· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 07-05-2011, 12:09 AM   #26
Jeff7
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperfist View Post
What makes that show crap is they 'get close' to bigfoot and then seemingly don't go in for the kill. If your goal is to find bigfoot then wtf is that you can hear him (or them) but you can't get down to a certain point because it's impenetrable? OMG he's 7' plus, if he can get to a certain area then you can too!
And if they ever did really find a Bigfoot, the show would be over.

As someone said about another quality show, "It's called 'Ghost Hunters', not 'Ghost Finders'."

Last edited by Jeff7; 07-05-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Jeff7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:05 AM   #27
BUTCH1
Lifer

I'm not buying any of it, why?, any species needs a breeding population to survive, you can't just have any "one" of any critter, it's that simple and multiples of any species should make it much easier to spot
Old 07-05-2011, 03:26 AM   #28
Cerpin Taxt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTCH1 View Post
I'm not buying any of it, why?, any species needs a breeding population to survive, you can't just have any "one" of any critter, it's that simple and multiples of any species should make it much easier to spot
I don't think it is a common belief that the sasquatch population is only one animal.

Always nice to meet another solipsist...
Cerpin Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #29
IcePickFreak
Platinum Member

I like the big, long-haired, dude that goes by the name 'Bo-bo'. Who can take someone like that seriously?

The other guy isn't much better when he claims every noise or heat signature in the woods at night is definitive proof of a 'Squatch'.

I thought it was funny as hell though and watched a few of em.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #30
IndyColtsFan
Lifer

I like those shows too, OP. Between the overly dramatic re-enactments, the "experts" who can't see obvious holes in their theories, and the lack of concrete evidence, they're generally good for laughs. Ancient Aliens is one of my favorite comedies on the air now.

I'm just skeptical because no Bigfoot bones have been discovered. Tales of the creature go back hundreds or thousands of years, but without hard evidence count me in the skeptics camp.
MAIN: i7-2600K @ 4.5 Ghz | Asus P8Z68-V Pro | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3-1600 | Seagate 600 series 240 GB SSD (boot) | Samsung Evo 500 GB | 2 TB (data) | MSI Lightning GTX780 | Cosmos S | Dell U2410 and 2001fp | Seasonic Platinum 760 | Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise
IndyColtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #31
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
What makes that show crap is they 'get close' to bigfoot and then seemingly don't go in for the kill. If your goal is to find bigfoot then wtf is that you can hear him (or them) but you can't get down to a certain point because it's impenetrable? OMG he's 7' plus, if he can get to a certain area then you can too!
I agree. Over dramatic for nothing. I prefer the good old 'In Search Of' series. So much a better show.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #32
Jeff7
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePickFreak View Post
I like the big, long-haired, dude that goes by the name 'Bo-bo'. Who can take someone like that seriously?

The other guy isn't much better when he claims every noise or heat signature in the woods at night is definitive proof of a 'Squatch'.

The first thing that came to mind was the "Ghost Hunters" scene in South Park.

"Billy Mays! Noooo!"
Old 07-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #33
Iron Woode
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePickFreak View Post

you mean like the fallen tree that was proof of bigfoot?

those shows are made for the simple minded.

if there was a breeding population, then there would be remains everywhere and constant sightings and photos. Not a few crappy pics and some fake foot prints.

just file bigfoot away with Loch Ness, Chupacabra and flying rods under stupid people believe stupid shit.

When I was four I gave myself a needle and the whole hospital said I got shot when I was 22 and asian. I drove a black honda. - catchphrase

Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves
Iron Woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #34
tboo
Diamond Member

I also enjoy this show. Bo-bo is my favorite. He is like a big stoner bigfoot hunter.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #35
IceBergSLiM
Lifer

http://static2.aintitcool.com/images2007/wwn1.jpg
IceBergSLiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #36
BladeVenom
Lifer

Completely retarded nonsense. I can't believe anyone over the age of ten could take Bigfoot seriously.
BladeVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #37
Gigantopithecus
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeVenom View Post
I can't believe anyone over the age of ten could take Bigfoot seriously.
I take bigfoot seriously because the topic has a lot of relevance to what I research and teach: definitions of science, pseudoscience, and non-science, field primatology, primate behavior and morphology, population dynamics and evolutionary genetics. My Halloween bigfoot lecture packs 'em in.

