· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
tinpanalley

Default Charging for multiple devices (Europe)

I'm looking for a charging device that will allow you to charge more than one item from the same dock. This is primarily for microUSB, miniUSB, and USB devices (phones, tablets, etc). If it was travel friendly that would be a bonus. I've been using iGo and their tips for several years in the US but I've now moved to France and using an adapter on this US device seems to be affecting the ability of the phones to be charged quickly. In any event, it's old, has served it's time and I'd like something new.

Can anyone in France recommend a new product I can look for that will not only charge more than one phone at a time but will also work when travelling (car/other countries)?

Consequently, I have a power related question which is related. Is there any reason why charging via USB2.0 might be bad for devices, cables etc at all? Is it slower than a regular plug? Less effective? Does it adversely affect batteries or battery life?

THANKS!!!
tinpanalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Eureka
Diamond Member

This might be better suited for the mobile section of this forum.

They make portable battery chargers with interchangeable tips. Mine does micro, mini, USB, samsung, and iphone. It has a ~5000mAh battery which after losses is good for about 2 full phone charges. It recharges through the same USB cable, which you can then plug into a wall or car charger. Just charge it up every night. Mine has two ports for simultaneous charging, but only comes with one cable.

USB 2.0 is not bad for devices, but is much slower, I believe. Should not affect your device.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
tinpanalley

Sorry about posting in the wrong place. I thought this was more a power supply thing.
Who makes your charger, would love to explore it.
tinpanalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Eureka
Diamond Member

They're very common, mostly made in China. Mine was bought in China so I have no resources for you, but monoprice has a similar one:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Dealextreme will probably carry them for cheaper but you will have to wait for shipping out of Asia.

EDIT: This is the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...YG3C0RK1XZJ6MP

Chinese quality, but I bought it for around $10 USD.

Last edited by Eureka; 11-02-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote