Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Social > Politics and News

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals
· Free Stuff
· Contests and Sweepstakes
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #51
Nemesis 1
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimospy View Post
Hey weren't you the guy who said there wasn't going to be an election this year? How did that go?
Well actually the election didn't go well . Sad you choose this road . But it wouldn't of been much better the other way either. Damn if you people shouldn't get what you want with mans oversight. Your wise! To put so much faith in a man who is so secretive about his life and job as leader of Amecia. Whos given us 2 things in 4 years. Besides a 15 trillion dollar debt Is obama robbery and 800 billion dollar bank bailout when the people were expecting the bail out.

I can't wait to see whats up Mr, Wisdars sleeve next . But I do think you people have earned it.
Nemesis 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #52
Hayabusa Rider
Elite Member
 
Hayabusa Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 36,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionSeraph View Post
He worked his ass off to argue BP into setting up a $20 billion fund which bypasses the slowness of the courts and the leeching of lawyers. Money ended directly in the hands of those affected in a matter of days and weeks rather than taking decades of appeals with lawyers pocketing 50% of the final cut. All this without onerous restrictions on the acceptance of money -- only in accepting the final settlement do you have to waive your right to sue.

Instead of leaving the government with huge welfare rolls as businesses collapsed, Obama got BP to fund the damages as determined by an independent third-party so those businesses could make it through, rather destroying the conservatard delusion that "Democrats want everyone reliant on government."


Why the fuck am I even taking a conservatard seriously? This is a waste of my time.
And I'm talking to a 6 day Creationist. Do you believe that Obama sat down at his desk and did all this? Well he must have flown in and personally saved ATT from the big bad promises he made. Yeah he came up with all that? Then how comes we had such simplistic solutions otherwise? Did he leave his Power Pill home that day? Are you aiming for a position as bishop or cardinal in the movement? Perhaps the Inquisition? He's certainly better than Bush, but if your nose wasn't brown before the last election it sure is now.

Too bad you haven't thought this out. Moonbeam quoted a favorite poem. I'll do something for you.

Oh, I don't care for the Reps, but if you could read you would have known that. Like the "conservatard" you assume that my giving your Lord a licking in a way he wouldn't like means I have to pick the other side. I suppose that independents are smarter than partisans. Oh well. BTW, I don't object to Obama as much as I do those who act as if he should stand for sainthood. What a hypocrite.

Your treat.

He's super cereal, really.
__________________
My favorite TV quote by Mr. Spock

"I object to you. I object to intellect without discipline; I object to power without constructive purpose."
Hayabusa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #53
DominionSeraph
Diamond Member
 
DominionSeraph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Equestria
Posts: 7,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svnla View Post
Well, I backed up my statements with valid facts and links
You attempted to perpetrate that an opinion of the HANDLING OF MEANINGLESS IMAGE in the beginning of the crisis materially modifies the judgement of the real outcome. Jesus fucking Christ. How the hell is a response as stupid as that supposed to warrant a serious reply by someone of my talents? It is so far beneath me that it is deserving of nothing but denigration.

Yay Miku!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrQ6shnyFSM
__________________
Danse De Raven

"P&N: Not Quite as Bad as Stormfront"
DominionSeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #54
Svnla
Lifer
 
Svnla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Southerner 4ever!!!
Posts: 10,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionSeraph View Post
You attempted to perpetrate that an opinion of the HANDLING OF MEANINGLESS IMAGE in the beginning of the crisis materially modifies the judgement of the real outcome. Jesus fucking Christ. How the hell is a response as stupid as that supposed to warrant a serious reply by someone of my talents? It is so far beneath me that it is deserving of nothing but denigration.

Yay Miku!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrQ6shnyFSM
You brag about how BO saved the Gulf Coast, I provided links from liberal news sources about how the real savior did.

Your talents? Now that's rich, thanks for the laugh.

I am done with you, feel free to post more YouTube links and nothing to dispute my links.
__________________
Rules to live by: 1) Forgive is for suckers, payback w/ extreme prejudice plus interest. 2) Golden Rule = Treat others as others treat you, don't take craps from anyone.
3) Relentless pursuit of a more perfect perfection. 4) I ain't looking for trouble, but if trouble comes knocking, I will be ready, willing, and able for some rocking.
Svnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #55
DominionSeraph
Diamond Member
 
DominionSeraph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Equestria
Posts: 7,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Rider View Post
And I'm talking to a 6 day Creationist. Do you believe that Obama sat down at his desk and did all this? Well he must have flown in and personally saved ATT from the big bad promises he made. Yeah he came up with all that? Then how comes we had such simplistic solutions otherwise? Did he leave his Power Pill home that day? Are you aiming for a position as bishop or cardinal in the movement? Perhaps the Inquisition? He's certainly better than Bush, but if your nose wasn't brown before the last election it sure is now.
Wow, having to respond to the truth broke Hayabusa.

