Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #26
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioTruth View Post
Another skeptic was turned this week!

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...s-Just-Say-Yes

I think everyone are skeptics who haven't tried power cables themselves, I was one of them as well!
Power cables are the best investment in audio, but electronics are the worst! A $31,000 SACD system was worse than a $200 USB DAC with computer running WAV from SSD. Electronics break eventually, but power cables don't, that's why they are the greatest investments. I love power cables, I love to tweak them daily for a decade!
... your power cable is going to fix the problems from hundreds, if not thousands, of miles of power transmission?
http://primaryaccounting.ca
Old 11-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #27
JimKiler
Platinum Member

Quote:
Another skeptic was turned this week!

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...s-Just-Say-Yes

I think everyone are skeptics who haven't tried power cables themselves, I was one of them as well!
Power cables are the best investment in audio, but electronics are the worst! A $31,000 SACD system was worse than a $200 USB DAC with computer running WAV from SSD. Electronics break eventually, but power cables don't, that's why they are the greatest investments. I love power cables, I love to tweak them daily for a decade!
What gauge are these power cables? If you say anything higher than 8 gauge at your price point i will not believe they are worth the money.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #28
Pacfanweb
Lifer

Quote:
Nothing can break the laws of physics. But the laws can be incomplete, which makes them wrong. Someone said that it was like the laws of physics were overwritten, nobody can explain why it sounded better. Physicists discover new things every day.
Funny how they haven't discovered a single thing about expensive cables making a difference.

Also funny how nobody has yet to take the James Randi Million Dollar Challenge, either.

A million dollars to take a test to see if any high-dollar speaker cables are better than regular old, overpriced Monster cable.
Nobody will take it, because they know there is no difference, and there cannot be a difference. It's simply impossible.

"One of the reasons I left Sabbath is Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." Ozzy
Old 11-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #29
Pacfanweb
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdifox View Post
... your power cable is going to fix the problems from hundreds, if not thousands, of miles of power transmission?
That's what's totally funny about all these cable myths, whether it be power cable or speaker wire.

Guess what ANY manufacturer has used inside your speakers, and inside your receiver/preamp/amp? Plain, old copper wire.

Guess what the power company uses to get power to your house? Guess what the electricians that wired your house used? Plain, old copper wire.

So now you think that taking some fancy wire, and connecting your system built with regular copper wire, to the wall socket, which is plumbed with regular copper wire, is going to somehow make a difference?

Or using a fancy wire to go from your speaker output to your speaker? Even expensive speakers, most of them that need wire inside have just plain old wire. Nothing fancy.

Show us a REAL, double-blind, scientifically-run test where lots of impartial listeners can tell the difference. Still waiting..............

"One of the reasons I left Sabbath is Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." Ozzy
Old 11-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #30
skriefal
Golden Member

Quote:
Nothing can break the laws of physics. But the laws can be incomplete, which makes them wrong. Someone said that it was like the laws of physics were overwritten, nobody can explain why it sounded better. Physicists discover new things every day.
Wow. I guess some will do anything to avoid admitting that they've been influenced by imagined differences. Human perception is a powerful (and very fallible) thing.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #31
skriefal
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacfanweb View Post
Show us a REAL, double-blind, scientifically-run test where lots of impartial listeners can tell the difference. Still waiting..............
And you'll keep waiting... and waiting... and waiting. Those who ascribe to these beliefs won't participate in such tests. At some level they know that they'll likely be proven incorrect, and then have to find new excuses for continuing to cling to the belief ("but science hasn't explained everything yet...", etc).
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #32
Pacfanweb
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post
And you'll keep waiting... and waiting... and waiting. Those who ascribe to these beliefs won't participate in such tests. At some level they know that they'll likely be proven incorrect, and then have to find new excuses for continuing to cling to the belief ("but science hasn't explained everything yet...", etc).
Reason is, nobody will foolishly spend 'thousands' on a WIRE, and then admit there was no difference.

Seriously, you can fool people on things like this in most any product.

You could take a piece of fried chicken, cut it in half, give a person a piece to eat. Then hand them the other one and tell them it was seasoned differently and a pretty large percentage of folks would tell you they tasted the difference.

