PDA

View Full Version : Damn Adidas sandals

LuckyTaxi
07-08-2007, 04:52 PM
You know the ones where it has those little things that stick up on the soles?
How does anyone wear them w/o socks as they freaking hurt when you're standing still?
That's what I get for being cheap and not wanting to pay the extra $5 and not get
the normal ones.

antillean
07-08-2007, 05:00 PM
They're supposed to massage your feet or something

OMoT
07-08-2007, 05:02 PM
They feel really nice once you break them in a little, but yea, they're a little tough at first

Stunt
07-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Never wear sandals with socks...

LuckyTaxi
07-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by: Stunt

Right ... i did this one time when I was heading to the basketball court and it felt fine with the socks on. Without socks they freaking hurt.

Maybe I should start plucking them off. ;)

senseamp
07-08-2007, 05:18 PM
They are probably designed for lighter people where they don't put that much pressure per area.

ViviTheMage
07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by: OMoT
They feel really nice once you break them in a little, but yea, they're a little tough at first

bs, my sister had them for years and have allways hurt!

Brainonska511
07-08-2007, 05:29 PM

Excellent advice. The only time I find it acceptable is if you are using sandals as slippers within your place of abode and you had removed your sneakers.

As far as the Adidas sandals with the little bumps, I thought they would be uncomfortable, but after wearing them for a day or two, I got used to them and don't hesitate to wear them (the bumps allow air to flow under my feet and keep them dry). I also have a pair without bumps, but I mainly use those for the pool.

LuckyTaxi
07-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by: Brainonska511

Excellent advice. The only time I find it acceptable is if you are using sandals as slippers within your place of abode and you had removed your sneakers.

As far as the Adidas sandals with the little bumps, I thought they would be uncomfortable, but after wearing them for a day or two, I got used to them and don't hesitate to wear them (the bumps allow air to flow under my feet and keep them dry). I also have a pair without bumps, but I mainly use those for the pool.

I think the product description says "swimming sandals"

skulkingghost
07-09-2007, 12:22 AM
I hate those sandals. They are the most uncomfortable sandals in existence.

Zugzwang152
07-09-2007, 12:30 AM
I love my pair of http://www.amazon.com/adidas-A...tiossage/dp/B0002LY9E0 (http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Adidas-Santiossage/dp/B0002LY9E0)

They make your feet tingly once they're broken in, but they do hurt sometimes in the beginning.

Special K
07-09-2007, 12:36 AM
The only problem I had with my adidas sandals with the raised bumps was that the bumps all started breaking off after a few months. Since then, I started buying the other patterns without the raised bumps and haven't had a problem.

Captante
07-09-2007, 01:44 AM
The best thing about the ones with the bumps is that sand falls down in between them at the beach.

wiredspider
07-09-2007, 02:36 AM
I wanted those, but then I got these (http://www.amazon.com/Reebok-Kobo-II-Slide-Womens/dp/B0007CW40K/ref=sr_1_6/002-1628769-070803) Reebok ones on sale and they are pretty nice and super light, like wearing nothing at all!

Alone
07-09-2007, 02:43 AM
What's wrong with wearing socks with sandals? :confused:

potoba
07-09-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
Originally posted by: OMoT

bs, my sister had them for years and have allways hurt!

neh, your feet will get used to it and you dont want to go back to the normal ones after that...

moshquerade
07-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by: lilcam
You know the ones where it has those little things that stick up on the soles?
How does anyone wear them w/o socks as they freaking hurt when you're standing still?
That's what I get for being cheap and not wanting to pay the extra $5 and not get
the normal ones.

i've never been impressed with Adidas shoes on the whole. their quality is really suspect.

deerslayer
07-09-2007, 08:52 AM
You get used to them.

abaez
07-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by: Special K
The only problem I had with my adidas sandals with the raised bumps was that the bumps all started breaking off after a few months. Since then, I started buying the other patterns without the raised bumps and haven't had a problem.

My entire apartment is filled with these things. Everytime I sweep I get new ones.. very upsetting.

MichaelD
07-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by: Alone

What's wrong w/it? :Q

If ever there was a dorkier picture than someone wearing socks with sandals, I've not yet seen it. There's "no fashion sense" and 10x worse than that, there's wearing socks with sandals.

krunchykrome
07-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Only people from the hood wear those types of sandals with socks.

