· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #76
sdifox
No Lifer

So Patrick82, what made anandtech worthy of your trolling?

http://cgi.audioasylum.com/scripts/m...?user_ID=33783

pdf
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4F...zZKZElmZmsxTjg
http://primaryaccounting.ca

Last edited by sdifox; 11-08-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #77
mmntech
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post
Alien crystals that magically clean a line-level signal? That's almost as bad as Mpingo discs and Shakti Stones.

Boycott SiriusXM
Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #78
KentState
Diamond Member

Quote:
Alien crystals that magically clean a line-level signal? That's almost as bad as Mpingo discs and Shakti Stones.
It's like we crossed over to Scientology.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #79
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie508 View Post
The OP is Patrick BTW.[IMG]http://www.**********/15.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.**********/09ht.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.**********/09ax.jpg[/IMG]
A few people have been saying that for a while now...
Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #80
skriefal
Golden Member

Looks like he sells a GroundHanger "rock" that is hung from an unused RCA output plug. It supposedly generates a "0.06mA suction force" (huh?) that drains noise through an unused RCA output plug. Retails for $1495, and on Audiogon for your pleasure. Just... wow.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #81
Fardringle
Diamond Member

If you want a REALLY effective crystal power cord that will give you a wristgasm (even better than an eargasm) I highly recommend this one and it will only cost you $15 - marked all the way down from Patrick's 'retail' price of $80,000. As a side benefit, if you hang it over your ear it will have just as much of an effect on the audio quality from your sound system as Patrick's $80K cables will..
"Greendale is a bodaciously small town, Lane... I can't even Find-A-Drug here!" - Charles De Mar (Better Off Dead)
"I did not have BOINC relations with that woman, Rosetta@Home!" - Bill Clinton
Old 11-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #82
Deders
Golden Member

I remember watching a video of someone interviewing people waiting in the queue for the 2nd ipad 2 with the higher res screen, showing them what they thought was the new product but was in fact the old one, most of them swore that it had a clearer picture.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #83
rommelrommel
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fardringle View Post
If you want a REALLY effective crystal power cord that will give you a wristgasm (even better than an eargasm) I highly recommend this one and it will only cost you $15 - marked all the way down from Patrick's 'retail' price of $80,000. As a side benefit, if you hang it over your ear it will have just as much of an effect on the audio quality from your sound system as Patrick's $80K cables will..
Doesn't cost enough, won't work.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #84
StrangerGuy
Diamond Member

The audiophile business is already an organized religion where beliefs can somehow change the laws of physics.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #85
Fardringle
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
Doesn't cost enough, won't work.
But it's discounted from the "real" price of $80,000. It's just a super special deal for those who are still skeptics about the possibility of true wristgasms. Once they experience their wristgasm they'll be so overcome that they'll recommend it to all of their friends, and then we'll sell it to all of their friends at the real price so we can make back our investment on research and development within the next 50 years.
"Greendale is a bodaciously small town, Lane... I can't even Find-A-Drug here!" - Charles De Mar (Better Off Dead)
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #86
rommelrommel
Golden Member

Quote:
But it's discounted from the "real" price of $80,000. It's just a super special deal for those who are still skeptics about the possibility of true wristgasms. Once they experience their wristgasm they'll be so overcome that they'll recommend it to all of their friends, and then we'll sell it to all of their friends at the real price so we can make back our investment on research and development within the next 50 years.
Hmm, I'm almost convinced but what if one of my friends finds out that I really only paid 15 bucks for it? I'd be laughed right off of Audiogon
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #87
Fardringle
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
Hmm, I'm almost convinced but what if one of my friends finds out that I really only paid 15 bucks for it? I'd be laughed right off of Audiogon
That is a very good point. I neglected to mention that anyone receiving the discounted price will have to sign a non-disclosure agreement with their own blood. Anyone who breaks the NDA will be reported to the aliens that created the crystals that break our laws of physics and the aliens will remotely alter the crystal formula so that it gives you the wristgasm equivalent of a kick in the crotch with a spiked boot every five minutes for the rest of your life.

So you can feel happy and confident knowing that nobody else will ever know how little you paid for your $80,000 value wristgasm inducing crystal power cable.

