· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 AM   #9976
pandemonium
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackababy View Post
He was talking about his helm, which unless you want extra XP, the health isn't taking away from DPS.
When would you not want the extra exp gained? (Aside from being PL100, because that'd be a derp.)

If you're curious about getting into vaping, I'd be glad to help! I quit smoking with vaping! /truestory
pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 AM   #9977
CalebRockeT
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badb0y View Post
Does anyone play HC? I just started up a monk for fun since SC is boring as hell now.
As long as you don't do stupid things, HC is pretty safe and a lot of fun. Just be sure that you're actually in town before you minimize. I started another character after I lost the one below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebRockeT View Post
I was playing my level 51 HC Barb in Act 1 Hell. I had just cleared an area and for some reason decided I didn't need to TP before I minimized to look at something in Firefox. This is the result. I'm. So. Stupid. To add insult to injury, I had just spent about 1 million of my 1.7 million gold on upgrades for Hell. 25-30 hours of play time down the drain for this dumb-dumb.

CalebRockeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #9978
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemonium View Post
When would you not want the extra exp gained? (Aside from being PL100, because that'd be a derp.)
When I do Ubers, I put the gem in. I left it in for some key runs because they are fast. When I want to get exp, I will put a ruby in the helm.

Anyways, I did some runs last night with two Barbs and a Wizard (Archon) for some keys in Act 2. One of the runs was on mp8. The Barbs and I were in vent and I told them to grab all the champion packs and bring them to a spot. We had six or seven champion packs all gathered up. That was the most fun I had in a long time.
Adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #9979
digiram
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
When I do Ubers, I put the gem in. I left it in for some key runs because they are fast. When I want to get exp, I will put a ruby in the helm.

Anyways, I did some runs last night with two Barbs and a Wizard (Archon) for some keys in Act 2. One of the runs was on mp8. The Barbs and I were in vent and I told them to grab all the champion packs and bring them to a spot. We had six or seven champion packs all gathered up. That was the most fun I had in a long time.
any legendary or set items drop after they all died?
Core i5 2380p @ 4.0 ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Powercolor R9 280X 3gb, 240 Muchkin SSD, 1 TB Seagate, Antec HCG 620m, Cooler Master ATCS 840, M-audio Fast Track, Rokit Studio Monitors, M-Audio Axiom. Reason 5 and Pro-Tools 7

Heat
Good Music
digiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #9980
Imp
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemonium View Post
If the trade off is +15% or more life, then that may be worth it. All the time I spend running back to where I died could be spent killing things if I were alive, so it'd probably balance out to some degree. Hmmm... I should try that. A 5k health bump would hurt too much.

Honestly, I'd prefer to stick in an emerald for the 25% gold find, but playing on MP3, I now have over 350gf. It was sweet finding 3400 gold stacks at MP5 - too bad I died often enough and things took so long to kill that the benefit was pointless.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #9981
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiram View Post
any legendary or set items drop after they all died?
One got a legendary and the rest got a ton of yellows to drop.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #9982
digiram
Diamond Member

My WD is finally over 100k dps. Can't believe it. All I need now is lacunis with crit, zuni or mempo helm with crit, and innas temp. Would make my WD fully stacked.

Edit: witching hour to, but I kinda need the life and vit from my current belt.
Core i5 2380p @ 4.0 ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Powercolor R9 280X 3gb, 240 Muchkin SSD, 1 TB Seagate, Antec HCG 620m, Cooler Master ATCS 840, M-audio Fast Track, Rokit Studio Monitors, M-Audio Axiom. Reason 5 and Pro-Tools 7

Heat
Good Music

Last edited by digiram; 11-08-2012 at 03:24 PM.
digiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #9983
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A...29/hero/827386

Since the patch hit, I have bought:

Unity 90 million
LotU 15 million (LoH, resist all, damage reduction and damage increase against elites and Ubers)
Mempo 85 million
IK Gloves 91 million (higher stats was even more gold, may have overpaid but they are nice. The bid was 91 and change that I made with three seconds left from a 51 and change sitting there)
My OH 15 million

With all the crap I found and sold, I am still sitting good on gold. I may buy some IK stride boots next with 150+ strength or a new belt.

Last edited by Adrenaline; 11-08-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #9984
rstrohkirch

Quote:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A...29/hero/827386

Since the patch hit, I have bought:

Unity 90 million
LotU 15 million (LoH, resist all, damage reduction and damage increase against elites and Ubers)
Mempo 85 million
IK Gloves 91 million (higher stats was even more gold, may have overpaid but they are nice. The bid was 91 and change that I made with three seconds left from a 51 and change sitting there)
My OH 15 million

With all the crap I found and sold, I am still sitting good on gold. I may buy some IK stride boots next with 150+ strength or a new belt.

