· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #26
a777pilot
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerD View Post
How disingenuous of you to make the "O'Bummer/ Mooslim" comment. I expect better from a Marine.

We should NEVER have gotten involved in Egypt, Libya, or Syria...but, apparently, we didn't learn from Vietnam...(as is evidenced by our involvement in Iraq. If only Bush had been as smart as his daddy.)

When the fuck is the US Government gonna learn that we should NOT try to be the world's police force?
Let's see.

We won in Vietnam then the Democrats gave it away.

Bush(41) had the greatest opportunity ever, to change the world for the better and failed to take it. (See if you can figure that one out.)

Clinton could have ended bin Laden and failed.

Bush had an opportunity to end the war on terror by a victory but didn't.

This current Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, will only support those things that might keep him in office and those things that will enhance to power of that so call religion, islam.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #27
BoomerD
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
Let's see.

We won in Vietnam then the Democrats gave it away.

Bush(41) had the greatest opportunity ever, to change the world for the better and failed to take it. (See if you can figure that one out.)

Clinton could have ended bin Laden and failed.

Bush had an opportunity to end the war on terror by a victory but didn't.

This current Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, will only support those things that might keep him in office and those things that will enhance to power of that so call religion, islam.
1) Hard to blame the Democrats for the final outcome in Vietnam when Nixon was president at the end...blame the hippies, blame Mom and Dad who didn't want their son drafted and sent to Uncle Sam's Indochina Vacationland, blame the overall lack of support to "do whatever it takes" to win this fucking thing...but the final results lie with Tricky Dicky...

2) Bush Daddy was smart enough to realize what a quagmire we'd be stuck with had we gone into Baghdad and taken out Saddam. Is the world a better place without him? Yes...but the middle east may not be, as he was the only thing keeping Iraq from turning into another Iran.

3) Your memory might be the second shortest thing about you. Remember "Wag the dog?" Any time Clinton TRIED to do anything about Bin Laden, the Republicans screamed about how he was "trying to deflect attention from the Monica scandal."

4) Bush SHOULD never have let his attention wander from Afghanistan...and stayed after Bin Laden instead of getting a big head. "I am a WAR President!" and trying to avenge his daddy in Iraq.

5) IMO, Obama is being controlled...just like most presidents end up being controlled. Eisenhower was right about the "military-industrial complex...as was Gen. Smedley Butler (war is a racket) Too bad no one with any juice ever paid attention to either of them...

I'm NOT an Obama fan...for the first time since I started voting in 1972, I did NOT vote for the Democratic candidate for President. (in 72, I didn't vote for Nixon OR McGovern...I left that blank since I didn't like either one)
BoomerD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #28
a777pilot
Diamond Member

Quote:
1) Hard to blame the Democrats for the final outcome in Vietnam when Nixon was president at the end...blame the hippies, blame Mom and Dad who didn't want their son drafted and sent to Uncle Sam's Indochina Vacationland, blame the overall lack of support to "do whatever it takes" to win this fucking thing...but the final results lie with Tricky Dicky...

Nixon won the war and the Democrats via an amendment that was voted in over President ford's veto gave the South to the North. You could look it up for yourself.

2) Bush Daddy was smart enough to realize what a quagmire we'd be stuck with had we gone into Baghdad and taken out Saddam. Is the world a better place without him? Yes...but the middle east may not be, as he was the only thing keeping Iraq from turning into another Iran.

You have no idea what I was referring to, do you? Think about it. Who knows you might even figure it out.

3) Your memory might be the second shortest thing about you. Remember "Wag the dog?" Any time Clinton TRIED to do anything about Bin Laden, the Republicans screamed about how he was "trying to deflect attention from the Monica scandal."

Clinton was offered bin Laden on a silver plate and he turned it down. That worked well, didn't it?

4) Bush SHOULD never have let his attention wander from Afghanistan...and stayed after Bin Laden instead of getting a big head. "I am a WAR President!" and trying to avenge his daddy in Iraq.

Bush (43) made a multitude of errors. Like not supporting the attack on Tora Bora then staying in Afghanistan. Like disbanding the Iraqi army. Like another Texan, LBJ, tried to have guns and butter at the same time.

5) IMO, Obama is being controlled...just like most presidents end up being controlled. Eisenhower was right about the "military-industrial complex...as was Gen. Smedley Butler (war is a racket) Too bad no one with any juice ever paid attention to either of them...

I agree. They should have listened.

I'm NOT an Obama fan...for the first time since I started voting in 1972, I did NOT vote for the Democratic candidate for President. (in 72, I didn't vote for Nixon OR McGovern...I left that blank since I didn't like either one)

In 1972 I voted for McGovern. Unusual for a Marine Corps Captain. That was also the start of my campaign against the 22d Amendment.
Interesting, this history thing.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #29
BoomerD
Lifer

Quote:
Interesting, this history thing.

Nixon won the war and the Democrats via an amendment that was voted in over President ford's veto gave the South to the North. You could look it up for yourself.

I don't need to look it up. I was there until summer of 72. We won the battles, that's for damned sure, but we had no business trying to save a country that didn't want to be saved. We should never have been there...and if we weren't gonna fight the war to win it, we had no business there.

You have no idea what I was referring to, do you? Think about it. Who knows you might even figure it out.

