Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Hardware and Technology > CPUs and Overclocking

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #26
frozentundra123456
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokies83 View Post
Pretty much Unless your doing nothing but heavy multi threaded Tasks on an EXTREME Budget And already have an AM3+ board.

And do not have a Microcenter Near by to get a 2700k for 229$.../ 3770k 269$ With the 50$ off MB deal and 20$ rebate on the board...
Come on guys, I am no AMD fan and get frustrated with the incessant promoting of AMD by some on these forums. But lets be fair, Vishera is far from useless. It is quite good for certain very specific tasks, and adequate for others.

In most cases, I still feel an i5 or i7 is superior, because it offers equal or better performance at a much lower power use for the majority of tasks. Personally, the only CPU heavy task I do is gaming, so I would not consider AMD over an i5 under any circumstance, but it is still an adequate processer, there are just better alternatives in most cases.

If I wanted to buy an 8350, I would also wait for a few months. I would anticipate that the price will come down eventually, and that Microcenter will offer deals as well.
frozentundra123456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #27
hokies83
Senior Member
 
hokies83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozentundra123456 View Post
Come on guys, I am no AMD fan and get frustrated with the incessant promoting of AMD by some on these forums. But lets be fair, Vishera is far from useless. It is quite good for certain very specific tasks, and adequate for others.

In most cases, I still feel an i5 or i7 is superior, because it offers equal or better performance at a much lower power use for the majority of tasks. Personally, the only CPU heavy task I do is gaming, so I would not consider AMD over an i5 under any circumstance, but it is still an adequate processer, there are just better alternatives in most cases.

If I wanted to buy an 8350, I would also wait for a few months. I would anticipate that the price will come down eventually, and that Microcenter will offer deals as well.
If a 2600k/2700 are any where near the same price it makes the 8350 useless as they both crush it clock for clock.

I am now putting a better cooler on my i5 750 and going to OC to 4.2ghzish " My HTPC "
Then throw a Gtx 560 ti in it.. That i had in the closet And watch it out perform the 8350 in every game besides BF3.



__________________
MM Ascension
Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3
I7 3770k 5.1ghz 24/7 with H100
G Skill Trident X series 2500mhz 2x4gb 2x Gtx 680 1350mhz/+500 mem
G19 kb m57 mouse
Bose companion 3 speakers Yamakasi Catleap 2560x1440 Ips

Last edited by hokies83; 10-27-2012 at 05:23 PM.
hokies83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #28
AnonymouseUser
Diamond Member
 
AnonymouseUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 8,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozentundra123456 View Post
and that Microcenter will offer deals as well.
They already do have Vishera bundles. The cheapest FX 8350 + mobo is $235.
__________________
NSA Homeland Security PRISM Denial of service Malware Trojan Keylogger Cyber Command
2600 Backpack Phishing Rootkit Agro Eco terrorism Conventional weapon
Target Weapons grade Dirty bomb Enriched Nuclear Chemical Biological weapon Black out
Pressure Cooker Grid Power Smart Body scanner Electric Failure Ammonium nitrate Brown Out
Bridge Organized crime National security State emergency Security Breach Threat Standoff
SWAT Screening Virus Environmental Terrorist Dock
AnonymouseUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #29
Rvenger
VC&G Moderator
 
Rvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokies83 View Post
If a 2600k/2700 are any where near the same price it makes the 8350 useless as they both crush it clock for clock.

I am now putting a better cooler on my i5 750 and going to OC to 4.2ghzish " My HTPC "
Then throw a Gtx 560 ti in it.. That i had in the closet And watch it out perform the 8350 in every game besides BF3.


Anand already showed that the FX 8350 is faster than an i7-920, I don't know where you are getting a dual core 1st gen i5 is faster.
__________________
i7-4770k @ 4.2ghz - Asus Z97-A - 16gb GSkill 2133mhz - Visiontek R9 290 - 256gb Adata SP900 - 1tb Seagate XT- NZXT 850w Modular PSU - CM Storm Stryker

Last edited by Rvenger; 10-27-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Rvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #30
hokies83
Senior Member
 
hokies83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvenger View Post
Anand already showed that the FX 8350 is faster than an i7-920, I don't know where you are getting a dual core 1st gen i5 is faster.
Lmao... That is a Quad core i5...

And im going to crush the 8350 pretty hard with it gaming wise..

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/697?vs=191

I got 1400mhz of OC room the 8350 only has about 800mhz

8350 is only even with a i7 920 clock for clock.
__________________
MM Ascension
Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3
I7 3770k 5.1ghz 24/7 with H100
G Skill Trident X series 2500mhz 2x4gb 2x Gtx 680 1350mhz/+500 mem
G19 kb m57 mouse
Bose companion 3 speakers Yamakasi Catleap 2560x1440 Ips
hokies83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #31
Rvenger
VC&G Moderator
 
Rvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokies83 View Post
Lmao... That is a Quad core i5...

And im going to crush the 8350 pretty hard with it gaming wise..

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/697?vs=191

I got 1400mhz of OC room the 8350 only has about 800mhz

8350 is only even with a i7 920 clock for clock.

My bad I guess I was thinking of an i5 650
__________________
i7-4770k @ 4.2ghz - Asus Z97-A - 16gb GSkill 2133mhz - Visiontek R9 290 - 256gb Adata SP900 - 1tb Seagate XT- NZXT 850w Modular PSU - CM Storm Stryker
Rvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #32
DeeDot78
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 77
Default

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cpu/46...x-8350/?page=5
DeeDot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:03 AM   #33
DeeDot78
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 77
Default

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages..._review,1.html
DeeDot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #34
DeeDot78
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 77
Default

http://www.technic3d.com/review/cpu-...-vishera/1.htm
DeeDot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:14 AM   #35
DeeDot78
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 77
Default

http://www.techwarelabs.com/amd-fx-8...iver-review/8/
DeeDot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #36
frozentundra123456
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokies83 View Post
Lmao... That is a Quad core i5...

And im going to crush the 8350 pretty hard with it gaming wise..

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/697?vs=191

I got 1400mhz of OC room the 8350 only has about 800mhz

8350 is only even with a i7 920 clock for clock.
For gaming, I would only consider Intel. But there are some productivity apps where vishera is competitive.
frozentundra123456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.