PDA

View Full Version : If you do rebates read this. Rebate house defaulting on checks.

allisolm
11-17-2008, 12:53 PM
If you have received any rebate checks recently from Continental Promotions Group (rebatestatus.com) or have any pending from them, please read the information provided below by Engineer.

I'm going to delete all the irrelevant posts (I hate rebates, thanks, how can they lose money, etc) so that the relevant ones can be found and read.

Engineer
11-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Just a heads up that CPG (Continential Promotions Group) has filed bankruptcy and some checks are bouncing. They go by "www.rebatestatus.com" and act on behalf of many companies listed below for rebate:

*Denotes additions from this thread that I've added. These were not included in the list from SlickDeals.

3D FUZION (a subsidiary of BFG, see BFG.)
ABBOTT LABORATORIES (FREESTYLE METERS)
ACRONIS SOFTWARE (TRUE IMAGE)
ACTIVISION
AD-AWARE
ADOBE
ADVANCE AUTO PARTS (Parts America?)
ANTEC (Click me for rebate information) (http://www.antec.com/rebate.html)
ARCHBROOK LAGUNA (Magellan Refurbished rebate from Pep Boys)
ATDEC
AVG (Called CPG - said they will re-issue new checks for AVG. Said do not cash any checks on hand)
BED BATH & BEYOND
*BEHR (paints)
BFG Tech (Click me for rebate information) (http://www.bfgtech.com/importantrebate.aspx)
BIC CORPORATION US (Shaver Division)
BRIDGEVINE
CANON (Says "Do not cash". http://www.usa.canon.com/consu...important_rebate_info) (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=StandardDisplayAct&fcategoryid=2587&keycode=important_rebate_info))
CHECKER / SCHUCK'S / KRAGEN AUTO PARTS
CITIBANK
CORE
COSTCO (Costco email says don't cash at bank, take it to a Costco and they will cash it or issue a new check. If you prefer to receive by mail call 1-866-355-3137)
DBL DISTRIBUTING LLC (HARMAN KARDON)
DELORME
FUJITSU
*HIS Video cards (11-28-08: HIS is working to take corrective action and will post instructions on its site as soon as we have the proper procedures in place)
HOME DEPOT (1-800-301-9207 - spoke w/ Tanya (CPG emp) who states "HD is still their customer and 'as of today' their rebate checks are still good." 11-19-08)
JOE'S SPORTS
KENSINGTON (Any rebates through Kensington are being fulfilled through them. Status can be verified by calling 866-469-9313.)
LOGITECH ( Issued checks should be fine to cash/deposit. Newly submitted/pending rebates may be delayed up to a week, but are otherwise fine. Rebates not yet submitted can be submitted to the address on the form or to a new address provided in the link.)
MOTOROLA (SURFBOARD MODEM)
MURRAY'S DISCOUNT AUTO PARTS (oil)
NATURE'S EARTH (cat litter)
NERO
NEWEGG (certain products have rebates from newegg directly e.g. Tatung, Rosewill)
*Nextar
Panasonic (certain small items, such as Bluetooth Headphones etc, reseller rebates - Showing up in Rebatestatus.com as DBL Distributing LLC)
PANDA DISTRIBUTION
PANDIGITAL
PC TOOLS (Phone: 866-431-5087)
PING
PRICEGRABBER (Don't Cash Check. Even older ones you haven't cashed in yet. Will Send out new rebate check directly. Don't send in unclaimed rebate forms yet, they'll provide new address and may extend deadline.)
ROSEWILL (NewEgg)
RUSTOLEUM (Menard's July $4 Door Paint Rebate. Contact Rustoleum directly @ 1-800-323-3584)
SAMSUNG
SCOTTS LAWN PRODUCTS
Shell (Rebates on car cleaners, fuel cleaners etc)
SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE (ANONYMIZER. Sent e-mail to customers: "Please look for updated postings on the SmithMicro website on or about November 21, 2008 for further instruction on where to mail your rebate claim material and how to exchange your check for a new check that you will be able to cash.")
SPOT (Satellite Beacon)
TABLETOPS UNLIMITED
TRENDNET
WESTINGHOUSE
XFX
XM SATELLITE RADIO
ZEROTHERM (Update: 11/17/08 - Per Zerotherm USA, a new rebate form has been issued (see below). Missing UPC will be rejected but you can write Chris Chon at chris@megavisionsys.com).
ZYXEL (http://zyxelrebates.com/important_notice_0811.php)

This is a FYI.

