Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Social > Politics and News

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,702
Default ...but its the blacks that are racist.

Phew, they took the words right outta my mouth!

Food Stamp President




Somebody needs to show us blacks how to vote.
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus
SheHateMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Farang
Lifer
 
Farang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Seattle
Posts: 10,922
Default

Funny things is.. that is a unique phrase in that it is positive or negative depending on your race. Like if that is a black guy's twitter it would sound like celebration
__________________
You can push them out of a plane, you can march them off a cliff, you can send 'em off to die on some godforsaken rock, but for some reason you can't slap 'em
Farang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
chucky2
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Chicagoland, IL USA
Posts: 7,687
Default

What do you mean show you how to vote? Did you look at Jesse Jackson Jr.'s numbers? 'You all' know how to vote just fine, that is clearly evident...
__________________
Tyan = No Support
Chuck's K6-3+
chucky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
dank69
Lifer
 
dank69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Corner of FORECLOSURE and BÅNKRUPTCY ST.
Posts: 11,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farang View Post
Funny things is.. that is a unique phrase in that it is positive or negative depending on your race. Like if that is a black guy's twitter it would sound like celebration
Funny how subtle things like context can change the meaning of a word or phrase. Or even a single letter being capitalized. "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse" vs. "I helped my uncle jack off a horse." You'll get the hang of it someday.
__________________
Nemesis 1: Above your age please. The climate is in fact warmer now . Maybe this erection will cool things down mother earth shes hot.

pcgeek11: IMO: Being gay is not a minority. It is a genetic defect

Idontcare: dank69 is hereby permabanned.
dank69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
Jadow
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Upper Midwest - USA
Posts: 5,780
Default

man those people's employers are going to get wind of that, then they'll be outta work, and glad Obama is there to give them food stamps!
Jadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky2 View Post
What do you mean show you how to vote? Did you look at Jesse Jackson Jr.'s numbers? 'You all' know how to vote just fine, that is clearly evident...
"You all" As in every single black person in the US voted for JJjr to be elected.


Classy.

Oh yesa massa, us negroes sholls know hows to vote!
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus

Last edited by SheHateMe; 11-07-2012 at 02:58 PM.
SheHateMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadow View Post
man those people's employers are going to get wind of that, then they'll be outta work, and glad Obama is there to give them food stamps!
Well, most of those posters were from Red States...so, its no surprise they
1) are dumb enough to use their real names/photos
2) can't spell words with more than two syllables
3) trying to collect more welfare.
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus
SheHateMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
chucky2
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Chicagoland, IL USA
Posts: 7,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
"You all" As in every single black person in the US voted for JJjr to be elected.


Classy.

Oh yesa massa, us negroes sholls know hows to vote!
At 90% rates, it's the exact same mentality. But, you knew that, so you're point was, what...?
__________________
Tyan = No Support
Chuck's K6-3+
chucky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky2 View Post
At 90% rates, it's the exact same mentality. But, you knew that, so you're point was, what...?
So, what percentage of White voters voted for him? I wasn't even aware the dude was running for something..but you know, I am black so..I must have voted for him.. where ever we are...we be voting for our homies!

Seriously, you really expect blacks to vote for a party that doesn't care about them? Latinos to vote for a party that doesn't care about them. I didn't see a single black or latino face in Romney's crowd last night. That says so much.
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus
SheHateMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
dank69
Lifer
 
dank69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Corner of FORECLOSURE and BÅNKRUPTCY ST.
Posts: 11,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
...
Seriously, you really expect blacks to vote for a party that doesn't care about them? Latinos to vote for a party that doesn't care about them. I didn't see a single black or latino face in Romney's crowd last night. That says so much.
Chucky and the other conservatives will never understand this mentality. After all, they have been voting against their own best interests their whole lives.
__________________
Nemesis 1: Above your age please. The climate is in fact warmer now . Maybe this erection will cool things down mother earth shes hot.

