PDA

View Full Version : I put my window down after TINTING! now with pic :(

Techie333
07-10-2002, 07:02 PM
dammit.............im so pissed off right now.......it all happened within like one sec..........i was leaving from a store and someone came out to me to hand me something and I OPENED THE WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!! DAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! !!!!

now there are like 7 lines going through the tint the bottom inch of my car windows......about 30 min after the tint guy just got done saying dont open ur windows for 3 days................IS THIS FIXABLE????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pyonir
07-10-2002, 07:02 PM
i/expressions/rolleye.gif good one.

Yo Ma Ma
07-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Oops! Be careful if someone asks you for the time, make sure you aren't carrying a drink in the hand of the same arm you wear your watch ;)

StattlichPassat
07-10-2002, 07:16 PM
You guys are bad...

Sorry to hear about that, dude- these things happen. Apologize profusely and see if you can get it redone maybe?

NikPreviousAcct
07-10-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by: Techie333
dammit.............im so pissed off right now.......it all happened within like one sec..........i was leaving from a store and someone came out to me to hand me something and I OPENED THE WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!! DAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! !!!! now there are like 7 lines going through the tint the bottom inch of my car windows......about 30 min after the tint guy just got done saying dont open ur windows for 3 days................IS THIS FIXABLE????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. But it requires either stripping and redoing the tint, or getting a new window and retinting. Either way can be kinda spendy. Good luck.

nik

Thegonagle
07-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by: NightFlyerGTI
You guys are bad...

Sorry to hear about that, dude- these things happen. Apologize profusely and see if you can get it redone maybe?

Yep. That's what I'd do. He might "cut" you a good deal on the re-do if you make him share a laugh with you over the situation.

Ameesh
07-10-2002, 07:33 PM
<NELSON> HA HA </NELSON>

Techie333
07-10-2002, 07:35 PM
[Sob, sob, sob] :frown::|:o [/sob, sob, sob]

eLiTeGoodGuy
07-10-2002, 08:13 PM
Go here (http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=38&threadid=825455&highlight_key=y&keyword1=stupid)
:D

J3anyus
07-10-2002, 08:43 PM
Oh man...that sucks. I'd say that you should just go back and ask him if he can give you a good deal. Good luck...

pyonir
07-10-2002, 08:45 PM
you should just buy a roll at your local auto parts store and fix it. can't be that hard right?

:D

dartworth
07-10-2002, 08:48 PM
pics?

Techie333
07-10-2002, 09:17 PM
ok here is the pic (http://www.geocities.com/helpmemytintsucks/tint.html)
I know it looks messy but that is because it has to dry.....anyway.....look towards the bottom.....SEE ALL THOSE DAMN LINES!!!!!!!!

Techie333
07-10-2002, 09:21 PM
wont someone please look

John
07-10-2002, 09:30 PM
bad pic!

Techie333
07-10-2002, 09:31 PM
yhea i know its a bad pic but you can still see the LINES AT THE BOTTOM!!:| :disgust:

BD2003
07-10-2002, 09:32 PM
What the hell is that? The moon? Get a better pic dude!

Techie333
07-10-2002, 09:33 PM
COME OVER HERE AND MAKE ME!

BD2003
07-10-2002, 09:35 PM
Hey, I'm not the dumbass that screwed up his windows.

crawford
07-10-2002, 10:08 PM
hey i did that once, you should at least wait until the 2 days (or however long) until you do anything. it could settle right. thats what happened to me anyway its 5 months later and perfect, and was fine after like 2 days.

whiteboyatcal
07-10-2002, 10:42 PM
There is an easy way to fix the problem. See what happens is the tint is applied using a solution of "soapy water" basically that acts a lubricant to apply the tint and activate the adhesive on the tint. However, until the water completely dries the tint is still sort of moveable on the glass. Go to Walmart or your local auto parts store and you should be able to find a "window tint application kit" in the auto parts section. This kit will include a spray bottle, tint application solution, and a small squegee thingy. It should be about $7. Follow the directions to mix up the applicator solution, then spray it all over the tint and the window until it's SOAKED. This will make the tinting film wet and moveable again. Then take the squegee thingy and start at the top and work your way down the window smoothing the tint against the glass and releasing trapped air bubbles. It's important to do this as soon as possible to ensure that the tint hasn't dried too much. You might hafta spray it a lot, then wait for a little bit and spray it some more to make sure it gets soaked in. Hope that helps.

