· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #26
Jacobus8

Default the carrier

I picked up this nasty load of cr*p when installing "FreeFileSync"

Thanks so much FFS - please take your mediocre application and it's malware baggage and stuff it somewhere uncomfortable!
Jacobus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #27
HansUlrichRudel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 View Post
Add Remove Programs in Control Panel
No help whatsoever
HansUlrichRudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:59 AM   #28
HansUlrichRudel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 View Post
Add Remove Programs in Control Panel
Zero help
HansUlrichRudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #29
CHILLYMAN

i also have had this installed on my laptop and didn't know about it. unitl i started getting a new search engine page opening.

struggling to remove so any help would be greatly appreciated.
CHILLYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #30
monkey333

Sandboxie ftw...
monkey333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #31
hairydogdigital

Oy. What a mess to get rid of. I'm not sure what it piggy-backed itself onto, as I am generally very cautious about the "also install" options. I am pretty certain this one was installed without a specific prompt, other than a possible mention in a EULA. And I stress the word "possible".

I am running Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

To eradicate this mess, I had to...
1. close all browsers
2. stop the running process
3. delete the files from Users/%username%/AppData/Local/Smartbar
4. search the registry and remove any keys (after backing it up) that contained:
- linkury
- smartbar
- there was a long numeric key that is used a cross-reference (i do not have the number any longer)
5. restart

I have to say, this thing really glommed itself into the registry with myriad class ids that were cross-referenced by a common numeric key name (not value).

Last edited by hairydogdigital; 03-01-2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: added comment to steps
hairydogdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #32
duckman0605

Default linkury = illegal

This linkury virus is slowing down my computer BIG TIME. Why don't we band together and start some kind of lawsuit against this "linkury" ? What they're doing to our computers should be considered illegal ! I don't need these kind of problems in my life and I'm sure neither do any of you. This virus screwed up my computer.
duckman0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #33
duckman0605

System restore (to an earlier time) didn't get rid of it and uninstalling it didn't work.
duckman0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #34
Harvey
Administrator
Elite Member

1. Look in the toolbar settings of all of your browsers, and have them remove or defeat it.

2. In Add or Remove Programs, in addition to any reference to Linkury AND any reference to something like "Messenger Plus" or "Messenger Plus Community task bar" that Linkury may have added.

3. Run a fresh installation of a good anti-spyware program. I like the free version of SuperAntiSpyware, but there are other good ones.

4. Run a good registry cleaner. I like the free version of CCleaner (download is from filehippo.com).

Malware makers are sneaky, and they'll hide their crap in your restore points. If you want to take further steps, temporarily turn off all System Restore points. Then, reboot, defrag, and turn them back on.

Hope that helps.

There are traitors and terrorists among us. They call themselves "Republicans." They are a greater threat to the U.S. than Al Qaeda and all the Al Qaeda wannabes. They have infested our democratic institutions with the sole objective of thwarting the will of the majority of our citizens.

And Whos's Watching Over Who's Watching Over You?
Tell me, who's telling who's telling you what to do what to do?
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #35
Evander
Golden Member

I dunno why there are so many 1 or 2 post users in this thread. One good thing to try is to "reset" your browser. For example, this is how you do it in IE 9 and 10:
Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset
For me, that got rid of a stubborn conduit.com browser redirect hijack but resetting fixes other things besides that. Nothing else, not even ComboFix, was able to detect or deal with the issue
Evander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #36
-Slacker-
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evander View Post
I dunno why there are so many 1 or 2 post users in this thread.
Hehehe
Seems like the thread is the first link that comes up on google search, so I guess it's now the main go-to place for angry people who got screwed by this crap.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #37
terryfoutch

Angry

As I tried uninstalling this toolbar and for some reason it will not uninstall from my computer and it's an hp all in one and new so what the hell is the issue?
terryfoutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #38
kpatte1

Unhappy Screw Linkury Smartbar bull.(*&&^%$

Here is Linkury website. ;linkury.com
Too many people are being hijacked by this companies piece of shi* smartbar.

Email them and let them know how you really feel about there "Smartbar"
Alright screw the downloadable programs to delete this piece of crap.
my disclaimer, don't delete if not sure. I take no responsibility for your computer issues. I however have had to do this 3 F'n times with my computer. I am only doing what the downloadable programs are suppose to do, except they leave executable sooooo the God Da.. Smartbar start over upon restart. this should take care of all that. Contact the company and let them know how happy you feel about them allowing you to learn how to use Regedit....I am using vista. it should be pretty much the same for all microsoft computers.