You could take a car and have someone drive it. Then drive it around the building, pull up next to the person in the exact same car, and tell them this is an identical vehicle, but with some difference...shocks, tires, ECU programming....whatever, and let them drive it again, and it's a guarantee that a good percentage would think there was a difference.

So you can be darn sure that if someone actually spends their own money on something that is supposed to make a difference, they WILL think there's a difference.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #33
Phynaz
Diamond Member

Quote:
That's exactly what I was going to say, along with old household wiring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo...d_conditioning
I saw good resolutions pics of the so called lunar module, heck, that s quite a piece of garbage with badly jointed metalic and litteraly hammered plates, seriously, you think that this piece of metalic junk actualy landed on the moon..??

Last edited by Phynaz; 11-07-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #34
GarfieldtheCat
Diamond Member

Quote:
He is a reviewer for Stereo Times Magazine. I sent him many expensive power cables so he could review them. They took half a year to build, and many years to design, and also cost me $100 to ship them from Sweden to USA, they are very heavy, approx 20 lbs.
Wait a minute.....you said this in your other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioTruth
I sent my DIY power cable to someone, it has worked perfectly for months in my system. He plugged it into his tube amp and the aftermarket fuse blew in his $10,000 amp. He switched to his old power cable and his tubes blew, and another fuse. The fuses and tubes are worth $641, and he wants me to pay for them. Because he hasn't had any problems for 3 years, until switching the power cord to mine.

Is it possible that a power cable can do this?
How can you spend "many years" designing $80k power cables (lol) that took you a "half year to build", and still have to ask if a power cable can damage an amp? Really?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #35
alkemyst
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
Well, call the police.
They won't do anything for someone overseas bro.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #36
Born2bwire
Diamond Member

Oh Patrick.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #37
AudioTruth

Quote:
It has nothing to do with that.
Let's say this, use battery power for the amp, and plug in a cable to the IEC input, other end is not connected to wall, it will clean the sound. This is what power cables are all about. Skeptics got it all wrong.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #38
AudioTruth

Quote:
That's what's totally funny about all these cable myths, whether it be power cable or speaker wire.

Guess what ANY manufacturer has used inside your speakers, and inside your receiver/preamp/amp? Plain, old copper wire.

Guess what the power company uses to get power to your house? Guess what the electricians that wired your house used? Plain, old copper wire.

So now you think that taking some fancy wire, and connecting your system built with regular copper wire, to the wall socket, which is plumbed with regular copper wire, is going to somehow make a difference?
If it doesn't make a difference, then there's a problem.

Quote:
The believers are enjoying and getting great eargasms while you are waiting.

Quote:
Wow. I guess some will do anything to avoid admitting that they've been influenced by imagined differences. Human perception is a powerful (and very fallible) thing.
And some will do anything to believe the opposite.

Quote:
That's what skeptics do, they keep waiting and waiting. No progress is made because they think they already know everything. If it wasn't for the believers we would still live in caves.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #39
AudioTruth

Quote:
Funny how they haven't discovered a single thing about expensive cables making a difference.

Also funny how nobody has yet to take the James Randi Million Dollar Challenge, either.

A million dollars to take a test to see if any high-dollar speaker cables are better than regular old, overpriced Monster cable.
Nobody will take it, because they know there is no difference, and there cannot be a difference. It's simply impossible.
The more you believe in something, the further you are from the truth.
I thought Randi removed the million dollar challenge a couple years ago, rumor is that he bought audio tweaks with the money!
http://youtu.be/DIJk6pn5IbU

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldtheCat View Post
Wait a minute.....you said this in your other thread:

How can you spend "many years" designing $80k power cables (lol) that took you a "half year to build", and still have to ask if a power cable can damage an amp? Really?
It takes a lot of experimentation to find the right design and crystal formula for the cable. Everything is fine-tuned by ear.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #40
Number1
Diamond Member

AudioTruth is spaming for thestereotime.com?

AudioTruth = Cheez?

Audiotruth talks about unknown laws of physic!