pcgeek11: IMO: Being gay is not a minority. It is a genetic defect

Idontcare: dank69 is hereby permabanned.
dank69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #11
Incorruptible
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9,536
Default

OP the title is wrong, If over 90% of blacks voted for obama then that is racist

The people who made those racist comments are wrong but they have a right to be angry
Incorruptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
OP the title is wrong, If over 90% of blacks voted for obama then that is racist

The people who made those racist comments are wrong but they have a right to be angry
Why? Because over 90% of them voted for the white guy?
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus
SheHateMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #13
dank69
Lifer
 
dank69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Corner of FORECLOSURE and BÅNKRUPTCY ST.
Posts: 11,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
OP the title is wrong, If over 90% of blacks voted for obama then that is racist

The people who made those racist comments are wrong but they have a right to be angry
If 90% of blacks voted for Al Gore, was that racist?
__________________
Nemesis 1: Above your age please. The climate is in fact warmer now . Maybe this erection will cool things down mother earth shes hot.

pcgeek11: IMO: Being gay is not a minority. It is a genetic defect

Idontcare: dank69 is hereby permabanned.
dank69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #14
Geosurface
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,778
Default

Okay SheHateMe, what percentage of white people do you think feel the way those in the link do?

Do you think if it was a significant percentage, we'd have just elected, then re-elected, a black president while whites are still 70% or more of the population?

That's the thing, with 70%+ of 300 million people, within that very large group you are going to find every fucking imaginable thing. Racist assholes like in the article... serial killers, whatever.

So, I contend it's a small percentage of whites who are thinking and talking like that.

Whereas, I contend the percentage of African Americans who go out of their way to vote for someone of their same race, who view whites and asians and any non-blacks as fundamentally "other" and tell jokes, make insults, etc toward those groups... who view everything in their life, in fact, through prism of race... is much higher.

If I had to spitball it, I'd say 8% of whites MAX are like those in the article, and maybe as much as 70% of blacks are the way I described.

So yes, blacks are the racist ones.
__________________
"bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led... - Thomas Jefferson
Geosurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #15
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosurface View Post
Okay SheHateMe, what percentage of white people do you think feel the way those in the link do?

Do you think if it was a significant percentage, we'd have just elected, then re-elected, a black president while whites are still 70% or more of the population?

That's the thing, with 70%+ of 300 million people, within that very large group you are going to find every fucking imaginable thing. Racist assholes like in the article... serial killers, whatever.

So, I contend it's a small percentage of whites who are thinking and talking like that.

Whereas, I contend the percentage of African Americans who go out of their way to vote for someone of their same race, who view whites and asians and any non-blacks as fundamentally "other" and tell jokes, make insults, etc toward those groups... who view everything in their life, in fact, through prism of race... is much higher.

If I had to spitball it, I'd say 8% of whites MAX are like those in the article, and maybe as much as 70% of blacks are the way I described.

So yes, blacks are the racist ones.
It's just a coincidence that Obama is black. I bet most blacks voted for Al Gore so what is your point? Okay, okay fine...the fact that Obama made history as a black man runnin fo presdent gives him a little more cred with the blacks...but deep down, you all know that blacks always vote Dem..so really..whats the problem?

Just give me a good reason why blacks and latinos would vote Republican?...pleeease do. Over the course of this whole ride, I have never see a black or brown face at any of Romney's shendigs.

Brownies are not welcome in the Republican party and you know it. They just now realized that the Republicans needed the brownies to win last night on Fox News. You don't say!?

Lo siento, I can not vote for party that tells me how worthless, poor, hopeless and brown I am all the time and then promises to give me a sense of "personal accountability" if they become elected. I just love it when I am judged harshly by a group of people who think whites can be counted as individuals but minorities as an entire group that share the same ideals, morals, work ethic, speech patterns, interest in education, crime, parenthood, fashion, music, etc.
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus

Last edited by SheHateMe; 11-07-2012 at 03:38 PM.
SheHateMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
HamburgerBoy
Lifer
 
HamburgerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 22,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosurface View Post
Okay SheHateMe, what percentage of white people do you think feel the way those in the link do?

