· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #26
dud
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCGuy View Post
Yes, yes you are lying.

But that is OK, it is the internet.

Edit: Also the person above you is lying. But again, doesn't bother me.

The OP may actually be asking for valid advice to raise his CS ... but I doubt it. This thread is simply an opportunity for the OP to brag.

OP, Your credit is very high but I also doubt it is truly that high. I have no debt, house paid of ... blah, blah ... and the latest score that I pulled was in the mid-700s. Truth be told I could care less WHAT my CS is credit is not necessary and has helped to lead this country to the abyss.

Have fun with that credit score ...
Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #27
OCGuy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy2000GT View Post
you are probably some sleazy used car salesman and most used car buyers have bad credit so you can't base what you see soley on that.
I could be a sleasy used car salesman. Or I could be a processor/underwriter in one of the weathiest parts of one of the wealthiest counties in the country.

The 4 drawers in my cabinet could all look like the one that is open below. (only lets you open 1 at a time), and they could total 150+ mortgage loans that I am responsible for closing within 30 days with minimal hiccups.

My desk could be so messy because I am the Senior loan processor at a large mortgage company, or I could be at a Mazda dealer peddling 2003 POS cars and be talking out of my ass.

You'll never know.

Last edited by OCGuy; 11-08-2012 at 04:58 PM.
OCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #28
kranky
Elite Member

I suspect Svnla nailed it - I doubt everyone is talking about FICO scores. I see this all the time on creditboards. People wonder why their "800 score" doesn't make lenders swoon when they don't even realize they are looking at their VantageScore (maxes out at 990) and not their FICO (maxes out at 850).

It only took decades for me to get to 815 (FICO) and 990 (VantageScore), with a perfectly clean record. What is holding my FICO score back is no mortgage, no recent installment loans and no recent auto loans. And I see no reason to borrow money I don't need just to boost a score that is fine where it is.

Also, learn what "bucketing" is with respect to FICO scores now, before you end up puzzled why nothing changed on your reports but your score dropped a bit.

Last edited by kranky; 11-08-2012 at 04:56 PM.
kranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #29
Nintendesert
Diamond Member

Quote:
I could be a sleasy used car salesman. Or I could be a processor/underwriter in one of the weathiest parts of one of the wealthiest counties in the country.

The 4 drawers in my cabienet could all look like the one that is open below. (only lets you open 1 at a time), and they could total 150+ mortgage loans that I am responsible for closing within 30 days with minimal hiccups.

My desk could be so messy because I am the Senior loan processor at a large mortgage company, or I could be at a Mazda dealer peddling 2003 POS cars and be talking out of my ass.

You'll never know.

I do know you live in a faraday cage.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #30
Svnla
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranky View Post
I suspect Svnla nailed it - I doubt everyone is talking about FICO scores. I see this all the time on creditboards. People wonder why their "800 score" doesn't make lenders swoon when they don't even realize they are looking at their VantageScore and not their FICO.

It only took decades for me to get to 815 (FICO), with a perfectly clean record. What is holding my score back is no mortgage, no recent installment loans and no recent auto loans. And I see no reason to borrow money I don't need just to boost a score that is fine where it is.

Yup, you got ding on #5 of my FICO components list above (post #5). You did not have "diversification" on your credit file.

But as I said, as long as you are 800 FICO or above, it is all good. No need to lose any sleep to get to 850 FICO because it would not give you any financial benefits.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #31
Tommy2000GT
Golden Member

Quote:

The 4 drawers in my cabienet could all look like the one that is open below. (only lets you open 1 at a time), and they could total 150+ mortgage loans that I am responsible for closing within 30 days with minimal hiccups.

You'll never know.

now i pick sleazy finance guy in a car dealership
Tommy2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #32
IndyColtsFan
Lifer

Quote:
I suspect Svnla nailed it - I doubt everyone is talking about FICO scores. I see this all the time on creditboards. People wonder why their "800 score" doesn't make lenders swoon when they don't even realize they are looking at their VantageScore and not their FICO.

