· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #51
skriefal
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioTruth View Post
I made a website for all the skeptics! HiFi Justice! http://www.coconut-audio.com/hifijustice/index.html
So your site is decrying the 1000% markup on cables -- yet you're marketing a power cable that is almost certainly marked up more than 10000%?
Old 11-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #52
AudioTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post
So your site is decrying the 1000% markup on cables -- yet you're marketing a power cable that is almost certainly marked up more than 10000%?
I have it marked up at 1000%, but selling for 1/10th of the price. So I don't make any overall profits during the future 50 years. After 50 years, I should have got the money back that I invested.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #53
sdifox
No Lifer

Patrick you should face off alky. It will be epic.
http://primaryaccounting.ca
Old 11-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #54
DAGTA
Diamond Member

Have you contacted Bose? They may be interested in marketing your new super-cables.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #55
skriefal
Golden Member

Quote:
I have it marked up at 1000%, but selling for 1/10th of the price. So I don't make any overall profits during the future 50 years. After 50 years, I should have got the money back that I invested.
So you're marketing the cable at $80000, but selling at $8000? And with a projected average build cost of $8000 per cable?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #56
skriefal
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGTA View Post
Have you contacted Bose? They may be interested in marketing your new super-cables.
Nah. Bose would take garden-variety 18-guage (if you're lucky) lamp cord, add Bose labeling to the cable jacket, and proclaim them to be "innovative" and "the only thing that'll give you maximum performance from your Bose speaker system". Then sell them for $100 to the masses who think they're stylin' with their itty-bitty little Bose plastic cubes with 3-inch "full range" tweeter and particle-board fartbox. (Okay, slight exaggeration... but not by much.)

Last edited by skriefal; 11-07-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #57
rommelrommel
Golden Member

Quote:
So basically you not only fail at physics, you fail at math and marketing as well?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #58
AudioTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post
So you're marketing the cable at $80000, but selling at $8000? And with a projected average build cost of $8000 per cable?
Not build cost. Only development and research cost from past tweaking and experimentation. I don't include cost of building materials into the price, I give material for free. It's the crystal formula that costs the most, like a chef that is cooking food.
I have calculated that I get back my investment after 50 years with the prices I have now.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #59
AudioTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
So basically you not only fail at physics, you fail at math and marketing as well?
You don't need to know physics, math or marketing when building cables, you only need the ears.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #60
stormkroe

This thread is epic. I'm sold, I guess my only question is what Thetan level do I have to be at to buy these?
Old 11-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #61
KentState
Diamond Member

Quote:
You don't need to know physics, math or marketing when building cables, you only need the ears.
I wouldn't buy a $500 video card without some benchmarking being applied to validating what it can do. Are you telling me that someone's ear can distinguish the effects of a power cord but not with measuring equipment?
Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #62
uhohs
Diamond Member

patrick's ears are capable of hearing the farts of butterflies.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #63
rommelrommel
Golden Member

Quote:
trolololololol

Maybe that's why you didn't know if your magical power cable made out of god's braided pubic hair could blow the guys tubes or not?

You may want to work on your math and marketing tho if you plan on selling these... 50 year break even point assuming that you can find suckers for the next half century... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentstate View Post
I wouldn't buy a $500 video card without some benchmarking being applied to validating what it can do. Are you telling me that someone's ear can distinguish the effects of a power cord but not with measuring equipment?
That's the entire premise of all the audiofools... that neither testing equipment nor ABx testing nor physics is sufficient to detect the differences between a 20hz-20khz signal.

None of these guys can tell the difference between coathangers and their favorite speaker cable if they can't see which is hooked up to which. How the hell could they distinguish between what the last 3 feet of 120v AC power came through?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #64
AudioTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentState View Post
If the goal of the power cable is to alter the flavor of sound to give eargasms, then it must be designed by ear. Measuring equipment cannot design eargasms, the equipment doesn't know what it is.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #65
blotto

Stop saying eargasm, it's kind of creepy.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #66
AudioTruth

Quote:
trolololololol

Maybe that's why you didn't know if your magical power cable made out of god's braided pubic hair could blow the guys tubes or not?

