· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
Anarchist420
Diamond Member

Default I want the Revenge of Shinobi II ROM and the best GensReRec filter with Kega Fusion.

[Please let me know if you need links or I could add them later] The complete source code for the Revenge of Shinobi II has to be out there even if almost 100% of the packaged but never sold carts got destroyed and even if all but one of the review copies was destroyed. If anyone who sees this knows where I should look, then please... try to let me know and lead me to it. That said, I wanted your thoughts on my following hypothesis (rate the probability of my hypotheses collectively on a scale of [1,9] and use integers only) as to why it was altered to what was actually released around my 6th birthday and was my favorite game when it came out (even though I sucked at the Revenge of Shinobi but then I wasn't even but a wee lad when I played it for the first time at the age of 3 or maybe I was 4 on my older broseph's Genesis; it came into his former household and my current one for the first time when I was three but I thought it was "gay" so i only played it when the big boys were gay and didn't appreciate until I was like late 1991)...

the graphics were too intensive (backgrounds and sprites were way more intense in the shots I've seen... google them and recognize that how small Joe Musashi's sprite is in Shinobi III) to be as fast and fluid on the Genesis as Shinobi III.
the gameplay was more difficult because it was the Revenge of Shinobi II and supposed to be more like the original.
it needed a GA rating and the ultra violent story (think about it... Naoko gets kidnapped again, but with a computer chip put in her head by another incarnation of Neo Zeed... maybe there is only a bad ending in the Original Final of the Revenge of Shinobi II, although the beta/alpha had a good ending) had to be discarded and replaced with practically nothing (Shinobi III had no story)
the water boarding level was "federalist" (like the Shinobi Arcade game if you know what I mean) rather unitary like that of Shinobi III... pay attn to screenshots. Google something like the Original Shinobi III and you'll come to a cool fansite that is a collection of reviews from every mag it was reviewed in plus a video.
The music was better in the alpha beta especially the "hidden" track.
There were 8 rounds in the Original instead of 7 like in the Final Super Shinobi II (Shinobi III).

All in all the Final was far more different than similar... it's kind of like the Articles of Confederation vs. the "Constitution". For those who can't see substance, they're more similar, but they're really more different in my humble opinion.

Shinobi III, if anything, should've got lower reviews even though it was more original, it sounds like it was tame compared to what the Revenge of Shinobi II looks like from the screenshots and what I know about it. Sega of America and Europe probably told the reviewers to mark it down because they wanted something new that would sell better. However, I think that wasn't good for the Hardcore gamer, because if the Revenge of Shinobi was good, then just improve it rather than try to alter or abolish it.

I hope to have the "rights" to full american ROM (and even the Japanese ROM of the Original Super Shinobi II, if at all possible... the Japanese name didn't change) and keep them for my whole life one day. American is my first preference with no lossy re-compression if I could only have one and I'm willing to wait as rushing won't help... I'd also like the cool Gens Rerecording filter ported to Kega Fusion because Kega Fusion's code is way more accurate and I hate having to pick between a near perfect filter or near perfect accuracy... Steve Snake is reading this I hope, he has ties to Sega if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by Anarchist420; 10-08-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Anarchist420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
Anarchist420
Diamond Member

I just realized how retarded my OP was. Anyway... how could I be the only one interested in obtaining a ROM for the Revenge of Shinobi II?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
snickersnack

I'm not disinterested, I've just never heard of it. I initially thought you were talking about plain old Revenge of Shinobi which I've always thought of as Shinobi 2.

Revenge of Shinobi == Shinobi II == Revenge of Shinobi II
or not

Is there a good place to learn more about Revenge of Shinobi II? Wikipedia has a vague paragraph about it in their Shinobi III article and Mobygames makes no mention.
snickersnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
Anarchist420
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickersnack View Post
Is there a good place to learn more about Revenge of Shinobi II? Wikipedia has a vague paragraph about it in their Shinobi III article and Mobygames makes no mention.
Google "Original Shinobi III".

EDIT:
http://rq87.flyingomelette.com/RQ/SS/S3/O/intro.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickersnack View Post
Revenge of Shinobi == Shinobi II == Revenge of Shinobi II or not
Super Shinobi II is the Japanese Mega Drive name of what is known as the Shinobi III (both Original/unreleased and Final) in America.

What became known and released as Shinobi III was originally supposed to be a very different game, and that game was going to be known as the Revenge of Shinobi II in America.