· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #76
fabiencolombo

ExarKun333

You are most welcome, I'm glad you like the result

graphit
Give me the spec of your rig and then i'll help you from there, also tell me if you used my 10Gb torrent or just my npc mod.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #77
zinfamous
No Lifer

Skyrim + anime?

oh dear god no...get that craps out of Skyrim!

by the way, good work despite all the incongruous art decisions.
mentally he's such a klutz
his head is made of 50 butts
Old 09-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #78
fabiencolombo

Actually you got it backward :-)
The goal was to get that crap (skyrim) out of my anime :-)

Cheers mate, and thanks for the "good work"
Old 09-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #79
graphit

This are the mods im currently using.
and i downloaded your mod version from the mediafire link
in this thread.

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/30...kv2ye_png.htm#

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3014/qox6ikka_png.htm

sry dont know how to make it fitting for here, so i needed to upload it on this site

Last edited by graphit; 09-15-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #80
kitleena

I managed to get it all to work apparently, besides there being weird lighting changes depending on where my camera looks and people suddenly have no bodies or hair... but when I try to make a 'monli' character it pretty much doesn't let me do anything. I get a black void male and the gender slider doesn't change anything and I'm unable to click on anything else except enter name and even then I can't type anything.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #81
kitleena

Reloaded and it fixed the weird visual problem but now when I try to change gender it just freezes.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #82
fabiencolombo

Sorry for the late reply, I've been rather busy.

kitleena

Try using my save (i uploaded it on the first page) it's a female char, then with showrace menu you can edit the physical attributes to your liking.

graphit
I'll be back to help you in a day or 2 if you're still around, I'm on vacation now and not at home, so i don't have access to my PC where my game is.

Last edited by fabiencolombo; 10-05-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:17 AM   #83
wolfryu

Hey, I found a voice mod I want to use for my character (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17736)
but I can't seem to get it working I tried renaming some of the files, but I guess it's not that simple if you were willing I would appreciate the help.

Edit: I got it working! I actually found it easier to modify this mod and make it so that Monli use a different voice!

Last edited by wolfryu; 10-27-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #84
shortylickens
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfryu View Post
Hey, I found a voice mod I want to use for my character (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17736)
but I can't seem to get it working I tried renaming some of the files, but I guess it's not that simple if you were willing I would appreciate the help.

Edit: I got it working! I actually found it easier to modify this mod and make it so that Monli use a different voice!

http://imgur.com/gallery/eWCGT
Old 10-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #85
fabiencolombo

shortylickens
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...45-la_vrit.swf

Old 10-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #86
teh_pwnerer

I didn't think it was possible to ruin a game like Skyrim.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #87
fabiencolombo

teh_pwnerer
seriously? Any constructive comments?
I can understand that you can't run or don't know how to get a nice result graphic wise but if you have have nothing better to say, please don't pollute this thread.
The day you will have spend as much time as me to create a mod and to customize the game to your liking, I'm pretty sur you wouldn't appreciate stupid people underestimating your work.

I guess I expect to much and even on a site like this one, angry/jealous little kids like you posting comments was to be expected...
Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #88
shortylickens
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiencolombo View Post
teh_pwnerer
seriously? Any constructive comments?
I can understand that you can't run or don't know how to get a nice result graphic wise but if you have have nothing better to say, please don't pollute this thread.
The day you will have spend as much time as me to create a mod and to customize the game to your liking, I'm pretty sur you wouldn't appreciate stupid people underestimating your work.

I guess I expect to much and even on a site like this one, angry/jealous little kids like you posting comments was to be expected...
You seem to be obsessed with children.......

Here's a tip for you.

You are on a public forum. We are not obligated to kiss your butt. For that matter, neither is the rest of the world. The sooner you leave home and move out of the safe, protective suburbs the sooner you will understand that. We are gonna say what we think and unless its downright hostile, there aint much you can do about it. You wanna make a blog somewhere else? Go right ahead. Post a link to it here and we will visit it.

Now, as for constructive ideas: This thread takes way too damn long to load up. Whatever you used for image hosting is too slow. Post links to the photos instead of including them inline. Better yet, post one link to an album, we can visit and download and it wont take forever to load up this thread. Here we can quickly discuss things with text.
Whenever you update the album, post the link again.

http://imgur.com/gallery/eWCGT
Old 10-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #89
fabiencolombo

mir_595928
thank you

shortylickens
I can understand the public forum thingy and What I hope isn't like you say that you kiss my ass, but that if you have something to say you say it in a polite and constructive way. Is that to much to ask?
The people who shit on my "work" don't even take time to read my post nor to at least see the time and effort I put in doing this.