Do you think if it was a significant percentage, we'd have just elected, then re-elected, a black president while whites are still 70% or more of the population?

That's the thing, with 70%+ of 300 million people, within that very large group you are going to find every fucking imaginable thing. Racist assholes like in the article... serial killers, whatever.

So, I contend it's a small percentage of whites who are thinking and talking like that.

Whereas, I contend the percentage of African Americans who go out of their way to vote for someone of their same race, who view whites and asians and any non-blacks as fundamentally "other" and tell jokes, make insults, etc toward those groups... who view everything in their life, in fact, through prism of race... is much higher.

If I had to spitball it, I'd say 8% of whites MAX are like those in the article, and maybe as much as 70% of blacks are the way I described.

So yes, blacks are the racist ones.
lol, and on what do you base any of that? The idea that any integer percentage of the USA does not contain individuals that have crazy/radical/racist views is ridiculous, and if you look at previous elections, black people frequently support white Democrats overwhelmingly at the polls.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingpig
muckah muck mah muckah paddah pah pah sucka suck sah sucka saddah sah sah
HamburgerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #17
Schmide
Diamond Member
 
Schmide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,162
Default

Now I get it. This is the Chuck Norris - 1000 years of darkness set upon the land.
__________________
All errors are undocumented features waiting to be discovered.
Schmide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
Geosurface
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
It's just a coincidence that Obama is black. I bet most blacks voted for Al Gore so what is your point? Okay, okay fine...the fact that Obama made history as a black man runnin fo presdent gives him a little more cred with the blacks...but deep down, you all know that blacks always vote Dem..so really..whats the problem?

Just give me a good reason why blacks and latinos would vote Republican?...pleeease do. Over the course of this whole ride, I have never see a black or brown face at any of Romney's shendigs.

Brownies are not welcome in the Republican party and you know it. They just now realized that the Republicans needed the brownies to win last night on Fox News. You don't say!?

Lo siento, I can not vote for party that tells me how worthless, poor, hopeless and brown I am all the time and then promises to give me a sense of "personal accountability" if they become elected.
I don't disagree with any of what you're saying.

The only thing I'll say is, I've recently come to believe that the lack of comfort and aid offered by the republican party not just to "brownies" but to everyone, is a sign of them being correct about some things.

I think the mindset of "I vote for you because of the goodies you offer me" will ultimately bring this country down in a flaming heap.
__________________
"bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led... - Thomas Jefferson
Geosurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #19
Geosurface
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamburgerBoy View Post
lol, and on what do you base any of that? The idea that any integer percentage of the USA does not contain individuals that have crazy/radical/racist views is ridiculous, and if you look at previous elections, black people frequently support white Democrats overwhelmingly at the polls.
Well to be honest all human beings are racist, it's built in.

Some people choose to fight it within themselves, or try to hide it, or some combination of the two. Others don't even try.

Whites in the USA right now are doing a fuck of a lot better job fighting/hiding it than blacks, though. On the whole.
__________________
"bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led... - Thomas Jefferson
Geosurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
chucky2
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Chicagoland, IL USA
Posts: 7,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
So, what percentage of White voters voted for him? I wasn't even aware the dude was running for something..but you know, I am black so..I must have voted for him.. where ever we are...we be voting for our homies!

Seriously, you really expect blacks to vote for a party that doesn't care about them? Latinos to vote for a party that doesn't care about them. I didn't see a single black or latino face in Romney's crowd last night. That says so much.
What do you mean, vote for a party that doesn't care about you (blacks)? I don't remember Rep's campaigning on helping whitey, they campaign on policy. Are you trying to say that Rep's have polices that only help whitey and screw dem darkies? That Dem's have policies that are pro black but screw whitey?