It only took decades for me to get to 815 (FICO), with a perfectly clean record. What is holding my score back is no mortgage, no recent installment loans and no recent auto loans. And I see no reason to borrow money I don't need just to boost a score that is fine where it is.
Some might not be talking about FICO score, but I am. I just got my latest last month as part of my re-fi. When we bought our current house in 2008 and were talking to the mortgage broker, she gasped when she saw my score.
MAIN: i7-2600K @ 4.5 Ghz | Asus P8Z68-V Pro | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3-1600 | Seagate 600 series 240 GB SSD (boot) | Samsung Evo 500 GB | 2 TB (data) | MSI Lightning GTX780 | Cosmos S | Dell U2410 and 2001fp | Seasonic Platinum 760 | Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise

Last edited by IndyColtsFan; 11-08-2012 at 05:06 PM.
IndyColtsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #33
Tommy2000GT
Golden Member

to clarify my 821 is a FICO score. it says so on my report
Tommy2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #34
IndyColtsFan
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svnla View Post
But as I said, as long as you are 800 FICO or above, it is all good. No need to lose any sleep to get to 850 FICO because it would not give you any financial benefits.
Exactly.
MAIN: i7-2600K @ 4.5 Ghz | Asus P8Z68-V Pro | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3-1600 | Seagate 600 series 240 GB SSD (boot) | Samsung Evo 500 GB | 2 TB (data) | MSI Lightning GTX780 | Cosmos S | Dell U2410 and 2001fp | Seasonic Platinum 760 | Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise
IndyColtsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #35
TallBill
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendesert View Post
I loled
Old 11-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #36
MustISO
Lifer

When I got my last car my score was over 810 and they seemed shocked. I do pay off every CC statement and have since I was 16.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #37
Nintendesert
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustISO View Post
When I got my last car my score was over 810 and they seemed shocked. I do pay off every CC statement and have since I was 16.

Well this is America, of course they were shocked. Not even the USofA has a score that high.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #38
OCGuy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendesert View Post
If attacking my workspace makes you feel better for getting busted about BSing your credit score on the internet, I am all for it.

Something tells me that not only do 95% plus of ATOTers not have their own office, they most likely don't have a window if they do.

This is based off of previous "share your workspace" threads, as well as the "what do you do for a living" threads.

I can tell you for certain that the ATOTers with the 760+ FICO scores are most likely not posting about them.

Much like the ATOTers who make the most annually are not the ones claiming they do on a message board.

As to one of the comments above, most car dealers do not use the Fair Issac model for risk. Mortgages use two Fair Issacs and a BEACON and take the middle score.

Last edited by OCGuy; 11-08-2012 at 05:11 PM.
OCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #39
Nemesis 1
Banned

Quote:
I suspect Svnla nailed it - I doubt everyone is talking about FICO scores. I see this all the time on creditboards. People wonder why their "800 score" doesn't make lenders swoon when they don't even realize they are looking at their VantageScore (maxes out at 990) and not their FICO (maxes out at 850).

It only took decades for me to get to 815 (FICO) and 990 (VantageScore), with a perfectly clean record. What is holding my FICO score back is no mortgage, no recent installment loans and no recent auto loans. And I see no reason to borrow money I don't need just to boost a score that is fine where it is.

Also, learn what "bucketing" is with respect to FICO scores now, before you end up puzzled why nothing changed on your reports but your score dropped a bit.
Don't you buy online . I always check for best pricies for same item . I pay with credit card . Than I pay that off at end of month . Wife says we have one account that has debt . but its my daughters as she ruined her credit . Even tho I stepped in and payed off her bad debt . Made her angery because she said they have no way to collect . I was very disappointed with her saying this , and still am . I took care of her business for her.
Anyway buy online out of state save tax money . And payoff at end of month . For me this is easy as my son races and I own the cars , On average it cost about 10,000 a year , Without tires fuel and insurance. When I was young we struggle but always took care of business . Now life is rather easy in respect to money. Not rich but I fixed for life so is my wife. The kids . I just don't know . Public school system hurt them pretty badly
Nemesis 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #40
jagec
Lifer

The biggest ding on my credit score is that I stopped using my oldest (and only for many years) credit card when I got my rewards card...and then the company got bought out and cancelled the card on me. Suddenly my credit history was more than halved. In retrospect I probably should have made small purchases on it every month or so, but it's too late now.

