Man votes illegally for 40 years, not deported or jailed yet.. guess why?

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002

And read the comments..

I'd like to send him to jail and bill him for court costs and deport him and justice applied equally!

Somehow I doubt that's going to happen because of his skin color.

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
I don't get it. This guy should be a dual citizen just like my children are. They have 2 passports.
We went through all the bureaucracies to make that happen.

Reactions: Pohemi

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ Click through, it's viewable on YT.

He might be screwed. Maybe if his situation goes viral enough, he can get some kind of gofundme going to make up the difference, have a trust fund set up to make interval payments rather than some lump sum windfall.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I'd like to send him to jail and bill him for court costs and deport him and justice applied equally!

What exactly are you raging about here? Especially as you follow up in agreement about DACA...am I missing something?

Do you believe he doesn't deserve the benefits he's earned after a lifetime here?

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I like the part where he basically says if he can't get it fixed then "Fuck this place imma move to Canada".

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
What exactly are you raging about here? Especially as you follow up in agreement about DACA...am I missing something?

Do you believe he doesn't deserve the benefits he's earned after a lifetime here?

/faux right wing outrage with a touch of sarcasm.

They sure like to rail on end about shit like this so how about giving them a dose of their own meds.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
A man moved here in '59.
Lived here the entire time. Worked here. Paid taxes here.
Pay him his due, and leave him the fuck alone.
Beyond that, he thought he was a citizen, and he's a former Marine. Guy deserves an apology and his SS money.

Reactions: Pohemi

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Beyond that, he thought he was a citizen, and he's a former Marine. Guy deserves an apology and his SS money.

"ignorance of the law is no excuse."

Just shows you how messed up our migration laws are. Maybe it is time for the politicians to stop using immigration and border policy as a campaign item and maybe work towards fixing it. ;)

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
DACA should solve the problem. However, all the right wingers should be demanding he not get a dime of SS.

Hmmm. Anything different about this case?
To be clear, I consider time a very crucial factor here.
Sort of like the concept behind a statute of limitations.

I'd apply the same concept for all "illegals".
I still want the border closed and our population growth to end. But that is a question of sustainability and does not change how people already here should be.. handled.
Cruelty for cruelty's sake is just plain stupidity. The people of our country (living here) should be made whole, one way or another.

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
To be clear, I consider time a very crucial factor here.
Sort of like the concept behind a statute of limitations.

I'd apply the same concept for all "illegals".
I still want the border closed and our population growth to end. But that is a question of sustainability and does not change how people already here should be.. handled.
Cruelty for cruelty's sake is just plain stupidity. The people of our country (living here) should be made whole, one way or another.

Why do you want population growth to end? Who is going to pay for all those promised social security benefits without new younger workers to pay into it?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Why do you want population growth to end? Who is going to pay for all those promised social security benefits without new younger workers to pay into it?
We could tax income like we used to before it got hoarded at the top. Impose the SS tax on all income, including capital gains, and the contrived SS funding crisis magically disappears. The average American is being setup to be scammed by the rich, again.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Never fear, as I said, cruelty is stupid and the Republican position / methods / ideas for immigration policy are rather bleak in that regard.
So however much I do not agree with Democrats on immigration, there is no viable alternative. Making it a moot point.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
We could tax income like we used to before it got hoarded at the top. Impose the SS tax on all income, including capital gains, and the contrived SS funding crisis magically disappears. The average American is being setup to be scammed by the rich, again.

The party most likely to implement severely restrictionist immigration policy is also liable to cut corporate and high bracket tax rates to effectively near zero if they can.

So basically the worst of both worlds.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
For sustainability. For our survival.
Pyramid schemes will only hurt us in the end. Though I imagine this is a diversion from the original topic.

• Haha

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Ohman… I am going to have to ask my oldest kids SO if he has a green card or automatically became a citizen.

He immigrated legally from Latvia and has an honorable discharge from the US Army after four years.

They have lived here for almost a year now and I've tried to respect their privacy regarding this issue..