Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Social > Politics and News

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals
· Free Stuff
· Contests and Sweepstakes
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #51
ivwshane
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgtxdi View Post
California's rising standards of living and outstanding public schools and universities once attracted millions seeking upward economic mobility. But then something went radically wrong as California legislatures and governors built a welfare state on high tax rates, liberal entitlement benefits, and excessive regulation. The results, though predictable, are nonetheless striking. From the mid-1980s to 2005, California's population grew by 10 million, while Medicaid recipients soared by seven million; tax filers paying income taxes rose by just 150,000; and the prison population swelled by 115,000.

California's economy, which used to outperform the rest of the country, now substantially underperforms. The unemployment rate, at 10.9%, is higher than every other state except Nevada and Rhode Island. With 12% of America's population, California has one third of the nation's welfare recipients.
Check your history again, part of the decline was due to Reagan's policies, including deregulation and gutting of their great school system. But hey, you got your talking point out and I doubt anyone will call you on your BS.
__________________
System Specs
ivwshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #52
redgtxdi
Diamond Member
 
redgtxdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwshane View Post
Check your history again, part of the decline was due to Reagan's policies, including deregulation and gutting of their great school system. But hey, you got your talking point out and I doubt anyone will call you on your BS.
Sorry bud. Take your beef up with WSJ.

BTW, you totally missed the point. So I'll narrow it down for ya so it's easier to read.

From the mid-1980s to 2005, California's population grew by 10 million, while Medicaid recipients soared by seven million; tax filers paying income taxes rose by just 150,000; and the prison population swelled by 115,000.

redgtxdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #53
DucatiMonster696
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwshane View Post
Check your history again, part of the decline was due to Reagan's policies, including deregulation and gutting of their great school system. But hey, you got your talking point out and I doubt anyone will call you on your BS.
Well considering that Democrats outlasted Reagan and had 30+ years to change what you believe is the problem but haven't it seems your analysis is biased and based on your political leanings and views on/against Reagan.

In addition in the past 20+ years the state has been basically dominated by Democrats in the state's legislators house and locally in many regions. Even as I speak the GOP have lost all power in the state to block any tax initiatives in Sacramento as of yesterday. Prior to that they had lost the ability to fight against budgets put out by Democrats in the state. In fact the last budget based on bullshit projections and signed off by Jerry Brown was pushed solely by Democrats with not a single Republican vote.

So right now all the shit that will pass economically in CA will be solely and only as result of Democrat policies and nothing else in California. They are in complete control in Sacramento.

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/artic...re-4015861.php
__________________
"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself."
- Benjamin Franklin
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."
- Winston Churchill

Last edited by DucatiMonster696; 11-07-2012 at 09:01 PM.
DucatiMonster696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #54
theevilsharpie
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgtxdi View Post
California's economy, which used to outperform the rest of the country, now substantially underperforms.
o rly
theevilsharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #55
DucatiMonster696
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwshane View Post
That's because illegal immigrants aren't taking over the US.
We didn't have a massive influx of legal immigrants we had a massive influx of illegal immigrants who as soon as they pop a baby out they end up being "legal". It's just that you don't want to or refuse to acknowledge how they are working and gaming the system.
__________________
"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself."
- Benjamin Franklin
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."
- Winston Churchill
DucatiMonster696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #56
ivwshane
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgtxdi View Post
Sorry bud. Take your beef up with WSJ.

BTW, you totally missed the point. So I'll narrow it down for ya so it's easier to read.

From the mid-1980s to 2005, California's population grew by 10 million, while Medicaid recipients soared by seven million; tax filers paying income taxes rose by just 150,000; and the prison population swelled by 115,000.

Hmm I wonder which party favors tax cuts and policies that increase the incarceration rate? How well do you think the opposing party fairs when saying they will raise taxes and make it harder to go to jail? Just because a party has control doesn't mean that's all there is to the story.

