· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #10026
silverpig
Lifer

Geez, I've done 6 key runs in a row in act 3 at mp6 and haven't gotten a key.
silverpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #10027
Imp
Lifer

I did 5 runs in MP5 on Act 2 yesterday, only got 1 key. Effing bs... Why I've essentially given up on doing key or machine runs.

I can get about 18 million exp per hour in MP1 and maybe 5 million doing key runs. That 35% bonus experience in the rings probably wouldn't offset the loss over time.
Imp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #10028
silverpig
Lifer

So as soon as I complained, I did two runs on act 3, got one key, and got 2 legendaries.

First is some firewalkers with 159 int and 60-something allres.

I also have this ring which I don't really know how much it is worth.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #10029
rstrohkirch

It's worth about 2-3mil now. If it was the barb version it would be worth about 10x that even with a junky stat buff.
rstrohkirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #10030
IAteYourMother
Lifer

do people pay cash for hardcore gold?

Aimster: Why? Because they are Muslim?

ndtz: Because Britain is our strongest ally and Iran is our biggest enemy? What a stupid question.
IAteYourMother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #10031
Imp
Lifer

Sweet. Made about 40 million gold yesterday with an amulet with AS, Crit Chance, Strength, Intel, and Vit. Starting bid was 7 million, buyout was 95.

Found crappy set boots today (Blackthorne) and two unique maces. Only good stat in one mace (Sun Keeper) was 43% MF, so I gave it to my follower rather than disenchant and sell the brimstone fo ra whole 10k gold.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #10032
smackababy
Lifer

There has got to be bots in the AH doing some kind of crap. I can never win a bid on an item. I will refresh an item until it shows < 1 min left and start a timer. At around 57 seconds, I will place my bid, be winning, and then get sniped literally the second it ends. I will have my window up ready to bid as soon as it says outbid, but I always get sniped. 100% of the time.

I have never won an auction without a buyout. I guess either I am doing it wrong, or will have to continue to overpay.
------------------------
XBL: the wrong panda
smackababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #10033
PowerYoga
Diamond Member

I win a lot of regular bids, but then I usually get ready to return the bid by trying to bid on my own offer. sometimes I need to, sometimes I don't.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #10034
smackababy
Lifer

I am always ready. I almost double bid, but I can never get that last bid off. It is always "Item is no longer available". I swear they have to have it timed down to the second or Blizzard is trolling me.
------------------------
Old 11-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #10035
badb0y
Diamond Member

Bid what you want to pay for the item if you are trying to squeeze another bid in you didn't put your max bid in.
Originally Posted by Neil deGrasse Tyson
God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance.
badb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #10036
smackababy
Lifer

Just trying to snipe cheap items. Finally got lucky with an Andy's helm with a socket. 116k unbuffed with 37k HP. Not bad.
------------------------
Old 11-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #10037
digiram
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badb0y View Post
Bid what you want to pay for the item if you are trying to squeeze another bid in you didn't put your max bid in.
That's pretty much key. I usually win my bids, but I put in what I'm willing to pay as my max bid.

So, when people try to snipe it at what they are willing to pay.. usually ends up with fail.
Core i5 2380p @ 4.0 ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Powercolor R9 280X 3gb, 240 Muchkin SSD, 1 TB Seagate, Antec HCG 620m, Cooler Master ATCS 840, M-audio Fast Track, Rokit Studio Monitors, M-Audio Axiom. Reason 5 and Pro-Tools 7

Heat
Good Music
digiram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #10038
PowerYoga
Diamond Member

yup... thats how you're supposed to bid. You don't use the auction house incrementals, that usually ends up as a fail especially when it comes to cheap stuff. I usually snipe with 2-3 mil increases if its acceptable, or the overall amount I'm willing to pay.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #10039
BassBomb
Diamond Member

What do you guys do in this game now? I got through my second play through and stopped, was just too boring
BassBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #10040
PowerYoga
Diamond Member

