Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Social > Politics and News

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Home and Garden
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2014
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
ichy
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,932
Default The Republican butthurt, it's so delicious

The funny thing is that I'm not a huge Obama fan but the far-right wing hatred for him is so hilariously idiotic that I can't help but savor it. I saw this gem recently on another forum:

http://208.84.116.223/forums/index.p...pic=36825&st=0

Quote:
I watched my country die last night. Last night we became a unitary party state, where the Democrat party through bread, and circuses will never again be out of power. Where the takers outnumber to makers. Where we had a socialist muslim anti-american re-elected as President in order to make us into the Democrat parties version of a Euro-socialist utopia. Based on what happened, I predict we will never have another election where the Democrats are out of control and power. I foresee gun control, further destruction of the middle class until we are a two class society, or at best an ever struggling middle class desperate to stay afloat in a sea of eaters. I see civil liberties destroyed on the altar of political correctness, the law being used to crush citizens until we become subjects. The United States was a great country, until last night when it died, unmourned, unlamented by the fucks in the MSM who gleefully helped kill it. I forsee the Federal law enforcement becoming an element of repression and eventually a new KGB.

I am going to pray and hope that Texas at least has a referendum and votes to seceed from this nation, which is no longer one I recognize. I weep for the old US, it is no more. Welcome to the new People's Republic of Amerikkka.
I love it!
__________________
“Our belief is not a belief. Our principles are not a faith. We do not rely soley upon science and reason, because these are necessary rather than sufficient factors, but we distrust anything that contradicts science or outrages reason. We may differ on many things, but what we respect is free inquiry, openmindedness, and the pursuit of ideas for their own sake.”
-Christopher Hitchens
ichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
ch33zw1z
Lifer
 
ch33zw1z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ten Forward
Posts: 13,246
Default

shit, anyone paying attention can see the destruction of the middle class, more takers than givers, and our liberties deteriorating. Fuck the two party system, they buy their sheep outfits at the same retailers.
__________________
Heatware

ch33zw1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
KB
Diamond Member
 
KB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,269
Default

It is amusing. The dems were saying the same stuff when Bush was re-elected. Many dems in 2004 and repubs in 2012 said they would flee to Canada if their party didn't win, but sadly they never did.

Ultimately very little will change. Dems can't pass much since the house is still in Republican control. Plus we are still stuck with only two parties and they both want to kick the can down the road, hoping future generations will fix the problems they cannot.
KB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
Phokus
Lifer
 
Phokus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 21,117
Default

I wish Andrew Breitbart were alive to witness obama's re-election just so i could drink his tears in.
__________________
"No muslims, no athiests, no gays"-Spidey07
"600 bucks to curb stomp a liberal? SO worth it."-Spidey07
"The problem is if you follow typical liberal logic on sex rape shouldn't be a big deal. If sex isn't a big deal why is rape?"-nehalem256
Why racists vote Republican
ATPN has become such a shithole, conservatives even advocate for genocide.
Phokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
Phokus
Lifer
 
Phokus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 21,117
Default

__________________
"No muslims, no athiests, no gays"-Spidey07
"600 bucks to curb stomp a liberal? SO worth it."-Spidey07
"The problem is if you follow typical liberal logic on sex rape shouldn't be a big deal. If sex isn't a big deal why is rape?"-nehalem256
Why racists vote Republican
ATPN has become such a shithole, conservatives even advocate for genocide.
Phokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
ichy
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB View Post
It is amusing. The dems were saying the same stuff when Bush was re-elected. Many dems in 2004 and repubs in 2012 said they would flee to Canada if their party didn't win, but sadly they never did.