CPG files for Bankruptcy. (http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2008/11/10/daily66.html)

Edit: Just received this from PriceGrabber...

Dear Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx,

PriceGrabber.com wants to thank you for being a loyal customer, and also say thank you for participating in our review rebate program.

We wanted to give you an update on a recent change in our rebate process that has occurred over the past few days. We have been informed that the vendor who supplies the rebates to PriceGrabber customers who have filled out a review on our site is unfortunately no longer able to process rebate requests from our customers. Although PriceGrabber has prepaid this vendor a substantial amount to more than adequately fund our review rebate program, they have informed us that they do not intend to honor checks they have previously issued to our customers.

If you are currently in possession of a rebate check issued on behalf of PriceGrabber.com, or if you receive a check of this kind within the next week, PLEASE DO NOT CASH IT. The vendor is placing stop-payments on these checks to prevent you from being penalized, but we still hope to prevent you this additional inconvenience. PriceGrabber is in the process of reissuing your rebate check directly from our own accounts. A new check to be mailed to you directly from PriceGrabber headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. No additional action will be required from you to initiate this process.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to participate in both of our programs. Your feedback is very valuable to us, and we want to ensure you receive your rebate as promised. Rest assured that PriceGrabber is also taking all appropriate actions to ensure this type of problem does not occur again.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at rebates@pricegrabber.com

Again, thank you for your time and understanding.

Best regards,

Darren Davis
VP, Product Marketing
PriceGrabber.com

From Costco

This communication contains important information regarding the redemption of Costco Mail-in Rebate checks dated prior to November 13, 2008.

Due to a significant business disruption at the company that processes Costco Wholesale's Mail-in Rebates, no rebate checks dated prior to November 13, 2008, should be deposited into your bank account. These checks should be redeemed at your local Costco warehouse.
Mail-in rebate checks dated after November 13, 2008, are not affected by this business disruption and may be deposited or cashed at your bank, or redeemed at any Costco warehouse.

If redeeming your check at a Costco warehouse is inconvenient, you may mail the original check to:
For U.S. Costco Members:

Costco Wholesale
c/o APF
PO Box 1015-A
Grand Rapids, MN 55745
For Canadian Costco Members:

Costco Wholesale
c/o APF
PO Box 10668-A
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6V1

A replacement check will be issued promptly upon receipt of the original check. Please retain a copy of the original check for your records.

If you have already deposited a mail-in rebate check dated prior to November 13, 2008, it may be returned to you by your bank. If so, please bring your returned check and proof of any associated bank fee to your local Costco warehouse for full reimbursement.

If redeeming a returned check at a Costco warehouse is not convenient, you can mail the returned check and the notice of bank fees to the address above for full reimbursement.

Costco Wholesale sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience that this unfortunate situation may have caused.

Please do not reply to this email. If you have any questions, please contact our Call Center at 1-866-355-3137.

From Antec (I received this)...

Antec is aware of the situation with our Rebate Center (CPG), and are working diligently on a final solution for all rebate offers. If you have received a check from CPG, we are asking you to hold onto your check until further notice. If you have had problems depositing your check, please save all documentation and contact Antec Customer Support for further instructions. We will update our website when we have reached a final solution to this issue.

Thank you for your patience,

Antec Customer Support

This from all pulled from Slickdeals:

The easiest way to see if you are affected, is to check copies of rebate materials you have submitted recently, which have not yet been fulfilled. You keep copies, right? Take a look at the destination address. The department and name of the recepient will vary depending on the brand of the product that carried the rebate, but the address will most likely have the following in it:

P.O. Box 52900 (or P.O. Box 52911)
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2900

CPG main website for checking upon your rebate is www.rebatestatus.com. If you see this site as point of contact on the rebate, you may be affected.

What do do if you're affected:

First and foremost, if you have recently received the check, and have not cashed it yet, DO NOT CASH IT. The check will bounce, and you will probably be hit with a non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee [varies by bank]. If you have deposited it, it may be worth your time to call your bank, and see if they have attempted to collect on it, and if so - see if they can reverse the attempt. Most banks will work with proactive customers like you, and you may get brownie points for that.

