PDA

View Full Version : Return Your Nikes For New Ones!!!

SleepyGuy
08-08-2001, 10:47 AM
Just a reminder that if you have Nikes that have ripped or (always happens to me!) the air bubble/pocket deflates, you can send it back to Nike for an equal pair of shoes. I have yet to buy a pair of running shoes in 3 years... the air pockets always bust after around 6-8 months... take care.

cfactor
08-08-2001, 10:49 AM
I used to have friends that do this with Timberland shoes. They were saying something like it's for a lifetime. And they'd send it back even if it's just a normal wear and tear.

Daniel
08-08-2001, 10:52 AM
I had to return a pair of timberland hiking boots once years ago to REI, they just fell apart with normal usage and they weren't close to cheap, and they only gave me 50% credit back. A few days later I saw another woman at the counter with some old crappy nylon boots putting up a stink, they were destroyed, rusted hooks and everything, no reciept and she choose a nice new pair of boots to replace it, seems I got the wrong employee that day.

NivekC4
08-08-2001, 10:52 AM
I've done this twice already.

They send you something of "equivalent" value back. I paid $70 for Nike shoes that busted (retail $120) and they sent me back shoes that were $140 and were quite new to the market too.

It's a good deal, but don't abuse it because Nike will not hesitate to send the same shoe right back at ya. Especially if they can tell it is not a defect and it was a man made defect.

Couple of my friends have done this, but they kept sending it to Nike (2 or 3 times) and finally Nike just game them a pair of new shoes.

So, don't push your luck unless it is legit.

-NivekC4

toant103
08-08-2001, 10:53 AM
wow, i need to return my timberland boots. the sole is all worned out

joemamma
08-08-2001, 10:55 AM
what is nike's address?

ashartzer
08-08-2001, 10:57 AM
How exactly do you do this. I assume there is an address to send them to. Do you have to send in the original receipt also? The rubber soles on my shoes have been spitting from the shoe itself for a month, and two days ago, half of the rubber part came completely off! I only wear these to work, no running or harding walking in them at all!

Thanks for the info!

SpacemanSpiffVT
08-08-2001, 11:00 AM
how do you do this with timerbland shoes?
mine start hurting my feet now
and have tons of crap on them

goog40
08-08-2001, 11:01 AM
This is for a lifetime? Also will they send you a bigger size(mine are kinda small by now:)) and what's teh address. Thanks

SleepyGuy
08-08-2001, 11:08 AM
For the guys who ask how to return them... I haven't done it in a few months but... check the phone book for the nike headquarters and they'll direct you to the rma department. they'll give you an rma number and tell you where to send it. you don't even need a reciept. peace out.

durin
08-08-2001, 11:09 AM
hmm i have a pair of timberlands that the air pocket on the bottom burst on and it makes a sound everytime i take a step. they are like 3 years old so i thought it was pretty much just time to junk them, but if i can send them back to timberland for a new pair that would be dope - anyone got an address?

royaldank
08-08-2001, 11:12 AM
<< I had to return a pair of timberland hiking boots once years ago to REI, they just fell apart with normal usage and they weren't close to cheap, and they only gave me 50% credit back. A few days later I saw another woman at the counter with some old crappy nylon boots putting up a stink, they were destroyed, rusted hooks and everything, no reciept and she choose a nice new pair of boots to replace it, seems I got the wrong employee that day. >>

Should have sent them to Timberland...They would have replaced them. I had a pair nearly destroyed after hiking in a river one weekend. Sent them in and got some new ones. (I don't have the address anymore...this was two years ago. Call Timberland, they'll help)

SleepyGuy
08-08-2001, 11:14 AM
owe, i believe the shoe (model) have to be no longer then 5 years old. And you can return the new shoes at any nike store for store credit. once i bought a pair of air maxes for around $80 (clerance) and the air bubble popped. returned it to nike and they gave me a pair of brand new (ugly though) air jordans... went to the nike store and they gave me $280 store credit!!! got me 3 pairs of running shoes... hehehe.

sjshaw
08-08-2001, 11:24 AM
Go to the website at www.nike.com and find the &quot;terms &amp; policies&quot; link. From there, find the FAQ link and in it there should be a link to an online form. Fill it out and a claim number will be emailed to you with directions for returning the shoes.

This is a SMOKING HOT DEAL (if you have defective Nike shoes)!

:-)

NivekC4
08-08-2001, 11:25 AM
For the Nike return, you have to visit their website, and send them an email with the information about the damaged shoe. You also MUST have the original box that came with the shoe or they will not even deal with you.

Once you send the email to nike, they will reply back with a Order # and address for your shoe and you will need to send it in.

It normally takes about 1 1/2 months - 2 months for them to send the shoe back.

I remember last time i did this i had to rummage through their whole site to find the return form. Lemme go see if i can find it again.

-Kevin

sjshaw beat me to it :)

SleepyGuy
08-08-2001, 11:29 AM
hmmm... i didn't need the original shoe box or the reciept. maybe that has changed since i last sent a pair of defects to them...

ActionJ
08-08-2001, 11:31 AM
Wow, I didn't know it! (only one?)

So how exactly it works? Details?

NivekC4
08-08-2001, 11:41 AM
You don't need receipt, but I'm pretty sure you need the original box.