Ultimately very little will change. Dems can't pass much since the house is still in Republican control. Plus we are still stuck with only two parties and they both want to kick the can down the road, hoping future generations will fix the problems they cannot.
My hope (and it's probably a naive one) is that establishment Republicans will face reality, tell Grover Norquist to go fuck himself and accept some tax increases in exchange for real changes to entitlement programs that prevent them from bankrupting our country. Erskine Bowles for Treasury Secretary!
__________________
“Our belief is not a belief. Our principles are not a faith. We do not rely soley upon science and reason, because these are necessary rather than sufficient factors, but we distrust anything that contradicts science or outrages reason. We may differ on many things, but what we respect is free inquiry, openmindedness, and the pursuit of ideas for their own sake.”
-Christopher Hitchens
ichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
Phokus
Lifer
 
Phokus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 21,117
Default

More GOP tears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF7C-kZy6co
__________________
"No muslims, no athiests, no gays"-Spidey07
"600 bucks to curb stomp a liberal? SO worth it."-Spidey07
"The problem is if you follow typical liberal logic on sex rape shouldn't be a big deal. If sex isn't a big deal why is rape?"-nehalem256
Why racists vote Republican
ATPN has become such a shithole, conservatives even advocate for genocide.
Phokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
Thump553
Diamond Member
 
Thump553's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 9,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB View Post
It is amusing. The dems were saying the same stuff when Bush was re-elected. Many dems in 2004 and repubs in 2012 said they would flee to Canada if their party didn't win, but sadly they never did.

Ultimately very little will change. Dems can't pass much since the house is still in Republican control. Plus we are still stuck with only two parties and they both want to kick the can down the road, hoping future generations will fix the problems they cannot.
OTOH look at how much lasting damage GWB was able to cause to this country, especially in his first term. A Romney presidency would have been a continuation of GWB-something I think would have set us on an irreversible trend downwards. Hopefully Obama continues to do the heavy lifting necessary to get us on the right track.
Thump553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
Phokus
Lifer
 
Phokus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 21,117
Default



LMAO
__________________
"No muslims, no athiests, no gays"-Spidey07
"600 bucks to curb stomp a liberal? SO worth it."-Spidey07
"The problem is if you follow typical liberal logic on sex rape shouldn't be a big deal. If sex isn't a big deal why is rape?"-nehalem256
Why racists vote Republican
ATPN has become such a shithole, conservatives even advocate for genocide.
Phokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
bignateyk
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 11,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB View Post
It is amusing. The dems were saying the same stuff when Bush was re-elected. Many dems in 2004 and repubs in 2012 said they would flee to Canada if their party didn't win, but sadly they never did.

.
The difference is that philosophically it actually makes sense for a democrat to flee to Canada. It makes you look like an idiot if you say that as a republican.
bignateyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
MomentsofSanity
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 3,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB View Post
It is amusing. The dems were saying the same stuff when Bush was re-elected. Many dems in 2004 and repubs in 2012 said they would flee to Canada if their party didn't win, but sadly they never did.

Ultimately very little will change. Dems can't pass much since the house is still in Republican control. Plus we are still stuck with only two parties and they both want to kick the can down the road, hoping future generations will fix the problems they cannot.
Yes but there's far more humor in Republicans saying they want to flee to the socialist utopia of Canada.
MomentsofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #12
mizzou
Diamond Member
 
mizzou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,142
Default

I would be upset too if my used car salesman of a candidate didn't get elected
mizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #13
ichy
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,932
Default

I'm also well aware that within a few weeks I'm going to start gritting my teeth in frustration at the stupid shit that Obama and the more liberal Democrats are bound to try to do. I have no illusions that he's a great national leader or that the far left isn't just as awful as the far right. Still, just for a few days I'm going to savor the misery of all the extreme conservative crackpots out there. It feels so goooood.
__________________
“Our belief is not a belief. Our principles are not a faith. We do not rely soley upon science and reason, because these are necessary rather than sufficient factors, but we distrust anything that contradicts science or outrages reason. We may differ on many things, but what we respect is free inquiry, openmindedness, and the pursuit of ideas for their own sake.”
-Christopher Hitchens
ichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #14
tydas
Golden Member
 
