is resisted by so many of the enemies.

I also have to say there are a lot of cheap ways to die in this game, such as those suicide bots and enemies that seem to suddenly spawn right on top of you. I have been playing solo, and I think the game is really focused more on co-op.
frozentundra123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #1510
frozentundra123456
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixelion View Post
Soloing 2.5 with my Siren is an exercise in frustration. I am convinced that some areas in the game, i.e. Opportunity are not solo-able with siren without dying at least once. The missiles from the bad-asses kill you near instantly, you don't even have time to react. I tried various builds and cheated with golden keys but, but your only allowed so much shield and health so it doesn't really matter - so I am fed up. I am wondering of explosive immunity or damage reduction would help.

I will try to max out a mechromancer and see if I have better luck.

Yea, I just posted below about the cheap ways to die. I forgot to mention that the AI spams more grenades than 100 COD noob firefights. Not only does almost every enemy spam grenades, but they can hit you with unerring accuracy from all the way across the map. I am playing a Siren too, and finding TVH mode quite difficult solo. But I thought it was just because I suck.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #1511
vec
Golden Member

More shift codes:
WinPC: 53WJB-R5CZ9-RJ3B3-3TTJT-HZF5K
PS3: KT5T3-HS6HT-FHJW3-9TKT3-ZC55X
X360: KT5T3-HS6CX-BFRT6-5XJT3-ZC5KB
Old 11-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #1512
DaveSimmons
Elite Member

New shift codes, working now but issued an hour ago so hurry:

WinPC: 5JKJT-S5WZS-FB3TB-T33J3-9W33B
PS3: WBCJB-B3HHT-RSJKJ-SJW3B-69XRJ
X360: WBCJB-B3HCX-JRRJR-KRT3B-69XW6
DaveSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #1513
Aikouka
Lifer

Ugh, I'm in a catch 22! I went to go after BNK-3R, and I quickly realized that I was out-leveled quite a bit when a Bull Loader was one level above me. That meant that BNK-3R would probably be three levels above me, which isn't good... at all. Normally when this happens, I drop back to where I was before, and level up a bit. What's wrong with that? Well, "where I was before" is Opportunity, and my game freezes after about an hour to an hour and a half into the zone. It's a real buzzkill on a Mechromancer, because you really need those stacks, and having to kill the game will remove all of your stacks.

I'll just have to put up with it or see if randomly leaving about an hour into it will help. Oh, and I have found that using my explosive rocket launcher (~50k damage) against a Super Badass Loader with 200+ stacks of Anarchy is rather amusing. It takes about a third of his health each time, and it's one of those rocket launchers that uses less ammo and has a large magazine (7).

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozentundra123456 View Post
I also have to say there are a lot of cheap ways to die in this game, such as those suicide bots and enemies that seem to suddenly spawn right on top of you. I have been playing solo, and I think the game is really focused more on co-op.
I definitely agree that the game seems to be focused more on co-op. Some situations are much, much easier if you can use everyone's strengths to help another character's weakness. For example, any other toon could help with long-distance targets, which is where my Mechromancer fails... big time.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #1514
The_Golden_Man

Any news on release date for the latest DLC?
Old 11-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #1515
bguile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Golden_Man View Post
Any news on release date for the latest DLC?
Not that I am aware of.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #1516
Aikouka
Lifer

Oh, and it seems that Gearbox "fixed" that Anarchy bug. I was testing some guns out in Sanctuary, and after firing some shotgun rounds off and reloading a few times, I looked down to see that I had no Anarchy stacks. I'm guessing that they did the lazy approach and simply disabled all Anarchy gains while in Sanctuary, but I haven't tested that theory to see if it's correct.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #1517
Harrod
Golden Member

I started a new character playing as Zero this time, I am finding that early on in the game I seem to get much better weapons than I was getting playing with my commando build.
Harrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #1518
Borealis7
Platinum Member

i'm playing the Scarlet DLC now (after beating PT1 and killing Flynt on PT2). it's nice, you can tell there was a lot of effort put into it, but the story missions are kinda stupid (go get something...oh noes! it got blown to pieces and spread to 4 corners of the map.)

anyways, after i'm done withthe DLC i'm going to take a break. i've ODed on BL2. maybe i'll play Torchlight 2.