Damn I'm good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL76j5qVqas
__________________
Danse De Raven

"P&N: Not Quite as Bad as Stormfront"

Last edited by DominionSeraph; 11-09-2012 at 09:48 PM.
DominionSeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #56
Hayabusa Rider
Elite Member
 
Hayabusa Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 36,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionSeraph View Post
Wow, having to respond to the truth broke Hayabusa.

Damn I'm good.
Yes, in this land



As far as truth. I'm glad you believe in ponies too. As far as break, I'm having a most excellent laugh at you. You want to explain how your lord and savior pulled all that off on your own? Did those workers in the coast have little icons of your god which enabled them to do their job even better? Hint, FEMA worked as it should have and Obama didn't screw it up at all. It was well handled, but you seem to think that basic competency is praiseworthy.

Saint Ron on the dresser and Saint Obama on the dashboard. Figures.
__________________
My favorite TV quote by Mr. Spock

"I object to you. I object to intellect without discipline; I object to power without constructive purpose."
Hayabusa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #57
DominionSeraph
Diamond Member
 
DominionSeraph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Equestria
Posts: 7,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svnla View Post
I am done with you
Thank 'tia. Your writing does not do the image of the intelligence of the human race any favors, so this is great news for those of us with a low tolerance for stupidity.
__________________
Danse De Raven

"P&N: Not Quite as Bad as Stormfront"
DominionSeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #58
DominionSeraph
Diamond Member
 
DominionSeraph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Equestria
Posts: 7,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Rider View Post
As far as truth. I'm glad you believe in ponies too. As far as break, I'm having a most excellent laugh at you. You want to explain how your lord and savior pulled all that off on your own? Did those workers in the coast have little icons of your god which enabled them to do their job even better? Hint, FEMA worked as it should have and Obama didn't screw it up at all. It was well handled, but you seem to think that basic competency is praiseworthy.

Saint Ron on the dresser and Saint Obama on the dashboard. Figures.
And he's still so broken he can't put together complete sentences. Talk about a blow out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQOagEOnkc
__________________
Danse De Raven

"P&N: Not Quite as Bad as Stormfront"

Last edited by DominionSeraph; 11-09-2012 at 10:03 PM.
DominionSeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #59
Hayabusa Rider
Elite Member
 
Hayabusa Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 36,932
Default

By the way M, you are probably somewhat amused, at least I hope so. It turned out heavier than I intended, but I should have correctly calibrated for partisanship. There's not many who can take a poke, mores the pity.

Anyway, something constructive. The sourdough is coming along. Tomorrow I take the rye starter and make this.





Found at this most excellent forum. Democrats and republicans welcome
__________________
My favorite TV quote by Mr. Spock

"I object to you. I object to intellect without discipline; I object to power without constructive purpose."
Hayabusa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #60
piasabird
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 14,916
Default

Could of, Would of, Should of. This is now and O'Bammah is King. I say wait a while and find out if the King has no Clothes. Now the King has to convince Congress with both obnoxious Democrats and obnoxious republicans to actually resolve these Temporary Tax Cuts that Bush Left Us.

Will they expire?

Will he make a deal?

Will we see another Great Depression?

Who Knows?
__________________
Asus Memo Pad 7 HD. Quad Core Tablet.
piasabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #61
Hayabusa Rider
Elite Member
 
Hayabusa Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 36,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionSeraph View Post
And he's still so broken he can't write in complete sentences. Talk about a blow out.
Well...
You are such a hack that you can't recognize weaknesses in your own party, nor construct a thread or post which offers any ideas or solutions, but do remarkably well in posting about your objectivity and intelligence. There are people who are worth talking to, like Charles, or Moonbeam, or Bowfinger among several others that could be named. None of those are "consevertards" but they have the ability to communicate, instead of spout. You haven't contributed an idea worth note that I can recall, but you do try to attack with contrived terms that you couldn't back up if your life depended on it. Oh yeah I said we should not tax. Oh, no I didn't say that, too bad. I oppose health care reform. OOPs, I oppose careless and half assed inferior planning, but I do call for intelligent planned action. You missed that, or perhaps it's beyond your superior knowledge?

