· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #451
waggy
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molondo View Post
Trying to get to 90 as prot was so fucking painfull. Switched to fury at first and really didn't like it, tried arms and it was much better! Moving faster now.
yeah if you level a prot warrior doing quest its a fucking chore. It goes fast if you want to tank instances. but that gets boreing fast.

My main is a prot warrior. i leveled as Arms.

only good thing about leveling as a prot warrior is it takes a LOT to kill me now. i pull a few mobs go take a shit adn come back with them still banging on me and with second wind i keep healing myself.
waggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #452
Rhezuss
Diamond Member

I bought the game anyway, finally installed it and played a bit yesterday. I don't know why but this game still have some fun factor and flavor to it.

I'll play all evening tonight and continue my Paladin level 33 lol...

I lost all my 75+ level characters when I got hacked 2 years ago.

They, again, entirely revamped the skill trees and point allocation. It's dumbed down a lot compared to the trees we're used to but it looks interesting enough to give it a try.

I'll maybe restart a new character, probably Death Knight to have a little advance...

Win7 Pro 64-bit | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | i7 3770K w/ 212 EVO @ 4.4GHz | G.skill Ares 2x4gb DDR3-1866 | M4 128gb SSD (Boot) + WD RE4 500gb (Games) + WD Blue 320gb (Stuff) | EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0 (step-up for the FTW in process) | X-Fi Titanium HD | XFX TS 650W 80+ Gold | Samsung S27D590P 27" LCD 1080p | CM690 II Advanced | Logitech Z623 |
Rhezuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #453
4eigner

My friend gave me a SoR and logged on this weekend to check some stuff. I'm behind a couple of expansions. Last one I played was Wrath and it feels like the game was made easier?

I'm still not sure if I'll buy the game, but I'll check to see if my server and friends are playing consistently enough for me to warrant getting back into it. I'm a semi casual player now, but back in Vanilla/BC I raided pretty hardcore.

Also, what server is people on? I'm on Ner'zhul on Alliance side.
4eigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #454
Anubis
No Lifer

im on Ner'zhul horde
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #455
diesbudt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eigner View Post
My friend gave me a SoR and logged on this weekend to check some stuff. I'm behind a couple of expansions. Last one I played was Wrath and it feels like the game was made easier?

I'm still not sure if I'll buy the game, but I'll check to see if my server and friends are playing consistently enough for me to warrant getting back into it. I'm a semi casual player now, but back in Vanilla/BC I raided pretty hardcore.

Also, what server is people on? I'm on Ner'zhul on Alliance side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
im on Ner'zhul horde

Well then, you 2 must fight to the death now.
diesbudt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #456
tHa ShIzNiT
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacp View Post
So its been a week a lots to update! Darkmoon Faire is here. I've always been partial to the Five Thunders set, because it was what my first character wore. I never really raided seriously with my first shaman, and it wasn't until I played my druid that I got into high level raiding, but for the first 6 months of my WoW career, I wore the Elements set, and then the Five Thunders when I upgraded. So I made a plan to swipe all 8 transmog pieces at once this week.

It involves making 6 alts. Four alts will level to 6 and collect 55 darkmoon pieces and turn them in for the boots, hands, wrists, and belts. Two alts will level to 15 and collect 75 darkmoon pieces (by turning in the dungeon quest items) to get the kilt and chest. Finally, my main is going to collect 150 pieces and turn those in for the head and shoulders. I have already made all my alts and leveled them so all I need to do is log in every day and spend one hour doing darkmoon dailies. Oh the joy

Second, I started doing my dailies last week. I'm up to honored with Golden Lotus and now I'm trying to figure out how to spend my time. I think the most efficient way to do this is to get revered with the Golden Lotus, Honored with Shado-Pan, and Honored with the Klaxxi. I'm already almost honored with Shado-Pan, so getting revered with the Golden Lotus opens me up to three new pieces of valor gear; shoulders, chest, and back. With the new LFR raid coming up that rewards 483 gear, I think it is wise to stop at that and hold off on getting tired of the game from too many dailies.
in regards to getting your transmog set, cant you just raid old dungeons for that? Or is the darkmoon faire the only way? I might look into that as well.
tHa ShIzNiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #457
Anubis
No Lifer

i really wish they would change the Main hand vs 1 hand thing for transmog
i want my caster wep to look like the Runesword of the Red FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

busted my ass getting the damn thing back at 60, i shoudl be able to transmog it to but NOOOOOOOO its a "main hand"
Old 11-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #458
4eigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesbudt View Post
Well then, you 2 must fight to the death now.
We probably already have. I've been on Nerzhul since January '05.
4eigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #459
Anubis
No Lifer

possibily, i came over in 08
Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #460
Xonim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHa ShIzNiT View Post
in regards to getting your transmog set, cant you just raid old dungeons for that? Or is the darkmoon faire the only way? I might look into that as well.
I don't know what the five thunders set is, which means it's probably the dungeon 0 shaman set from vanilla (I play alliance, we didn't have shaman then). If that's correct, then the DMF is the only way to acquire those anymore since they revamped the old dungeons / leveling zones.

