TripleAAA
01-24-2003, 07:26 PM
8 Hot Wings for $2.99

20 Hot Wings for $7.49

At your local KFC...

KFC (http://www.kfc.com/)

ScrapSilicon
01-24-2003, 07:44 PM
8 @ $2.99 that's reg price around here..

jkkw
01-24-2003, 07:47 PM
and 30 for 9.99$ :)

TripleAAA
01-24-2003, 09:06 PM
They said it was a Super Bowl special, guess not. :(:o:(;):(:o:(;):(:o:(;):(:o:(;):(:o:(;):(:o:(;):( :o:disgust::D:disgust::o:disgust::D:disgust::o:dis gust::D:disgust::o:disgust:

locutus4
01-24-2003, 10:02 PM
guess what
KFC is can no longer be called Kentucky Fried Chicken, wanna know why? no, you dont.

deramon
01-24-2003, 10:03 PM
But are they any good?

cheapgoose
01-24-2003, 10:05 PM
wish I can do a PM at Popeyes.

Parja
01-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by: locutus4
guess what
KFC is can no longer be called Kentucky Fried Chicken, wanna know why? no, you dont.

They could be if the wanted to be. Heck, they're owned by Pepsi.

By the same token, they call it Kentucky schreit ficken in Germany. :D

sojumk
01-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by: locutus4
guess what

i know why and just because the chicken has a extra breast doesn't mean it's not a chicken L O L
still taste same and good...

was grossed out for only a few sec haha

TripleAAA
01-24-2003, 10:19 PM
I heard they grow chickens from scratch in scientific laboratories...when I mean from scratch it's like you would walk in a see a clump of chicken breast growing in a petri-dish. (petry, petri...i can't spell but you get the point)

DukeOfAnandTech
01-24-2003, 10:44 PM
well, all you heard were lies. Kentucky Fried CHICKEN uses CHICKENS to sell CHICKEN to customers who pay for tubs of CHICKEN.

Sesopedalian
01-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by: TripleAAA
I heard they grow chickens from scratch in scientific laboratories...when I mean from scratch it's like you would walk in a see a clump of chicken breast growing in a petri-dish. (petry, petri...i can't spell but you get the point)

Son, please ask your parents to take you out of that public school.

dafatha00
01-24-2003, 10:50 PM

You heard wrong

snopes (http://snopes.com/horrors/food/kfc.htm)

razorstone
01-24-2003, 10:52 PM
LOL, everytime i see deals about KFC or McDonald chicken nuggets
and some nerds will come out and posted crap about it
if you don't like it, then don't eat. who gives a dam what's in it.

dam simple as that.

FuzzyBee
01-24-2003, 10:53 PM
special != cheaper price.

a freind of mine went to a local buffet monday night, and they had a "MLK day special" - $11.99 for the buffet. Normally, it's $9.99

TripleAAA
01-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by: razorstone
LOL, everytime i see deals about KFC or McDonald chicken nuggets
and some nerds will come out and posted crap about it
if you don't like it, then don't eat. who gives a dam what's in it.

dam simple as that.

Whats funny are the nerds that actually think I'm serious. ;)

Squisher
01-24-2003, 11:58 PM
For a second there I forgot I was in Hot Deals and not OT.

Z80
01-25-2003, 12:06 AM
I normally build my own hot wings i/expressions/rolleye.gif

crypticlogin
01-25-2003, 12:10 AM
8 Hot Wings for $2.99

20 Hot Wings for $7.49

At your local KFC...

KFC (http://www.kfc.com/)
If you're really desperate, I guess this is an OK price (it looks regular price to me, but I don't get the wings too often so I can't say for certain) but if you really want a good deal, place an order at your local supermarket's deli / appy for a platter of wings. It's definitely a YMMV considering how close it is to Superbowl Sunday, but during the regular year, friends have been able to get 100 wing platters for about $20+tax if they called a day ahead. And personally, I think all of the supermarket deli prepared chicken tastes better than from fast food chicken, but that might be a given.

Happy wing eating!

PandaBear
01-25-2003, 12:27 AM
Kind of off topic but they call it "Kentucky Family Chicken" in Chinese for stores in Hong Kong

Family Chicken..... which one is my sister?

ohhenry1
01-25-2003, 02:31 AM
They renamed it KFC because the prominence of the word "Fried" was hurting their business. This change occurred during the 1980s, when fat was the huge enemy (unlike now, when it's carbohydrates).

The change to KFC has *nothing* to do with any legal prohibition against their calling their product "Chicken." That's an urban myth.