Last edited by jagec; 11-08-2012 at 05:19 PM.
jagec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #41
j&j
Banned

Quote:
to clarify my 821 is a FICO score. it says so on my report
take a picture and post it, jesus christ.
j&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #42
thegimp03
Diamond Member

Lowering your credit utilization by paying off your cards multiple times per month may help you slightly. I haven't tried this myself though.
thegimp03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #43
Nintendesert
Diamond Member

Quote:
If attacking my workspace makes you feel better for getting busted about BSing your credit score on the internet, I am all for it.

Something tells me that not only do 95% plus of ATOTers not have their own office, they most likely don't have a window if they do.

This is based off of previous "share your workspace" threads, as well as the "what do you do for a living" threads.

I can tell you for certain that the ATOTers with the 760+ FICO scores are most likely not posting about them.

Much like the ATOTers who make the most annually are not the ones claiming they do on a message board.

As to one of the comments above, most car dealers do not use the Fair Issac model for risk. Mortgages use two Fair Issacs and a BEACON and take the middle score.

You sound jelly.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #44
MrScott81
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&j View Post
take a picture and post it, jesus christ.
This.

Seriously though, this topic is dumb. If you're REALLY concerned about improving your supposed 821 credit score, then you must not understand credit very much. 821 will get you the best rate possible, no matter where you are trying to get approved. 850 doesn't get you some magical super secret 850-only rate.
MrScott81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #45
OCGuy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegimp03 View Post
Lowering your credit utilization by paying off your cards multiple times per month may help you slightly. I haven't tried this myself though.
The bureaus have no idea if you pay your card off several times per month.

Each creditor reports to the bureaus once per month with your limit, balance, and if you are 30+ days late or not.

If you charge $100 on your credit card at the beggining of the reporting cycle and then pay it off before the end, all that Equifax, Transunion, and Experian see is a zero balance.

If you charge $100 two days before the reporting to the bureau, and pay it off six days later, you may have paid it off before you were hit with interest, but the bureaus still saw a $100 balance.

Point being, they have no idea if you charged your card 300 times and paid it off in a reporting cycle, they only know the balance that is reported to them once per month.

"Credit utilization" means the percentage of your balances versus your limits. Not how many times you use your card per month.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #46
jagec
Lifer

Quote:
Come, now, everything else that you've said is spot-on, but getting above a 760 FICO really isn't hard. Cracking 800, now, that's a bit harder.
jagec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #47
SagaLore
Elite Member

can you cosign a loan for me
SagaLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #48
thegimp03
Diamond Member

Quote:
The bureaus have no idea if you pay your card off several times per month.

Each creditor reports to the bureaus once per month with your limit, balance, and if you are 30+ days late or not.

If you charge $100 on your credit card at the beggining of the reporting cycle and then pay it off before the end, all that Equifax, Transunion, and Experian see is a zero balance.

If you charge $100 two days before the reporting to the bureau, and pay it off six days later, you may have paid it off before you were hit with interest, but the bureaus still saw a $100 balance.

Point being, they have no idea if you charged your card 300 times and paid it off in a reporting cycle, they only know the balance that is reported to them once per month.

"Credit utilization" means the percentage of your balances versus your limits. Not how many times you use your card per month.
Oh, I know what credit utilization means, I wasn't saying that it relates to how many times you use your card per month.
thegimp03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #49
Zebo
Elite Member

Quote:

The 4 drawers in my cabinet could all look like the one that is open below. (only lets you open 1 at a time), and they could total 150+ mortgage loans that I am responsible for closing within 30 days with minimal hiccups.

You'll never know.

That aint sayin much where most ppl live above their means. I have one friend a pharmacist who built a pool and bunch of other shit in costa mesa and declared bankruptcy. Another lives in a 3m dollar home in laguna niguel with his wife and 5 kids and hasnt paid in 3 years cause he said it was a business decision cause the place is only worth 1.4 now.

Cheap is more expensive.
Zebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #50
RelaxTheMind
Platinum Member

Quote:
27 yrs old, not lying

I don't understand how the average american can be in the 500-600 range
you would be surprised at how many people that go to college/or planning on, that have the belief that they are going to be making multiple 6 figures when they graduate.