FDA scientists have recommended that the federal government remove marijuana from its most restrictive category of drugs.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Thankfully reefer madness is mostly dying out, but man it took a long time to undo the propaganda. Once more boomers die off (those that don't toke up of course) they'll be even less resistance. Good luck to all of you willing to keep building the sand castle walls, the waves aren't going to stop coming in.

Funny how most of them like to bleat about "don't tread on me" but have no qualms about saying the gubmint can control what you ingest and what you do with your body (well, females at any rate). Seeing obesity rates the way they are, how about a license to buy junk food based on your body fat %? Or speaking of drunk driving, mandatory breathalyzers in cars that won't let you drive until you pass. Although we all know that those pouring out a drink just take a "sip" lmfao at that one.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You can take a sip of scotch and be completely sober. You can take a hit of weed and be too stoned to drive or operate heavy machinery in a safe manor. Your mind is too distracted with the mundane, thus the appeal to users.
You can drink a pour of Scotch and definitely be too drunk to drive and kill a young family walking to Sunday school after beating your wife in a whisky fuelled rage.
You can have a small toke of weed and drive to the orphanage to help feed the kids.
Your mind is too full of crap and propaganda for you to think properly.

See other people can play with hyperbolic statements as well!

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
You can vape weed. That's what I do, it's much nicer on your lungs than smoking it.
A bunch of people in the US destroyed their lungs doing that. I know it was an issue with that product, but putting anything in your lungs is bad for them.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
You can drink a pour of Scotch and definitely be too drunk to drive and kill a young family walking to Sunday school after beating your wife in a whisky fuelled rage.
You can have a small toke of weed and drive to the orphanage to help feed the kids.
Your mind is too full of crap and propaganda for you to think properly.

See other people can play with hyperbolic statements as well!
I said sip and you upped it to pour, whatever that means. Maybe you should put down the pipe. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and iRONic

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Except for the open bottle law I think you are confusing 1950's laws and police practices with the present. I practiced law from the mid-70s until a few years ago and never encountered a public intoxication case (or even heard of one). And IMO open bottle laws fit into the same category as possession of stolen property-they sound trivial and picky but are very necessary to prevent socially undesired conduct (theft, robbery and drunk driving).
I knew people in college that got public intox tickets in the early aughts.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
A bunch of people in the US destroyed their lungs doing that. I know it was an issue with that product, but putting anything in your lungs is bad for them.
I assume that you are talking about "wet" vapes with the added chemicals?
You can dry vape weed where you heat the weed up to, say, 180°C and inhale the volatile chemicals given off. That vapour is then cooled before you inhale it. There's not much research done on it but I'm not aware of any cases of lung damage from it.
It's safe to say that its definitely better for you than smoking.

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
You can take a sip of scotch and be completely sober. You can take a hit of weed and be too stoned to drive or operate heavy machinery in a safe manor. Your mind is too distracted with the mundane, thus the appeal to users.
Alcohol is a physical dependence drug, cannabis is not. The problems that pot usage cause, compared to alcohol are nearly nil. Study death/strife that are due to both substances side by side and enlighten yourself.

Reactions: Pohemi and Pens1566

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Someone should tell the Reefer Madness idiot. Oh wait, everyone else in the thread has been already. Will it make a dent? Fuck no. Reality is all a liberal hoax. Or something.

Hence mostly. I wouldn't bother whacking your head against a brick wall arguing. The tide is coming in and there's nothing they can do about it (once the money starts flowing at least!)

MJ it has its roots in racism and ignorance and it was the target of propaganda for decades. That stuff takes a long time to die back (it'll never die out) as people see the truth behind the fear-mongering.

People want to worry about something, worry about fentanyl. Some dude was arrested not far from here with up to 250,000 pills in their house.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Was a big pothead for all my early twenties. Never got pulled over once stoned. Was always driving more careful. Same with my friends at the time. Felix is a waste of oxygen as usual. Why does anyone try to engage with that pure evil? He has the most regressive insane positions on virtually any socio-economic policy or issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickqt

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
This admin really needs to get it's head out of its ass when things like this are going on.

Drug cartels and human traffickers aren’t the only people dodging border patrol officers these days in southern New Mexico. The state’s cannabis businesses — which operate legally under state law — are also desperately trying to evade border checkpoints.

That’s because U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers have seized more than $300,000 of state-licensed cannabis in New Mexico in the last two months. These seizures occurred at border patrol checkpoints, some of which lie as far as 80 miles from the U.S.-Mexico border.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I assume that you are talking about "wet" vapes with the added chemicals?
You can dry vape weed where you heat the weed up to, say, 180°C and inhale the volatile chemicals given off. That vapour is then cooled before you inhale it. There's not much research done on it but I'm not aware of any cases of lung damage from it.
It's safe to say that its definitely better for you than smoking.
Interesting, yeah, I meant out of the wet vaporizers.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Uhh... yea maybe if it was laced with something else. That doesn't happen with legal, regulated marijuana. Thanks for making the case for legalization.

Reactions: Pohemi

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
This admin really needs to get it's head out of its ass when things like this are going on.

Drug cartels and human traffickers aren’t the only people dodging border patrol officers these days in southern New Mexico. The state’s cannabis businesses — which operate legally under state law — are also desperately trying to evade border checkpoints.

That’s because U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers have seized more than $300,000 of state-licensed cannabis in New Mexico in the last two months. These seizures occurred at border patrol checkpoints, some of which lie as far as 80 miles from the U.S.-Mexico border.

- Yeah, they've been doing this for years. I drove out to Florida from SoCal in ~2008-ish to try and see a shuttle launch and imagine my surprise running into a border patrol checkpoint near the I-10 around Las Cruces. I'm like "WTF did I make a wrong turn somewhere?"

BP agent was on a tear, would not believe I was driving to Florda with just a backpack, insisted my car get searched and worked over by a K-9 unit.

Luckily I only had something way more dangerous than weed on me, tobacco cigarettes, otherwise I would have been in real trouble.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
- Yeah, they've been doing this for years. I drove out to Florida from SoCal in ~2008-ish to try and see a shuttle launch and imagine my surprise running into a border patrol checkpoint near the I-10 around Las Cruces. I'm like "WTF did I make a wrong turn somewhere?"

BP agent was on a tear, would not believe I was driving to Florda with just a backpack, insisted my car get searched and worked over by a K-9 unit.

Luckily I only had something way more dangerous than weed on me, tobacco cigarettes, otherwise I would have been in real trouble.

Stay more than 100mi from the border.

Reactions: hal2kilo

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
A little bit. The Medical stuff here always seems a little dry but I've not had much contact with BM buds for awhile!

Some of those ones are massive compared to what I normally get though.
Do you have/want a humidity management system? One of the brands I get has little humidipaks inside the jar, they seem to work pretty well.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I'll have to tr one of those, I have some rechargeable humidity pods but they don't seem to work very well anymore.