PDA

View Full Version : Mods please unlock my account

plzunlockahurtt
06-21-2007, 08:32 AM
I received what was supposed to be a 1 week ban on my account, ahurtt, about 3 weeks ago or so now. I posted something about Paris Hilton that I guess was deemed derogatory (nevermind that it was also true) by a moderator and then I went out to lunch and to run some errands. When I returned, I had a little nasty-gram email from a moderator telling me I needed to edit my post immediately. I tried to go and do so as soon as I got the email from the moderator (a couple hours after I had made my post about poor Paris) only to find that my account had already been locked and my post contents removed by the moderator while I was away and before I ever knew what was happening. Shortly after I got a message that my account was locked for 1 week for not modifying my post. But that was like 3 weeks ago. I sent an email to moderator@anandtech.com yesterday with this request but I have gotten no reply. So my only recourse is to appeal here. Please unlock my ahurtt account and then delete this one I am using now. I promise I won't slander Paris Hilton any more. Or even say true things about her that are not very nice for that matter either. Sorry for the second account creation but I didn't know what else to do since I got no reply from the moderator by email.

---

YGPM. Stand by. Checking. And please do not make any further posts, especially in threads other than your help thread.

I will be back to you in a few minutes.

Mod

allisolm
06-21-2007, 09:06 AM
I sent an email to moderator@anandtech.com yesterday with this request but I have gotten no reply. So my only recourse is to appeal here.

Well, no. You waited 2 weeks so you could have waited longer than, what, half a day, for a response? So now the mods should have to go to the trouble of deleting the extra account because you're impatient today, even though you didn't care for 2 weeks? Better hope the Passive Agressive Mod isn't on duty. :)

Mod
Monday: "Sorry, weve been busy with the upgrade and all - I'll unlock that right away."

Tues: "It's not unlocked yet? I'll get on it."

Wed: "Still nothing?" I've been busy. Consider it done."

Thurs: "I thought I'd taken care of that. How could I have been so careless?"

Fri: ''Heh, heh, heh...''

Number1
06-21-2007, 09:50 AM
What was your original username?
I would not advise posting anything else anywhere else then in this thread.

plzunlockahurtt
06-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by: Number1
What was your original username?
I would not advise posting anything else anywhere else then in this thread.

OMG my username is in my post above twice. As if the username I'm posting this reply from doesn't tell you in and of itself.

plzunlockahurtt
06-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by: allisolm
I sent an email to moderator@anandtech.com yesterday with this request but I have gotten no reply. So my only recourse is to appeal here.

Well, no. You waited 2 weeks so you could have waited longer than, what, half a day, for a response? So now the mods should have to go to the trouble of deleting the extra account because you're impatient today, even though you didn't care for 2 weeks? Better hope the Passive Agressive Mod isn't on duty. :)

Mod
Monday: "Sorry, weve been busy with the upgrade and all - I'll unlock that right away."

Tues: "It's not unlocked yet? I'll get on it."

Wed: "Still nothing?" I've been busy. Consider it done."

Thurs: "I thought I'd taken care of that. How could I have been so careless?"

Fri: ''Heh, heh, heh...''

Go away. I patiently waited 3 weeks because I didn't want to be an annoyance and figured they'd get around to it. But they obviously are not getting around to it. The lock was supposed to be 1 week. I think a little impatience at this point is understandable. You are making an erroneous assumption that because I didn't complain all this time I did not care. I was just trying to give them time because like you said, I know the forums are undergoing some serious work lately.

Besides, they sure were fast enough to hit me with the ban stick while I was not at my computer and able to respond to the warning. I would gladly have heeded the warning and modified the post if I had actually gotten the warning in time to do something about it.