If you have recently made a purchase (such as ZeroTherm coolers) which had a rebate that was going to CPG, and have not yet submitted - DO NOT SUBMIT IT. Instead, contact the place of purchase, and request a return authorization, since you will no longer be able to get the item at the advertised price.

Do not try to contact the rebate processor using any of the known phone numbers. Chances are, it won?t help you, and you probably won?t even get an answer.

Keep copies of every rebates you have - do not assume they are a lost cause just yet. As time progresses, there may be alternative solutions available which may allow you to collect your rebate(s).

We recommend that you do not contact the company that manufactured the product immediately. There are many users like you, and chances are that some have already done it for you, and posted their findings.

Engineer
11-17-2008, 12:55 PM
If you have a ZeroTherm rebate (from CPG), here is the response from Chris @ Zerotherm-USA...

We are aware of CPG's status and making the transition to a new partner.

You should see a new PDF rebate form on our partner retailer's website by
end of this week.

You can use this form for new submission.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Chris

ZEROtherm USA

Chris Chon, Sales Manager
Megavision Systems Inc.
1600 Wyatt Dr. Ste 14
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Direct (408) 207 - 9323
Main (408) 207 - 9320 x104
Fax (408) 207 - 9324
www.megavisionsys.com

Also...

New rebate company will reject your submission by default without UPC, but if you can provide me with the submission # (usually available after rejecting letter) I can have your rebate approved manually.

I apologize for such inconvenience, but this is the only way around it.

Chris

ZEROtherm

Chris' e-mail is chris@megavisionsys.com

Engineer
11-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by: allisolm
Thanks for the heads-up!

You're welcome. Also, I'm editing the thread above from time to time to update the list of known manufacturers that deal with CPG. The master list is at Slickdeals.net under their Deal Talk forum.

Edit: Slickdeals has set up a blog with updated information on this subject.

Click me. (http://blog.slickdeals.net/index.php/2008/11/14/major-rebate-processor-files-for-bankruptcy-a-number-of-recent-deals-with-rebates-may-be-affected)

fleshconsumed
11-17-2008, 01:27 PM
This is frigging awesome. I just bought Logitech VX nano mouse from FRYs with $15MIR and was about to mail it today. Now I'll either have to return it to FRYs (not looking forward to that) or wait to see if Logitech will somehow rectify the situation.

Well, either way thanks for the heads up Engineer, at least I still have a choice to return it or deal with Logitech.

Basilisk
11-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Add the HIS gpu rebates to this list -- specifically, my Radeon 4850. Sigh.

[This is based on the form's mail address of P.O. Box 52900 Phoenix, AZ 85072]

Edit: It's now ten days later [Turkeymas] and HIS hasn't bothered to reply to my email inquiry. 'Just noticed their site lists the following: (my emboldening)

This issue only affects customers who purchased HIS video cards from newegg.com, zipzoomfly.com, amazon.com, ewiz.com, MicroCenter and mwave.com. Please check back on this page regularly for updated information.

Dear HIS Customer,

You recently participated in one of our mail-in rebate promotions and your check has been sent to you on behalf of HIS by a third party mail in rebate firm. We have received information that the third party mail in rebate firm that we have contracted to process our rebates is experiencing financial difficulties and your check therefore may bounce even though we have already paid sufficient funds to our contractor.

We ask you not to deposit any mail-in rebate check dated prior to November 13.

We are working to take corrective action to get your check to you as soon as possible. We will update you as soon as we have the proper procedures in place how to obtain your rebate.

In the meantime, please hold onto the check you have received and do not deposit it.

Should you have any question, please send any inquiry to rebate-na@hightech.com.hk Please accept our apology for this inconvenience and be assured we are working diligently to address the situation.

Warm regards,
HIS customer service

I sympathize with their problems, but it's "amusing" that they encourage you to write, yet haven't bothered responding to my inquiry.

HIS mail in rebate problem notice. (http://www.hisdigital.com/un/support-63.shtml)
HIS page pointing to above (http://www.hisdigital.com/un/support.shtml) as above page may be obsoleted, but not removed, when they post further instructions.