Not sure what you're referring to on this one.

Clinton was offered bin Laden on a silver plate and he turned it down. That worked well, didn't it?

That's one of the half-truths that circulate. At the time, Osama Bin Forgotten hadn't committed any crimes against US citizens. For Clinton to have killed him would have been wrong. In retrospect...it MIGHT have been a good thing...but the Republicans would have just used that against him anyway.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/01/cli...ing-bin-laden/

Bush (43) made a multitude of errors. Like not supporting the attack on Tora Bora then staying in Afghanistan. Like disbanding the Iraqi army. Like another Texan, LBJ, tried to have guns and butter at the same time.

Agreed.

I agree. They should have listened.

In 1972 I voted for McGovern. Unusual for a Marine Corps Captain. That was also the start of my campaign against the 22d Amendment.

In 1972, I was a Marine Corporal...again.
Remember, the winners write the history books..."we're 0-1-1"...
(can you place that quote?)
BoomerD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #30
Svnla
Lifer

I haven't been to China but I had been to US embassies/consulars in Asia and unless you can fly over the wall, you just could not get pass the front door without inside help.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #31
a777pilot
Diamond Member

Quote:
Remember, the winners write the history books..."we're 0-1-1"...
(can you place that quote?)
Yes, I can.

BUT.....we really are 2-0......and that's the truth.

Truth: It's the new hate speech.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #32
Sacrilege

Can you guys post about Vietnam or whatever in another thread???

There are new developments in the Chen case, and new indications that he was coerced out of the embassy and into Chinese custody to smooth over the situation for Hillary's arrival in China:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/02/world/...sit/index.html

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/po...hreats_to_chen

Quote:
The Chinese activist who walked out of the U.S. Embassy in Beijing on Wednesday after what officials said was a decision he had made on his own said Thursday that he regrets the move and now wants U.S. officials to help get him and his family to the United States.
Quote:
Chen said he did not fully grasp what he was facing when he agreed to abandon the embassy. Chen said he left the embassy only after U.S. officials encouraged him to do so.
Has the Obama administration handed an activist over to the Chinese for expediency and to preserve relations with the principle bank roller of the United States? When this man and his family disappear into an abyss, or worse yet, quickly "dies from a medical condition," will Obama give back his Peace Prize?
Sacrilege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #33
a777pilot
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrilege View Post

There are new developments in the Chen case, and new indications that he was coerced out of the embassy and into Chinese custody to smooth over the situation for Hillary's arrival in China:

Has the Obama administration handed an activist over to the Chinese for expediency and to preserve relations with the principle bank roller of the United States? When this man and his family disappear into an abyss, or worse yet, quickly "dies from a medical condition," will Obama give back his Peace Prize?
Great Idea.

This poor but courageous blind fighter for freedom and justice is just another victim of this Administration's efforts to throw those that speak up under the bus.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #34
senseamp
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrilege View Post

The US didn't hand him over, he left himself because he feared what the Chinese would do to his family. My guess is China will let him and his family leave, since he's less of a headache to them in the US.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #35
Karl Agathon

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke
Karl Agathon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #36
wty

He told Hillary,"I want to see you".
Media said : He told Hillary,"I want to kiss you".
Funny.
wty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #37
JEDIYoda
Lifer

Quote:
LOL!

Internal problem?

So was Egypt, Libya and Syria. I guess if that dissident had been a muslim Obama might have cared.
hahahahaaaaaa...another opinion gone insanely wild..hahaaaa
Old 05-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #38
Thump553
Diamond Member

He's changed his mind again and now wants asylum in the USA.
Thump553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #39
woolfe9999
Diamond Member

Yeah, he wants to board HRC's plane and head to the US with her.

If China opposes this, should be push for it? What if it strains relations?
woolfe9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #40
ichy
Diamond Member

It looks like the Chinese are going to let him leave under the guise of "studying abroad."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/04/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2
“Our belief is not a belief. Our principles are not a faith. We do not rely soley upon science and reason, because these are necessary rather than sufficient factors, but we distrust anything that contradicts science or outrages reason. We may differ on many things, but what we respect is free inquiry, openmindedness, and the pursuit of ideas for their own sake.”
-Christopher Hitchens
ichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #41
senseamp
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichy View Post
It looks like the Chinese are going to let him leave under the guise of "studying abroad."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/04/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2
I guess if Obama takes credit for it, the Republicans will say he's politicizing it, even though they are out there bashing him for it now.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #42
crashtestdummy
Platinum Member

He's gone, with his wife and kids. The Chinese realized he wasn't worth the headache. There are still other relatives and supporters perhaps not so lucky, though:

Quote:
In the two weeks since he left the embassy, Mr. Chen has expressed concern for relatives still at the mercy of local officials in Shandong. American diplomats said Chinese officials rejected a list of 13 people, many of them family members, that Mr. Chen had said he wanted protected from harassment.

A nephew, Chen Kegui, is in police custody accused of slashing and injuring men who broke into his family’s rural home last month in their search for Mr. Chen. The nephew faces a possible death sentence and has been denied access to his lawyers. His father, Chen Guangfu, has said he was tied to a chair and beaten for three days by interrogators seeking information on his brother’s whereabouts.
crashtestdummy is offline   Reply With Quote