Ouch on the Unity? That's a 65mil price hike to go from 80ish vit to 55ar?
rstrohkirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #9985
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrohkirch View Post
Ouch on the Unity? That's a 65mil price hike to go from 80ish vit to 55ar?
Yep. You should see the price hike for attack speed on one of these.

It also has:

321 LoH (225-328)
167 Strength (150-169)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/unity

I tried bidding on one similar with 68 all resistances on it, and it shot up from 90 million to over 170 million in the last minute.

Last edited by Adrenaline; 11-08-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #9986
rstrohkirch

I think I BIN the one I have for 25mil and it's a little more dps than yours but 70vit for the random roll. Never even looked at ar rolls for them and didn't realize how much more they cost. I generally assume a AS or CD roll will be silly priced.

Here's mine currently:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/r.../hero/27310915

Trying to decide what lucani I want to buy here. I'm looking at str/crit, str/vit/ar or ar/crit. Str/crit is the cheapest with a lower roll while ar/crit is the most expensive even with a low roll.

Last edited by rstrohkirch; 11-08-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #9987
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

Someone showed me how to compare items on the AH to what I am wearing. Link the item to yourself then join a game and click on it. It will show you the change in stats.

I never thought about doing this before he showed me.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #9988
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think I BIN the one I have for 25mil and it's a little more dps than yours but 70vit for the random roll. Never even looked at ar rolls for them and didn't realize how much more they cost. I generally assume a AS or CD roll will be silly priced.

Here's mine currently:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/r.../hero/27310915

Trying to decide what lucani I want to buy here. I'm looking at str/crit, str/vit/ar or ar/crit. Str/crit is the cheapest with a lower roll while ar/crit is the most expensive even with a low roll.
I went for the AR over Vit because I wanted my EHP to be higher. (I never did the exact numbers but went with stuff I have looked at in the past) It has been well worth it so far. It takes a lot for me to die on mp8 now, which was my goal.

I need to get an OH like I have now but with a lot of strength. It is just a lot of gold that is not worth it to me.

Your gear is nice. Three piece IK set is really good for the damage reduction. I took lower dps for survivability. It has paid off extremely well.

Last edited by Adrenaline; 11-08-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #9989
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

From this thread posted a while back on the battle net forums:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5760137664

#5 Increasing your Effective Health by Damage Reduction is better than by adding Life

Last edited by Adrenaline; 11-08-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #9990
smackababy
Lifer

Interesting read. Wish there was a spreadsheet to figure out your SEP.
------------------------
XBL: the wrong panda
smackababy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #9991
pandemonium
Golden Member

Quote:
Someone showed me how to compare items on the AH to what I am wearing. Link the item to yourself then join a game and click on it. It will show you the change in stats.

I never thought about doing this before he showed me.
That's a really good and simple idea to do for something that you're really on the fence about. I would've done that with some items in the past that I thought would've been better, but in reality they weren't.

Good tip!

If you're curious about getting into vaping, I'd be glad to help! I quit smoking with vaping! /truestory
pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:53 AM   #9992
badb0y
Diamond Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/b.../hero/24513183

Looking to grab a good IK armor and a Mempo with crit. I want to hit 200k DPS unbuffed lol.
Originally Posted by Neil deGrasse Tyson
God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance.
badb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #9993
Schfifty Five
Lifer

Quote:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/b.../hero/24513183

Looking to grab a good IK armor and a Mempo with crit. I want to hit 200k DPS unbuffed lol.
Damn nice gear.

So my barb is not nearly as good as that, but I currently have the 2 bul-kalthos set weapons but neither of them have open sockets to stick a crit gem in there.

How important is it to get weapons with OS? My DPS is only at like 41k unbuffed. My gear definitely needs to be improved since I'm dying a lot on just public inferno games. I think it's mostly my low resistances that are killing me.
Schfifty Five is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #9994
badb0y
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schfifty Five View Post
Damn nice gear.

So my barb is not nearly as good as that, but I currently have the 2 bul-kalthos set weapons but neither of them have open sockets to stick a crit gem in there.

How important is it to get weapons with OS? My DPS is only at like 41k unbuffed. My gear definitely needs to be improved since I'm dying a lot on just public inferno games. I think it's mostly my low resistances that are killing me.
I would never consider using a weapon without OS for a barb unless it was something insane like a Echoing Fury with base crit damage and life steal with like 1200 dps.
Originally Posted by Neil deGrasse Tyson
God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance.
badb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #9995
Schfifty Five
Lifer

Quote:
I would never consider using a weapon without OS for a barb unless it was something insane like a Echoing Fury with base crit damage and life steal with like 1200 dps.
OK thanks. I think that's probably one thing that's keeping my dps down (other than the overall fact of my gear not being that great)

Here's my barb's profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/s.../hero/27785710

As you can see, my gear is very non-uber. I tried to buy good gear at a low price given that my gold was only around 30M at the time my barb hit 60. I'm now at about 21M gold.