1-Go to regedit: Click start....run.... type in "regedit" obviously without the quotes.
2-When regedit opens Go to Edit...Find...type in smartbar....click find or find next...
3-wait for the results..when it locates a registry entry with this piece shi&&^ program you should look at it and make sure it says somewhere in the string "smartbar" delete that f'n thing until you have deleted them all you should be able to go from one find of registry entry to the next by clicking find next...
4-You may have to delete the actual key if no other programs are assigned, and they usually aren't but make sure.
5-Next go to edit, find and type in linkury and delete any of that registry crap as well.

Please let me know if this helps or add your own words of wisdom.. I am sorry if it didn't however but i am trying to help....it took me along time to figure this out...
kpatte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #39
PliotronX
Diamond Member

AdwCleaner -> Malwarebytes -> Reset browser

Note: not having dealt with this one in particular myself, you might try first running Geek Uninstaller. It's kind of like Revo where it will seek out files and registry settings the installer leaves behind. And, just like most of the tools I use, they have a freeware version.

This thread blew up because somebody supposedly from the dev team of malware showed up. I have to admit I chuckled.

"Remember when your mom shoved brussel sprouts down your throat regardless of how many times you told her you hated the things? Even when there was god damn corn right there in the fridge? Yeah, thats Microsoft." -shortylickens

Last edited by PliotronX; 02-08-2014 at 11:55 AM.
PliotronX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:25 PM   #40
kpatte1

Angry Linkury

I wrote directly to you linkury.com website to let you know how pleased i was with you piece of expletives deleted program. I have spent a lot of time researching your deleted program like "smart bar" and other program garbage you hacks create. I am doing research to locate you "Tards" address and plan to deleted. (but i don't condone violence,, just saying.) but if i were you with all the people who are gunning for you, I would keep my eyes open. We are coming. Alright the answer to dealing with the deleted program on your computer involves many options:
1- More than likely everyone realizes NO deleted uninstall option, ok. lets make that clear.
2-Go to
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...s-cant-delete/

The above link will offer many of the best programs (FREEEEEEE- without any hidden turd program--FREEE) and guide you step by f'n step to identify and delete not only linkury but other deleted that may be on your system. You should run all the programs in safe/with internet mode. The ESET program (follow the instructions, easy but very lengthy automated process) located linkury and it's other fecal matter, and Conduit (another deleted), and crossrider and deleted.
Deleting from registry is one way however some of the lines may not be located and your left with that potential issue.

The following great programs are on the above site. It is recommended use them all to clean the septic deleted from programs like linkury out of your computer. Tell me if this helps or any other suggestions you have. Only trying to help. BY THE WAY SEND LINKURY AS MUCH HATE EMAIL AS POSSIBLE. OOPS I DIDN'T MEAN HATE EMAIL I MEANT TO SAY TELL THEM HOW MUCH YOU APPRECIATE THEM.....PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND THEIR FRIENDS RECEIVE THE EMAIL ADDRESS AS WELL AND PASS IT TO EVERYONE TO SEND YOUR APPRECIATION TO THOSE deleted.

Support@linkury.com <Support@linkury.com>

1-rkill
2-junkware removal tool
3-eset online scanner
4-Adw cleaner
5-malware bytes
6-mini tool box by farbar
7-malware removal tool by Sparks trust
8-tdss killer by kaspersky
9-aswmbr by avast

Have fun..... revenge is best served cold.

Profanity is not allowed in the technical forums.
admin allisolm

Last edited by allisolm; 02-14-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Avoid using Spark trust PC Cleaner as it requires registration and price for use.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #41
kpatte1

Red face Avoid Spark Trust PC Cleaner, requires registration & Fee

My apologies, found out after I woke up and saw Spark trust results that I had to register and pay a fee for use. Check it out if you want but do some research before spending money.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #42
kpatte1

Talking Apologize for any profanity. The Navy in me coming out. I would have been a lot worse

Apologize for any profanity. The Navy in me coming out. I would have been a lot worse. I do hope all my research helps the thousands if not more that are dealing with that crap.
kevin
Old 03-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #43
Mal2

Default OK no profanity .... but I'm tempted...

I joined this forum just to express my abhorrence with the type software being discussed here. Quickshare is the Linkury program I am unable to uninstall. Deleting everything with Quickshare, Linkury, Smartbar, Snap Do and a few others has finally rid me of the effects though I also had to use regedit and the start list under msconfig. I still see it on the programs list when I try to uninstall it. If I try it tries to hijack me further.

Interestingly, the common virus programs are of no help. Microsoft is who I feel should be able to fix it for all of us without downloading more fix it programs that often don't and are viewed by me as questionable due to the likes of Linkury.

I was Air Force but was stationed with the navy for a year and was tempted to unleash the same profanity I often used as a result of linkury's underhanded tactics.
Mal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #44
Harvey
Administrator
Elite Member

Quoting from 2 spyware.com:

Quote:
HOW TO REMOVE Linkury SmartBar?