Why would black and/or latino people be in a Rep convention when another party is promising the moon and sky and making their illegal kids legal?

You aren't even making sense at this point...

Chuck
__________________
Tyan = No Support
Chuck's K6-3+
chucky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #21
techs
Lifer
 
techs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
Phew, they took the words right outta my mouth!

Food Stamp President




Somebody needs to show us blacks how to vote.

I recognize a whole bunch of our regular p&n'ers.
__________________
Imagine a really good sig is here.
techs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky2 View Post
Are you trying to say that Rep's have polices that only help whitey and screw dem darkies? That Dem's have policies that are pro black but screw whitey?

Why would black and/or latino people be in a Rep convention when another party is promising the moon and sky and making their illegal kids legal?

You aren't even making sense at this point...

Chuck
I made no mention of "whitey". Also, of course, I voted for Obama so little Shaniqua can go to school and get health care even though I snuck into the country from Zambia. She was born here and shes an AMERICAN, Goddamnit.

No seriously, what is this "moon and sky" promise you speak of?

The Republican party has always given off this funky ass aura of being an exclusionary group. Most of us would not fit in with their type of crowd, stop pretending like the 99% of us matter.

Like I said before, PLEASE give me a good reason for a Black person to vote for Republican. Forget about the Latinos right now. Tell ME why I should vote for a Republican candidate?
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus

Last edited by SheHateMe; 11-07-2012 at 03:46 PM.
SheHateMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #23
chucky2
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Chicagoland, IL USA
Posts: 7,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank69 View Post
Chucky and the other conservatives will never understand this mentality. After all, they have been voting against their own best interests their whole lives.
I understand the black mentality just fine. The Rep party is whiteys party because it's seen are more rich and it doesn't want to dole out the freebies, the Dem party purports itself as a party of the working man, and most blacks by far and large are in that category.

In an election where there is a black candidate and white candidate, barring something crazy (and even then nothing would surprise me), I already expect blacks to be supporting the black candidate. Is that racist on their part? F yeah. Do I hold it against them? Nope. With so little representation, I'd expect them to get behind someone of their ethnicity.

I cannot wait for you to expound on what I've voted against my own best interests on....this'll be rich...

Chuck
__________________
Tyan = No Support
Chuck's K6-3+
chucky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #24
HamburgerBoy
Lifer
 
HamburgerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 22,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosurface View Post
Well to be honest all human beings are racist, it's built in.

Some people choose to fight it within themselves, or try to hide it, or some combination of the two. Others don't even try.

Whites in the USA right now are doing a fuck of a lot better job fighting/hiding it than blacks, though. On the whole.
Quote:
and on what do you base any of that?
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky2 View Post
I understand the black mentality just fine. The Rep party is whiteys party because it's seen are more rich and it doesn't want to dole out the freebies, the Dem party purports itself as a party of the working man, and most blacks by far and large are in that category.

In an election where there is a black candidate and white candidate, barring something crazy (and even then nothing would surprise me), I already expect blacks to be supporting the black candidate. Is that racist on their part? F yeah. Do I hold it against them? Nope. With so little representation, I'd expect them to get behind someone of their ethnicity.

I cannot wait for you to expound on what I've voted against my own best interests on....this'll be rich...

Chuck
Medicare, Veteran's benefits, etc aren't freebies?

Regarding the bolded, I like your phrasing. You didn't state that it's racist for black people to support black candidates; you only mentioned your expectation, and then without foundation assume it to be true. That your expectation is inherently prejudiced only makes it more delicious.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingpig
muckah muck mah muckah paddah pah pah sucka suck sah sucka saddah sah sah

Last edited by HamburgerBoy; 11-07-2012 at 03:52 PM.
HamburgerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #25
Geosurface
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamburgerBoy View Post
...
I base it on observed reality.
__________________
"bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led... - Thomas Jefferson
Geosurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.