California may be deep blue now but it wasn't always, we are just getting tired of all the republican crap. So yes in the up coming years with a complete democrat control we shall see how things go.
__________________
System Specs
ivwshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #57
finglobes
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 451
Default

There will be a civil war in US before long. You have radicals and a parasitical class they cultivate to vote in order to gain access to the treasury. That's the main thrust of minority voting. They really don't care about the Constitution at all except that it can be used as an excuse to conceal a low grade power grab as a high minded function. We are also going to get hit hard with terrorism of some kind when the ME blows up. America will undergo a cull that will include many urban dwellers. Long range predictions are folly and the Dems and their anti-white clients make them all the time. Michael Barone wrote one piece recently to show overgrowing the GOP is not such a slam dunk.

Changing Demographics Won't Mean the End of Republican Party
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ty_115941.html
finglobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #58
Wreckem
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiMonster696 View Post
We didn't have a massive influx of legal immigrants we had a massive influx of illegal immigrants who as soon as they pop a baby out they end up being "legal". It's just that you don't want to or refuse to acknowledge how they are working and gaming the system.
What do you mean by legal?

They are technically not legal. Parents can't piggy back permanent resident status off their children who are US citizens until the children are 21. They are still technically illegal and cannot legally work in the US. They just are unlikely to be deported. The only benefits they get are those legally granted to their US citizen child.
Wreckem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #59
Jhhnn
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Denver Co
Posts: 20,691
Default

The part of it all that some people want to forget is that Latinos lived in the Southwest- Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California & parts of Colorado- long before the White man showed up. They were also widely discriminated against- Jim Crow wasn't just for black people.

Their claim to this country is actually older than that of White people, their language & culture preserved throughout the region. The culture of white protestant America was simply imposed over the top of their own.

It has meant that new Spanish speaking immigrants haven't been under the same pressures to assimilate as other groups. New immigrants have rather served to invigorate the community, breathe new life into it, restore it in many ways.

If they wanted to be Mexicans, they'd have stayed in Mexico, but they don't- they want to be Americans, and they are. Just as preceding waves of immigrants changed this country, they will too. They just blend in a little more slowly than some, add a little more of their own flavor to the mix. For the time being, they slot in where immigrants have traditionally done so- at the bottom. It's not like they want to be the underclass, either- nobody does. So the degree to which they're accepted will very much determine how well and how soon they become full members of our society.

Their large families really are an expression of faith in this country & in the future, just as were the large families of Irish & Italian immigrants before them.
Jhhnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #60
Geosurface
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,778
Default

I think our immigration policy and entire posture toward the future and our expectations for where the world will be in say, 500 years, are all predicated on the idea that all populations produce the various types of people (genius, criminal, average, docile, violent, etc etc) at the same rate, in the same percentages.

I think a proper understanding of natural selection, the history of various populations, the selection pressures they did or did not face, and an unflinching willingness to accept the implications of those things, rather than bury one's head in the sand of political correctness to avoid unpleasant realities... gives one some very good reasons to doubt that that assumption is accurate.

If it isn't, current immigration policy, aid to the third world, white-guilt fueled handing over of the reigns of western civilization, will all result in a collapse of that civilization.

To make it simpler, I think there's reason to believe that the groups which founded the civilization and developed the technologies which made the modern world what it is, may be the only groups which can SUSTAIN that same technology and civilization. An agricultural history selected for the necessary traits.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, and if I am... then that is fantastic. Nothing would please me more than to be wrong about this.
__________________
"bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led... - Thomas Jefferson
Geosurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #61
Jhhnn
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Denver Co
Posts: 20,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgtxdi View Post
With 12% of America's population, California has one third of the nation's welfare recipients.
Incorrect. Per capita, California ranks below DC, Rhode Island & Tennessee, slightly above Maine-

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco...nts-per-capita
Jhhnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #62
zinfamous
No Lifer
 
zinfamous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 60,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senttoschool View Post
We have a ton of Latinos, particularly from Mexico, in this country. I don't want to stereotype but they make a lot of babies - much more than Asians and whites. So between legal immigration, illegal immigration, and reproducing, it's the fastest growing demographic in the U.S.

Do you think that the U.S. will just turn into Mexico 50 years from now? 100 years?

This is a concern to me because it's a threat to my own personal lifestyle. I find that in general, Latino eccentric areas of a city are a bit dirtier, more dangerous, lower income, less educated. Of course there are exceptions, no doubt, but this is from what I observed.

Asking as a legit question. I'm an immigrant myself(legally) and I'm a tax payer.
I'm sure you meant to say centric...


but, no. The demographics are certainly going to change in 50 years, but to think that whitebread WASP America will not continue on as it usually does is crazy.

