PDA

View Full Version : Argh!! Stupid password requirements!!

brxndxn
07-12-2009, 10:29 PM
The password you entered is not a valid format. Passwords must contain at least one non-alphabetical character and at least one non-numeric character and cannot have the only alpha or numeric character in the first or last position and must be between 8 and 32 characters long. Please try again.

All to pay my water bill.. So every fucking month, I click 'Forgot password.'

theprodigalrebel
07-12-2009, 10:40 PM
An@ndt3ch

Jeff7
07-12-2009, 10:41 PM
1) Get Truecrypt.
2) Create an encrypted file that can be mounted as a drive.
3) Save your passwords to the encrypted drive.
4) Don't forget the password to the Truecrypt file or you're screwed.

BrunoPuntzJones
07-12-2009, 10:45 PM
No shit.

Then when you try to use the same password for a different site, you get bullshit like "no non-characters allowed".

Zero standardization.

manlymatt83
07-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
No shit.

Then when you try to use the same password for a different site, you get bullshit like "no non-characters allowed".

Zero standardization.

This. Drives me nuts.

brxndxn
07-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
No shit.

Zero standardization.

I don't even use the same password.. I got a similar string that I vary based on what reminds me of that site.. Works great.. I have all different passwords and I still remember them.. except for the few sites that totally screw up my strategy. ARGH.

spidey07
07-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Used this for as long as I can remember, considered very strong by all means.

<word><2-3 digit number><same symbol everytime><word><symbol>

Throw in a capital on each word and you're good. When asked to change increase number.

QueBert
07-12-2009, 10:54 PM
I use Roboform, it stores all my passwords in 1 file and the file can be password protected itself. Has a Firefox plugin that automatically fills in all your passwords.