· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 04-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #351
Kev
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazaam View Post
im really having a bitch of a time finding an inexpensive ipad case for my mom. it kind of sucks since she really wants the case to be red lol...
What's your definition of inexpensive?

I have this one in black, the red is the same:
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Stan...4074309&sr=8-2

It's very nice.
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #352
Rage187
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazaam View Post
Is there any way to "view image" on google images for iPad? For iPhone you can, same with regular desktop/laptop.
Search for an image.

Don't click on a picture. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the google page and choose Classic mode instead of tablet.

Fixed.
Rage187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #353
vi edit
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage187 View Post
Search for an image.

Don't click on a picture. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the google page and choose Classic mode instead of tablet.

Fixed.
I award you one internet e-beer for this post. Thanks!
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/viedit/guinness.JPG
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #354
Ns1
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vi edit View Post
+1

Rule 813 bro
Ns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #355
Rage187
Lifer

Quote:
More than welcome. How else are we supposed to save funny images to share?
Rage187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #356
vi edit
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage187 View Post
More than welcome. How else are we supposed to save funny images to share?
Oh you can still save them (hold a finger and wait for menu to come up to copy or save) but you couldn't copy the link to them in any way to link back to them.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #357
BabaBooey
Lifer

I did not read through this entire thread but since when does apple make a product larger and heavier than the one is is replacing ?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #358
ManBearPig
Diamond Member

Cheez redux.
ManBearPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #359
vi edit
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaBooey View Post
I did not read through this entire thread but since when does apple make a product larger and heavier than the one is is replacing ?
Iphone 4 was heavier than the 3gs. Any rage there?
Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #360
PeeluckyDuckee
Diamond Member

I wouldn't mind if the next iPad they come out with, the styling is more in line with iPhone 4, where it remains the same thickness but squared off instead of tapered off. The way the iPad is tapered off right now when I hold it I feel it is cutting into my hands, quite uncomfortable. With a Targus Folio case it's MUCH more pleasant to handle.

I can't imagine that Apple would go with a glass back cover like the iPhone 4 does though, that may add a lot of weight to the device. I wouldn't mind to see a thinner bezel in the next iteration.
PeeluckyDuckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #361
mingsoup
Golden Member

Brand new new ipad.
Reading last night. Not even 3 days old. WOW! the bottom looks really pink. The top looks really yellow.
The bottom of my ipad is tinted pink. WELCOME back to the panel lottery. FACK. So facking mad.
Now I either get to live with a 700$ pink and yellow tinted ipad or return. The nearest apple store is 5 hours away. Exchange is not an option. I have to return. Furious. I got rid of my Ipad 2 and waited 5 weeks for this.
The last manufacturer I thought I'd have to do panel lottery with was Apple. But then what do you expect those Retina's are made by SAMSUNG. Buyer beware.
However as usual 95% of consumers of electronics won't notice this, Apple wins. Its feint but its there. I know it. I had no problem like this on my ipad 2. But I noticed it freely on this new ipad.
Oh the joys of consumer electronics.

Last edited by mingsoup; 04-11-2012 at 08:24 AM.
mingsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #362
LookBehindYou
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingsoup View Post
Brand new new ipad.
Reading last night. Not even 3 days old. WOW! the bottom looks really pink. The top looks really yellow.
The bottom of my ipad is tinted pink. WELCOME back to the panel lottery. FACK. So facking mad.
Now I either get to live with a 700$ pink and yellow tinted ipad or return. The nearest apple store is 5 hours away. Exchange is not an option. I have to return. Furious. I got rid of my Ipad 2 and waited 5 weeks for this.
The last manufacturer I thought I'd have to do panel lottery with was Apple. But then what do you expect those Retina's are made by SAMSUNG. Buyer beware.
However as usual 95% of consumers of electronics won't notice this, Apple wins. Its feint but its there. I know it. I had no problem like this on my ipad 2. But I noticed it freely on this new ipad.
Oh the joys of consumer electronics.
That sucks. After you return it, can't you just go to best buy or wally world and get one, that way if you do have to return another one, you can do it there on the spot.
LookBehindYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #363
mingsoup
Golden Member

I would in an instant. However Wally World (Wal_Mart) nor Amazon I don't believe stock the 64gB Wifi Black right now.

Does anyone know when they will?

My return turn around period could border on up to 4 or more weeks. I'm guessing 1 week + to ground ship it back and have them refund. I bought my iPad with a 1-2 week to ship, and it took me approximately 3.5 weeks to receive my ipad. I might be able to get a good ipad before ipad 4. Maybe.
I am *well* versed in panel lottery. I've had 5 plasma's in the past 2 years. I finally settled on one that still wasn't perfect.

I'm going to call support here and see what they have to say. I was thinking it might just be how Apple has it calibrated, reading reports that the ipad sometimes shows pink in the daylight? I also might inquire into an advance RMA. Man I wish I lived near civilization. Note to self for the 10,000th facking time. When purchasing consumer electronics! Do not! buy from anywhere w/o an incredible return policy, aka Costco>Walmart>Amazon. Even Amazon's isn't pristine.
Apple's is 15 days, which is weak.

Last edited by mingsoup; 04-11-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #364
mingsoup
Golden Member

Is the bottom of this picture pink for anyone else. I'm pretty sure the bottom of that image shouldn't be pink! WTF? There is definitely no pink anywhere in the Safari logo. And unless my eyes have gonna totally screwy, the bottom of that icon is incredibly pink.

AHA! I have caught the reviewers at their own game. I've been duped before. All the reviews of the G20 and GT30 were flawless, perfect plasmas. Oh well except for the floating blacks in 2010 and the green blobs in 2011. Now I've found the pink of the new ipad. Call me mad, but Anand's review sample looks even worse than mine.