More than anything, the general phenotype of the human population, as a whole, will likely skew towards the brown hue several hundred years from now.
__________________
PAB: My dad blew a tranny. I've been asked to see if I can get one replaced free.
brianmanahan: zinfamous is such a fool
he's known as AT:OT's tool
mentally he's such a klutz
his head is made of 50 butts
zinfamous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #63
Pneumothorax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
The part of it all that some people want to forget is that Latinos lived in the Southwest- Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California & parts of Colorado- long before the White man showed up. They were also widely discriminated against- Jim Crow wasn't just for black people.

Their claim to this country is actually older than that of White people, their language & culture preserved throughout the region. The culture of white protestant America was simply imposed over the top of their own.

It has meant that new Spanish speaking immigrants haven't been under the same pressures to assimilate as other groups. New immigrants have rather served to invigorate the community, breathe new life into it, restore it in many ways.

If they wanted to be Mexicans, they'd have stayed in Mexico, but they don't- they want to be Americans, and they are. Just as preceding waves of immigrants changed this country, they will too. They just blend in a little more slowly than some, add a little more of their own flavor to the mix. For the time being, they slot in where immigrants have traditionally done so- at the bottom. It's not like they want to be the underclass, either- nobody does. So the degree to which they're accepted will very much determine how well and how soon they become full members of our society.

Their large families really are an expression of faith in this country & in the future, just as were the large families of Irish & Italian immigrants before them.
That's nice and all, but besides introducing new food choices, the current influx of hispanic immigrants have done nothing to advice science like the German, Chinese and Jewish immigrants have done in the past. Their culture also doesn't really push for education, just look at the wonderful graduation rate of LA, CA. Also, the immigrants from the 19th and early 20th centuries came from countries that are mostly 1st world today, whilst the pretty much all the Spanish speaking countries are shitholes.
__________________
Heatware

Last edited by Pneumothorax; 11-07-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Pneumothorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #64
feralkid
Diamond Member
 
feralkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Live long and bite me.
Posts: 9,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosurface View Post
I think our immigration policy and entire posture toward the future and our expectations for where the world will be in say, 500 years, are all predicated on the idea that all populations produce the various types of people (genius, criminal, average, docile, violent, etc etc) at the same rate, in the same percentages.

I think a proper understanding of natural selection, the history of various populations, the selection pressures they did or did not face, and an unflinching willingness to accept the implications of those things, rather than bury one's head in the sand of political correctness to avoid unpleasant realities... gives one some very good reasons to doubt that that assumption is accurate.

If it isn't, current immigration policy, aid to the third world, white-guilt fueled handing over of the reigns of western civilization, will all result in a collapse of that civilization.

To make it simpler, I think there's reason to believe that the groups which founded the civilization and developed the technologies which made the modern world what it is, may be the only groups which can SUSTAIN that same technology and civilization. An agricultural history selected for the necessary traits.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, and if I am... then that is fantastic. Nothing would please me more than to be wrong about this.
Juvenile paranoid leanings FTL.

Hopefully you'll grow up son\me day.



Wow!
feralkid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #65
Geosurface
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralkid View Post
Juvenile paranoid leanings FTL.

Hopefully you'll grow up son\me day.



Wow!
Well actually, I spent 31 of my 32 years being a complete racial egalitarian and self-described "hard left liberal", voted Gore, Kerry, Obama. My primary complaint about Obama was he wasn't liberal enough, and the public option was necessary, that Obamacare was a lame shell of what it should've been.

It's only been in the last year that I have changed my tune on some of this stuff.

From my perspective, that was what constituted "growing up"

Generally, growing up coincides with the harsher truths, the shit we'd rather not be true, but is. The stuff that has some nasty, nasty implications.

Rather than growing up meaning you start to realize how really the world is a big fairy tale and everyone's exactly equal and none of the demographic shifts hold ANY sort of threat to civilization or women's rights or gay rights at all! (I feel those two things in particular are heavily threatened, for instance, in Europe by Muslim influx)
__________________
"bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led... - Thomas Jefferson
Geosurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #66
Jhhnn
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Denver Co
Posts: 20,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosurface View Post
I think our immigration policy and entire posture toward the future and our expectations for where the world will be in say, 500 years, are all predicated on the idea that all populations produce the various types of people (genius, criminal, average, docile, violent, etc etc) at the same rate, in the same percentages.

