· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #26
IronWing
Lifer

This thread looks an awful lot like a "I guess Obama is going to win so I better distance myself from the loser" thread.
IronWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #27
JEDIYoda
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
That is because there was a lot of fraud to take him out and the media was incredibly biased against him.

Did you not see what happened to the Ron Paul Maine delegates who were kicked out and it was scripted
ahhh...playing the fraud card....Ron who??
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #28
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWing View Post
This thread looks an awful lot like a "I guess Obama is going to win so I better distance myself from the loser" thread.
Where have I ever supported romney? I have always been against romney but its just easier to make up lies
Incorruptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #29
Charles Kozierok
Elite Member

I followed the primaries very closely. Ron Paul consistently polled the worst of the candidates in nearly every state.

If there was fraud, it had no effect on the outcome. Paul lost because he's not really a Republican, and he doesn't stand for what most Republicans stand for today.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #30
EagleKeeper
Discussion Club Moderator
Elite Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesKozierok View Post
Ron Paul lost the primaries because most Republicans don't like what he stands for. The rest is noise.
There was fraud to take him out and the media was doing whatever it took to get him out
Not enough to get past the noise for what ever fraud is being accused.

His level with the caucuses was similar to the primaries. 5-7%

That is not the person/positions that the majority of the voting public want.
If he was pulling 30-40% in a primary and then shows 10-15% in a caucus, then their may be a gripe.

He either is not going to convince

or

the message is flawed.

Running a lame horse in a race is not going to win the trophy just because your horse has a pretty jockey.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #31
momeNt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstar7 View Post
The idea that the media wouldn't LOVE Ron Paul to be in the race is laughable.

That guy in the spotlight would sell a lot of papers and have people tuning in all the time.

If the media could make it happen, they would.
The media is an extension of the interests that control it. Selling papers and commercial spots pales in comparison to their overall corporate interests.
momeNt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #32
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momeNt View Post
The media is an extension of the interests that control it. Selling papers and commercial spots pales in comparison to their overall corporate interests.
This. Corporations run this country and Ron Paul is against that so they will ignore him, cant have the people think for themselves

Why is it so hard for people to understand what you just said?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #33
Charles Kozierok
Elite Member

Quote:
So it's "overall corporate interests" that caused Paul to be outvoted by a huge margin?

And let's not forget that "corporate interests" is a big part of the modern GOP.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #34
Londo_Jowo
Lifer

I knew Ron Paul was in trouble when he was only polling 10% - 15% in the Congressional district he had held for 11 years.
Londo_Jowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #35
mafia
Golden Member

Vote for Gary Johnson if you like RP. GJ is on all the ballots.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #36
airdata
Diamond Member

Quote:
I agree with what your saying but why is it that so many Americans dont believe this, they constantly fall for the lies and believe whatever is told to them
That's how our system works.

Ron Paul was the only candidate this election cycle talking about real issues. Everybody else is talking about cooked up unemployment numbers and the usual stuff.

All of his haters try to say he's crazy and then when other candidates use his ideas they're not crazy. You know, the usual P&N flip flop routine.

1JYdDv2YHXthtLjEiwtLSW9LjsN4ehQjkc
airdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #37
bfdd
Lifer

While I like Ron Paul, he doesn't believe in evictionism and ignores the voluntary agreement women make with the child to carry it. Because of this he would never get my vote. I think he's pretty spot on about some things and it comes out as a harsh reality, but reality is harsh it seems most have forgotten that. I just got back from casting my ballot for Gary Johnson, I believe he's more in line with myself than I am with Dr. Paul.
bfdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #38
momeNt
Diamond Member

Quote:
So it's "overall corporate interests" that caused Paul to be outvoted by a huge margin?

And let's not forget that "corporate interests" is a big part of the modern GOP.
I was talking specifically about media coverage. They will lean and favorably cover the candidate best for business.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #39
momeNt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdd View Post
While I like Ron Paul, he doesn't believe in evictionism and ignores the voluntary agreement women make with the child to carry it. Because of this he would never get my vote. I think he's pretty spot on about some things and it comes out as a harsh reality, but reality is harsh it seems most have forgotten that. I just got back from casting my ballot for Gary Johnson, I believe he's more in line with myself than I am with Dr. Paul.
He skirts around it by believing its a state's rights issue though, but yes you are right about his personal views.