Edit (12/02):
I received a reply from HIS this weekend -- after sending them a second email. It didn't improve upon the above information, but at least their CS does reply... sometimes. :)

Edit (12/16):
HIS has updated their site (linked above) to provide instructions for those who received checks -- bounced or uncashed. Those of us who submitted everything but never received a check remain in the dark.

Captante
11-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Just got a $20 rebate from Panda last month & fortunately it cleared just fine ... guess I got lucky!

Engineer
11-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Just received this from Antec (many of you have bought Earthwatts supplies)...

Antec is aware of the situation with our Rebate Center (CPG), and are working diligently on a final solution for all rebate offers. If you have received a check from CPG, we are asking you to hold onto your check until further notice. If you have had problems depositing your check, please save all documentation and contact Antec Customer Support for further instructions. We will update our website when we have reached a final solution to this issue.

Thank you for your patience,

Antec Customer Support

Slick5150
11-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Argh. Just submitted a Zerotherm rebate last week.

Engineer
11-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by: Slick5150
Argh. Just submitted a Zerotherm rebate last week.

Here's the new rebate I just received.

New rebate form (use this one since rebatestatus.com is now in bankruptcy). (http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFilesForNewegg/rebate/SH/ZEROtherm2MIRNov1Dec3108lc77.pdf)

Chris from ZeroTherm USA stated to use the new form. Also stated that if you already filed using the original UPC, to submit the new one and send him the information after you are denied.

Chris Chon <chris@megavisionsys.com>

zettler
11-17-2008, 09:56 PM
This sucks! I just cashed my ANTEC and another one last Friday...and I am sure my bank with charge me for them!

Thanks for the warning but these were my only two outstanding except for my VERIZON ones...

scootermaster
11-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Glad I got my $50 from Logitech for that Edge from Amazon.

Hope this doesn't effect my EVGA and Corsair rebates. Hrmph.

AmberClad
11-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Both of the two pending rebates I mentioned earlier are also with Corsair. Afaik, it's a different rebate company.

uhohs
11-18-2008, 11:13 AM
well crap, i just sent in a $150 canon rebate last week. :|

Yellowbeard
11-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Just to clarify for Corsair, we DO NOT use this rebate house.

Pardus
11-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Giving Gift Cards This Holiday? Think Again (http://forwomenonline.com/tag/movie-gallery/) - list of stores closing

Zap
11-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes, BFG uses CPG. No, BFG isn't trying to rip off consumers. CPG is going out of business, not BFG.

Official word is that there is no official word. :confused:

It wasn't as if CPG told anyone, "oh BTW we're going to go out of business next month, so you may want to plan your promotions accordingly."

All I can say right now is to hang on to your photocopies and if you are still within the 8 week period, please be patient and wait.

aba4430
11-19-2008, 04:44 AM
1. Is OCZ in the mix too? I have checks from OCZ, Corsair and Patriot to cash. I think Corsair and Patriot use the same house, not this one, but am not sure of OCZ - I will have to dig up my copies etc. to verify. The banks are the same for all three though!

2. Also have checks from Advance auto parts (just received it on Monday) and Behr. Both banks are the same for these. Advance is on the list, but Behr (paints) is not!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Engineer
11-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by: aba4430
1. Is OCZ in the mix too? I have checks from OCZ, Corsair and Patriot to cash. I think Corsair and Patriot use the same house, not this one, but am not sure of OCZ - I will have to dig up my copies etc. to verify. The banks are the same for all three though!

2. Also have checks from Advance auto parts (just received it on Monday) and Behr. Both banks are the same for these. Advance is on the list, but Behr (paints) is not!

Thanks for the heads-up.

I think OCZ is fine. I'll add Behr to the list.

allisolm
11-19-2008, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by: aba4430

Thanks for the heads-up.

Did you check to see if you sent the rebate to P.O. Box 52900 (or P.O. Box 52911)
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2900 and if the site to check for information is rebatestatus.com? Let us know what you find, please. There's no point in alarming anyone if the company is NOT using CPG.