Seriously child, you are dismissed. If you grow up and can ever hold a conversation other than to tell us how smart you are or how dumb someone else is or about ponies, get back to us. We'll see if you can cut it.

You are dismissed.
__________________
My favorite TV quote by Mr. Spock

"I object to you. I object to intellect without discipline; I object to power without constructive purpose."

Last edited by Hayabusa Rider; 11-09-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Hayabusa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #62
DominionSeraph
Diamond Member
 
DominionSeraph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Equestria
Posts: 7,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Rider View Post
Well...
You are such a hack that you can't recognize weaknesses in your own party
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! As though someone with an ego the size of mine goes around subordinating himself?

Others are only judged to have equaled me when they manage to accomplish it. Don't blame me that conservatards are deficient and that Obama is actually competent -- I didn't make either that way. If Obama was a drooling idiot and you were erudite and enlightened, I'd judge you both as such. But neither is the way the relevant evidence presents itself, and I have to go with what reality says.
__________________
Danse De Raven

"P&N: Not Quite as Bad as Stormfront"

Last edited by DominionSeraph; 11-09-2012 at 10:31 PM.
DominionSeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #63
Hayabusa Rider
Elite Member
 
Hayabusa Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 36,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionSeraph View Post
As though someone with an ego the size of mine goes around subordinating himself?


Ok you are a parody poster. Damn, I should have guessed. Kudos, you played us all.
__________________
My favorite TV quote by Mr. Spock

"I object to you. I object to intellect without discipline; I object to power without constructive purpose."
Hayabusa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #64
DominionSeraph
Diamond Member
 
DominionSeraph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Equestria
Posts: 7,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Rider View Post
No, Twilight would just think that everyone is deserving of a concerted effort. But when faced with people who perceive anything outside their sphere as evil or a priori incoherent -- "The Earth isn't 6000 years old? That's blasphemy!" "High school dropout conservatives might not be right? But then how can any of us know what's true?!?" -- and so have no desire whatsoever to peek at the world outside their delusions, what's the point in putting any effort into them?
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. And if the horse is yelling loudly, "I DO NOT NEED TO DRINK BECAUSE MY FAILURES IN EDUCATION MEAN MY PERCEPTION HASN'T BEEN SULLIED BY EVIL LIBRUL LIES AND SO I CAN SEE EVERYTHING WITH PERFECT CLARITY JUST DON'T ASK ME WHY MY ANSWERS ARE ALWAYS SO KINDERGARTEN-ESQUE I GUESS THAT'S JUST ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES," there's really no point with the 'leading to water' part.
__________________
Danse De Raven

"P&N: Not Quite as Bad as Stormfront"
DominionSeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #65
jackstar7
Diamond Member
 
jackstar7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,138
Default

So anyone not drinking the kool-aid has obviously been chugging the hater-ade. Awesome.

Good place from which to start a conversation.
jackstar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #66
Binarycow
Golden Member
 
Binarycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,188
Default

Next time trash your house like a rock star in a hotel room, trash it from the front door to the back porch, then ask the maid service people to have it cleaned up it in 20 minutes and see what they will tell you.
__________________
The Great State of Mississippi, keeping bigotry and racism alive since 1817.
Binarycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #67
monovillage
Diamond Member
 
monovillage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N. California
Posts: 8,445
Default

LMAO, what a hilarious post, thanks Hayabusa. We can all see that no matter what happens only perceived good things will be laid at Obama's feet, anything negative will be blamed on Bush, Reagan, apple pie and an obstructionist Congress.
Almost makes you think this Onion piece was prescient.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/med...n-obamas,2703/

Quote:
WASHINGTON—More than a week after President Barack Obama's cold-blooded killing of a local couple, members of the American news media admitted Tuesday that they were still trying to find the best angle for covering the gruesome crime.
monovillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #68
JEDIYoda
Lifer
 
JEDIYoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Of Sodom View Post
Plus the other wars and shit he has gotten us into. He has had 4 years to pull us out of the war. He should have gotten at most 1 year of blaming Bush.

Now he is just going to blame the fucking house for stonewalling.

Meanwhile that motherfucker has his pen ready to raise my taxes.