When trying to remove Linkury SmartBar from the PC, you should firstly remove it from Add/remove Programs list (or Programs and Features if you have Windows Vista/7 running on your machine). Just follow these steps for that:
1. Click Start.-> Control Panel.
2. Double-click 'Add or Remove Programs'.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' box click 'Linkury Smartbar'
4. Click 'Change or Change/Remove'.
Additionally, uninstall Linkury Smartbar's add-on from browsers:

Internet Explorer:

Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Linkury SmartBar and other entries that may be unknown for you.

Mozilla Firefox:

Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Linkury SmartBar and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.

Google Chrome:

Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Linkury SmartBar and other unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.

Finally, scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware.

There are traitors and terrorists among us. They call themselves "Republicans." They are a greater threat to the U.S. than Al Qaeda and all the Al Qaeda wannabes. They have infested our democratic institutions with the sole objective of thwarting the will of the majority of our citizens.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:00 AM   #45
Mal2

Default Thanks Harvey, but.....

Those instructions will remove the effects on the three browsers but will not remove Quickshare and as soon as the computer is restarted, the effects come back due to smartbar being in the start sequence but not identified in the add/remove programs list. I still cannot get the name "quickshare" out of the list of programs when trying to uninstall it.
Mal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:08 AM   #46
code65536
Golden Member

Standard removal procedure for crapware/malware/etc., a.k.a., Why everyone should familiarize themselves with Sysinternals.

1) Get Microsoft's Sysinternals Suite if you don't already have it. Also a good idea to put it on every computer you use or manage--it's literally the first thing I install on every system.

2) Use Process Explorer to kill all the bad processes. In some cases, they are smart and have multiple processes that monitor each other and will immediately respawn their partner processes if they are killed. In this case, simply suspend the processes before killing. If you have trouble identifying which processes are bad, turn on the signature verification column and that will narrow things down a lot.

3) Now use Autoruns to locate and delete the myriad of ways something "hooks" into your system. You do this after step #2 because sometimes these malicious processes are smart enough to monitor these things and regenerate them if deleted.

4) Reboot. Verify that the system is clean. If not, see what you missed and repeat.

5) Optional: Delete the (now-inert) malicious files.

When someone calls me up and asks for me help with cleaning something, I don't bother to look it up or find out what it is exactly because there's no need to. In most cases, I can get it all in one try, taking literally just a few minutes to manually clean a system. Works for just about everything: There's only been once when something was so stubborn that I had to Google it.

(Nuking and reinstalling is still better, though.)

Last edited by code65536; 03-13-2014 at 05:10 AM.
code65536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #47
Kaido
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertVanWaning View Post
Even Revo Uninstaller Pro failed to uninstall the 'Linkury Smartbar' This is the first time this quite forceful and drastic uninstaller failed. It made me nervous: Why on Earth would you want us to keep your program (or whatever it is) when we want to get rid of it? I'm afraid this is only because you have bad intentions.
Even on the manual force removal mode, which hunts down the EXE & registry keys? Alternatively Geek Uninstall is pretty good. Then run CCleaner & also do a reg cleanup in CCleaner. And a full Malwarebytes scan for good measure
Old 03-13-2014, 03:01 PM   #48
Harvey
Administrator
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaido View Post
Even on the manual force removal mode, which hunts down the EXE & registry keys? Alternatively Geek Uninstall is pretty good. Then run CCleaner & also do a reg cleanup in CCleaner. And a full Malwarebytes scan for good measure
I also recommend CCleaner.

Malware can hide in your restore points so, in addition to doing as much cleanup as possible, and BEFORE you reboot, turn off restore points, and set the space allocated to them to 0. Then, reboot into Safe Mode, and run CCleaner again.

Then, turn off or disconnect your Internet connection before you reboot to normal operation. This will stop any lingering fragments from trying to reload the malware from the web.

If you come up clean on reboot with no reassertion of any part of the malware, reset your restore points to normal operation.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #49
Virgorising
Diamond Member

Unless something is some embedded malware, this freeware often helps:

http://toolbarcleaner.com/?src=4792&...Fa47Ogod_RQACg

I also recommend the classic Hijack This via Trend Micro. Run it and look for BHOs.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/

Last resort, go into yr registry manually (regedit) and look for remaining keys. I have had to do that at times.

Using System Restore feels like a capitulation to the sleazoids, but that's just me.

Marcel Proust

Last edited by Virgorising; 03-13-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Virgorising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #50
Virgorising
Diamond Member

Nevah mind.....

Marcel Proust

Virgorising is offline   Reply With Quote