This helps them from having kids rip off others kids for their shoes, ruin them, and send them back to Nike...or somethin' like that :)

GtPrOjEcTX
08-08-2001, 11:41 AM
link to return any defective nike product (http://www.nikebiz.com/e_claim/ret_qual.html)

link to return any defective shoe (http://www.nikebiz.com/e_claim/other.html)

i don't see an online form...
is this what you're talking about?

KATX
08-08-2001, 11:43 AM
<< Go to the website at www.nike.com and find the &quot;terms &amp; policies&quot; link. From there, find the FAQ link and in it there should be a link to an online form. Fill it out and a claim number will be emailed to you with directions for returning the shoes.

This is a SMOKING HOT DEAL (if you have defective Nike shoes)!

:-) >>

I can see it clearly: pretty soon there will be a market on e-bay for damaged Nike shoes.

spinn
08-08-2001, 11:45 AM
You should find the info you need here:

Link (http://www.nikebiz.com/e_claim/other.html)

I just sent mine in a couple of days ago. I believe the air pocket burst, cuz my shoe felt flat. Shoe has to be less than 3 years old. The website will tell you how you can tell. I didn't see where you had to have the original packaging.

Wag
08-08-2001, 11:47 AM
Reebok has a similar policy, like 9-12mos or 300-500miles. I purchased a pair of Millenium DMXs and they were the worst pair of sneakers I ever had. Within a month the air pocket moved into the sole of one shoe and it made a really loud SQUEEK when I walked. The other one was falling apart. Not good for a $65 sneaker.

I traded them in at Sports Authority for the old Classic Leather standby.

watjac
08-08-2001, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know if it works for adidas?

NivekC4
08-08-2001, 11:49 AM
Didn't find the &quot;form&quot; that they use to have, but I guess if you email them (http://nike-store.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nike_store.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php) it should be just as effective.

dakata24
08-08-2001, 11:57 AM
right underneath the phone# and email link is the e-claim form..

for convienence, ill link it :)

Nike E-claim Form (http://eclaims.nike.com/eclaims/form.jsp)

CashFlow
08-08-2001, 12:05 PM
I can not find the receipt for my Nike shoes. Do I need to present it before I return the shoes?

Iceyburnz
08-08-2001, 12:25 PM
I did this for my old Timberland Boots and I man made them destructivge and Im about to do it again and try to get a bigger size..

Information for Timberland when I did it was:

Be sure to print your name and address, clearly, on the outside of the package. Include your return address, a daytime phone number and the size and width of the product you are returning inside the package. Please include a brief note explaining the problem. If you return footwear, please return both boots or shoes. If you need more information, call us at 800-445-5545.

? To return footwear or apparel, send it to: The Timberland Company, Returned Goods Department, 200 Domain Drive, Stratham, NH 03885. It's best to use some form of registered delivery, like UPS Ground Track, so you can track your package if we don't receive it.

Website wuth info resides at:

http://www.timberland.com/cgi-bin/timberland/timberland/return_policy.jsp

Looks like they changed the policy a little..Oh well...These boots are over the hill

epiic
08-08-2001, 12:51 PM
So how do u go about in sending a pair back.... Whats the address....

NivekC4
08-08-2001, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure you DO NOT need your receipt to do this. All they request is that you have the original box (for proof of purchase and shipping).

If you want to return your Nike shoes because they were defective, you fill out the form that dakata24 was so nice to link (http://eclaims.nike.com/eclaims/form.jsp).

They will get back to you with a claim # and the address of where to send the shoes.

If you have any other questions, you should contact Nike themselves because this is what I've done and it has been fine.

-Kevin

ashartzer
08-08-2001, 01:03 PM
From the looks of it, you don't need a receipt or the original box.

Here is the email I got from Nike within 5 minutes of submitting the e-claim form online.

Thank you for your Nike.com E-claim submission! We have set up a Nike
e-claim authorizing you to return your product to Nike for inspection.

YOUR NIKE CLAIM NUMBER IS: # X-XXX

RETURN INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Please review the Nike return process Terms and Conditions you previously
viewed at http://www.nikebiz.com/e_claim/other.html. By submitting
a product for inspection you have agreed to all of the Terms and Conditions
described there.

2. Clearly print the address and claim number on the package EXACTLY
as shown below (please include your claim number!).

Nike R.L.C.
E-claim # X-XXX
26755 SW 95th Avenue
Wilsonville, Oregon 97070

3. Please include only the item you specified on the e-claim form. Remember,
only one product per claim number will be accepted.

4. Include a brief note with your name, home address, phone number, claim
# X-XXX, and a description of the claimed product flaw in the box
with the product.

5. Ship the package with an insured and traceable delivery service.
Nike assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen packages. Hand deliveries
are not accepted.

As a recap, upon product receipt and inspection, if the product is determined
by Nike in its sole discretion to have a material or workmanship flaw,
a NikeTown.com product voucher will be emailed to you with specific redemption
instructions. Note: Some swimwear, children's apparel, cycling, golf
products, and Jordan brand footwear may receive direct product replacement
instead of a product voucher.

If you have any questions please email us at consumer.affairs@nike.com
or call 1-800-344-6453 for assistance.

At NIKE we strive to maintain high standards of quality in all of our
products. We are equally dedicated to providing quality customer service.
We appreciate your business and the opportunity to service you.

Thank you,

Nike USA Consumer Affairs