Man votes illegally for 40 years, not deported or jailed yet.. guess why?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Ohman… I am going to have to ask my oldest kids SO if he has a green card or automatically became a citizen.

He immigrated legally from Latvia and has an honorable discharge from the US Army after four years.

They have lived here for almost a year now and I've tried to respect their privacy regarding this issue..

If he was a legal permanent resident at time of enlistment he should be able to immediately apply for naturalization on the basis of his service IIRC.

Reactions: iRONic and Indus

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Ohman… I am going to have to ask my oldest kids SO if he has a green card or automatically became a citizen.

He immigrated legally from Latvia and has an honorable discharge from the US Army after four years.

They have lived here for almost a year now and I've tried to respect their privacy regarding this issue..

I've mentioned this before.. but I know a guy who's case was held in limbo for 21 years because an immigration official took the file with him and threw it in the bin.

Parents and kid immigrated 1986. Parents got citizenship in 1992 but he didn't.. some security check. From 1992-2013 There was nothing he could do and by a miracle it was resolved when he was called for citizenship interview.. 20 years just sitting there. Sucks to be a "legal immigrant" sometimes..

So I would definitely try and fix this problem if it still exists rather than ignore it.

Reactions: iRONic

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Thanks! I really like the dude and those two seem like they're a good couple.

Reactions: Indus

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
We could tax income like we used to before it got hoarded at the top. Impose the SS tax on all income, including capital gains, and the contrived SS funding crisis magically disappears. The average American is being setup to be scammed by the rich, again.

Do we also count this additional income for SS benefits purposes? Or is it just taxed and no increased benefits are granted?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That's a reach even for someone as hate filled as you.
You appear to be suffering from a brain injury, would you like someone to call you some help?

Good news it will only take 6 weeks for your medicare advantage plan to pre-approve your visit.

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
Why? He broke the law. I thought right wingers were serious about immigration law?

Are you telling me they are lying hypocrites?
Yes they are and Greenman is the worst. If this was a minority he would be deported asap. Notice old Greenman didn’t like the daca laws comment like other posters. If you are white illegal from non shithole country not poisoning the blood of America you are good to go. Citizenship is optional cause Merica

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
To be clear, I consider time a very crucial factor here.
Sort of like the concept behind a statute of limitations.

I'd apply the same concept for all "illegals".
I still want the border closed and our population growth to end. But that is a question of sustainability and does not change how people already here should be.. handled.
Cruelty for cruelty's sake is just plain stupidity. The people of our country (living here) should be made whole, one way or another.
😂🙄 good luck with the Great Depression and economic collapse of America. You better volunteer to do all the jobs the dirty illegals do in America.

Why would time be an issue for an illegal? Don’t hedge your position. Ban all immigration especially from Europe

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Looks at US population per square mile compared to other nations. Looks back at thread and 😂😂. Maybe there is over population in big cities but most of US is populated by nothing more than dirt and blue sky.
Good, let's leave it that way.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Quite evident the US is infected with the same self destructive degrowth based NIMBYism that the UK is. Their case is just more advanced.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Looks at US population per square mile compared to other nations. Looks back at thread and 😂😂. Maybe there is over population in big cities but most of US is populated by nothing more than dirt and blue sky.
Our big cities aren't even that overpopulated. NYC is probably the exception in that it has density comparable to, or exceeding, other dense cities.

If we built up instead of out, we'd have more "countryside" to enjoy.

Reactions: Pohemi

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I’m for declining population but of a very specific sort. First I’m talking worldwide population because fewer people are easier to support sustainably.

Second I’m talking a very gradual decline where the rate of decline slows (preferably because people are living longer)

Third the rate of decline of worldwide GDP (for lack of a better term) due to declining population should be offset by increasing worker productivity.

As far as immigration goes, let people who meet some basic requirements move where they want.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
I don't get it. This guy should be a dual citizen just like my children are. They have 2 passports.
We went through all the bureaucracies to make that happen.
The denial letter states he hasn't proven that his father had resided in the US for 10 yrs prior to his birth (5 of which must be after his father turned 14). Should be a simple matter to fix, unless his father actually didn't live in the US for the required time.

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
The denial letter states he hasn't proven that his father had resided in the US for 10 yrs prior to his birth (5 of which must be after his father turned 14). Should be a simple matter to fix, unless his father actually didn't live in the US for the required time.
I sure hope an immigration attorney will get it straightened out for this guy.