· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #26
Ichinisan
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Gmail automatically saves stuff as you go, in case you get disconnected. E.g. if you are preparing to compose an e-mail, and you upload a batch of attachments.

Essentially, gmail creates a temporary file for each new item that you upload, compose, start writing, etc. E.g. if you type an e-mail, it'll automatically save it as a draft every 30 seconds or so.

Once you send the message, all the temporary files associated with that message get sent to trash. The catch is that if you search the trash, you'll find them.
Not necessarily. The strange part is that they don't show in trash unless you search a certain way. You might think you've permanently deleted all traces of something when you haven't.

The save-as-you-go thing has been that way for a long time. This problem I described is new.

Last edited by Ichinisan; 11-06-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Ichinisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #27
Ichinisan
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudee View Post
Ichinisan, you have one of the most annoying sigs. Seriously
Depends on your operating system.
ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็ ็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส ็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็ ็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็ ็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็ ็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็ ็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ ็
ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็ ็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส ็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็ ็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็ ็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็ ็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็ ็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ ็
Old 11-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #28
Ns1
Lifer

No messages matched your search. You can broaden your search to look in "Mail & Spam & Trash".
Learn more

Rule 813 bro
Ns1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #29
Ichinisan
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ns1 View Post
No messages matched your search. You can broaden your search to look in "Mail & Spam & Trash".
Learn more
You probably haven't sent any messages with attachments or pictures since the new compose interface arrived (or you never enabled the new compose interface). Anyway, I think they're related since it started around the same time.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #30
Dominato3r
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLAMA2009 View Post
i dont use gmail because im under the impression that they insist on your phone number to sign up. yahoo is much better
Yea whats up with this shit. Every time I log into Youtube or GMail they ask for my phone number
Dominato3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #31
Mark R
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominato3r View Post
Yea whats up with this shit. Every time I log into Youtube or GMail they ask for my phone number
The main reason is to make password recovery easier and more reliable.

If your account gets hacked or you lose your password then you'll have to go through the recovery process. This is deliberately time-delayed to prevent hackers from changing the security questions; however, if you fat finger a new password, and lock yourself out, then gmail will not permit password recovery via your security question within 24 hours.

If you've got a cell number registered, then you can unlock your account immediately via SMS.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #32
bruceb
Diamond Member

I tried the new compose and I don't like it. Luckily, you can switch back to the old compose. From the new compose window, select the Arrow at the bottom Right. The option to switch back to old compose is in there.
bruceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #33
DLeRium
Lifer

new compose pops up on the BOTTOM right? How does this make sense if you have a largeass screen? I click compose on the upper left, and a box pops up on the bottom right. For that reason I moved my Gchat to the right also. It doesn't make sense to have windows popup on the right with the list on the left

Last edited by DLeRium; 11-06-2012 at 06:32 PM.
DLeRium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #34
shortylickens
No Lifer

I been using Gmail a long time. But over the last year it seems most of their changes arent what I like. Fuck them. FUCK THEM!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #35
lxskllr
Lifer

My email from several accounts, including Gmail hasn't substantially changed in years. The joys of using a proper client :^)
lxskllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #36
Ichinisan
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
My email from several accounts, including Gmail hasn't substantially changed in years. The joys of using a proper client :^)
No mail client comes close to the conversation / label functionality of Gmail.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #37
SP33Demon
Lifer

Not a fan of the new compose. It accidentally sent when I hit Enter (trying to carriage return) and some other key by accident. bah
SP33Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #38
CZroe
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP33Demon View Post
Not a fan of the new compose. It accidentally sent when I hit Enter (trying to carriage return) and some other key by accident. bah
That's not what this thread is about, but the old one probably would have done that too.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #39
Red Storm
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeRium View Post
new compose pops up on the BOTTOM right? How does this make sense if you have a largeass screen? I click compose on the upper left, and a box pops up on the bottom right. For that reason I moved my Gchat to the right also. It doesn't make sense to have windows popup on the right with the list on the left
It makes perfect sense, it keeps your inbox in clear view while you work on your composing.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #40
JimmiG
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Storm View Post
It makes perfect sense, it keeps your inbox in clear view while you work on your composing.
It depends on what you're writing. If it's just a quick reply, it makes sense. If you're working on a long message, you want it in the center of the screen to more easily focus on it. Fortunately there's a button you can press to detach the compose window and put it in the center. I don't mind the new interface. It was much worse when they put super-thick white borders around everything, but thankfully you can switch to compact mode.
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H, i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz (Adaptive VCore, delidded w. CLP), 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, KFA² GeForce GTX 670 2GB EX OC, M-Audio Delta1010LT, Fractal Design XL R2 w/ Corsair 450VX, BenQ 27'' GW2750HE
JimmiG is offline   Reply With Quote