I think a proper understanding of natural selection, the history of various populations, the selection pressures they did or did not face, and an unflinching willingness to accept the implications of those things, rather than bury one's head in the sand of political correctness to avoid unpleasant realities... gives one some very good reasons to doubt that that assumption is accurate.

If it isn't, current immigration policy, aid to the third world, white-guilt fueled handing over of the reigns of western civilization, will all result in a collapse of that civilization.

To make it simpler, I think there's reason to believe that the groups which founded the civilization and developed the technologies which made the modern world what it is, may be the only groups which can SUSTAIN that same technology and civilization. An agricultural history selected for the necessary traits.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, and if I am... then that is fantastic. Nothing would please me more than to be wrong about this.
You mistake the ebb & flow of various cultures & civilizations for some sort of racial superiority, when there is none. Chinese civilization, for example, rose & declined many times before Europeans moved up from mud huts. The same can be said for Mesopotamia & India.
Jhhnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #67
Geosurface
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pneumothorax View Post
That's nice and all, but besides introducing new food choices, the current influx of hispanic immigrants have done nothing to advice science like the German, Chinese and Jewish immigrants have done in the past. Their culture also doesn't really push for education, just look at the wonderful graduation rate of LA, CA. Also, the immigrants from the 19th and early 20th centuries came from countries that are mostly 1st world today, whilst the pretty much all the Spanish speaking countries are shitholes.
True, unfortunately.

An honest look at the world today shows pretty strong indications that only east Asians and Caucasians create and sustain high level technological civilization. There are good explanations for why that might be the case to be found in the natural selection history of those groups vs. others.

Others prefer to say it's just a cultural thing. Sounds like you might be in that camp.

I hope it is. That would be much more encouraging.

I fear the culture is a reflection of the biology, though. Again, hope I'm wrong.
__________________
"bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led... - Thomas Jefferson
Geosurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #68
Geosurface
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
You mistake the ebb & flow of various cultures & civilizations for some sort of racial superiority, when there is none. Chinese civilization, for example, rose & declined many times before Europeans moved up from mud huts. The same can be said for Mesopotamia & India.
I hope I am making the mistake you say I'm making.

Why do you think that sub-Saharan Africans, who have existed as a group longer than any other... have never produced a civilization worthy of the title?

Or invented a wheel or two story building prior to any outside influence?

Do you deny that colder climates have different (greater) selection pressures than temperate ones?
__________________
"bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led... - Thomas Jefferson
Geosurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #69
Pneumothorax
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosurface View Post
True, unfortunately.

An honest look at the world today shows pretty strong indications that only east Asians and Caucasians create and sustain high level technological civilization. There are good explanations for why that might be the case to be found in the natural selection history of those groups vs. others.

Others prefer to say it's just a cultural thing. Sounds like you might be in that camp.

I hope it is. That would be much more encouraging.

I fear the culture is a reflection of the biology, though. Again, hope I'm wrong.
One of the discussion that I and some of my fellow Filipino's have had in the past is why have all the ex-Spanish colonies basically stayed/degraded into 3rd world countries, whilst the British have made many successful ones (Yes, I know they also left many American/African colony failures) Is it the location of the colonies? Climate? So even though I'm depressed about yesterday, maybe the silver lining is that the Hispanics who are now in a temperate climate will now do better?
__________________
Heatware
Pneumothorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #70
Geosurface
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pneumothorax View Post
One of the discussion that I and some of my fellow Filipino's have had in the past is why have all the ex-Spanish colonies basically stayed/degraded into 3rd world countries, whilst the British have made many successful ones (Yes, I know they also left many American/African colony failures) Is is the location of the colonies? Climate?
I'm sure it's a combination of several factors. I believe inherent limitations which some groups have that others do not are very likely one of those factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pneumothorax View Post
maybe the silver lining is that the Hispanics who are now in a temperate climate will now do better?
Only if you grant tens of thousands of years or at least thousands of years for natural selection to select for the same behavioral traits it selected for in Europe and Asia.