tydas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,281
Default

God the right is so stupid..there are so many factors contributing to our down fall...but to them, its the 'food stamp' people taking thier money as the root cause...
tydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #15
shadow9d9
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichy View Post
I'm also well aware that within a few weeks I'm going to start gritting my teeth in frustration at the stupid shit that Obama and the more liberal Democrats are bound to try to do. I have no illusions that he's a great national leader or that the far left isn't just as awful as the far right. Still, just for a few days I'm going to savor the misery of all the extreme conservative crackpots out there. It feels so goooood.
There isn't even a left in this country, let alone a far left.
shadow9d9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
Incorruptible
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
I wish Andrew Breitbart were alive to witness obama's re-election just so i could drink his tears in.
Andrew Breitbart is dead, Show some respect to the man
Incorruptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #17
WhipperSnapper
Lifer
 
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
Andrew Breitbart is dead, Show some respect to the man
Perhaps some people think he should R.I.P.---Rot In Pieces rather than Rest In Peace.
WhipperSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #18
Siddhartha
Lifer
 
Siddhartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 12,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump553 View Post
OTOH look at how much lasting damage GWB was able to cause to this country, especially in his first term. A Romney presidency would have been a continuation of GWB-something I think would have set us on an irreversible trend downwards. Hopefully Obama continues to do the heavy lifting necessary to get us on the right track.
Pretty much this. Mr Bush's two wars, huge tax cuts, and high defense spending have gotten the country in its current situation. Mr Romney's agenda was to continue Mr Bush policies.

The people who say that anyone who voted for Mr Obama wants free stuff are the same people who want to invade Iran and increase defense spending by 2 trillion dollars.
__________________
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

The US Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776
Siddhartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #19
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
LMAO!! Posting on my FB to 5000 progressive friends.

The most hilarious thing is all the Rightwing billionaires who flushed their dirty money down the toilet! HAHAHAHAHAHA
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #20
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Perhaps some people think he should R.I.P.---Rot In Pieces rather than Rest In Peace.
Good riddance I say, one less Rightwing hate merchant but MANY more to go.
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #21
Doppel
Lifer
 
Doppel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,313
Default

Too much Fox rots the brain, it's a scientifically proven fact.
Doppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #22
openwheel
Golden Member
 
openwheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,283
Default

Too many hardcore neo-conservatives in this country. Very sad.

Where have all the moderate republicans gone to?
openwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #23
tweaker2
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 4,930
Default

Meeting in the middle is out of the question as far as the Repubs are concerned. They've made this clearer than anything else they've said or done. Their whole existence for the past four years was to get rid of Obama after his first term. All this at the expense of a faster recovery from the disasterous Bush/Cheney era economic meltdown.

If Romney had won, the choke hold on the middle class and the poor would have tightened considerably, them (Romney's pals) knowing that by keeping the middle class and the poor in a worse financial position they will kneel and bow down that much easier when more tax cuts and loopholes for the rich and more corporate welfare are demanded along with big businesses finally getting a free hand toward depressing wages and benefits for even bigger profits and perks.

An informed and well educated middle class that votes for its own best interests is the Corporatists worst enemy. Most things they've done to corrupt our legislators have been aimed at overcoming this obstacle in their quest for higher and ever more higher profit with the resultant increase in power and influence that goes with it.
__________________
"Every time you think you weaken the nation." - Moe Howard as spoken to Curly Howard.
tweaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #24
blankslate
Diamond Member
 
blankslate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Never caught dead in the South
Posts: 5,295
Default



This one made me laugh a little...
__________________
"Using the bible to support your opinion is like using a Krispy Kreme menu to pass a Biology test. " ~ Random Youtube commentor

Dropkick Murphys - Workers Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfGTDyjVSE
blankslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #25
HomerJS
Diamond Member
 
HomerJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
Andrew Breitbart is dead, Show some respect to the man
Can we dig him up so he can see it?

Showing just as much respect as he had for others.
HomerJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.