I got my mage to 473 ilvl this weekend from hitting GL exalted, buying VP bracers, and then shelling out 24k + for Serpents cards to get the DMF trinket. It's BiS through at least heroic Heart of Fear, so I'll be using it for a while, figured it's worth it. Have tons of potions and flasks and will be using my ridiculous amount of cooking materials tonight to make buff food for first raid on Wednesday.

Definitely starting to feel burnout from dailies -- I've been doing 4-5 sets on my mage every day (GL, SP, AC, Cloud Serpent, and Tillers), plus Klaxxi about every other day on my rogue, and Tillers on both my rogue and warrior. Going to stop Tillers dailies on my rogue/warrior at revered, and just plant mote of harmony plants. Warrior is a blacksmith, so I can use them there, rogue can use them to buy golden lotus to supply flasks.

Leveled warlock from 86.5 to 88 this weekend. It's my tailor, and I want 28 slot bags on my mage, which is the ONLY reason I'm leveling it. I have 40 imperial silk after today, with mats for another 40. I figure by the time I hit 90, grind GL to revered, and then AC to exalted, I'll have enough for 6-7, maybe 8 bags. Then I *might* level my druid (LWer) since it's 86 already. We'll see. I want all the professions and cool stuff from them, but I didn't want to level more than my mage/rogue and I'm already past that because of profs.
Xonim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #461
tHa ShIzNiT
Golden Member

damn, I'd like to get that darkmoon transmog set myself but I guess I'd need to make a ton of mage alts in order to get them...because when I look at the vendor on my mage it only shows the mage sets. and I'll never get that many tickets because I already need to buy like 5 pets and 5 mounts before that, which will take probably an entire year to do. I'll have to settle for my Tier 6 transmog, which looks amazing IMO.

my mage is at 483 ilvl now (/flex). I also bought the darkmoon card yesterday...I was about to buy all the cards and make it myself (at around 27k) but someone put up the finished trinket for 23k so I just bought that.

finished klaxxi and GL recently, thank god. finished Tillers a while ago and also got to best friends with all the tillers guys this weekend (thanks dark soil). Now I'm working on getting the mats together to make all the stupid banquets you need to make for every type of cooking. The mats to finish those alone are probably worth literally 10k gold.

my dailies now consist of AC, SP, Anglers, then Cloud Serpents if I have the will. I did all those on saturday and sunday and then spent the rest of the day doing a little pvp and solo'ing some old raids. Did some AQ...I hit a wall at C'Thun though, but it was still fun and I got a couple achievs and hopefully some stuff to sell on AH. also did the argent tournament this weekend...and a ton of pet battles. got my main pets to level 25 and I have caught almost every catchable pet in the wild.

Last edited by tHa ShIzNiT; 11-05-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #462
tHa ShIzNiT
Golden Member

whoa, I just had a breakthrough. do darkmoon on my alts and get the pets and mounts. then use my main's tickets for xmog sets.

ok new plan, i'm gonna buy all the turnin items from AH for all my alts and get those pets that way...ah, thanks for inspiring me AT forums!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #463
Anubis
No Lifer

i have evey set back to TBC saved on my lock. & the AQ set lol its eating up my entire void storage

as for teh vendor only showing mage set items there should be a dropdown at the top of the vendor window that says "mage" you can change that to any class you want or to "all"
Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #464
Xonim

Quote:
damn, I'd like to get that darkmoon transmog set myself but I guess I'd need to make a ton of mage alts in order to get them...because when I look at the vendor on my mage it only shows the mage sets.
Can you change the dropdown on the top of the vendor window to show "all" instead of just "mage"?

Quote:
my mage is at 483 ilvl now (/flex). I also bought the darkmoon card yesterday...I was about to buy all the cards and make it myself (at around 27k) but someone put up the finished trinket for 23k so I just bought that.
Wow, really?! The decks are selling for 35k, and the finished trinkets for 40k on my server. Jeeze! I spent about 24k on all the cards for mine, had I waited a day and known that a couple people were going to undercut massively (the ace and four are pretty rare on my server, lots of people spamming /trade missing only those two, I spent 8750 on those two alone), I could have done it for under 20. Ahh well.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #465
Anubis
No Lifer

they are over 50k on ner'zhul horde for a finished deck
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #466
tHa ShIzNiT
Golden Member

ahh, good idea folks I forgot about that pulldown. perhaps you can buy the pieces for every class on there.

yeah I'm on illidan, huge population drives all the prices down. I probably could have saved money by waiting too.

also, I wanted to mention that I now own a ghost pet named Tupac. and he's a pretty badass fighter.