To prove it: you tell me to make an album instead of posting pics here. But THE DAMN LINK TO THE ALBUM HAS BEEN ON THE FIRST PAGE FOR AGES IN THE PART 3 so you can stop with condescening tone right there.

Last edited by fabiencolombo; 10-27-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #90
frozentundra123456
Diamond Member

Quote:
mir_595928
thank you

shortylickens
I can understand the public forum thingy and What I hope isn't like you say that you kiss my ass, but that if you have something to say you say it in a polite and constructive way. Is that to much to ask?
The people who shit on my "work" don't even take time to read my post nor to at least see the time and effort I put in doing this.

To prove it: you tell me to make an album instead of posting pics here. But THE DAMN LINK TO THE ALBUM HAS BEEN ON THE FIRST PAGE FOR AGES IN THE PART 3 so you can stop with condescening tone right there.
I can understand your feelings, but by the same token, it is a public forum, and some people might take offense when you try to tell posters what they can and cannot post. Yes, it would be nice if everyone was polite and reasonable, but that is not the way it always is. You do seem to also feel a bit entitled for all the work you have done, which is understandable, but you posting style is somewhat confrontational.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #91
skyrimFTW

Thank you! I'm downloading the torrent
Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #92
SLU Aequitas

Serious question: why are you linking to a torrent that has no credits to the mod authors who actually did all the hard work? Furthermore, why do I feel that this is another one of those "mod compilation" torrents that simply pirates the hard work of others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessThanDan View Post
Wrong, PC gaming is clearly dead, Ubisoft sucks, EA killed my family, everything is DRM, draconian Steam copy protection, Origin, ports, always online, Mass Effect 3 ending, piracy, shill, waffles, Ronald Reagan.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #93
fabiencolombo

skyrimFTW

You are welcome.

SLU Aequitas
Serious answer: the torrent was created as a request on a french site, so go there and check my posts in french (the link is on the first page here ) and you'll see the credits.

Why do you feel that my work is a rip off of someone elese? Maybe because you haven't moded your game to a certain extent, so your eyes are "untrained" and you would probably not recognize the difference between a SRO and a Skyrim 2K on a side by side comparison shot... hence all screens look alike to you?

On a more serious note.
My mod compilation is in no way a rip off of someone else's work. Seriously, look at my screens, There isn't a skyrim out there that looks like that.
Beyond that, I have nothing to prove to you. I know how long it took me to make my game look like that, and how many months I put in my npc mod.

The rest is up to you.

Last edited by fabiencolombo; 11-11-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #94
magomago
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Aequitas View Post
Serious question: why are you linking to a torrent that has no credits to the mod authors who actually did all the hard work? Furthermore, why do I feel that this is another one of those "mod compilation" torrents that simply pirates the hard work of others?
*rolls eyes*
Actually I can understand the need to credit original authors, so I'm with you there. However, finding all the right mods and ensuring they work together in a coherent matter is itself a huge undertaking itself. That is why you have mod compilation packs - it isn't easy, and people appreciate it when only one person invests hundreds of hours figuring out a good combination of textures and opposed to everyone posting pages of lists with what they are running.

What annoys me the most is needing PERMISSION from authors to do anything with the textures, even if you simply will re use and already have the author credited. If you post it online, expect it to be fair game.

Actually if you read the beginning:

Quote:
First I wanna thank the following mods' authors, cause I used part of their work to create my mod:

ApachiiHair
Monli race
N_43 Hair pack
TeraHairWeightFix
CBBE

Thanks to all of them for their fantastic work.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #95
SLU Aequitas

Quote:
skyrimFTW

You are welcome.

SLU Aequitas
Serious answer: the torrent was created as a request on a french site, so go there and check my posts in french (the link is on the first page here ) and you'll see the credits.

Why do you feel that my work is a rip off of someone elese? Maybe because you haven't moded your game to a certain extent, so your eyes are "untrained" and you would probably not recognize the difference between a SRO and a Skyrim 2K on a side by side comparison shot... hence all screens look alike to you?

On a more serious note.
My mod compilation is in no way a rip off of someone else's work. Seriously, look at my screens, There isn't a skyrim out there that looks like that.
Beyond that, I have nothing to prove to you. I know how long it took me to make my game look like that, and how many months I put in my npc mod.