Rig:
i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz / Noctua NH-C14 | GA-Z77X-D3H | ZOTAC GTX680 | 8GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill | Samsung S23A700D 120Hz | SeaSonic 650W PSU
Borealis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #1519
frozentundra123456
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borealis7 View Post
i'm playing the Scarlet DLC now (after beating PT1 and killing Flynt on PT2). it's nice, you can tell there was a lot of effort put into it, but the story missions are kinda stupid (go get something...oh noes! it got blown to pieces and spread to 4 corners of the map.)

anyways, after i'm done withthe DLC i'm going to take a break. i've ODed on BL2. maybe i'll play Torchlight 2.
I feel like I have ODed on the game too when I am playing it because I get tired of the same enemies over and over and some of the frustrating ways to die, but I am still anxious to get home and play, hoping to find that great weapon that will make me a real bad***.

Part of the problem too is that there are really no new games out right now that are interesting to me.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #1520
Aikouka
Lifer

Gearbox released a patch for Borderlands 2 and it has a significant number of fixes in it! Unfortunately for most, it also nerfs The Bee as well as all amp shields (bonus damage is now split among projectiles)! It does fix the awful mouse wheel scrolling bug in the sell menu, which was really annoying, so I guess it's okay! I just hope they fix the Opportunity freezing bug soon!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #1521
PhatoseAlpha
Platinum Member

So now, Bee+Shotgun is no longer crazy OP.....but Bee+SMG or Gatling gun gets a pass?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #1522
Majic 7

Patch also gave me 10 Golden Keys. More money to gamble with.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #1523
Aikouka
Lifer

Here are the notes:

Quote:
  • Fixed fast travel stations from downloadable content sometimes disappearing when loading a saved game.
  • Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to connect to one another if one of them had recently been in DLC that the other doesn't have.
  • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick items up after another player had bulk-picked-up a nearby item.
  • Fixed a bug in the inventory UI when quickly scrolling to the bottom of a list using the mouse wheel.
  • Improved PhysX fluid rendering quality at high resolutions.
  • Improved NVIDIA 3D Vision integration.
  • Fixed the "Inverted reverse steering" option not working for clients in a multiplayer game.
  • Fixed the player's backpack sort setting not persisting.
  • Fixed an issue causing players to sometimes crash or freeze after killing Master Gee in the Captain Scarlett DLC.
  • Fixed challenges showing inaccurate completion amounts for area-specific challenges.
  • Fixed a bug where the player's active mission would sometimes fall back to main-game missions when completing other missions in DLC areas.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose mission rewards that they had not claimed when switching between Normal mode and True Vault Hunter mode.
  • Added a confirmation dialog when opening the golden chest in Sanctuary.
  • Fixed Arid Nexus Badlands showing an undiscovered challenge that was not attainable.
  • Restored some lost progress to players who have had their profiles reset.

To ensure you are credited for as much progress as possible, please load your character, select "Continue" on the Main Menu, and then "Save and Quit" after you enter the world. Repeat this process for each character in your character list.
  • Fixed the Mechromancer's Anarchy skill sometimes losing stacks incorrectly for multiplayer clients.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck zoomed in when in "fight for your life" mode.
  • Fixed challenge "For The Hoard!" to work properly after resetting challenges.
  • Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause players' skill points to be reset when loading their character.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause enemies and missions to be locked to an incorrect level.
  • Fixed bug causing Tediore reloads to get Amplify shield damage bonuses for each round remaining in the clip.
  • Amplify damage from Amplify Shields is now divided among all projectiles fired from a single shot.
  • Balance adjustments to "The Bee":
    • Increased Recharge Delay
    • Significantly increased Recharge Rate
    • Reduced Amplify damage
  • DLC raid bosses no longer drop Seraph crystals in Normal Mode.
  • Reduced level of DLC raid bosses in Normal Mode.
  • Fixed issue resulting in infinite leveling exploit with Fleshstick.
  • Increased the health of Terramorphous, Willhelm, and Blue.
  • Additional miscellaneous balance tweaks.
  • Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
    • Plan B
    • Wildlife Preservation
    • Mighty Morphin
    • Animal Rescue: Food
    • The Man Who Would Be Jack
    • Get To Know Jack
    • Where Angels Fear to Tread
    • Trailer Trashing
    • Clan War: First Place
    • Stalker of Stalkers
    • The Once and Future Slab
    • Home Movies
    • Shielded Favors
    • You Are Cordially Invited: Tea Party
    • (Captain Scarlett) Freedom of Speech
EDIT:

Reformatted. I can't stand a huge wall o' text.

Last edited by Aikouka; 11-13-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #1524
bguile

Wow, after all this time, they finally nerfed it. (Well it seemed like a long time). Some of those are pretty late in showing up, especially the confirmation when using golden key.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #1525
darkewaffle
Diamond Member

Aw, Fleshstick power level nerf

(I'm assuming)