· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
QueBert
Lifer

Default good new sugar free drinks I tried

I use to destroy at least a 2lt bottle of Coke or Pepsi every day. I cut out Soda with the exception of a diet coke here and there completely. I drink water all day now, but it does get old. At one point I started to really like Crystal Light, but got semi burned out on it. I'm probably way behind the time, but at the store the other day I saw these Crystal Light Mocktails. if they're not new, they're new to me. And finally I can get some sugar free drinks that aren't Lemonade, Tea or some berry flavored (I have berry anything) They're Appletini, Margarita & Mijoto flavored, so they're being marketed as fake alcoholic drinks. Basically Apple, Lime & I guess Mint/Lime for the Mijoto. The Apple ones the only one I had, it was pretty damn good. Tastes like an Apple Jolly Rancher. And with no sugar I don't have to watch it so much like I did with Soda. I don't notice any metallic or funny aftertaste, it was pretty sweet but could be cut with extra water for those who want something lighter. I've found 3 flavors here I'm interested in, but knowing my luck these won't be popular and CL will stop making them in another 5 months lol.

I know a lot of people are wary of all the chemicals in CL, but I can't find a lot of non sugar soda choices out there for the times when I don't want water. I wish CL would make a Watermelon flavor, the Watermelon BCAA drink I have's really great stuff, but it's way too expensive to chug down 4 glasses of a day

They're not usually like hot-hot, but they're like hit it and quit it able.

Last edited by QueBert; 02-29-2012 at 02:15 PM.
QueBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Wyndru
Diamond Member

I love CL products. I too only drink water or CL (I usually make pitchers of lemon iced tea mixed with lemonade). The stuff is really cheap from a wholesale club near me.

I'll have to look for these Mocktails, they sound good.
Wyndru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
elitejp

Those fake sugars are worse than the real sugars in my opinion. Start drinking tea.
elitejp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 AM   #4
QueBert
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitejp View Post
Those fake sugars are worse than the real sugars in my opinion. Start drinking tea.
I only like the flavor of tea with a sweetener in it. And while I don't know if the artificial sweeteners are or aren't any worse for me than regular sugar. I am watching my calories, so a pitcher of real Lemonade would definitely kill my daily macros All my supplements have fake sweeteners of some sort in them so if they are bad for me, that means I'm pretty much screwed. I take about 4 things a day, not including the Crystal Light now.

They're not usually like hot-hot, but they're like hit it and quit it able.

Last edited by QueBert; 03-01-2012 at 04:58 AM.
QueBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
IHateMyJob2004
Lifer

The last time I read up on the sugar alternative in things liek diet Coke, I shrugged my shoulders. My kids don't get diet soda but I don't worry about myhealth when drinking it.

This:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/phenylalanine/AN01552

That said, I do want to cut diet Coke consumption. Actually, I ahve. I have maybe 2-3 cans at night. During the day it is coffee. I don't take in milk though which is bad i suppose. Once i get my weight down, I'll start drinking milk again.
or just download some free music:
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-band-showall.php 100% LEGIT!
IHateMyJob2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
surfsatwerk
Lifer

Splenda and Stevia are great alternatives for those looking to cut real sugar out of your diet.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
CPA
Elite Member

I've been using Mio in my water. Great thing about it is you can easily adjust how much flavor you want.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
smartpatrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitejp View Post
Why? I honestly haven't seen any evidence that fake sugars are bad for you (except for those who are phenylketonurics).
smartpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #9
elitejp

I recently got diagnosed with diabetes. There isnt any real reason it just happened. Ive exercised and been active my entire life not to mention been very meticulous with what i eat and when I eat it. So with that being said my body feels like crap when I tried drinks with artificial sugars in it, worse than if i had the real thing. However I havent really looked into what types of artificial sugars they used. Their has been one drink that says no sugar that doesnt seem to effect me in a negative way, but most of them do, and more so than if I took the real sugar counterpart. Becoming diabetic has made me really sensitive to what sugars are in what and how much. So as surprising at is may sound I would choose real sugar over the fake any day for my body. As for what surf said I would currently agree with him on the stevia, however I havent used it since being diabetic but from what i researched on it beforehand I would suspect it to be a very very good alternative.

In any case take this for what its worth. Peoples bodys are able to handle just about anything you throw at it however this has been my experience and to me its far more valuable than any written double blind study test blah blah blah that has been published.
elitejp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
Wyndru
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsatwerk View Post
Splenda and Stevia are great alternatives for those looking to cut real sugar out of your diet.
I think some of the new Crystal Light blends use Stevia (at least the packages that state "no artificial sweeteners").
Wyndru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
AyashiKaibutsu
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartpatrol View Post
Why? I honestly haven't seen any evidence that fake sugars are bad for you (except for those who are phenylketonurics).
Because someone on the internet told them so, and they really want to believe.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #12
HNNstyle

Gatoraid thirst quencher. One 20 oz thirst quencher has less grams of sugar and less calories then 1 fruit orange.
HNNstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
Bateluer
Lifer

The artificial sugars tend to give me a rubbly stomach, so I avoid them. Refined white sugar too. Natural sugars though, no problems.
Bateluer is online now   Reply With Quote