· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 04-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #12951
CitizenKain
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampantAndroid View Post
Welcome to the thread. I'm going to guess you haven't been paying much attention. Sorry if I'm wrong, but from my understanding of the whole thing, you've got a bit wrong.

First, he's not self appointed, he was elected.
Second, that being a neighborhood watch person means you want to fight. It doesn't.
Third, that Trayvon, online, pretended to be a gang banger
Fourth, The police noted wounds on Zimmerman.
Fifth (and finally?) He received treatment that night, and sought medical attention the next day. Keep in mind, he was at the police station awaiting the decision on whether they were going to arrest him and charge him for HOURS.
I wasn't aware I needed to keep up a certain number of posts in a thread to appease people like yourself.

So Travyon pretending to be a gang banger online is evidence of him being aggressive, while Zimmerman's history of actually assaulting someone isn't. That is so precious. Are you going to next say that Martin having tattoos is sufficient to him being worthy of being killed? One of them was his Mom's name too. That's pretty hardcore. He also got his picture taken on a horse.

I'm sure he had wounds, you don't attack someone walk away without them. But wounds that are sufficient to stand up to life threatening? If you get hit on the head a lot, like Zimmerman claims, you go to the hospital right away. Not the next day. But, if you don't have those wounds, then you go whenever.

Oh, he sat at the police station for hours after shooting someone? That poor baby.
CitizenKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #12952
OCNewbie
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMPOM View Post
Five foot away or point-blank, standing, backing away from Zimmerman or horizontal in that desperate struggle for the weapon?
The ballistic evidence that I'm gonna assume they did will probably shed light on which one it was. When they say "very close", instead of just "close range", I take that as pretty much point-blank.
OCNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #12953
soundforbjt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosurface View Post
Well that seems a little like splitting hairs to me. I agree that the operator wasn't telling him to follow by saying that, but I think it's certainly reasonable to read it as "okay, we agree he sounds suspicious, keep an eye on him"
From a guy who is making him out to be on drugs, casing houses, etc. Z made him sound as bad as he could, he was "profiling him" in that respect.
If he said I see a kid that I don't know walking on the sidewalk, the dispatcher would have blew him off.

The Heat 106-0-0
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #12954
OCNewbie
Diamond Member

It's peculiar to me how EVERY Zimmerman hater (for lack of a better term) on here is so extremely cynical with their arguments. Not a rational one in the bunch that I've seen.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #12955
Geosurface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundforbjt View Post
I could post one far worse from a Z supporter. But I won't. It's far too racist.
I hear ya.

Keep in mind though, just because a black person dying and getting national attention inevitably brings the scummy racists out of the woodwork to cause trouble, doesn't mean all of us who think Z was in the right here are racists too, even a little bit. Also doesn't mean Z himself is.
Geosurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #12956
Geosurface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCNewbie View Post
It's peculiar to me how EVERY Zimmerman hater (for lack of a better term) on here is so extremely cynical with their arguments. Not a rational one in the bunch that I've seen.
Yea I hate to paint with a broad brush but I've noticed that there is a very high emotion tone to a lot of their posts. They seem like good people, who I am sure I would agree with on just about any other topic... but the posts are just soooo volatile, and they will call someone a racist at the SLIGHTEST opportunity.

They also seem to just have this sort of vague sense that Zimmerman must've been a malicious, murderous racist out for blood. Nothing that comes forward can get them to ease up their view of him and his actions at all.

I mean, on the other hand... a lot of us defending Z acknowledge it's a tragedy, and that Martin was a good kid in many respects. Sure, we point out the thuggery as evidence that viewing him as suspicious isn't totally unreasonable, and that it is at least somewhat believable that he may have indeed attacked Z first.

I'll say it again, I think Martin, although yes he had embraced some thug culture, and thug behavior... and was on a path of delinquency, had a lot of good things about him too. I think he had the capacity to be a very sweet, smart kid. I think he was a bit wayward the last couple of years, but I'd like to think he was going to straighten back out as his mother hoped. He certainly didn't deserve to die, and I wish the gun hadn't been there. I wish it hadn't gone like this.

But when you let your temper explode, and you attack someone... and then you can't even control yourself enough to leave it at a punch, and insist on straddling them and slamming their head on the ground... at that point, I think it's reasonable for your victim to fear for his life and act accordingly. No question about it if you grab at his gun.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #12957
soundforbjt
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't hate Zimmerman, I think he showed very bad judgement and made very stupid decisions which caused the death of an innocent (whether you think he was a thug or not) teenager who was not in the act of commiting any crime. He may not get charged with a crime, but I doubt his dreams of becoming part of law enforcement will ever come true. And he'll be living in constant fear of his identity being discovered.

The Heat 106-0-0
Old 04-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #12958
soundforbjt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yea I hate to paint with a broad brush but I've noticed that there is a very high emotion tone to a lot of their posts. They seem like good people, who I am sure I would agree with on just about any other topic... but the posts are just soooo volatile, and they will call someone a racist at the SLIGHTEST opportunity.