If you believed that myth, then perhaps you'll also believe me when I tell you that they removed the word "gullible" from the dictionary.

corinthos
01-25-2003, 02:46 AM
Awww yeah.... that's what I'm talkin about... get some of these along with the 60-piece mcdonalds chicken nuggets deal, plus some 99 cent Whoppers at Booger King, and you got yourself a super bowl feast...

MisfitsFiend
01-25-2003, 08:05 AM
Son, please ask your parents to take you out of that public school.

LOL!!

-mf

LaLaLand
01-25-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by: fuzzy bee
special != cheaper price.

a freind of mine went to a local buffet monday night, and they had a "MLK day special" - $11.99 for the buffet. Normally, it's $9.99

LOL, doesn't surprise me. Wonder if they had a hot deal on watermelon also...

slobbie
01-25-2003, 02:59 PM
In Krogers ad today in Houston Chronicle, they have a special which offers for $6.99 an 8 piece fried chicken meal which includes 4 rolls and a pound of potatoe salad, plus with your Kroger Plus card they will throw in for free 12 wings! Maybe this is good for a Superbowl party! Also have Lay's chips 2 for 1. Ad says offers good thru Tuesday.

Gilby
01-26-2003, 07:40 AM
If you believed that myth, then perhaps you'll also believe me when I tell you that they removed the word "gullible" from the dictionary.

Erm, they did. As of 1992 in all standard English Language Dictionaries, with the OED of course leading the way. Check, you'll see.

Sanjoelo
01-26-2003, 09:15 AM
Perhaps they DID remove "gullible". I wonder if they'll add "erm"? Seems to be prevalent on the 'net these days...

Whether genetically engineered, "rat", or otherwise, doesn't anyone else think that KFC's overcoated, sugar-saturated wings suck?

DogbertFuz
01-26-2003, 03:29 PM
I love hot wings and thanks to this thread an on the way to pick up some RiGHT NOW. Whoot.

Optical
01-26-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by: jbtech
Perhaps they DID remove "gullible". I wonder if they'll add "erm"? Seems to be prevalent on the 'net these days...

Whether genetically engineered, "rat", or otherwise, doesn't anyone else think that KFC's overcoated, sugar-saturated wings suck?

Yes, they do suck. I thought I was the only one find this disguisting. I like the hot wings w/o the sugar crap.

cheetoden
01-26-2003, 04:19 PM
They could be if the wanted to be. Heck, they're owned by Pepsi.

Pepsico spun off all their restaurants a couple years ago into their own company, Tricon. symbol YUM

pannam1
01-27-2003, 01:08 AM
Hey guys... I actually went out and bought these before the superbowl...

The verdict: DAMN, these are GOOD!

Much better than chicken nuggets! I didn't notice any problems with sugar... BTW, KFC has two types of wings: Hot wings and Honey BBQ... I had the hot wings... they were not that hot but I didnt care since I like to dip them my own hot sauce anyway...

I'm definitely going to get these more often.

mrmarc
01-27-2003, 01:11 AM
our kfc in berkeley wasn't even open before the game. considering that we border oakland i'm thinking that people didn't want to show up for work and miss the game.

imported_Mike
01-27-2003, 01:39 AM

lol

Toasthead
01-27-2003, 11:10 AM
Hot wings....yuuuuum

--Toast

Lash444
01-27-2003, 11:26 AM
If you're really desperate, I guess this is an OK price (it looks regular price to me, but I don't get the wings too often so I can't say for certain) but if you really want a good deal, place an order at your local supermarket's deli / appy for a platter of wings. It's definitely a YMMV considering how close it is to Superbowl Sunday, but during the regular year, friends have been able to get 100 wing platters for about $20+tax if they called a day ahead. And personally, I think all of the supermarket deli prepared chicken tastes better than from fast food chicken, but that might be a given.

Happy wing eating!

Absolutely, at our local Krogers they have some of the best wings. I wouldn't eat the stuff at KFC. I can't say what the price of the wings are at Krogers right off hand, but man are they good.

RBC
01-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Actually, the parent company of KFC is now called YUM! Brands (still YUM stock symbol). Tricon changed their name to YUM! 5/20/02 when their added Long John Silvers and A&W Restaurants to the original three brands of KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. They're also into some other stuff too like a Chinese mid-scale joint venture with Chef Martin Yan out in California call Yan-Can, a joint development agreement with Backyard Burger and they own a small chain called Pasta Bravo.