· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #76
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drako View Post
So I think I understand you now - voter IDs will increase voter fraud.
Stop trolling. You haven't been able to disprove my point yet. Voter impersonation is non-existent. Voter ids would not stop the types of voter fraud that currently occur. Are you for the TSA? Do you think mail in voting should be allowed?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #77
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakester View Post
It's really simple. No ID=no vote.

Not anyone else's problem. If it's not important enough of an issue to have an ID, I personally don't want your sorry ass voting anyway because you're a retard and what you have to say is unimportant. Go live in a country where you don't get to vote because you don't appreciate the freedoms here.

Oh...you had 4 years to figure this out. If that's not enough time then tough shit.
You must not live in the USA though you list you're located in CA. Thankfully, we live in a country where voter id is not mandatory b/c there's no reason for it. I'm sure you're the type that believes we need the TSA and other authorities that don't serve a real purpose but is only a facade.

I'd worry about larger scale voter fraud that has occurred that voter id does not stop.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #78
Quakester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Caveman View Post
You must not live in the USA though you list you're located in CA. Thankfully, we live in a country where voter id is not mandatory b/c there's no reason for it. I'm sure you're the type that believes we need the TSA and other authorities that don't serve a real purpose but is only a facade.

I'd worry about larger scale voter fraud that has occurred that voter id does not stop.
Since you don't know me, to prefabricate what I believe in makes you an idiot. You should change your avatar to senior troll.
Crucial 256 M4 SSD
MSI HD 6950 TF III 2GB unlocked shaders
Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Quakester's Heat=212-0-0
Quakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #79
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakester View Post
Since you don't know me, to prefabricate what I believe in makes you an idiot. You should change your avatar to senior troll.
Read your original post here, I just corrected your ignorance. I feel pretty confident my mother who doesn't have an ID is more intelligent than you. I know she wouldn't make idiotic comments like calling those without ids retards.

No ID = no vote? GTFO
Old 11-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #80
sixone
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdifox View Post
You mean the electoral college votes are distributed and not first past post? I am under the impression most states use first past post and not proportional.

I don't understand how a state can dictate who can vote in a federal election. Doesn't make sense to me.

To me, it's Federal Election, the Feds make all the rules for that. Including voter eligibility and method. I can understand State setting electoral college vote distribution, sort of.
It's a states' rights issue. The state controls who gets the electoral college votes.

Senators were originally intended to represent each soverign state and its rights, since members of Congress represent the people who elected them. But they fucked that all up with the 17th Amendment.
sixone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #81
sixone
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyashiKaibutsu View Post
Why no rage against absentee voter fraud? It's much easier to do with much less risk involved. Much like fraud at the polls, there's also no proof it's not happening. Why has all attempts been made to stop it at the polls and not where it's more likely to occur? Also, the burden of proof is on the one making claims that felonies are taking place in massive numbers without anyone knowing about it.
Okay, then where's your proof that absentee voter fraud is actually happening?
Old 11-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #82
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixone View Post
It's a states' rights issue. The state controls who gets the electoral college votes.

Senators were originally intended to represent each soverign state and its rights, since members of Congress represent the people who elected them. But they fucked that all up with the 17th Amendment.
I don't have a problem with the state deciding the electoral college vote distribution method, but I think a better system is to have fed control voting method and eligibility since it is a federal election.
http://primaryaccounting.ca
sdifox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #83
sixone
Lifer

Quote:
I don't have a problem with the state deciding the electoral college vote distribution method, but I think a better system is to have fed control voting method and eligibility since it is a federal election.
That's probably not very surprising, if you want the federal government to have that much power. Our system was designed to prevent that from happening - thought it's being grossly perverted today.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #84
theprodigalrebel
Lifer

First World Problems
theprodigalrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #85
VulgarDisplay
Diamond Member

This x100000000.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72830.html

The only way a person would be against the country getting their shit organized would be because they know it would impact their political party. We have the technology to fix these issues so why aren't they being fixed.
VulgarDisplay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #86
torpid
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulgarDisplay View Post
This x100000000.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72830.html

The only way a person would be against the country getting their shit organized would be because they know it would impact their political party. We have the technology to fix these issues so why aren't they being fixed.
Technology is sort of the opposite of voter id. A laminated card that requires more manual human intervention to verify is pretty antiquated. At least in Wisconsin, it also would have been very expensive (between monitoring and free ID costs). A technological solution surely exists that is way cheaper than requiring antiquated driver's license IDs without any machines to scan them.
torpid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #87
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
That's probably not very surprising, if you want the federal government to have that much power. Our system was designed to prevent that from happening - thought it's being grossly perverted today.
What do you mean power? It's a federal election for crying out loud. All I am asking for is an uniform policy across the USA that says this is how you vote and who can vote. This is akin to a county setting up parameters for a state governor election. Utterly ridiculous.
http://primaryaccounting.ca
sdifox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #88
JM Aggie08
Diamond Member

