Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Merchandise and Shopping > Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2014
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
gigahertz20
Golden Member

Default Amazon Prime 2 Day Shipping Free for 1 Year For New or Current Users

Hot deal for those of you that like to do alot of internet shopping as Amazon usually has the best prices for most things and free 2 day shipping is awesome.

Links:
link deleted
http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

In order to get Amazon 1 year of free 2 day shipping, you need an .edu e-mail address to activate it. If you don't have one then just create one using the 1st link above, it works fine, several people have already done it including me. Just make up any info it asks for, the only thing you need to remember is your login name and password to check it.

If you don't have an Amazon account OR if you have an Amazon account but you've never been enrolled in the Student Prime program before, then just go to the 2nd link above and get the Amazon student prime after you get your .edu e-mail address.

But, if you have/had Amazon Student Prime and it's expired or about to expire, or you just want to renew it for a year, then you need to create a new Amazon account. You can use your old .edu e-mail address to activate prime on a new Amazon account, it will still work.

If you want to scam Amazon, that's on you but don't post about it here.

From the Amazon site: To sign up for and use Amazon Student, you must (1) have an Amazon.com account, (2) be a college student actively enrolled in at least one course at a college geographically located in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, (3) be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request and (4) have a valid e-mail address that contains the domain suffix .edu. We may ask you to furnish documentation supporting your eligibility. If you do not provide documentation indicating that you meet the eligibility requirements above, you may be required to reimburse us for benefits you received as a result of your Amazon Student membership.

admin allisolm

Last edited by allisolm; 07-04-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
gevorg
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigahertz20 View Post
Hot deal for those of you that like to do alot of internet shopping as Amazon usually has the best prices for most things and free 2 day shipping is awesome.

Links:
http://my.maricopa.edu/email/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

In order to get Amazon 1 year of free 2 day shipping, you need an .edu e-mail address to activate it. If you don't have one then just create one using the 1st link above, it works fine, several people have already done it including me. Just make up any info it asks for, the only thing you need to remember is your login name and password to check it.

If you don't have an Amazon account OR if you have an Amazon account but you've never been enrolled in the Student Prime program before, then just go to the 2nd link above and get the Amazon student prime after you get your .edu e-mail address.

But, if you have/had Amazon Student Prime and it's expired or about to expire, or you just want to renew it for a year, then you need to create a new Amazon account. You can use your old .edu e-mail address to activate prime on a new Amazon account, it will still work.
I'm not gonna scam Amazon with a fake edu email.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
Graxe

I wouldn't suggest doing this either. I remember once when vaguely reading the terms on Amazon Prime for Students, that they will bill you for shipping costs if they find out you are not a current student. However, I haven't found any evidence that they actively check.

That being said, I do think Amazon Prime is great and if you are an actual student somewhere, you should take advantage of it.

As an example, I bought a cheap exercise bike recently. I ordered on Saturday afternoon and had the box in hand Monday at 4pm. I've only had one or two instances where something took three days to arrive out of more than a dozen purchases with Amazon Prime, most came in two days.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
Craig234
Lifer

A qualifier in the message topic would be helpful.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #5
God Mode
Platinum Member

I was curious why a edu would allow a random person to create an account and checked. WTF kind of email setup asks for a social security #? No thanks.
Closed Thread