PDA

View Full Version : How come I get eye-boogers and nobody else does?

MichaelD
01-14-2002, 11:56 AM
Eye boogers. Sleepy sand. Sandy crap in the corners of your eyes; whatever you want to call it, it's the same stuff.

I get it all day long. I have to go to the bathroom to wash my eyes out every few hours, else the stuff crusts up and gets in my eyes. I wear contacts, so that would be a bad thing to happen.

It may be related to my allergies; I have mild dust allergy and bad pollen/cedar/ragweed allergies. I do take meds for it though.

By my description, you' d think I have extremely teary eyes; quite the contrary. My eyes are always dry as a bone, which makes me wonder where all this crap is coming from in the first place.

What pisses me off the most is that I never notice anyone else having this crap in the corners of THEIR eyes, and I look for it too. <--sad, I know.

Thanks for listening.:confused:

guyver01
01-14-2002, 11:58 AM
i only get 'em at night...

when i wake up, my left eye is all 'crusted' shut.... and there's crust in the corner.... i guess my eyes tear or i got pus or something... never bothered me tho :Q

pyonir
01-14-2002, 11:58 AM
i have that gunk in my eyes when i wake up in the morning, but never get it during the day. I didn't even know that people had that stuff from during the day...learn something new every day i guess.

StageLeft
01-14-2002, 12:00 PM
My eyes are also quite dry and I get these throughout the day. I have to constantly remove them. In fact my body is overly active in the secretion category. I piss all the time (well, i do drink a lot), do a #2 2-3 times every single day, get snots all the time, eye boogers, and I fart constantly.

MichaelD
01-14-2002, 12:01 PM
Hooray! I'm not alone in my eye-sandbox!:D

Random Variable
01-14-2002, 12:01 PM
Maybe you should blow your eyes more often. :confused:

ravanux
01-14-2002, 12:03 PM
I only get them in the morning. But my dog gets them almost constantly...I dunno if that helps.

TuffGirl
01-14-2002, 12:07 PM
My doggies get eye boogers often. :D

I think most ppl get eye boogers, perhaps not as often as you do, but we all get them. Mebbe you don't notice it on others because they always take them out too soon for you to notice. :)

~EDIT~

<< I piss all the time (well, i do drink a lot), do a #2 2-3 times every single day, get snots all the time, eye boogers, and I fart constantly. >>

Wow Skoorb, talk about TMI. :D It seems all your orifices keep busy! ;)

ravanux
01-14-2002, 12:08 PM
<< My eyes are also quite dry and I get these throughout the day. I have to constantly remove them. In fact my body is overly active in the secretion category. I piss all the time (well, i do drink a lot), do a #2 2-3 times every single day, get snots all the time, eye boogers, and I fart constantly. >>

Kinda interesting mental picture, thanks Skoorb!

MichaelD
01-14-2002, 12:13 PM
<< Maybe you should blow your eyes more often >>

Hmm, could be my next "Quote of the Week." :D

gopunk
01-14-2002, 12:15 PM
if it makes you feel any better i have a lot of ear wax. how do you clean that stuff out? do you just wiggle a finger in there?

notfred
01-14-2002, 12:15 PM
Maybe you're a cat, and you just didn't realize.

TheBlondOne
01-14-2002, 12:16 PM
You should check with your eye doctor about that. Has it been going on since you were little (in other words--you're just a FREAK) ;), or is it just recently.

Allergies could definately have something to do with it. Like I said, I would recommend going to the eye doctor. The only time that ever happened to me was when I had pink eye.

--Sarah

guyver01
01-14-2002, 12:16 PM
<< My eyes are also quite dry and I get these throughout the day. I have to constantly remove them. In fact my body is overly active in the secretion category. I piss all the time (well, i do drink a lot), do a #2 2-3 times every single day, get snots all the time, eye boogers, and I fart constantly. >>

i suddenly have new respect for Mrs Skoorb. :disgust:

MichaelD
01-14-2002, 12:19 PM
<< The only time that ever happened to me was when I had pink eye. >>

Nah, it's not pink eye. I've had pink eye about a dozen times over the years...I KNOW what that is. My eyes have always been "crusty." Well,as far back as I can remember, anyway. I just don't remember NOT having to wash my eyes out.

Amused
01-14-2002, 12:19 PM
My allergies are pretty bad, and I get eye boogers a couple times a day. They're real bad when I wake up.

But eye boogers are nothing compared to the sleepy film over my eyes in the morning. I'm blind for about 10-15 minitues until I can blink that crap away

TuffGirl
01-14-2002, 12:24 PM
<< if it makes you feel any better i have a lot of ear wax. how do you clean that stuff out? do you just wiggle a finger in there? >>

Most ppl use q-tips. :P BTW speaking of TMI, AaronP posted last week about some ear wax the size of a peanut falling out of his ear. Perhaps you can try PM'ing him for tips, gopunk. :D

<< i suddenly have new respect for Mrs Skoorb. :disgust: >>

rofl :D

Zenmervolt
01-14-2002, 12:25 PM
I get it in the mornings. As I understand it, it's the dust and other particulates that accumulate in your eyes that is not flushed out at night because tear production slows. So it would make sense that people with dry eyes would have more "eye boogers" than people whose eyes are better lubricated with tears.

ZV

ravanux
01-14-2002, 12:35 PM
<< if it makes you feel any better i have a lot of ear wax. how do you clean that stuff out? do you just wiggle a finger in there? >>

hydrogen peroxide does the trick. just lay your head on its side an pour a capful into your ear. wait about 10-15 mins and then let it drain out. Voila! Clean Ears!

iamwiz82
01-14-2002, 12:39 PM
<<

hydrogen peroxide does the trick. just lay your head on its side an pour a capful into your ear. wait about 10-15 mins and then let it drain out. Voila! Clean Ears! >>

lol, i was skimming and didnt notice your quote. I thought you were saying hydrogen peroxide can clean your eyes, lol.

:o

metallibloke
01-14-2002, 12:39 PM
I get eye boogers a lot too. Used to only get them in the summer with my hay-fever, but in the last year or so, I've been getting them all the time.

skace
01-14-2002, 12:42 PM
I don't know if this is correct, but this has always been my understanding:

Everyone gets eye-crusties at night while they sleep but most do not get them during the day. The reasoning, as I understand it, is because during the day people constantly blink, which helps lubricate the eye and keeps things active/etc. At night is the only major time your eyelids stay dormant.

Perhaps you have naturally dry eyes or you just never blink? I don't know how this works out correctly. But I'm thinking you may need to get some eyedrops for that condition or something?

Rarr
01-14-2002, 04:47 PM
my doggie gets them