SWirth86
07-10-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by: BD2003
What the hell is that? The moon? Get a better pic dude!

Nah, looks more like a UFO:D

Gonad the Barbarian
07-10-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by: whiteboyatcal
There is an easy way to fix the problem. See what happens is the tint is applied using a solution of "soapy water" basically that acts a lubricant to apply the tint and activate the adhesive on the tint. However, until the water completely dries the tint is still sort of moveable on the glass. Go to Walmart or your local auto parts store and you should be able to find a "window tint application kit" in the auto parts section. This kit will include a spray bottle, tint application solution, and a small squegee thingy. It should be about $7. Follow the directions to mix up the applicator solution, then spray it all over the tint and the window until it's SOAKED. This will make the tinting film wet and moveable again. Then take the squegee thingy and start at the top and work your way down the window smoothing the tint against the glass and releasing trapped air bubbles. It's important to do this as soon as possible to ensure that the tint hasn't dried too much. You might hafta spray it a lot, then wait for a little bit and spray it some more to make sure it gets soaked in. Hope that helps.

I don't think that's going to work. All the soapy water in the world on the outside of the tint isn't going to loosen its seal to the window. You'll probably just have the window retinted. But it's not that hard, you can probably do it yourself if you can get matching tint.

AntiStatic
07-10-2002, 11:02 PM
how much did it cost to get your windows tinted?

NutBucket
07-11-2002, 12:47 AM
Dude, that sucks big.

Related question: I had my car tinted last friday. I noticed that the back and side windows had quite a few bubbles. The car has been sitting outside and we've had a few hot days and now 85% of the bubbles are gone. Is this "normal"? There are still a few on the back that I'm gonna take care of myself, but I'm wondering if I should go back to the shop to complain.

The_Dude8
07-11-2002, 04:43 AM
the pix looks more like a solar eclipse.
it depends on what kind of film the tinter use, some film last 4-ever and have lifetime gurantee from turning purple, while some film last 2-4 years and then turn purple. the lifetime gurantee film will cost more. i have my car windows tinted back in 1998 on my 91 accord, all 7 windows for around $179. it's illegal to have your front windows tinted though.

nutbucket, it's common that there is still air bubble since the windows were tinted last friday, i would leave the car in the sun for the tint to drive. if there is a lot of airbubble, then the person that tinted your window did not do a good job.

NutBucket
07-11-2002, 10:37 AM
That's what I figured.

geekender
07-11-2002, 10:44 AM
it's illegal to have your front windows tinted though.

Varies by state law.

PaNsyBoy8
07-11-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by: geekender

it's illegal to have your front windows tinted though.

Varies by state law.

Actually, I think Navada is the only state that allows it, i could be wrong tho

Techie333
07-11-2002, 08:22 PM
First of all I am happy cause IT CLEARED UP! YYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And second, in Florida ur allowed to get 30% shade for front windows and 15% for back thank god? Do you know how hot it gets here..........i step in the car after about 1 hour of leaving it outside and its prob over 130!!! MAYBE...anyway............mines is mirror tint and I got 21% ALL AROUND.......YES I KNOW.........ITS ILLEGAL.........but I've been looking at cars for the past week and like 30% of the tinted cars have illegal tint cause I can't even see into them.............also I got LIFETIME WARRANTY and got it all done for ONLY $100 (3 car deal w/ friends).......:):):):)

BD2003
07-11-2002, 08:23 PM
Dude, maybe you should have bought some ritalin instead of tinting your windows....

KMurphy
07-11-2002, 08:54 PM
I know TX, LA, NM, AZ, OK, AR, MS, AL, FL all let you tint the front windows to varying degrees.

Gunslinger08
07-11-2002, 09:07 PM
In VA, you can tint the front windows 50%, rear 100% (if you have 2 side mirrors), and 0% on the windshield (expect for the factory tinting that comes at the top of some windshields).

Josh

deftron
07-11-2002, 09:07 PM
Tint Laws (http://www.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/)

Ameesh
07-11-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by: Ameesh
<NELSON> HA HA </NELSON>