(I actually didn't - entirely - make this part up. If you go to Patrick's web site, on the left there's an item that actually says that anyone getting a discount has to sign an NDA about the price they paid..)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #88
A5
Diamond Member

I reported this thread when it was first posted. Sad to see the mods left it.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #89
Railgun
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5 View Post
I reported this thread when it was first posted. .
Why? If you don't like it, move along.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #90
poofyhairguy
Diamond Member

Last edited by poofyhairguy; 11-09-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #91
AudioTruth

Quote:
Customers say my VibraPortal is better than Shakti Stones, and my SeaShell BlackRain is better than Mpingo discs. For a lower price.

Also, my GroundHanger is better than Acoustic Revive RGC-24 Ground Conditioner ($800), also for a lower price.
I have owned 11 pieces of the RGC-24, it took only one day of DIY to make something better.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #92
mmntech
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deders View Post
I remember watching a video of someone interviewing people waiting in the queue for the 2nd ipad 2 with the higher res screen, showing them what they thought was the new product but was in fact the old one, most of them swore that it had a clearer picture.
The power of suggestion is well, powerful. Though at least there's a clear difference between the two when you place them side by side.

Power cords, not so much. What these "audiophile" cords promise defies the laws of physics. I doubt even hooked up to a sensitive oscilloscope you'd see any difference.

Boycott SiriusXM
Old 11-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #93
AudioTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmntech View Post
The power of suggestion is well, powerful. Though at least there's a clear difference between the two when you place them side by side.

Power cords, not so much. What these "audiophile" cords promise defies the laws of physics. I doubt even hooked up to a sensitive oscilloscope you'd see any difference.
The power of suggestion is stronger the other way. It's easier to ignore differences between cables. But to hear a difference requires a lot of experience, practice and concentration.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #94
gorb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG87 View Post
You should sell one to cheez
didn't realize that avsforum troll was trolling here too lol
Old 11-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #95
Pacfanweb
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioTruth View Post
The power of suggestion is stronger the other way. It's easier to ignore differences between cables. But to hear a difference requires a lot of experience, practice and concentration.
Also known as 'imagination'.

"One of the reasons I left Sabbath is Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." Ozzy
Old 11-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #96
AudioTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacfanweb View Post
Also known as 'imagination'.
If it was imagination, I would have realized it after 40000 hours of experimentation and blind testing. There is no doubt that power cables give differences in sound.
When being fatigued or stressed, the hearing becomes worse and the differences become smaller and harder to detect. But when being well rested, the differences are night and day. It takes a lot of practice to know what state of mind you need to have in order to hear the biggest differences.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #97
SyndromeOCZ

Quote:
If it was imagination, I would have realized it after 40000 hours of experimentation and blind testing. There is no doubt that power cables give differences in sound.
When being fatigued or stressed, the hearing becomes worse and the differences become smaller and harder to detect. But when being well rested, the differences are night and day. It takes a lot of practice to know what state of mind you need to have in order to hear the biggest differences.
So basically what your saying is that you need to have a few alcoholic beverages to make your music sound better? 80k could get you a mega fuck ton of decent booze.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #98
kornphlake
Golden Member

Quote:
It takes a lot of practice to know what state of mind you need to have in order to hear the biggest differences.
The biggest difference is what you can hear regardless of your state of mind. Speakers and the quality of the recording are the biggest difference and anybody can hear the differences any time of day or night regardless of what power cable you choose.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #99
skriefal
Golden Member

Quote:
Customers say my VibraPortal is better than Shakti Stones, and my SeaShell BlackRain is better than Mpingo discs.
Those aren't exactly rousing endorsements.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #100
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez View Post
Long lines are not the culprit of bad electricity.

http://www.lessloss.com/dfpc-signature-p-199.html

In that link, scroll down a little bit and start reading "Long Power Lines..." and down.

Mid / Top-end Power cables are extremely important. The only reason why I don't have them is because, I don't have money. I will have to save up for just that.

Btw, incredibly awesome thread. THANK YOU ORIGINAL POSTER! This is one of my favorites.
lulz. You really should buy the cables Patrick82 is pushing since you are the perfect candidate. What does power transmission got to do with signal degradation? That is absolutely misdirection.

Last edited by sdifox; 11-11-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
magazine, ransom, scam, stereo, times