Also, I'm dying a lot in just pub inferno act 3 runs. Should I switch out ignore pain with War Cry and Unforgiving with Bloodthirst?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #9996
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schfifty Five View Post
OK thanks. I think that's probably one thing that's keeping my dps down (other than the overall fact of my gear not being that great)

Here's my barb's profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/s.../hero/27785710

As you can see, my gear is very non-uber. I tried to buy good gear at a low price given that my gold was only around 30M at the time my barb hit 60. I'm now at about 21M gold.

Also, I'm dying a lot in just pub inferno act 3 runs. Should I switch out ignore pain with War Cry and Unforgiving with Bloodthirst?
Your AR and Armor are low. Ditch IP for Warcry with Impunity and ditch Unforgiving for Nerves of Steel.

You are dying a lot now, you need to do these small changes so you can play without dying first. The thing is, you need to feel what it is like to kill everything without dying at all so you get a hunger to do it faster and more powerful. A key to learning this, with your gearset, is to WW on the outside of packs and not through them. You lack the survivability right now.

If I recall correctly, a 100% crit gem is around 200-220 dps on a weapon. I can help you out later if you wish. I have helped three friends with regearing and reskilling their Barbs.

Adrenaline#1529

Edit:

Start your regearing after what I mentioned above and look for these mininun stats if possible:

Amulet
100 strength 100 vitality 40 AR 7% crit chance

Boots
IK

Pants
100 strength 150 vitality 60 AR

Chest
70 strength 140 vitality 50 AR

Rings (yes both)
70 strength 70 vitality 30 AR (get LoH or AR) 4.5 crit chance

Gloves
IK

Belt
160 strength 100 vitality 60 AR
Sell your IK belt. IK belts suck unless you get the right stats. There are more viable options that give better dps and survivability for the gold.

Shoulders
170 strength 120 vitality 70 AR
Your VW lack vitality

This is what I would suggest before you do weapons. These changes will affect your survivability immensely.

Last edited by Adrenaline; 11-09-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #9997
rstrohkirch

With 21m you could change out almost half your gear for MUCH MUCH better stuff. You can also message me in game if you see me and I can help you grab some stuff off the AH.

ryans-1388
Old 11-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #9998
Schfifty Five
Lifer

Quote:
Your AR and Armor are low. Ditch IP for Warcry with Impunity and ditch Unforgiving for Nerves of Steel.

You are dying a lot now, you need to do these small changes so you can play without dying first. The thing is, you need to feel what it is like to kill everything without dying at all so you get a hunger to do it faster and more powerful. A key to learning this, with your gearset, is to WW on the outside of packs and not through them. You lack the survivability right now.

If I recall correctly, a 100% crit gem is around 200-220 dps on a weapon. I can help you out later if you wish. I have helped three friends with regearing and reskilling their Barbs.

Adrenaline#1529

Edit:

Start your regearing after what I mentioned above and look for these mininun stats if possible:

Amulet
100 strength 100 vitality 40 AR 7% crit chance

Boots
IK

Pants
100 strength 150 vitality 60 AR

Chest
70 strength 140 vitality 50 AR

Rings (yes both)
70 strength 70 vitality 30 AR (get LoH or AR) 4.5 crit chance

Gloves
IK

Belt
160 strength 100 vitality 60 AR
Sell your IK belt. IK belts suck unless you get the right stats. There are more viable options that give better dps and survivability for the gold.

Shoulders
170 strength 120 vitality 70 AR
Your VW lack vitality

This is what I would suggest before you do weapons. These changes will affect your survivability immensely.
Quote:
With 21m you could change out almost half your gear for MUCH MUCH better stuff. You can also message me in game if you see me and I can help you grab some stuff off the AH.

ryans-1388
Appreciate the responses. I'll try to look for you guys thsi weekend if possible, but I'll be out of town and not sure if my laptop will be able to handle D3.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #9999
smackababy
Lifer

What do you guys think would be the cheapest / easiest to upgrade next for my barb? I am 89k dp unbuffed and farm MP3 with no problems at all. My dagger hasn't updated yet, but it has 92% crit hit and 3% life steal. A minor upgrade from the current one showing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/e.../hero/28168109

Thank
------------------------
XBL: the wrong panda
smackababy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #10000
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackababy View Post
What do you guys think would be the cheapest / easiest to upgrade next for my barb? I am 89k dp unbuffed and farm MP3 with no problems at all. My dagger hasn't updated yet, but it has 92% crit hit and 3% life steal. A minor upgrade from the current one showing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/e.../hero/28168109

Thank
I do not like Andariel's helm at all. Any helmet without a socket should be passed up. There are too many benefits from having a socket in a helm.

Get a different belt. A rare can be a lot better than that IK.

Your gloves can be upgraded. (The three piece I use are chest, gloves and boots. The three piece is really nice to have, which you do.)

Your HF ring has no crit chance. The crit damage is nice though.

Your amulet can be upgraded with crit chance.

Tags
beta, diablo iii