Mermaidman
11-19-2008, 10:14 AM
I learned this news from Tech's OT thread. Anyway, checked the link for Logitech and apparently, if you have an uncashed check for Logitech, it's still valid as per this:
http://forums.logitech.com/log..._date_ascending&page=2 (http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=general_nontechnical&thread.id=3719&view=by_date_ascending&page=2)

jonnyGURU
11-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by: Zap
Yes, BFG uses CPG. No, BFG isn't trying to rip off consumers. CPG is going out of business, not BFG.

Official word is that there is no official word. :confused:

It wasn't as if CPG told anyone, "oh BTW we're going to go out of business next month, so you may want to plan your promotions accordingly."

All I can say right now is to hang on to your photocopies and if you are still within the 8 week period, please be patient and wait.

To add to this... If you HAVEN'T mailed in your rebates yet, go back to your retailer's website and see if your CPG rebate has been replaced with a WorldWideRebates rebate form. The date range should be the same as your CPG rebate, so you should be able to use the WWR form instead.

Cardio
11-19-2008, 11:00 AM
I just got a bank statement where I had deposited 2 rebates checks, 1 for $15 and 1 for $10. Both bounced and cost $35 each in returned check charges. So, total loss of $95. I wish someone would outlaw rebates altogether. Alot of them are outright fraud to begin with, even from major companies. Customers should not be expected to loan money to companies many of which do everything possible to avoid paying the loan back.

I cannot tell you how many absurd reasons for not fulfilling a rebate I have personally expertienced. My all time favourite I have framed. It states that the rebate was denied because I did not fill in my email address. The denial was an "email". HP denied the largest rebate I ever had, $250 on a laptop, because " I had applied for the wrong rebate" I had not and when I objected they said the deadline had passed for reconsideration. Well they had not told me until it was passed. The website continued to say "Processing". Maybe it helps them short term but guess when I will ever buy another HP product. Anyone notice Hell freezing over.

I would like to pay for items with a promise to send the funds once the company fills out and mails a "request for payment form" with a copy of my drivers license, and picture of me at the checkout counter mailed to my payment request address containing at least 321 numbers and letters that requires an envelope at least 24" wide to write them. Sent to some place with a zip code slightly longer than the square root of -1. Mailed and postmarked between the hours of 8:01 and 8:03 AM on December 25th. Then I will send the payment, if I can read your writing, within 8 to 10 weeks, which in "Rebate Time" means, maybe, 6 months. Now this payment is likely to be in the form of a postcard which looks like junk mail and is too small to even hold a stamp and has a likelyhood of around 99% of being tucked into a magazine or other junk mail by the postman. And be sure to keep a copy of all your request information in case I don't fulfill, or forget, or have gone out of business, or can think of any of 900 other reasons not to pay you. Anyone else want to join my payment plan. We can call it "PayPerhaps" or "PayPromise"

Engineer
11-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by: Cardio
I just got a bank statement where I had deposited 2 rebates checks, 1 for $15 and 1 for $10. Both bounced and cost $35 each in returned check charges. So, total loss of $95. I wish someone would outlaw rebates altogether. Alot of them are outright fraud to begin with, even from major companies. Customers should not be expected to loan money to companies many of which do everything possible to avoid paying the loan back.

I cannot tell you how many absurd reasons for not fulfilling a rebate I have personally expertienced. My all time favourite I have framed. It states that the rebate was denied because I did not fill in my email address. The denial was an "email". HP denied the largest rebate I ever had, $250 on a laptop, because " I had applied for the wrong rebate" I had not and when I objected they said the deadline had passed for reconsideration. Well they had not told me until it was passed. The website continued to say "Processing". Maybe it helps them short term but guess when I will ever buy another HP product. Anyone notice Hell freezing over.

I would like to pay for items with a promise to send the funds once the company fills out and mails a "request for payment form" with a copy of my drivers license, and picture of me at the checkout counter mailed to my payment request address containing at least 321 numbers and letters that requires an envelope at least 24" wide to write them. Sent to some place with a zip code slightly longer than the square root of -1. Mailed and postmarked between the hours of 8:01 and 8:03 AM on December 25th. Then I will send the payment, if I can read your writing, within 8 to 10 weeks, which in "Rebate Time" means, maybe, 6 months. Now this payment is likely to be in the form of a postcard which looks like junk mail and is too small to even hold a stamp and has a likelyhood of around 99% of being tucked into a magazine or other junk mail by the postman. And be sure to keep a copy of all your request information in case I don't fulfill, or forget, or have gone out of business, or can think of any of 900 other reasons not to pay you. Anyone else want to join my payment plan. We can call it "PayPerhaps" or "PayPromise"

:(

I would call the bank and see if they will reverse the charges. Also, some of the manufacturers seem to be willing to pay the rebates + any charges incurred so that might be an option. I would try to contact the manufacturer on this issue (as it sucks).