Unfortunately we don't have thousands of years to wait for that, and natural selection doesn't work when everyone is allowed to breed.
__________________
"bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led... - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Geosurface; 11-07-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Geosurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #71
sportage
Diamond Member
 
sportage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,030
Default

Hey kemosabe. Didn't you have that same gripe during that first thanksgiving dinner?
I'd suggest you move out of the bubble and get with the game plan.
America is changing. It's good. It's change.
If anyone are taking over in America, they are also Americans.
So tell me... How do you fear Americans taking over America? Duh...
Do yourself a favor. Get out of the bubble that faux and Rush have created for you.

The reason republicans are today in total shock is that they had created a pretend make believe world for themselves to live in. The bubble.
When the real world and reality kicked in, yes republicans were in total disbelief.
Why was that??? I have no answer. I asking YOU.

Do yourself a favor and realize Rush and faux news never had your best interests at heart.
They only wanted ratings and riches, at your expense. And they made you believe in noting related to reality. It was all for ratings and riches.
You, my friend, are their fool. And they truly love that power over you.
And just like GW once tried to say, it's not nice to be anyone's fool.
sportage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #72
DucatiMonster696
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
The part of it all that some people want to forget is that Latinos lived in the Southwest- Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California & parts of Colorado- long before the White man showed up. They were also widely discriminated against- Jim Crow wasn't just for black people.

Their claim to this country is actually older than that of White people, their language & culture preserved throughout the region. The culture of white protestant America was simply imposed over the top of their own.

It has meant that new Spanish speaking immigrants haven't been under the same pressures to assimilate as other groups. New immigrants have rather served to invigorate the community, breathe new life into it, restore it in many ways.

If they wanted to be Mexicans, they'd have stayed in Mexico, but they don't- they want to be Americans, and they are. Just as preceding waves of immigrants changed this country, they will too. They just blend in a little more slowly than some, add a little more of their own flavor to the mix. For the time being, they slot in where immigrants have traditionally done so- at the bottom. It's not like they want to be the underclass, either- nobody does. So the degree to which they're accepted will very much determine how well and how soon they become full members of our society.

Their large families really are an expression of faith in this country & in the future, just as were the large families of Irish & Italian immigrants before them.
Many latinos are white, aka of European descent. The term Latino is a term for a collection of ethnicities not a race unto itself. In addition the Southwest only came under the single control of the Spanish when they conquered those areas and the natives were either killed off or converted to Christianity and intermingled with the Spaniards. After Mexico gained its independence those areas feel under their control as Spain lost its holding in the new world. Lastly real native Mexicans with actual native strong heritage that is not muddled by inter-mingling with Europeans, Africans, etc do not consider themselves Latino.

Last but not least many illegal immigrants who are Mexicans who come here don't want to be US citizens they come here for jobs which enables them to send money back to Mexico and to take advantage of any benefits they can get.
__________________
"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself."
- Benjamin Franklin
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."
- Winston Churchill

Last edited by DucatiMonster696; 11-07-2012 at 10:54 PM.
DucatiMonster696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #73
Svnla
Diamond Member
 
Svnla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Southerner 4ever!!!
Posts: 9,954
Default

Ok, folks, let try it one more time.

LEGAL immigrants =! ILLEGALS border jumpers/law breakers.

Big different.
__________________
Rules to live by: 1) Forgive is for suckers, payback w/ extreme prejudice plus interest. 2) Golden Rule = Treat others as others treat you, don't take craps from anyone.
3) Relentless pursuit of a more perfect perfection. 4) I ain't looking for trouble, but if trouble comes knocking, I will be ready, willing, and able for some rocking.
Svnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #74
redgtxdi
Diamond Member
 
redgtxdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
Incorrect. Per capita, California ranks below DC, Rhode Island & Tennessee, slightly above Maine-

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco...nts-per-capita
Incorrect. Do the math again. This time, don't forget to execute comprehension of the grammatical in the original statement. Not per capita.......per "whole friggin country"!!
redgtxdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #75
ivwshane
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgtxdi View Post
Incorrect. Do the math again. This time, don't forget to execute comprehension of the grammatical in the original statement. Not per capita.......per "whole friggin country"!!
Well no shit! They also have the largest population.
__________________
System Specs
ivwshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.