If you don't like farming like the original D2, I doubt you will enjoy the metagame. The whole game is about farming items and character progression. PVP will come later.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #10041
Imp
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerYoga View Post
yup... thats how you're supposed to bid. You don't use the auction house incrementals, that usually ends up as a fail especially when it comes to cheap stuff. I usually snipe with 2-3 mil increases if its acceptable, or the overall amount I'm willing to pay.
I only figured that out recently - I'm slow. Never been to auctions before, and only started using the D3 bid option after it was possible to sort by bid expiry.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #10042
digiram
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
I only figured that out recently - I'm slow. Never been to auctions before, and only started using the D3 bid option after it was possible to sort by bid expiry.
I love and hate that option. As a buyer it's great, as a seller.. it's horrible trying to sell something at buy it now currently. My stuff will still sell, sometimes, but not till the end.
Core i5 2380p @ 4.0 ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Powercolor R9 280X 3gb, 240 Muchkin SSD, 1 TB Seagate, Antec HCG 620m, Cooler Master ATCS 840, M-audio Fast Track, Rokit Studio Monitors, M-Audio Axiom. Reason 5 and Pro-Tools 7

Heat
Good Music
Old 11-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #10043
smackababy
Lifer

Quote:
I will do that, and be winning with less than maybe 3 seconds and get sniped at the very last moment.

I actually lost an auction today and it infuriated me. But it gave me a great idea. So, at the last moment, I bid a maximum of 10 million, well I didn't bid enough and lost to a bid of 10,000,001. Seriously... When I think about it, it makes sense because most people bid in whole million amounts. He didn't get sniped because he had 1 gold over what I tried to snipe it at.
------------------------

Last edited by smackababy; 11-12-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #10044
silverpig
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badb0y View Post
This doesn't work well.

You should put your max bid in at the last second.

You assume everyone else puts their max bid in ahead of time. You also assume people are rational. Sometimes people really want an item and think "I'll only pay 5M for that. Max." They bid 5M, lead the auction, then get outbid by someone at 5.5M. Sometimes, the first person will then bid 6M, despite the fact that their "max" was 5M.

If you are the 5.5M bidder, you'll get the item if you enter your bid with 2 seconds left, but not if you enter your bid with 2 hours left.

Let's say there is something I like on the AH. Let's say they are boots that are sitting at 1M, no buyout, and I'm willing to drop ~12M on them. Here's what I do:

1. Bid incrementally, just so it shows up in my auctions. They are now at 1.1M or so.
2. Set a timer for ~10 minutes before the auction ends.
3. ...
4. When the timer goes off, load up the AH, and check the bid. If it's below my max, I'll refresh the auction every second or two until it goes from 8 minutes to 7 minutes, then start my timer from 7 minutes
5. Open the bid window, enter 12,045,246
6. Wait until 2 seconds left, press enter

If I bid higher than anyone else, I win. If not, I don't. If someone was happy with an 8M bid, sees that they got outbid and now wants to up their bid, they don't have time to do it.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #10045
digiram
Diamond Member

I have crafted 6 hf int rings, and they all suck.. 1 damage mod ias or crit d and min - max damage. WTF!!! getting irritating. I even had 1 with almost the same exact roll as another. I think I'm done key farming for a while. Have 8 machines, and that's it. Also, my last 3 mp7 uber runs have been 1-3 organs.

Heat
Good Music
Old 11-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #10046
PowerYoga
Diamond Member

Um, that's exactly what he said.

Bid the max you're willing to at the last second if you're trying to squeeze in another bid.

Most of the time people will "tag" auctions by placing a bid so they can see it later. That by no means is the max amount people will pay.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #10047
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Um, that's exactly what he said.

Bid the max you're willing to at the last second if you're trying to squeeze in another bid.

Most of the time people will "tag" auctions by placing a bid so they can see it later. That by no means is the max amount people will pay.
My IK gloves I overbid by a huge amount with three seconds left. The price went from 51 million to 91 million. I was hoping it would not take my entire bid, but it did.
Adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #10048
BassBomb
Diamond Member

Quote:
If you don't like farming like the original D2, I doubt you will enjoy the metagame. The whole game is about farming items and character progression. PVP will come later.
I never played the first one so I can't really say.

I thought it was actually more like a offline WoW or with friends (before getting the game). Got the game and it was just killing.

This is coming from a guy who could farm all day in WoW but I found this too repetitive?
BassBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #10049
rstrohkirch

You don't find the MMO boring because there is interaction with other players even if it's an indirect fashion. You're playing in a world with many other players where as D3 is just a single player game that allows some coop.
rstrohkirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #10050
Imp
Lifer

So, for the barbs, how high of an MP level can you solo the Infernal Machine portals at?

My zon can not survive the middle portal past MP2 where the mother effer teleports and instant hit/kills me. I'm thinking of gearing my barb up for that sole purpose.

And meh, found something like 1 set and 4 uniques today. Almost all pieces of shit with low quality roles.

Tags
beta, diablo iii