Audiotruth has been caught in a lie.
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4200, MSI P67A-G43 (B3) P67 ATX LGA1155, Mushkin Enhanced Silverline Stiletto 8GB 2X4GB PC3-10666 DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit, 5450 Radeon 500M X 2, 4TB storage, 600W OCZ GameXtream, Windows 7 HP 64, Samsung Syncmaster2463uw, Audio password Audio
Old 11-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #41
Number1
Diamond Member

Quote:
The more you believe in something, the further you are from the truth.
I thought Randi removed the million dollar challenge a couple years ago, rumor is that he bought audio tweaks with the money!
http://youtu.be/DIJk6pn5IbU

It takes a lot of experimentation to find the right design and crystal formula for the cable. Everything is fine-tuned by ear.
Crystal formula!!!!!

LOL

Patrick82 indeed.
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4200, MSI P67A-G43 (B3) P67 ATX LGA1155, Mushkin Enhanced Silverline Stiletto 8GB 2X4GB PC3-10666 DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit, 5450 Radeon 500M X 2, 4TB storage, 600W OCZ GameXtream, Windows 7 HP 64, Samsung Syncmaster2463uw, Audio password Audio
Old 11-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #42
Howard
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemyst View Post
They won't do anything for someone overseas bro.
It was my don't-give-a-crap advice, but thanks for giving a crap.

Kitchen stuff
Old 11-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #43
AudioTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1 View Post
AudioTruth is spaming for thestereotime.com?

AudioTruth = Cheez?

Audiotruth talks about unknown laws of physic!

Audiotruth has been caught in a lie.
What lie? The cables took many years to design, once I had found the right design, they took half a year to build. The old designs of the cable I had to throw away. The final designs took half a year to build.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #44
AudioTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1 View Post
Crystal formula!!!!!

LOL

Patrick82 indeed.
I cook like Walter White, except I use my ears to do it, and it's legal. And I can use it myself to get eargasms.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #45
AudioTruth

I made a website for all the skeptics! HiFi Justice! http://www.coconut-audio.com/hifijustice/index.html
Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #46
Phanuel
Golden Member

Nope, sorry, still all bull dung. Can't somehow replace a wall to component piece of copper and fundamentally alter all of the internal copper/silver/aluminum connections inside said component, especially after the AC to DC conversion occurring within said electrical component.

Yay science vs pointless golden ear idiocy, nobody wins these debates!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #47
skriefal
Golden Member

Quote:
That's what skeptics do, they keep waiting and waiting. No progress is made because they think they already know everything. If it wasn't for the believers we would still live in caves.
Ah... the typical response from many tweak "believers". Claim that those who disagree with you are opposed to "progress"; that they're the ones who think they know everything. Deflect. It's almost worse than religion.

I don't have a problem if someone with deep pockets wants to spend $80K on a cable because it looks pretty, and that makes them happy. It's their money. I do have a problem with those who claim mystic properties to a cable or other tweak (esp. when they have a monetary interest in the sale of that item), and then do whatever they can to actively avoid any sort of scientific proof of those properties. But that sort of thing will continue to occur where $ is involved.

Last edited by skriefal; 11-07-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #48
KentState
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuel View Post
Nope, sorry, still all bull dung. Can't somehow replace a wall to component piece of copper and fundamentally alter all of the internal copper/silver/aluminum connections inside said component, especially after the AC to DC conversion occurring within said electrical component.

Yay science vs pointless golden ear idiocy, nobody wins these debates!
Unless these come out of the circuit panel to the stereo equipment, 3 meters of "special sauce" isn't going to help one bit. Really interesting that the testing doesn't involve any scientific process or actual measurements.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #49
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
It has nothing to do with that.
Let's say this, use battery power for the amp, and plug in a cable to the IEC input, other end is not connected to wall, it will clean the sound. This is what power cables are all about. Skeptics got it all wrong.
... You are saying your power cable can clean up power, that is exactly what you are saying...
Old 11-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #50
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
I made a website for all the skeptics! HiFi Justice! http://www.coconut-audio.com/hifijustice/index.html
So you are Patrick
Closed Thread

Tags
magazine, ransom, scam, stereo, times