Zap
11-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Alright, here's "official" word:

Dear Valued BFG Technologies Customer,

One of our third-party rebate processing companies recently informed us that they are experiencing financial difficulties, and that the funds provided to them by BFG Technologies to pay rebate checks for certain BFG products were no longer available.

We are happy to inform our rebate customers in the U.S. that BFG has corrected the situation, and you CAN cash your check to receive your rebate payment. This applies to all rebate checks for BFG Technologies. For Canadian customers, please hold on to your check and do not attempt to cash it. We are actively working on a solution for you and will update this message or contact you directly before the end of this week.

If you have already attempted to cash your rebate check and the check bounced, or was refused by your bank, please contact us immediately at sales{at}bfgtech.com. We will issue you a new check that you can cash. Please include your contact information in the email. Please hold onto the bounced check if you still have it.

Please do not call BFG Tech Support regarding this matter. Submitting your information to sales{at}bfgtech.com is the most efficient way to contact us regarding this issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

John Malley
Sr. Director, Marketing
BFG Technologies, Inc.

Clarification:

If your check cannot be cashed or bounced, contact sales{at}bfgtech.com.

If you have not yet cashed/deposited your check, you can do so now.

If you have already submitted a rebate to CPG, just be patient and wait it out. You will get a valid check (as long as submission was valid, etc.).

If you have not yet submitted a rebate to CPG, check first to see if there is a WorldWideRebates version of the rebate with the same date. To check, go to the product page at the site you purchased the BFG product from. If there is such a rebate, use it. If there is not such a rebate, then go ahead and send it using original rebate form. It will still get processed (though there may be delays).

As always, keep copies of everything.

BFG Tech support cannot help, use the sales{at}bfgtech.com email for problems concerning CPG rebates. Because there may be a large volume of inquiries, please do not email if you are just worried. Email only if you have an issue such as a bounced rebate check or the rebate is past 8 weeks.

Any questions?

aba4430
11-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Behr is included. Address matches up.

jonnyGURU
11-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by: cuti7399
wonder what this will do to the black Friday sales?

I'm sure everyone will have whatever rebate house the use switched up by then. They can't really neg on their offers because those have already been submitted, so they have to suck it up and pay another rebate house to process all of the potential rebates. :(

highpoint
11-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Information out dated.

Engineer
11-20-2008, 07:36 PM
I just received this from Antec....

As for your unissued check, we are waiting for CPG to forward all the customer rebate information so we can process the rebates here at Antec. Thank you for your patience as this all gets sorted out.

Looks like you'll need to wait a tad if you have already submitted your rebate but no check has been issued yet. Good luck.

michec
11-20-2008, 08:55 PM
I received this from Apricorn:

Hi Mike,

We are currently in the process of moving to another rebate house and will be forwarding our rebate submissions to be processed there. Your rebate submission will be processed by our new rebate house and should be pretty seamless on your end.

We are working hard to make sure that our customers rebates are taken care of.

Sincerely,
Michelle Fischer
Apricorn Marketing Manager
mfischer@apricorn.com
858-513-4480 Office
858-513-4410 Fax
www.apricorn.com

The Leader in Personal Storage

edited to show Apricorn instead of Acronis - sorry!

Mermaidman
11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by: Mermaidman
I learned this news from Tech's OT thread. Anyway, checked the link for Logitech and apparently, if you have an uncashed check for Logitech, it's still valid as per this:
http://forums.logitech.com/log..._date_ascending&page=2 (http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=general_nontechnical&thread.id=3719&view=by_date_ascending&page=2)
I hate to quote myself, but perhaps it'll help. I just called the bank from which the rebate check was issued (Stearns Bank in AZ). The CSR told me that she cannot provide any information as to whether the account has enough funds, and to contact Logitech. Apparently, Stearns Bank has received quite a few inquiries about the checks.