The rest is up to you.
You should probably think before calling someone out...

I've been modding heavily since Morrowind, my Oblivion install surpassed 30GB and had well over 300 mods thanks to heavy use of Wrye Bash merging and cleaning through TES4Edit. I'm a happy user of a heavily customized STEP setup. Your mod "compilation" is a rip-off of others' works--it doesn't matter which textures you combine from what mods, the bottom line is you need prior permission] from the actual mod authors (you know, the ones who actually do the work of making the textures). For instance, since you brought it up, I actually DO use SRO (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5400) and Skyrim HD2k (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/607), and neither Starac nor Nebula give permission to redistribute without contacting them first.

I've been trying to give you the benefit of doubt that you somehow got permission from all the mod authors you ripped off, but that's obviously not the case. You have the freedom to redistribute your own UNIQUE work, but you don't have the right to repackage others' hard work.

And your "unique" Skyrim is amusing. I can shift variables around in my ENB and my own Skyrim will look nothing like my own Skyrim, and that's BEFORE accounting for the large amount of smaller texture mods I have.

On a serious note:

Kudos to you for making your own anime mod. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, but I respect you for making it. My problem is not at all with your UNIQUE work, rather it's with the (endemic) problem of your torrent including other people's work without their permission--which poses not only a copyright issue, but also a stability one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magomago View Post
*rolls eyes*
Actually I can understand the need to credit original authors, so I'm with you there. However, finding all the right mods and ensuring they work together in a coherent matter is itself a huge undertaking itself. That is why you have mod compilation packs - it isn't easy, and people appreciate it when only one person invests hundreds of hours figuring out a good combination of textures and opposed to everyone posting pages of lists with what they are running.

What annoys me the most is needing PERMISSION from authors to do anything with the textures, even if you simply will re use and already have the author credited. If you post it online, expect it to be fair game.

Actually if you read the beginning:
The problem is not merely needing to credit authors, it's respecting their wishes. They are the ones who put in the hard work that allows users to make their game look the way they wish. If they tell you that they do not want to have their original works redistributed, you need to respect that. Going against their wishes is piracy plain and simple.

Additionally, EVERY single one of these mod compilations (there have been several over the course of Elder Scrolls modding history) has issues, either with the mods becoming outdated or even parts conflicting with each other.

As to the "it takes too long" bit:
1.) It really doesn't take that long, use a base improvement guide as a start, for instance: STEP (Wiki) (Download)
2.) You have no clue what you're doing if you just grab a torrent and drop it into your data folder
3.) Off of #2, mods are frequently updated to fix problems
4.) Patches often require updates to be updated and/or cause certain mods to be no long required
5.) You're losing creative control over what you want in YOUR version of Skyrim. Everyone's tastes are different--and that's beyond the simple anime look either
Quote:
Wrong, PC gaming is clearly dead, Ubisoft sucks, EA killed my family, everything is DRM, draconian Steam copy protection, Origin, ports, always online, Mass Effect 3 ending, piracy, shill, waffles, Ronald Reagan.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #96
fabiencolombo

I'll keep it short.
If it troubles you that much, write to the admin and ask them to delete my thread. I did this thread with a spirit of "sharing" the hours I put behind my modding for those of you interested in getting the same result as me, no more, no less. For all I care this thread can disappear since my game already fulfill my expectations.
End of story.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #97
SLU Aequitas

Not at all, that's not my point. My *ONLY* problem is the torrent link. That's it. Like I said, I have nothing but respect that you made your own mod, it's just wrong to torrent other people's work without their permission.

Again, I don't want this thread closed. Anime aside, you have some nice shots and I always like to look at others' setups.
Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #98
skyrimFTW

Just finished downloading the torrent and copy/pasting the data folder, but the game won't start :/
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #99
Starac

Quote:
I'll keep it short.
If it troubles you that much, write to the admin and ask them to delete my thread. I did this thread with a spirit of "sharing" the hours I put behind my modding for those of you interested in getting the same result as me, no more, no less. For all I care this thread can disappear since my game already fulfill my expectations.
End of story.
Well it troubles me. I'm an SRO author.

You don't have permission to use my assets in your compilation. Read "Permissions and Credits" section on Nexus. So you should remove this torrent.

Btw, what you did with this compilation is beyond horrible! Just my opinion.

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #100
fabiencolombo

I'll keep it short.
End of story.
Closed Thread

Tags
skyrim