Here's my main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oopee/advanced
Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #467
Sixguns
Platinum Member

Blackhand they are selling for 80k and up. Cards arent going for any less than 7k a piece

Sixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #468
Soccerman06
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
i really wish they would change the Main hand vs 1 hand thing for transmog
i want my caster wep to look like the Runesword of the Red FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

busted my ass getting the damn thing back at 60, i shoudl be able to transmog it to but NOOOOOOOO its a "main hand"
My god damn staff of zergling was so much better than that.
Steam: soccerman05
Soccerman06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #469
Anubis
No Lifer

staff of zergling?

you dont mean zhar'doom do you?

runesword is cool because of its glow and its HUGE, it and CTS are 2 of the the largest 1h weps.

is CTS main hand? guess i could start farming BWL for it if its not

have more beefs with xmog as well. i should be able to make my dagger look like an axe if i wanted to, and my staff look like a 2H sword. really feel they dropped the ball on this

Last edited by Anubis; 11-05-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #470
diesbudt
Diamond Member

So I have a tragic story for everyone to listen to.

Back in patch tier 8 with Wotlk, I turned my paladin into a prot. Paladin to solo old raids.

Probably 2-3 times a month, he soloed Molten core. (for about 30 times)
In cata, Molten core got easier. Ran it each week quickly, for about a full year (50 times ish)

Well this weekend. I decided for the first time to run it through with my monk.... and the legendary drop eye of ragnaros drops.

...monks cannot use 2-h maces.

diesbudt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #471
Xonim

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesbudt View Post
Probably 2-3 times a month, he soloed Molten core. (for about 30 times) In cata, Molten core got easier. Ran it each week quickly, for about a full year (50 times ish) Well this weekend. I decided for the first time to run it through with my monk.... and the legendary drop eye of ragnaros drops.

...monks cannot use 2-h maces.
I would be on the other side of furious.

I actually was running forever on my warrior for the eye, though I wouldn't be unhappy with Thunderfury if that had happened. First run through on my paladin for judgement legs, the eye dropped, and my legs dropped. Then I realized Hand of Rag just goes with judgement so well, and I'd rather have it on my paladin anyway

On the bright side, doesn't really matter since you can't transmog to it anyway. It's like having glaives -- yeah, they're sweet, they're in my bags and I equip them sometimes just for show (glaives + bloodfang = win), but I do something like 1/3 the dps with them equipped.

EDIT: So don't know why I just thought of this, I wish they'd make legendaries scale to level. That'd be awesome!

Last edited by Xonim; 11-05-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #472
tHa ShIzNiT
Golden Member

Are any of these old raids worth it for making money? I was sitting on like 70k for a long time and after buying the trinket and a bunch of other crap I'm down near 30k and feelin like a broke-ass.

Anyone share some gold making ideas?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #473
Xonim

Quote:
Are any of these old raids worth it for making money? I was sitting on like 70k for a long time and after buying the trinket and a bunch of other crap I'm down near 30k and feelin like a broke-ass.

Anyone share some gold making ideas?
They nerfed the gold drops some time ago. You used to be able to get ~2k per MC clear between gold drops, selling BoE bracers/belts, and then DEing/selling mats from the greens. You still get the bracers/belts and the DE mats, but the gold drops are only a gold or two per boss.

I had around 140k on my mage a few weeks ago, then I bought the grand expedition yak (108k) and the serpents deck (24k), and now I'm pretty much broke. I'm in the same boat. I don't know what professions you have access to, but here's my ideas for now (long!):

#1 suggestion: Farming/cooking: The vegetables sell for a crapton,especially the ones used in the 575+ banquets. If you don't need them, sell them. If on your server they don't sell well enough, get Tillers revered and plant the seed that gives you motes of harmony. Trade spirits for 3x golden lotus at the city in the Vale, sell for ~100g each or use in flasks. 5 minutes daily.

#2 suggestion: Fishing: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Self explanatory.

#3 suggestion: Level alts. Alts are SUPER profitable. 85 to 90 on the 3 characters I've done has netted somewhere around 7k in quest rewards and vendored soulbound items, and I've been DEing ALL BoE's to this point. Subtract 2500g for Pandaria flying, you're still left with 4.5k. Not a lot of gold per hour, but if you were going to level them anyway......

#4 (mage only) Sell ports if you're just standing in a city. On my server, people just spam "WTB port to Shatt" since CRZ was implemented and the blasted lands portal is being camped endlessly. I haven't gotten a tip less than 50g since CRZ was implemented, they invite/come to me, I cast my portal and drop group after they pay. 50g / minute for standing where I was anyway.