I know, evil rich. People talk about how so few have amassed so much. Billionaires out there paying low taxes. Well, guess what? They have already amassed their riches, so taxing them isn't going to do shit. Nope, instead you need money from me.

My thought is that everyone in this country should have skin in the game and owe, at a minimum, $100/year in federal taxes. No refunds. You MUST pay to live in America, even if a token amount. What is the argument against this?
awww....still hurting in the ass from Obama winning the POTUS....
__________________
JohnOfSheffield -- That said, Palestine will exist when they understand that Israel exists, it's that blatantly simple!
JEDIYoda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:26 AM   #69
JEDIYoda
Lifer
 
JEDIYoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis 1 View Post
Well actually the election didn't go well . Sad you choose this road . But it wouldn't of been much better the other way either. Damn if you people shouldn't get what you want with mans oversight. Your wise! To put so much faith in a man who is so secretive about his life and job as leader of Amecia. Whos given us 2 things in 4 years. Besides a 15 trillion dollar debt Is obama robbery and 800 billion dollar bank bailout when the people were expecting the bail out.

I can't wait to see whats up Mr, Wisdars sleeve next . But I do think you people have earned it.
truth hurts...huh...
__________________
JohnOfSheffield -- That said, Palestine will exist when they understand that Israel exists, it's that blatantly simple!
JEDIYoda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:27 AM   #70
JEDIYoda
Lifer
 
JEDIYoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monovillage View Post
LMAO, what a hilarious post, thanks Hayabusa. We can all see that no matter what happens only perceived good things will be laid at Obama's feet, anything negative will be blamed on Bush, Reagan, apple pie and an obstructionist Congress.
Almost makes you think this Onion piece was prescient.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/med...n-obamas,2703/
Finally you get it....it`s a miracle...
__________________
JohnOfSheffield -- That said, Palestine will exist when they understand that Israel exists, it's that blatantly simple!
JEDIYoda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #71
JEDIYoda
Lifer
 
JEDIYoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piasabird View Post
Could of, Would of, Should of. This is now and O'Bammah is King. I say wait a while and find out if the King has no Clothes. Now the King has to convince Congress with both obnoxious Democrats and obnoxious republicans to actually resolve these Temporary Tax Cuts that Bush Left Us.

Will they expire?

Will he make a deal?

Will we see another Great Depression?

Who Knows?
actually it is the republicans who need to mend fences and stop being obstructionists...
__________________
JohnOfSheffield -- That said, Palestine will exist when they understand that Israel exists, it's that blatantly simple!
JEDIYoda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #72
Moonbeam
Elite Member
 
Moonbeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 52,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Rider View Post
By the way M, you are probably somewhat amused, at least I hope so. It turned out heavier than I intended, but I should have correctly calibrated for partisanship. There's not many who can take a poke, mores the pity.

Anyway, something constructive. The sourdough is coming along. Tomorrow I take the rye starter and make this.





Found at this most excellent forum. Democrats and republicans welcome
Those look great. I spent many nights a while back reading up on bread ovens and how to get good French bread crust using steam. Would love to try something as a combo wok, tandoori and pizza bread machine using clay, propane and a venturi burner. I like Naan, pizza, bread and food what gots Hei.
__________________
The above is probably just my usual sarcasm and in no way reflects my real opinion (and,or) may include subtleties of sufficient rarity as to appear to the unsuspecting like total gibberish. It may not be so much a matter that I'm far out, but rather that you have never been anywhere.
Moonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #73
WhipperSnapper
Lifer
 
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllus View Post
You really can't judge these things based on time span alone. You can fault Obama for doing a poor job of correcting what Bush did and hold him accountable for that, but it's hardly fair to lay the cause of the recession and war(s) at his feet. They will forever be Bush's follies.
People also seem to conveniently forget that the House is controlled by the Republicans and that Obama cannot pass legislation on his own.
WhipperSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #74
Hayabusa Rider
Elite Member
 
Hayabusa Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 36,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
People also seem to conveniently forget that the House is controlled by the Republicans and that Obama cannot pass legislation on his own.
Obama doesn't pass legislation, however that would have been the case with Bush. Obviously Iraq belonged to Bush, but laws are made by Congress. The loose use of terminology has some real basis that I'll get into as I have time.
__________________
My favorite TV quote by Mr. Spock

"I object to you. I object to intellect without discipline; I object to power without constructive purpose."
Hayabusa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.