· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #10001
smackababy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Someone showed me how to compare items on the AH to what I am wearing. Link the item to yourself then join a game and click on it. It will show you the change in stats.

I never thought about doing this before he showed me.
How do you link the item to yourself?
------------------------
XBL: the wrong panda
smackababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #10002
fstime
Diamond Member

Leave any chat channels you are in, go to the AH, find an item you want to compare.

Click where your chat text normally shows up and it should allow you to start typing something but don't.

Hold down shift and left click the item or items you want to compare with your current gear and press enter.

It will say your message was not sent to a valid recipient, yada yada, enter game, click on your gear links.
fstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #10003
fstime
Diamond Member

Can someone give me an idea why my DPS seems so low??

I really can't sacrifice any more vit for strengh as you can see my health at 43K is the bare minimum for a barb.

So that means the high vit boots and shoulders need to stay. I can't get a high str belt because I need the IK set bonus for the lack of AR on my IK helm and I really like the life steal.

My latest change was going from a 920 dps 50CD, open socket axe to my current 1090dps 97CD no socket weapon for about 7k dps.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/20851803

I am not rich obviously as most of my items cost less than 10m.

One mistake I have made was getting to much gear with physical resist which is pretty worthless as a barb since molten (fire) and lightening mobs are what mostly kill barbs.

Last edited by fstime; 11-09-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #10004
smackababy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstime View Post
Can someone give me an idea why my DPS seems so low??

I really can't sacrifice any more vit for strengh as you can see my health at 43K is the bare minimum for a barb.

So that means the high vit boots and armor need to stay. I can't get a high str belt because I need the IK set bonus for the lack of AR on my IK helm and I really like the life steal.

My latest change was going from a 920 dps 50CD, open socket axe to my current 1090dps 97CD no socket weapon for about 7k dps.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/20851803

I am not rich obviously as most of my items cost less than 10m.
I would buy a fast off hand. For like 5mil, you can get a dagger with 80+ crit hit, 2.5+ life steal and a socket. Look for around the 700 dps range. That is a cheap WW upgrade that will easily help you farm. Also, you gems could be upgraded for not too much.
------------------------
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #10005
fstime
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackababy View Post
I would buy a fast off hand. For like 5mil, you can get a dagger with 80+ crit hit, 2.5+ life steal and a socket. Look for around the 700 dps range. That is a cheap WW upgrade that will easily help you farm. Also, you gems could be upgraded for not too much.
I have seen those weapons but my offhand also has 200 in stats I will lose which is enormous.

Those daggers with the same stats as mine take a skyrocket in price.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #10006
smackababy
Lifer

Quote:
I have seen those weapons but my offhand also has 200 in stats I will lose which is enormous.

Those daggers with the same stats as mine take a skyrocket in price.
That spear is so slow though, it is hurting your WW and Sprint damage. That str and vit you lose would be worth it with how much you do gain from WW and Sprint tornadoes. I know it seems like you're going to be losing DPS, but sheet DPS and actual damage done differ a lot.

I know the dagger in my armory is up on the AH for 6mil, but I'd take it down and sell it to you for like 2.5mil if you wanted it. Without the gem obviously. =) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/e.../hero/28168109
------------------------

Last edited by smackababy; 11-09-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #10007
fstime
Diamond Member

I will try it out, I put a few bids in on the AH.

EDIT: Got a 740 dps, 110 vit, 75CD, life steal, socket dagger for a 2,000 gold bid. I figure i'd give up the str since I need to upgrade my gems anyways.

Last edited by fstime; 11-09-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #10008
rstrohkirch

You should be able to get a dagger with similar stats to your spear but without vit for under 2mil easy. Also, with the stats you have there is no reason you should need to use bloodthirst. You should switch it out for Boon of Bul-Kathos.
rstrohkirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #10009
fstime
Diamond Member

On a side note to people new to 1.0.4+, why are so many people including myself reporting fps drops into the single digits with a 10,000+ 3DMark 11, 680GTX powered PC?

And why are there nights with 5+ disconnections from the server when your on a 20mbps connection?

I checked the Blizzard forums and there are huge threads on these issues. Something is certainly wrong as the game was fine at release.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #10010
rstrohkirch

After 1.05, I get frame drop on the bridge in act3...in the same places every time. Was perfectly fine before the patch so obviously did something to cause issues.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #10011
fstime
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrohkirch View Post
After 1.05, I get frame drop on the bridge in act3...in the same places every time. Was perfectly fine before the patch so obviously did something to cause issues.
Exactly. It happens else where but the worst is while on the bridge.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #10012
Zenoth
Diamond Member

Quote:
Exactly. It happens else where but the worst is while on the bridge.
Good to see I'm not alone then, because indeed I get dramatic frame rate drops (literally down to a slideshow level, probably no more than 5 FPS or so) on the bridge. Not everywhere on the bridge though, only some specific spots on it, even if there's no mobs remaining after a fight, if I stay on that spot the drop in frames remains.
GPU: ASUS GTX 670 DCUII 2GB @ Stock

"To vanquish without adversity is to triumph without glory."
Zenoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #10013
smackababy
Lifer

Quote:
I do not like Andariel's helm at all. Any helmet without a socket should be passed up. There are too many benefits from having a socket in a helm.