GoPackGo
11-23-2008, 11:23 AM
I had a rebate check from Nextar just come back as bounced and they are (were) with CPG.

Engineer
11-23-2008, 12:33 PM
From SlickDeals on Logitech....

Note About Mail-In Rebates

Recently, Logitech learned that one of our business partners for issuing mail-in rebate checks in the United States and Canada has encountered financial difficulties. The good news is that we are working to minimize any inconvenience to you:

* If you have a mail-in rebate check for a Logitech product, you should be able to deposit it without any issues.
* If you are waiting for a mail-in rebate check for a Logitech product, it should arrive on time or be delayed by a week at the most.
* If you are about to apply for a mail-in rebate for a Logitech product, go ahead and do so ? the process does not change. You can use the address you have now or it might be slightly faster to use this new address:

Logitech Rebates
P.O. Box 540004
Dept. #: (use the same dept number as on the rebate coupon/PDF form)
El Paso, TX 88554-0004

If you want to check on status for your mail-in rebate, please use the process outlined below:
How to check the status of your mail-in rebate

There are two ways to check the status of your mail-in rebate: by phone or online. Remember, it's always a good idea to make photocopies of all materials submitted and keep those copies for your records!

If you prefer to call, please check your product rebate form for a telephone number located in the Terms and Conditions section. This number will put you in direct contact with our carefully-screened rebate fulfillment partners, who will work to provide you with the most accurate information and best customer service possible.

If you would like to continue checking your rebate status online, please follow the steps below. This is the fastest and most convenient way to check status, however because we use multiple fulfillment partners, we need to verify certain information on your rebate form to ensure that you are directed to the correct partner website. Please make a note of the following:
Any US or Canadian Retailer or E-tailer (except Staples USA, Staples Canada, Bureau En Gros, or Business Depot Canada):
Address format on mail-in rebate:
USA:
Dept. XXXX
Logitech Rebates
P.O. Box 134
Niagara Falls, NY 14302-0134
- or -
Dept. XXXXX
Courrier : Logitech Rebates
PO Box 979
Fonthill, ON L0S 1E0
Customer service #: 1-866-533-6880
Website address: http://logitech.rebatestatus.com

For Staples USA only:
xxxx Promo Name xxxx
05-xxxxx
PO Box 028509
Miami, FL 33102-8509
Customer service #: 1-877-755-3837
Website address: http://www.rebateshq.com

For Staples Canada, Bureau En Gros, or Business Depot Canada only:
Dept. xxxx xxxx
Promo Name xxxx
PO BOX 1210
Welland, Ontario L3B 5N9
Canada
Customer service #: 1-866-464-1122
Website address (English): http://staples.rebatestatus.ca
Website address (French): http://bureauengros.monrabais.ca

Mail in rebate FAQs:

Q: Ive misplaced my receipt, how can I get my rebate?
A: Most retailers can reprint a receipt, especially if you paid with a credit card and know your exact purchase date.

Q: Should I send a copy of my receipt and keep the original?
A: Please review the terms and conditions of your rebate form. If you are required to send the original, please do so and always keep a copy of the original for your records.

Q: My rebate form says "please send the original UPC" ? what does this mean?
A: The UPC is the black & white "bar code" found on our packaging. It is a unique reference per product, and there is only one per package. Logitech uses this code as proof of purchase, and to confirm that the product has not been returned to the retailer. If youre unsure of where to locate the UPC, please contact us at 702-269-3457.

Q: I forgot to send in for my rebate and now it has expired. If I send it in late, will I be able to get my rebate?
A: We carefully identify our terms and conditions on each rebate, and base those terms on industry standards. We want to offer enough time for each customer to redeem our mail-in rebates, so we identify a fair time frame for postmarking of the mail-in rebate (the postmark date is identified as the date the post office stamps on your envelope, not the date when the fulfillment house receives your request). If the postmark date stated in the rebate terms and conditions has passed, unfortunately you will not qualify.

