· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
dalearyous

Default Halo 4 - wtf is going on? crazy typos and text all over screen ... nothing works

basically nothing is working. i cannot start a mission, i cannot install the multiplayer disc. all the menus are f'd up and have different problems and errors everytime i reload them. what is going on?

(if you didn't notice ... all the text is wrong in the pictures. also, after i watch the open cinematic it goes back to the main menu. thats it.)
dalearyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
Geosurface
Banned

Lame. Tell us about your XBox model, age, etc.
Geosurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
dalearyous

i do not think it is the xbox. the model is, i want to say jasper.

i will admit that it has sat for a very long time ... maybe almost a year without getting played. other than that everything with console seems to be fine. the updates worked just fine, netflix works just fine, all other xbox live gold features seem fine.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
Geosurface
Banned

Maybe a bad copy of the disc?

Got a friend you could borrow the disc from to test that hypothesis?

Also, have you tried installing the game to your XBox harddrive? I did that. I never had the glitches though.
Geosurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #5
Sulaco
Platinum Member

Where did you purchase it?

Almost any B&M store should have no problem swapping the same game for another copy.
Sulaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
Atty
Golden Member

Bad copy or bad disk read. Swap copy if you can.

Since Microsoft publishes the game I would just call them, either they'll fix the Xbox or replace the game.
Atty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
dalearyous

so my xbox has like 256mb of built in memory. when i launch the game and choose that as the storage option the menu and everything works fine!

i made sure my hard drive was in securely and it is. so i have to assume my hard drive is bad? corrupt? should i try formatting the drive? if it is dead, whats the easiest fix/replacement?

*edit*
i transfered my profiles to the flash memory but doing so it error'd about 20 times before i got it to go. the one profile it did not transfer was my new one i created ... which sucks. is this retrieval able?

**edit**
can i slap any laptop hard drive in there and just format it? if not, can i hook up an external hard drive and use that? ... sorry been out of the xbox world for a while. my pc and hacked ps3 spoiled me

Last edited by dalearyous; 11-08-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
dlock13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalearyous View Post
so my xbox has like 256mb of built in memory. when i launch the game and choose that as the storage option the menu and everything works fine!

i made sure my hard drive was in securely and it is. so i have to assume my hard drive is bad? corrupt? should i try formatting the drive? if it is dead, whats the easiest fix/replacement?

*edit*
i transfered my profiles to the flash memory but doing so it error'd about 20 times before i got it to go. the one profile it did not transfer was my new one i created ... which sucks. is this retrieval able?

**edit**
can i slap any laptop hard drive in there and just format it? if not, can i hook up an external hard drive and use that? ... sorry been out of the xbox world for a while. my pc and hacked ps3 spoiled me
No to both hard drive questions. You'll have to buy a new MS certified Xbox HDD. If it's a Jasper model, I'm not sure how much those drives are going for. Since they've been gone for a while, it might be more cost effective for you to get the newest box and try and transfer everything to that.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
cmdrdredd
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalearyous View Post

*edit*

**edit**
You can connect an external HDD but USB 2.0 is a bit slowish so don't expect the load times to mirror the internal HDD when you install game data to it.

Try deleting all your Halo 4 info from the system and installing the game files again.
cmdrdredd is offline   Reply With Quote