Get a different belt. A rare can be a lot better than that IK.

Your gloves can be upgraded. (The three piece I use are chest, gloves and boots. The three piece is really nice to have, which you do.)

Your HF ring has no crit chance. The crit damage is nice though.

Your amulet can be upgraded with crit chance.
What should I look for in a belt? I am sure I need the life steal, but just standard Str, Vit, AR?
------------------------
Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #10014
rstrohkirch

Depends on how much you want to spend. For roughly 10mil you could get a belt like yours but with double wthe str and vit. If you have 20mil to spend then you can sneak into some belts that have life % as well.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #10015
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackababy View Post
That spear is so slow though, it is hurting your WW and Sprint damage. That str and vit you lose would be worth it with how much you do gain from WW and Sprint tornadoes. I know it seems like you're going to be losing DPS, but sheet DPS and actual damage done differ a lot.

I know the dagger in my armory is up on the AH for 6mil, but I'd take it down and sell it to you for like 2.5mil if you wanted it. Without the gem obviously. =) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/e.../hero/28168109
Sprint tornado damage is taken off the MH only.

I thought WW attack speed damage was off MH only.
Adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #10016
smackababy
Lifer

Quote:
Sprint tornado damage is taken off the MH only.

I thought WW attack speed damage was off MH only.
The speed at which they is alternates between weapon speeds. Therefore, off hand damage isn't as important as offhand speed for WW barbs. A dagger in the OH with good stats and lower DPS is favorable to a slow weapon with high DPS and okay stats.
------------------------
Old 11-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #10017
rstrohkirch

everything you need to know about sprint and ww mechanics

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497

You'll also notice if you read through the posts that since a lot more damage comes from WW in 1.05 that a faster but lower dps offhand isn't as good as it was in 1.04.

Last edited by rstrohkirch; 11-10-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #10018
silverpig
Lifer

Found this today. My set:legendary ratio is still pretty good.

silverpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #10019
smackababy
Lifer

Not a bad helm. I finally found a set item and it was a garage hand cross bow. Sold it quick enough for 3.5mil though. =( If only I could find decent legendary / set items. =(
------------------------
Old 11-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #10020
Imp
Lifer

Mediocre uniques just don't sell for much anymore. I got two new Manticores to experiment with, ended up blowing about 6 million - one for 2, other for 3.75. I'd thought that having two sockets with a slightly lower dps and huge +crit dmg would be better than a slightly higher dps and dex: I was wrong. Ended up spending about 6 million on the 2 socket one because I had to get an extra high quality emerald. Damage ended up being lower than a cheaper version with 70-ish higher dps and 200 dex (primary DH stat). And now I can't sell it for lower than the price I paid for it.

Also, gold is selling slow. Through on 20 million and it hasn't sold yet about 24 hours later. A few weeks back and I'd gotten rid of it within minutes of posting.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #10021
rstrohkirch

You don't use a dps calculator to check equipment changes? I use one every time I look at weapons or jewelry.

Ended up finding 2 set items today finally. Both were junk but the one was just horrible. It was a set mojo with just horrible base stats. I have no idea what they were thinking when they made some of these things.

Last edited by rstrohkirch; 11-10-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #10022
brotj7

What happened to gem prices? I bought radient star emeralds and rubys en masse a week or two back and they tripled in price. Should I sell? Will the price drop under 5mil again?
rig 4: Athlon 64 X2 4800+, 4gb DDR 400, x1950pro, XPpro x64
Assorted Tablets...
brotj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #10023
silverpig
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotj7 View Post
What happened to gem prices? I bought radient star emeralds and rubys en masse a week or two back and they tripled in price. Should I sell? Will the price drop under 5mil again?
Yeah I was about to say too. I think I got some for ~5.5M a few weeks ago and now they're 17-18M.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #10024
Wyndru
Diamond Member

Quote:
Leave any chat channels you are in, go to the AH, find an item you want to compare.

Click where your chat text normally shows up and it should allow you to start typing something but don't.

Hold down shift and left click the item or items you want to compare with your current gear and press enter.

It will say your message was not sent to a valid recipient, yada yada, enter game, click on your gear links.
I don't get it, wouldn't this just post it in whatever channel you are in? This weekend I saw a lot of people bitching at other people for doing this in general, not that it matters 90% of things typed in general are useless anyhow.

[EDIT] Oops I completely skipped over your first line where you say to leave any channels you are in. I understand now.
Wyndru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #10025
silverpig
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndru View Post
I don't get it, wouldn't this just post it in whatever channel you are in? This weekend I saw a lot of people bitching at other people for doing this in general, not that it matters 90% of things typed in general are useless anyhow.

[EDIT] Oops I completely skipped over your first line where you say to leave any channels you are in. I understand now.
Yeah it took me a little while to figure it out too.

I did learn a few things about weapons though.

1200 dps
86% CD
286 dex
+socket (100% crit)

Is better than

1080 dps
90% crit
312 dex
+ 2 sockets (200% crit)

at least with my level of crit chance etc.

Tags
beta, diablo iii