You may want to work on your math and marketing tho if you plan on selling these... 50 year break even point assuming that you can find suckers for the next half century... lol
The suckers are the ones who don't buy. They miss out on the audio experience of a lifetime. It's sort of like losing your virginity, but better. When I lost my virginity when I was 26 years old, it wasn't a pleasant experience. But with audio cables, it was heaven.

Quote:
That's the entire premise of all the audiofools... that neither testing equipment nor ABx testing nor physics is sufficient to detect the differences between a 20hz-20khz signal.

None of these guys can tell the difference between coathangers and their favorite speaker cable if they can't see which is hooked up to which. How the hell could they distinguish between what the last 3 feet of 120v AC power came through?
That's the magazine reviewers you are talking about. They make themselves believe that the most expensive cable has the best sound. But they are all equal in performance (data), but give different flavors. Some audiophiles will enjoy the coathangers the best, while others enjoy silver or gold. I like copper with crystals.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #67
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
The suckers are the ones who don't buy. They miss out on the audio experience of a lifetime. It's sort of like losing your virginity, but better. When I lost my virginity when I was 26 years old, it wasn't a pleasant experience. But with audio cables, it was heaven.

That's the magazine reviewers you are talking about. They make themselves believe that the most expensive cable has the best sound. But they are all equal in performance (data), but give different flavors. Some audiophiles will enjoy the coathangers the best, while others enjoy silver or gold. I like copper with crystals.
Do you grow your own copper sulphate crystals?
http://primaryaccounting.ca
Old 11-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #68
stormkroe

Quote:

Man you were doing so good, why did you have to overtroll? You just killed my suspension of disbelief. Good run though. You're good at it, you should close this account and open a new one with a new story.

Thanks for the laughs
Old 11-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #69
Phanuel
Golden Member

And this just turned into a L&R thread...
Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #70
AudioTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormkroe View Post
Man you were doing so good, why did you have to overtroll? You just killed my suspension of disbelief. Good run though. You're good at it, you should close this account and open a new one with a new story.

Thanks for the laughs
I never troll. I will show proof. When I get my cables back from reviewer, I will make a youtube video where I open up the box! It will also show that they came delivered from USA.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #71
scootermaster
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormkroe View Post
This thread is epic. I'm sold, I guess my only question is what Thetan level do I have to be at to buy these?
This is why AT needs "reps".

Well done, sir!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #72
vshah
Lifer

Quote:
I made a website for all the skeptics! HiFi Justice! http://www.coconut-audio.com/hifijustice/index.html
oh man, your site is hilarious:

Quote:
Deep Forest is added into the signal path which cleans the sound. It has a spade plug on one end and a binding post on the other end which accepts either spade or banana plugs, or bare wiring. Normally when added plugs into the signal path, it becomes smeared, muddy and thick with less microdetail and clarity. But with our Alien crystals, these negative effects are reversed using 50cm Alien cleaning per plug, which is 1 meter, or half of the cable. The remaining meter is there to reverse the effects of the binding posts in speaker and amp. The end result is that this makes your system sound like the cable was hardwired on both ends.
XBL: the4ner85
Old 11-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #73
KentState
Diamond Member

Another good one:

Quote:
A painted logo will reduce audio quality due to the chemicals in the paint. Stay away from everyone with a logo stamped on their product. These manufacturers don't know what they are doing and only want to spread their brand further.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #74
vshah
Lifer

Lol @ the pictures of that Styrofoam stuff on EVERYTHING
XBL: the4ner85
Old 11-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #75
skriefal
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshah View Post
oh man, your site is hilarious:

Quote:
Deep Forest is added into the signal path which cleans the sound. It has a spade plug on one end and a binding post on the other end which accepts either spade or banana plugs, or bare wiring. Normally when added plugs into the signal path, it becomes smeared, muddy and thick with less microdetail and clarity. But with our Alien crystals, these negative effects are reversed using 50cm Alien cleaning per plug, which is 1 meter, or half of the cable. The remaining meter is there to reverse the effects of the binding posts in speaker and amp. The end result is that this makes your system sound like the cable was hardwired on both ends.
Alien crystals that magically clean a line-level signal? That's almost as bad as Mpingo discs and Shakti Stones.
Closed Thread

Tags
magazine, ransom, scam, stereo, times