#5 -- dont' buy stuff. That's how I got all my gold in the first place, I never bought anything. I have access too 525+ of all professions except inscription (325 currently, monk only level 52). Helps not having to buy gems (although i do right now since I haven't leveled my JCer), or buy mats/tip enchanters, or buy any of the things listed below.

Other professions:

Blacksmithing: Living steel belt buckles sell for ~100g premium over the cost of a living steel bar. Probably could sell 4-5 per day without flooding the market. Might take 5 minutes. I'm thinking the ilvl 450 tank gear and the pvp gear is probably flooded because it's how you level to 600, but if you're tillers exalted and can get lots of spirits, you could probably sell a couple of the ilvl 476 BoE's each week.

Engineering: SOL. Markets are flooded with the dragonling trinket, best you can do is drop your blingatron daily and hope for the 200g vendor item. I've gotten it a couple times. Might want to check on cogwheels, I think hit/crit would be most popular.

JCing: Lots of money to be made here. I mean LOTS of money to be made here. A guy in my guild is extremely good at it, paid for an expedition yak and two darkmoon decks plus 50k in under two weeks. I'm not sure what his cutoff is on ore prices, it was all 50g/stack or so when I prospected 100+ stacks for him (got paid 1000g for doing so). Convert green gems to rings/necks, sell blue quality and DE others. Use xmute spec alchemist to make meta gems from blue gems, cut & sell. Colors of green quality you don't use, cut and sell perfects, vendor the regulars. This worked a couple weeks ago, I don't know if it's died down or not. He spent 4000g on ore, left with 16k profit overnight.

Inscription: The ilvl 476 fans (best OH through MV), and shoulder enchants. Most of all, darkmoon cards. But don't sell the cards, trade until you get decks and sell those. People pay more to not have to deal with finishing it themselves. The actual glyph market sucks because there's sooooooooooo many scribes, and now that you only have to learn a glyph once, not as many sell. I'm generally undercut within 15 minutes.

Enchanting: Haven't found it. Mats are plentiful, I've got hundreds of dusts sitting in my bank and I've already converted hundreds more. I did get tipped 1000g for doing the caster +intellect weapon enchant. People seem to have extra money and tip well, at least on my server. Check the cost of shards vs sha crystals, if you can make a profit by doing the once daily transmute, do it!

Leatherworking: Like blacksmithing, your best bet is going to probably be the BoE ilvl 476 items. Also, leg enchants, but the market tends to be saturated with those.

Alchemy: Transmute 60 ghost iron bars to 6 trillium bars (250g in ore on my server), transmute to living steel and sell for 400g+. Only can do once daily though. Flasks -- I can get roughly 30g per flask in profit on certain flasks, mostly the agility ones. I'm sure mana potions probably sell fairly well also. Not a lot of profit on each, but you can get rid of high volumes on raid nights. I don't know, but on PVE servers I think potion of treasure finding would still sell well because of people farming that area in deepholm that gives absurd amounts of embersilk. It's a giant gankfest in pvp servers, so I can't imagine it sells for much there, but you know, worth checking out.

Tailoring: OLD BAGS. Embersilk bags (20 slotters) sell for 350g+ in a heartbeat. If you're trying for glaives in BT, save the netherweave and make the 16 slotters at 25-30g per. This is usually profitable even if you buy the cloth. Also, ilvl 476 BoE's and spellthreads. Specialty bags (enchanting especially, definitely cooking bags when released in 5.1). If on a PVE server, buy/make potion of treasure finding and go to deepholm. There's a place with rapidly respawning, large numbers of mobs. AOE them down with the potion of treasure finding, loot, and sell embersilk. Before CRZ, I averaged 40 stacks of cloth and 600g in cash + vendor drops per hour when I did this. Even now on my server, cloth sells for 70g/stack, bringing the total to 3400g per hour. Now with CRZ, it may be overfarmed, and on a pvp server will not be worth the time.

Skinning: Follow people around in the Vale on the days where the dailies are at Mistfall villiage. The best day is when the gazelle meat quest is up. Just follow people and skin EVERYTHING. I've gotten 25-30 stacks in an hour, and even though they're only selling for ~50g/stack now, at 25 stacks that's 1250g. Not excellent, but not horrible for an hour.

Last edited by Xonim; 11-05-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #474
Anubis
No Lifer

so whats the deal with the cross realm zones. ive heard people talk about them but how the F do they work, is its just there all the time?

totally confused and in the dark about this

herbing and mining make a f ton of money if you dont plan on using the mats, its the only reason i leveled a DK in wrath - faster flying - dual gathering, just raked in the gold

if you have a high enough lvl enchanter, stop selling the greens/blues you get from everything, DE them all and sell the mats
Old 11-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #475
rh71
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
how do you do the worthy challenge quests? http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32007

how do you "activate the challenger's orb"? I don't see any orb anywhere.
anybody? This is a daily, 80 valor to be had.