If Anandtech gets a review sample that is nice and pink like this, what does it mean for the rest of us. I'm calling support tomorrow. That and a Wifi bar which used to be always full and now its just half-way, that I can live with. Pink tinted book pages. Nice.

Last edited by mingsoup; 04-11-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #365
Tyranicus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaBooey View Post
Iphone 4 was heavier than the 3gs. Any rage there?
The iPhone 3G was thicker than the original iPhone also.

Desktop - Gigabyte X58A-UD3R - 3.1GHz i7 950 - 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 1600 - 17.25TB Combined HDD - GTX 670 4GB - OS X 10.9 / Windows 8.1 - Gateway FHD2400 24" 1920x1200 Display - Razer Black Widow Mechanical Keyboard - Logitech Performance MX Mouse
Tyranicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #366
mingsoup
Golden Member

That is lol worthy. Good old lucky #7.
I guess there are perfect ipads out there. richpjr has one. He says so.
What to do. I've been down this road before with plasmas. 5 Plasma's later over the course of two generations, all I had done was lose time and money, exchange old problems for new ones.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #367
MrX8503
Diamond Member

I don't have any pink tint on my iPad 3. You should get yours at a B&M so you can keep exchanging to your heart's content.
MrX8503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #368
mingsoup
Golden Member

Here are my options. My screen is pink on my new ipad. I called apple support and they will exchange it. However, the options are shipping it to them and they ship something back depending on what they deem appropriate. There also is an advance method if you have a credit card, but I don't have one. It's a 650$ temporary charge on the CC. Plus its 30$ shipping for the advance option.

Options:

1) Drive 10 hours round trip to nearest apple store to exchange. Gas money would approach 100$ plus.
2) Send mine back to apple and go without iPad for possibly weeks. I make the gamble on what they would send me back, if its new or not. Or if they would send me a different one at all. You do take this gamble with RMA. Is the unit new, repair, refurb? Its really up to them. I find this option dangerous.
3) Return my ipad for my money back. Buy a new ipad at a closer store such as wally world so I can exchange more rapidly, with less down time, and financial burden. However, local stores do not carry the 64 GB version right now that I am aware of. I would have to step down to 32gb. Not that big of a deal. I use my ipad primarily as a ebook, browser, and rss feed reader.
4) Other option I haven't thought of.
5) Sounds like I've already made up my mind.
6) Live with it.
Thoughts?

Does anyone know when local stores like WalMart and BestBuy and Target will start carrying the 64 GB versions? WalMart has the best return policy correct?

Last edited by mingsoup; 04-12-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #369
SAWYER
Lifer

I have dealt with sending stuff to apple for warranty work multiple times and turn around time from calling to getting my product back is usually a week. I call them, the next day at latest fedex/ups drops off a box with a prepaid over night label and they have your stuff back extremely fast
SAWYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #370
Synomenon
Diamond Member

Finally got one today without visible light showing on any side (after three previous exchanges earlier in the day), BUT it has a stuck bright colored pixel near the middle of the screen. I don't even remember how many times I've exchanged them now. Don't know if I want to exchange it anymore.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #371
LookBehindYou
Platinum Member

Damn. I guess I got lucky on mine. I have noticed zero flaws. Also, if anyone wants a good folio case for cheap, I picked this up yesterday and absolutely love it!

http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Slim-Fit-...4320031&sr=8-1

It works great and the sleep/awake works as well.
LookBehindYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #372
vi edit
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookBehindYou View Post
Damn. I guess I got lucky on mine. I have noticed zero flaws. Also, if anyone wants a good folio case for cheap, I picked this up yesterday and absolutely love it!

http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Slim-Fit-...4320031&sr=8-1

It works great and the sleep/awake works as well.
I grabbed one of those too. Wasn't super happy with it at first, but it's growing on me. I do *A LOT* of landscape browsing at the table and the old Apple supplied case for my 1st gen iPad had an easy way to flip the cover around and tuck it under tab to give an angled display for viewing/typing.

With this you have to pop it out of the tabs and then let it settle into the closing latch. Aside from being a bit of a pain it also bounces a bit when typing. So not real please by that.

But there are other aspects I really do like. I love the elastic strap. It just feels very comfortable using the tablet in portrait mode with that strap over my hand. I never used the device much in that mode until I got this case. Very nice touch.

I also really appreciate the slots that they have built in to make the higher angled landscape settings. It works great, and makes the device very steady when putting the tablet on a table to Facetime.

It's also just a very well constructed product. Great stiching, soft edges, and just a high end "feel" to it. For under $20 it really is a premium feeling cover.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #373
bucwylde23
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synomenon View Post
Finally got one today without visible light showing on any side (after three previous exchanges earlier in the day), BUT it has a stuck bright colored pixel near the middle of the screen. I don't even remember how many times I've exchanged them now. Don't know if I want to exchange it anymore.
Mine has no color defects, however I can see the backlight if i look at the right angle from the side near the top. I don't know if it really bothers me, though.. I only notice it if my wife is using the ipad on the other couch.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #374
bucwylde23
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez View Post
Option #3. But I would suggest you keep the money after get your refund... It's not worth the trouble... I would work on paying off my bill....
Seriously, do you have to keep trolling this thread? Might be the first person I have to block on here.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #375
Ns1
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post
Seriously, do you have to keep trolling this thread? Might be the first person I have to block on here.
my ignore list has grown massively this year.

Old Today, 10:26 AM
Remove user from ignore list
cheez
This message is hidden because cheez is on your ignore list.

Rule 813 bro
Ns1 is offline   Reply With Quote