That said, the show is terrible to the point of being unwatchable. None of the hosts know much of anything about hominoid biology.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #38
IndyColtsFan
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantopithecus View Post
I take bigfoot seriously because the topic has a lot of relevance to what I research and teach: definitions of science, pseudoscience, and non-science, field primatology, primate behavior and morphology, population dynamics and evolutionary genetics. My Halloween bigfoot lecture packs 'em in.

That said, the show is terrible to the point of being unwatchable. None of the hosts know much of anything about hominoid biology.
So is Bigfoot a Gigantopithecus?
MAIN: i7-2600K @ 4.5 Ghz | Asus P8Z68-V Pro | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3-1600 | Seagate 600 series 240 GB SSD (boot) | Samsung Evo 500 GB | 2 TB (data) | MSI Lightning GTX780 | Cosmos S | Dell U2410 and 2001fp | Seasonic Platinum 760 | Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise
Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #39
Gigantopithecus
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan View Post
So is Bigfoot a Gigantopithecus?
No, bigfoot is hypothesized to be the descendent of Gigantopithecus, though. All it would take is a quick trip over Beringia before humans made the same journey! Oh, and the transition from quadrupedalism to bipedalism (again like humans). Oh, and a minimum population size of about 5,000 individuals for at least the last 12,000 or so years, with no remains ever found, and no credible observations ever made.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #40
IndyColtsFan
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantopithecus View Post
No, bigfoot is hypothesized to be the descendent of Gigantopithecus, though. All it would take is a quick trip over Beringia before humans made the same journey! Oh, and the transition from quadrupedalism to bipedalism (again like humans). Oh, and a minimum population size of about 5,000 individuals for at least the last 12,000 or so years, with no remains ever found, and no credible observations ever made.
That's the part I find so amusing. If you've had a sustainable population of these creatures in North America for thousands of years, someone would have found a skull or other strange remains by now.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #41
TheNinja
Lifer

I saw 10 minutes the other day. I thought they had a "squatch" in the car with them. Then I realized it was just that big goofy looking fella with scragly hair.
*`-"-"-' ***************/
**`|__|~-----~|__|
VIVE LES HIPPOS!!!
TheNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #42
tboo
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
I saw 10 minutes the other day. I thought they had a "squatch" in the car with them. Then I realized it was just that big goofy looking fella with scragly hair.
Thats Bo-bo
Old 07-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #43
sactoking
Diamond Member

Maybe bigfoot is real and remains have been found. What if when someone stumbles upon bigfoot remains, "The Man" frames them for murder. Maybe "people" like Caylee Anthony never existed; "her" mom Casey found some bigfoot bones so "The Man" created an elaborate scenario to pin a murder on Casey (to shut her up) and a pathologist working for "The Man" identified the bigfoot bones as belonging to the mythical person "Caylee".
sactoking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #44
IndyColtsFan
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactoking View Post
Maybe bigfoot is real and remains have been found. What if when someone stumbles upon bigfoot remains, "The Man" frames them for murder. Maybe "people" like Caylee Anthony never existed; "her" mom Casey found some bigfoot bones so "The Man" created an elaborate scenario to pin a murder on Casey (to shut her up) and a pathologist working for "The Man" identified the bigfoot bones as belonging to the mythical person "Caylee".
Sounds like a job for the MIB....

Last edited by IndyColtsFan; 07-05-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #45
QueBert
Lifer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL_SL...eature=related

They're not usually like hot-hot, but they're like hit it and quit it able.
QueBert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #46
CZroe
Lifer

Quote:
The thing I saw certainly could get places a man couldn't and being able to do so certainly helps explain how it could be so elusive.

This think leaped up into the air, almost vertically, and landed several yards away inside the hood area of an old broken down car chassis. It then attempted to cover itself with logs that we had leans against it for our clubhouse. It dropped the log and then probably ran when it realized that we were looking at it the whole time (we ran too; didn't look back).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #47
Jeffg010
Diamond Member

Oh yes Bigfoot is for real just look at my link.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093148/

Look here right were I grow up who know I had bigfoot in my back yard.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093148/
Jeffg010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #48
Broheim
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
How can you say that? Loch was proven years ago, pic:

"I ain't giving you no treefiddy you goddam Loch Ness monster! Get your own goddam money!"
Broheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #49
child of wonder
Diamond Member

"I don't understand Bigfoot, therefore aliens."