They also seem to just have this sort of vague sense that Zimmerman must've been a malicious, murderous racist out for blood. Nothing that comes forward can get them to ease up their view of him and his actions at all.

I mean, on the other hand... a lot of us defending Z acknowledge it's a tragedy, and that Martin was a good kid in many respects. Sure, we point out the thuggery as evidence that viewing him as suspicious isn't totally unreasonable, and that it is at least somewhat believable that he may have indeed attacked Z first.

I'll say it again, I think Martin, although yes he had embraced some thug culture, and thug behavior... and was on a path of delinquency, had a lot of good things about him too. I think he had the capacity to be a very sweet, smart kid. I think he was a bit wayward the last couple of years, but I'd like to think he was going to straighten back out as his mother hoped. He certainly didn't deserve to die, and I wish the gun hadn't been there. I wish it hadn't gone like this.

But when you let your temper explode, and you attack someone... and then you can't even control yourself enough to leave it at a punch, and insist on straddling them and slamming their head on the ground... at that point, I think it's reasonable for your victim to fear for his life and act accordingly. No question about it if you grab at his gun.
Lots of fantasy & emotion in this part. Not being very objective at all, like you "claim" you are.

The Heat 106-0-0
Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #12959
Geosurface
Banned

Quote:
Lots of fantasy & emotion in this part. Not being very objective at all, like you "claim" you are.
Well that's not fantasy that's Zimmerman's account, such as we have it currently. You may not want to admit it, but Z's account is in fact evidence. He's the best witness we'll ever have to this.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #12960
soundforbjt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well that's not fantasy that's Zimmerman's account, such as we have it currently. You may not want to admit it, but Z's account is in fact evidence. He's the best witness we'll ever have to this.
Not necessarily, we don't know all the evidence yet. He may still be charged and face a trial or he may not. But he'll constantly be looking over his shoulder wondering if he's recognized by someone, he'll be doubly scared of any black people he sees, if he's not charged. I'd be almost willing to bet he'll be divorced by his wife in under a year. I would not want to be Zimmerman under either circumstance.

The Heat 106-0-0
Old 04-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #12961
OCNewbie
Diamond Member

How do you reply to this:

Quote:
With this:

Quote:
But he'll constantly be looking over his shoulder wondering if he's recognized by someone, he'll be doubly scared of any black people he sees, if he's not charged. I'd be almost willing to bet he'll be divorced by his wife in under a year. I would not want to be Zimmerman under either circumstance.
?

That's what I was talking about in my other post about being rational, etc. (even though, in my opinion, you're one of the "TM guys" that isn't 100% rhetoric). I don't see how what you're saying has anything to do with what Geo said. Is the above your desired future for GZ? What does he divorcing his wife have to do with what Geo said? /boggled...
Old 04-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #12962
Geosurface
Banned

Yea I was a little puzzled by that reply too but I just sort of shook my head and decided not to analyze it haha.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #12963
soundforbjt
Diamond Member

Quote:
How do you reply to this:

With this:

?

That's what I was talking about in my other post about being rational, etc. (even though, in my opinion, you're one of the "TM guys" that isn't 100% rhetoric). I don't see how what you're saying has anything to do with what Geo said. Is the above your desired future for GZ? What does he divorcing his wife have to do with what Geo said? /boggled...
Thanks for your selective editing, do you work for Fox News? I notice you leave out where I first replied directly to his post with this:
Quote:
Not necessarily, we don't know all the evidence yet. He may still be charged and face a trial or he may not.
What possible reason would Z have to lie in his testimony? Oh yeah, he could be charged and go to jail. I just did what you guys do, make a rational statement followed by my own specualtion. Now you know how I feel when I read one of your Z supporter posts. And I said she'll probably divorce him, not the other way round.

The Heat 106-0-0

Last edited by soundforbjt; 04-10-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #12964
soundforbjt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yea I was a little puzzled by that reply too but I just sort of shook my head and decided not to analyze it haha.
It should've been obvious to you, you've done it in lots of your posts.

The Heat 106-0-0
Old 04-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #12965
Pens1566
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monovillage View Post
Most likely (at least I took it that way) is that because Holder refused to prosecute the Black Panthers for an alleged case of voter intimidation. Pretty blatant and obvious case. Holder got linked. Here's a single story that predates the Z/M case.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...968458430.html

Lots of other stories from a wide variety of outlets.
Everytime that reference comes up, someone needs reminded that is was Bush admin. DOJ officials that recommended it not be sent to trial. Holder not found.
SP33Demon: Sometimes I wonder if McCain chose Palin so nobody would ever focus on any of his faults. It's like he logged into World of Warcraft and equipped the Shield of Idiotic Absorption, i.e. Palin.
spidey07 The economy did really well under Bush. People want those good times back.
Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #12966
monovillage
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Everytime that reference comes up, someone needs reminded that is was Bush admin. DOJ officials that recommended it not be sent to trial. Holder not found.
from the opinion article in the Wall Street Journal that I linked.
Quote:
President Obama's Justice Department continues to stonewall inquiries about why it dropped a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party.