Flip flops (or thongs as many like to call them) are the way to go. My most comfortable pair are my crocs.

slsmnaz
07-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by: MichaelD

If ever there was a dorkier picture than someone wearing socks with sandals, I've not yet seen it. There's "no fashion sense" and 10x worse than that, there's wearing socks with sandals.

There are always exceptions. I put my sandals on right after a game to walk to the car and still have my socks on.

Still a big fan of the Adidas originals. (http://www.shopadidas.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2007310&shopGroup=R&cp&keywords=adilette&y=0&searchId=17685251203&x=0&parentPage=search&colorId=35510)

SVT Cobra
07-09-2007, 12:27 PM

QFT, unless you are on your way to the gym or basketball court with black athletic socks, not regular, and are going to change into shoes.

dainthomas
07-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Mine were a little tough at first, but now they feel gooooood.

moshquerade
07-09-2007, 02:43 PM

weirdo.

KMc
07-09-2007, 02:49 PM
[Run-DMC]
My - A - didas!
[/Run-DMC]

Phoenix86
07-09-2007, 04:13 PM

When there's a website mocking it...

http://www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk/home.htm

YoungGun21
07-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix86

When there's a website mocking it...

http://www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk/home.htm

LMAO!

spidey07
07-09-2007, 04:29 PM

We found one!

Do you also wear knee high black socks with white tennis shoes and shorts. Because that's almost as bad as wearing socks with sandals.

Dirigible
07-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by: Zugzwang152
I love my pair of http://www.amazon.com/adidas-A...tiossage/dp/B0002LY9E0 (http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Adidas-Santiossage/dp/B0002LY9E0)

They make your feet tingly once they're broken in, but they do hurt sometimes in the beginning.

I have those. Very comfy. No pain from the nubs at all.

amdskip
07-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I returned mine, hurt too much.

HammerCurl
07-09-2007, 04:43 PM

Worse = old semi-loose jeans (diagonal stiching) with oversized and beat-up tennis shoes, with high socks. My older brother still wears that diagonal stitching and it bothers the hell out of me as to why he doesnt know why they dont look weird. That is >> in the unfashionable department. I'm too lazy to find a picture but I hope you know what I mean. Also any guy wearing jean shorts is WORSE. But yea socks and sandals isnt a good idea, its fine with long athletic socks (soccer games) because you want something really light after wearing cleats a game.

Alone
07-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by: spidey07

We found one!

Do you also wear knee high black socks with white tennis shoes and shorts. Because that's almost as bad as wearing socks with sandals.

Uh? I don't wear sandals. :confused:
I'm asking what's wrong with it simply because there's nothing wrong with it. Socks still allow air flow but protect/hide the feet. It's not the same as simply wearing a shoe. Just because you've all turned it into a social stigma doesn't mean it's wrong.

Conformist scum.

dainthomas
07-09-2007, 08:26 PM

We found one!

I'm asking what's wrong with it simply because there's nothing wrong with it. Socks still allow air flow but protect/hide the feet. It's not the same as simply wearing a shoe. Just because you've all turned it into a social stigma doesn't mean it's wrong.

Conformist scum.

YEAH!! Don't let the man tell YOU what looks nerdy!!1111!!!!!!!11!! :|:|:|

antillean
07-09-2007, 08:30 PM

We found one!

Conformist scum.

Fight the shoe power

spidey07
07-09-2007, 08:43 PM

We found one!

Conformist scum.

Dude, there's plenty wrong with it. It's SANDALS! With SOCKS!

If you wanted to protect/hide your feet then don't wear sandals. It just screams DORK.

Have you ever seen the old guy that pulls his pants up to his chest and wanders around with sock garters and tennis shoes? Yeah. Same thing.

Alone
07-09-2007, 10:29 PM
If you wanted to protect/hide your feet then don't wear sandals. It just screams DORK.
What's dorkish about it? How does it make one a dork? It allows airflow to the feet, but keeps the sand/dirt/wtf off of them. A shoe, on the other hand, is tight against the foot, no air, etc.

cKGunslinger
07-09-2007, 10:52 PM
I've worn sandals with socks in the past, and may potentially do it again in the future.

moshquerade
07-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
I've worn sandals with socks in the past, and may potentially do it again in the future.
If you are doing it to be a non-conformist that is one thing, but if you actually think it looks fine that is another.

eek! (http://wklondon.typepad.com/welcome_to_optimism/images/image144.jpg)

Howard
07-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Now I've gotta wear open-toe socks with sandals...