· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #51
piasabird
Lifer

97.1 FM Talk
I dont care to watch the brainwashing networks. It Keeps my blood pressure low.

Streaming Link

http://www.971talk.com/Other/streaming.html
Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #52
Thump553
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piasabird View Post
97.1 FM Talk
I dont care to watch the brainwashing networks. It Keeps my blood pressure low.

Streaming Link

http://www.971talk.com/Other/streaming.html
That station could be Exhibit #1 for what is wrong with the right wing infotainment world.
Thump553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #53
sm625
Diamond Member

10 million dumbed down morons watching CNN. Even more dumbed down morons watching Fox. And there is 20+ million reasons why this country continues to circle the drain. nothing will get fixed until these people are gone, they are a generation lost into the stoopie tube. These people who sit around watching this crap for hours on the edge of their seats are just so braindead they may as well find a cattle car and get onboard and wait for the next holocaust.

I got my election coverage from live blogs, and wasted no more than 2 minutes on it. What the hell does it matter if Obomney or Obomney wins? I ask people, name one thing that will be different if Mr XX wins? The best anyone can do is maybe a few thousand jobs here or there. But that's it. Everything else stays the same, the course of the ship dont change. The course of the ship is 20 million dumbed down fools getting their entire world view from some stupid box owned and controlled by the very rich.
AT forum member #1: Buy a 4790k

I am looking for a way to get 10 more fps in TF2.
AT forum member #2: Buy a 4790k
sm625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #54
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm625 View Post
10 million dumbed down morons watching CNN. Even more dumbed down morons watching Fox. And there is 20+ million reasons why this country continues to circle the drain. nothing will get fixed until these people are gone, they are a generation lost into the stoopie tube. These people who sit around watching this crap for hours on the edge of their seats are just so braindead they may as well find a cattle car and get onboard and wait for the next holocaust.

I got my election coverage from live blogs, and wasted no more than 2 minutes on it. What the hell does it matter if Obomney or Obomney wins? I ask people, name one thing that will be different if Mr XX wins? The best anyone can do is maybe a few thousand jobs here or there. But that's it. Everything else stays the same, the course of the ship dont change. The course of the ship is 20 million dumbed down fools getting their entire world view from some stupid box owned and controlled by the very rich.
This. Your correct but there are too many partisan idiots on here who only post to take shots at the other side
Incorruptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #55
dank69
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm625 View Post

You guys are like broken fucking records. The two parties can't agree on a single fucking issue but you are trying to sell the idea that they are no different from each other. Do you even realize how batshit insane you guys sound? Why don't you stop being lazy and do the simple little bit of work it takes to research your representative's voting records?

pcgeek11: IMO: Being gay is not a minority. It is a genetic defect

Idontcare: dank69 is hereby permabanned.
dank69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #56
Londo_Jowo
Lifer

Didn't watch any coverage, went to bed around 9:30 CDT.
Londo_Jowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #57
blankslate
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
msnbc is biased,
this is true, but they start with facts and come to at least somewhat reasonable conclusions about them...

their counterparts on Fox... well

Let's just say Dick Morris's landslide prediction... was as valuable as what some posters here usually spew.

Dropkick Murphys - Workers Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfGTDyjVSE
blankslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #58
ElFenix
Elite Member
Super Moderator
Off Topic

fox and abc at the gym (they're next to the tv showing espn), cnn (mmm erin burnett) at home until i saw that the daily show and colbert were live, then switched over to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank69 View Post
The two parties can't agree on a single fucking issue
that's just tautological thinking there. if they agree on it, it's not an issue.

AnandTech Mean Moderator

Last edited by ElFenix; 11-09-2012 at 11:13 AM.
ElFenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #59
Jaskalas
Lifer

Quote:
You guys are like broken fucking records. The two parties can't agree on a single fucking issue but you are trying to sell the idea that they are no different from each other. Do you even realize how batshit insane you guys sound? Why don't you stop being lazy and do the simple little bit of work it takes to research your representative's voting records?
The Bush presidency made it quite clear: both sides will increase government.

They only argue over the details.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #60
dank69
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskalas View Post
The Bush presidency made it quite clear: both sides will increase government.

They only argue over the details.
You know what? The world is a changin'. As populations rise it's becoming harder and harder to be your own island. That means every little thing you do will have more of an impact on everyone else as each day ticks by. You can choose to stick your head in the sand and pretend nothing's changing and rules don't need to adapt if you want. Or you can get in the game and do your best to help influence the change in the proper direction. And backwards isn't a fucking option.

pcgeek11: IMO: Being gay is not a minority. It is a genetic defect

Idontcare: dank69 is hereby permabanned.
dank69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #61
techs
Lifer

Quote:
You know what? The world is a changin'. As populations rise it's becoming harder and harder to be your own island. That means every little thing you do will have more of an impact on everyone else as each day ticks by. You can choose to stick your head in the sand and pretend nothing's changing and rules don't need to adapt if you want. Or you can get in the game and do your best to help influence the change in the proper direction. And backwards isn't a fucking option.
QFT

I think the right wingers still think America is Little House on the Prairie.
Wake the fuck up. We live in a complex, interconnected world.

I shouldn't have to spend six months researching every chemical they put in food to find out if its going to give me cancer. Hell, after 6 months I probably still wouldn't know.
Nor should I spend two years learning law, and medicine so I can determine if my health plan has a loophole that allows them not to pay for any treatmen in a month with more than 27 days. Of course, the health insurance company will have guys who spend their whole lives trying to figure out how to fool me.

No, the morons who constantly rail about the end of the US due to "big government" were the same people who screamed that the government financing the railroads would lead to the end of American prosperity.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #62
crashtestdummy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishScott View Post
PBS. Just about the only major network with commentators I respect.
Pretty much this. While I caught clips of the hilarity afterward, I wanted seriousness during the actual coverage. I tried to flip it to some of the other networks, but they were mostly just spewing noise. While PBS didn't have the rolling stats, I just watched the ones I wanted to on my computer.
crashtestdummy is offline   Reply With Quote