Want to build UNRAID server
1. What YOUR PC will be used for. - *UNRAID SERVER*
2. What YOUR budget is. - *$300-400*
3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from. - *USA*
4. IF YOU have a brand preference. *NONE*
5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are. -
*REUSING CASE, MEMORY, WD RED, BLACK, AND SEAGATE BARRACUDA DRIVES*
7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds. - *DEFAULT*
8. What resolution will you be using? - *HEADLESS*
9. WHEN do you plan to build it? - *ASAP*
X. Do you need to purchase any software to go with the system, such as Windows or Blu Ray playback software? - *NO*
Would prefer to buy from amazon unless newegg is significantly cheaper
I currently have the Unraid server running on an old DFI Lanparty UT3 mobo with an Athlon A64 3200 chip, and 1.5GB ram. The problem is two of the 4 on-board SATA heads seem to be dead. I have 6 SATA drives total right now so 4 of those are using a legacy PCI SATA card. I'm thinking maybe some SATA6 ports will help increase the transfer speed.
The only requirement is I want 6 SATA ports on-board to accommodate my drives without needing add-on cards as well as built-in video.
Thanks for your help.