I'll also be voting Gary Johnson because the vote will go towards a larger percentage than writing in Ron Paul, hopefully he gets a good percentage to get the message out.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #40
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
He skirts around it by believing its a state's rights issue though, but yes you are right about his personal views.

I'll also be voting Gary Johnson because the vote will go towards a larger percentage than writing in Ron Paul, hopefully he gets a good percentage to get the message out.
I agree that its a good idea to vote for Gary Johnson since it takes away votes from the two party dictatorship

But Ron Paul should have been the nominee though
Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #41
bfdd
Lifer

Quote:

If Ron Paul and I were more in line I would write him in even if it wouldn't "count". I realize he cops out to it being a state issue, but the constitution doesn't just leave things up to the states. It also says the powers to be reserved by the people. Some of these things not even the State should have say in, let alone the Federal government. Problem is people are to scurried of being responsible for themselves or they are to scurried to trust others not blowing up the world around them so they skip that shit.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #42
bfdd
Lifer

Quote:
Has Incorruptible backed Romney at all? I thought he was a Ron Paul guy for awhile.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #43
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdd View Post
Has Incorruptible backed Romney at all? I thought he was a Ron Paul guy for awhile.
Thats the point, I never supported romney and I was for Ron Paul from the start. But people will remain ignorant
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #44
Charles Kozierok
Elite Member

Quote:
I was talking specifically about media coverage. They will lean and favorably cover the candidate best for business.
Paul got a ton of favorable coverage during the primaries despite having zero chance of winning.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #45
LegendKiller
Lifer

Quote:
This. Corporations run this country and Ron Paul is against that so they will ignore him, cant have the people think for themselves

Why is it so hard for people to understand what you just said?
Sorry, but most people understand that getting rid of the 14th amendment or setting abortion back to the states or going to one SSBN for "national defense" or going to a gold standard, is a bad thing. Perhaps not the last that much but certainly the first few.

Ron Paul's ideas are 18th century libertopianism, plain and simple. They anchor thinking into believing that the 18th century was the apex of society and that we should not adapt our country for global change.

That does not resonate with the country. He does not resonate with the country. He is a fringe candidate, just like his followers.
LegendKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #46
Vdubchaos
Diamond Member

America is too stupid to pick someone that has common sense.

Also, many people know that it will take a REAL struggle to get this country on the right page, struggle NO ONE wants to endure.
Vdubchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #47
momeNt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Looks a lot more like a "I don't know who the OP is or who he has supported but I'm going to take a shot in the dark here".

Lol.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #48
momeNt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Paul got a ton of favorable coverage during the primaries despite having zero chance of winning.
Even Jonny Stewart commented on the media blackout of Paul. No need to try and rewrite history for someone who already has lost.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #49
Charles Kozierok
Elite Member

Quote:
Even Jonny Stewart commented on the media blackout of Paul. No need to try and rewrite history for someone who already has lost.
Only thing I could find was something related to the straw poll last August. Not too relevant.

I'm not "rewriting history", I'm sharing my experiences from closely watching the primaries. Believe what you wish.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #50
bfdd
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKiller View Post
Sorry, but most people understand that getting rid of the 14th amendment or setting abortion back to the states or going to one SSBN for "national defense" or going to a gold standard, is a bad thing. Perhaps not the last that much but certainly the first few.

Ron Paul's ideas are 18th century libertopianism, plain and simple. They anchor thinking into believing that the 18th century was the apex of society and that we should not adapt our country for global change.

That does not resonate with the country. He does not resonate with the country. He is a fringe candidate, just like his followers.
That's the thing I brought up. How come people ignore the 10th amendment? Powers not granted to the Feds aren't just those reserved to the States they can also be just powers of the people. I also disagree with you about utopianism. Most of the people that think this way know it's not possible and we see struggling against it through force and coercive control over people as worse.

What resonates with the country is the nanny state, some huge unaccountable entitled that will take care of them when all goes wrong. People,e have substituted God for Government and that is the mainstream trait of people here in the USA. Your God is not mine.