10 Year Old Confessed to Cold Blooded Murder at 8 Years Old

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
How does a kid get this screwed up?

And will the Grandfather be charged?
My guess is that it likely involves the parents and what may have happened with them. Apparently he lives with his Grandfather. Why would that be?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Texas doesn’t have much of a penalty for adults allowing kids access to guns. I doubt those yahoos will increase them because guns are more important than their kids.

That grandfather needs to be given max sentence and never be allowed to own a gun again.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
How does a kid get this screwed up?

And will the Grandfather be charged?
At that age I can't imagine the individual has enough awareness of existence to really understand what the action does. That's what, a third grader? The connections aren't there yet. Whoever's gun that is though, they need a whole lot of something.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
This happened in Texas unfortunately. Otherwise I would ask why grandpa-who left a loaded pistol in (an apparently unlocked) glove box when a kid is around was not charged.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
"The boy told investigators his grandfather sold the pistol to a pawn shop in Seguin, "

I haven't seen when or why, but if it were soon after, it hints at the Grandfather knowing what happened.
It more than hints at that in my opinion but it still seems like a separate issue. There is, again in my opinion, something strange going on with this kid. Not just any young boy who might find a loaded gun would wander over somewhere and kill a perfect stranger with it. I would bet this kid was exposed to something terribly traumatic at a younger age or else he is one of a rare number of children who are born incapable of feeling empathy and see living beings as things.

Reactions: Pohemi