The episode—which Bartle Bull, a former civil rights lawyer and publisher of the left-wing Village Voice, calls "the most blatant form of voter intimidation I've ever seen"—began on Election Day 2008. Mr. Bull and others witnessed two Black Panthers in paramilitary garb at a polling place near downtown Philadelphia. (Some of this behavior is on YouTube.)

One of them, they say, brandished a nightstick at the entrance and pointed it at voters and both made racial threats. Mr. Bull says he heard one yell "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker!"

In the first week of January, the Justice Department filed a civil lawsuit against the New Black Panther Party and three of its members, saying they violated the 1965 Voting Rights Act by scaring voters with the weapon, uniforms and racial slurs. In March, Mr. Bull submitted an affidavit at Justice's request to support its lawsuit.
How many links do you want that show it was up to Attorney General Holder to prosecute or not?
monovillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #12967
umbrella39
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH2007 View Post
If you'll bear with me, this is where Zimmerman was most likely parked, just north of this address here just before the bend in the road to the right.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1220+T...ida+32771&z=19
His truck was parked next to the mailboxes on Twin Trees right next to the pool/club house some 220 feet to the west and slightly north of where you have it marked.
umbrella39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #12968
soundforbjt
Diamond Member

Quote:

How many links do you want that show it was up to Attorney General Holder to prosecute or not?
You mean this Bartle Bull:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201007080022

Even wikipedia makes no mention of him being a civil rights attorney.

Quote:
Bull was identified as a "civil rights attorney," "Bobby Kennedy's campaign manager in New York state," "Jimmy Carter's campaign manager in New York state," and a "poll watcher that day." Missing from this identification was the fact that Bull was a McCain "poll watcher that day" who pretty intensely dislikes Obama. And, he's figured out a way to tie the New Black Panthers incident to ACORN.
Bull was on Fox & Friends to help them advance the narrative that the decision to drop most of the voter intimidation charges against the New Black Panther Party and some members was racially motivated. Bull did just that. He said that one of the New Black Panther Party members who was present at the Philadelphia polling station told him, "Now you will see what it means to be ruled by the black man, cracker." He went on to claim that he's never seen anything like this before, even in the 1960s when he was involved in the civil rights movements, a claim he's made in the past and one that even some of his supporters have distanced themselves. The chyron during the segment read: "Race related corruption?"

The Heat 106-0-0

Last edited by soundforbjt; 04-10-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #12969
RampantAndroid
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenKain View Post
while Zimmerman's history of actually assaulting someone isn't.
Look it up - charges were dropped.

You ignored the point of my post - you're either ignorant of the facts, or outright pretending they don't exist.
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"
RampantAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:06 AM   #12970
monovillage
Diamond Member

Quote:
You mean this Bartle Bull:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201007080022

Even wikipedia makes no mention of him being a civil rights attorney.
You got mediamatters a bought and paid for media outlet for left-wing views.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nor...polls-november
with a few pics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Bla...imidation_case

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504564_1...81-504564.html

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshge...my_people.html
Quote:
...........who risked all, for my people," said Holder, who is black.

Last edited by monovillage; 04-10-2012 at 02:08 AM.
monovillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #12971
Londo_Jowo
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMPOM View Post
Why are you obeying the rules and not the law? Your double standard is showing.
I'm obeying the terms of my employment, big difference.
Londo_Jowo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #12972
SpatiallyAware
Lifer

Edit: tapatalk pocket post

Last edited by SpatiallyAware; 04-10-2012 at 06:40 AM.
SpatiallyAware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #12973
Geosurface
Banned

I've been trying hard to get a video of the Zimmerman defense team's interview on NBC's Today Show from Saturday with Lester Holt interviewing. It looks as though they appeared again yesterday with David Gregory, found a clip of part of that... but I really want to see the Saturday edition because it's clear there were some good quotes. I saw a little cilp in another vid of it. If anyone finds it, let me know?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #12974
Pens1566
Diamond Member

Quote:

Uh, that doesn't prove anything you've stated. Dig a little deeper. Find out for yourself who recommended the decision, when it was recommended, and get back to us. It's been debated countless times in this forum already, always with the same result. Yet every so often it pops back up like herpes.
SP33Demon: Sometimes I wonder if McCain chose Palin so nobody would ever focus on any of his faults. It's like he logged into World of Warcraft and equipped the Shield of Idiotic Absorption, i.e. Palin.
spidey07 The economy did really well under Bush. People want those good times back.
Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #12975
corwin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londo_Jowo View Post
I'm obeying the terms of my employment, big difference.
Actually your wrong...well if you're referring to Texas at least we did pass the law that you can keep your weapon in your vehicle at work regardless of company policies