For God's sake it's an ID. If you don't have one, you probably don't have the mental competence to vote anyways.
JM Aggie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #89
sixone
Lifer

Quote:
What do you mean power? It's a federal election for crying out loud. All I am asking for is an uniform policy across the USA that says this is how you vote and who can vote. This is akin to a county setting up parameters for a state governor election. Utterly ridiculous.
Not if you value the sovereignty of each state - and I realize that most people don't, because the majority voted for Obama. The federal government is supposed to be controlled by the states, not the other way around.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #90
AznAnarchy99
Lifer

Quote:
Not if you value the sovereignty of each state - and I realize that most people don't, because the majority voted for Obama. The federal government is supposed to be controlled by the states, not the other way around.
Power of the states got shot when half of them decided to succeed and failed.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #91
sixone
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznAnarchy99 View Post
Power of the states got shot when half of them decided to succeed and failed.
Do you mean "secede"?

In any case, I would dispute that. The power of the states was slowly worn away by apathy and failure to protect it.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #92
jagec
Lifer

Quote:
Do you mean "secede"?

In any case, I would dispute that. The power of the states was slowly worn away by apathy and failure to protect it.
The Civil War and its aftermath was a pretty big coup for the federalists.
jagec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #93
thraashman
Diamond Member

Voting is a Constitutionally guaranteed right. To tell me I'm not allowed to vote because I don't have an ID is to violate the Constitution and disenfranchise. It is Constitutionally illegal to require an ID just like it would be Constitutionally illegal to require me to be able to recite the lyrics to Call Me Maybe to be allowed to vote.

Campaigning to get all members of P&N to put nehalem256 on their ignore list. The quality of posts in P&N can only improve once most people do.
thraashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #94
dabuddha
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thraashman View Post
Voting is a Constitutionally guaranteed right. To tell me I'm not allowed to vote because I don't have an ID is to violate the Constitution and disenfranchise. It is Constitutionally illegal to require an ID just like it would be Constitutionally illegal to require me to be able to recite the lyrics to Call Me Maybe to be allowed to vote.
I'm confused. How would you propose that they determine who you are when you come up to vote if you refuse to show ID? What's to stop you from going to multiple polling places and voting multiple times?

Heatware
dabuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #95
AznAnarchy99
Lifer

Quote:
Do you mean "secede"?

Yea. I was trying to google the right spelling but I failed
Old 11-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #96
sixone
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thraashman View Post
No, it is not. The privilege of voting is granted by the state you reside in. That's why Jesse Jackson, Jr. is working for an amendment to the Constitution.

The Supreme Court has upheld the consitutionality of voter ID laws, where an ID can be obtained at no cost to the voter. Please read up on Crawford v. Marion County Election Board before posting further false information.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #97
Born2bwire
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagec View Post
Probably because all voter ID laws introduced to date have been transparent attempts to reduce the turnout of legitimate liberal voters. Much like restrictions on early voting.

That said, this voter would be OK with voter ID requirements IF (A)They were enacted and publicized well before the actual election year, (B)IDs were supplied free of charge, and (C)The documentation requirements weren't so onerous that legitimate voters would be excluded from getting an ID.

At that point it would just be a total waste of money to solve a problem that doesn't exist, instead of a total waste of money AND an attempt to skew election results.
This here. I'm certainly fine with voter ID being required, but they can't just pass this and get it enacted just a few months before the elections. The people that do not have IDs are probably the ones who will find it most difficult to obtain them (disabled, elderly and others who have troubles getting around). As long as they allow ample time for people to get the IDs and costs a very modest fee then I would have no problem with it.
Born2bwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #98
spidey07
No Lifer

Many states require ID and it works great. Anybody that says it's "disenfranchising" is only because they want people who can't legally vote to do so. No ID = voter fraud.
(")_(")
spidey07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #99
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabuddha View Post
I'm confused. How would you propose that they determine who you are when you come up to vote if you refuse to show ID? What's to stop you from going to multiple polling places and voting multiple times?
Have you ever voted? You would know the answer if you have.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #100
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey07 View Post
Many states require ID and it works great. Anybody that says it's "disenfranchising" is only because they want people who can't legally vote to do so. No ID = voter fraud.
Incorrect like usual. How's Rick Perry as our President doing?

Again, all voter fraud that's occurred, voter id would not have prevented it. But keep on playing that card, you've been pretty consistent in being incorrect.