Q: I checked the status of my rebate, or just received a post card informing me that my rebate is invalid. What do I need to do to receive my rebate?
A: Our rebate fulfillment partner will always be able to provide you the reason why it has been denied. Some examples: missing information, missed postmark date, incorrect product mail-in rebate form, etcetera. If there is any problem, please contact our rebate fulfillment partners above. They always keep all the documents they receive, but your copy of your receipt and rebate form will be useful in resolving any dispute.

Engineer
11-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by: GoPackGo
I had a rebate check from Nextar just come back as bounced and they are (were) with CPG.

Added Nextar to the list with a * (* = from this thread).

msi1337
11-25-2008, 04:31 PM
my Antec check bounced (I didnt know it was bad at the time)

now I am out $30 and a $10 bounced check fee

spoke with Antec and they seemed semi helpful, but they may not honor my request since I dont have copies of the original rebate paperwork.

edplayer
11-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by: msi1337
my Antec check bounced (I didnt know it was bad at the time)

now I am out $30 and a $10 bounced check fee

spoke with Antec and they seemed semi helpful, but they may not honor my request since I dont have copies of the original rebate paperwork.

You should look into what obligations a person or company has that writes a check. Whether or not you have the original rebate paperwork is not important. If they know that you are a person that understands their rights, they would prefer to pay your rebate and any fees incurred by the check not clearing instead of having to be told to do so by a judge.

lifeobry
11-26-2008, 05:44 PM
are ASUS and Kingston ok? glad to hear Corsair doesn't use them

Engineer
11-27-2008, 01:52 PM
For those having issues with Antec, you can write:

rebateproblem@antec.com

They also have a new phone number for rebates:

1-800-222-6832

Leon
11-29-2008, 02:52 AM
My Antec $40 P180 rebate was bounced, hit with $19 fee. Going to bank tomorrow, hopefully will get the fee removed

Thanks for the e-mail Engineer.

RallyMaster
11-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by: Yellowbeard
Just to clarify for Corsair, we DO NOT use this rebate house.

I was getting worried for my memory rebate until I read this. Thanks a lot Yellowbeard!

crippledgiant
12-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks allisolm and Engineer! I emailed Antec. They got right back to me on a $50 NeoHe rebate from rebatestatus. They had me send the submission forms (I had made pdf. copies). via attachment in reply email. -They even emailed back "Got them" within 15 minutes.

Engineer
12-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by: crippledgiant
Thanks allisolm and Engineer! I emailed Antec. They got right back to me on a $50 NeoHe rebate from rebatestatus. They had me send the submission forms (I had made pdf. copies). via attachment in reply email. -They even emailed back "Got them" within 15 minutes.

LOL, I posted the e-mail mainly for those that received checks that weren't cashable or bounced. However, I didn't contact them about my unfulfilled rebate because they told me that they would take care of it on their own. I e-mailed them tonight (out of curiosity) and they e-mailed me back within 5 minutes asking for copies of the docs. I sent them in and I received a confirmation that they were received and would be sent to the right department within 5 minutes. That's fast service! :)

Zap
12-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Update on BFG rebates:

http://www.bfgtech.com/importantrebate.aspx

The gist of it is that if you have NOT YET mailed your CPG rebate, mail it to the following address:

BFG Technologies, Inc.
Mail-In-Rebate Redemption
28690 Ballard Drive
Lake Forest, IL 60045

Engineer
12-02-2008, 04:55 PM
If you have an Antec rebate, please follow the directions here. (http://www.antec.com/rebate.html)

Antec Mail-In Rebate

Antec would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filing of our rebate fulfillment company. Due to this event CPG are no longer handling our rebates, and we would like to thank you for your patience while we address this unexpected and unfortunate situation. Starting immediately, all information will need to be processed through Antec directly for approval and payment of our mail-in rebates.

If you have a valid rebate which you have not yet submitted:

Please do not submit it to the address listed on the rebate form. Instead, please send all required materials to:

ANTEC, Inc.
Attn.: Rebate Processing
47900 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538

If you have received a rebate check and have it in your possession::

Do not deposit or cash it. CPG has placed a stop payment on all checks they sent out. You will need to send in the following:

Copies of both sides of the original issued check
Copies of your original rebate submission paperwork
Please mail this information to:
ANTEC, Inc.
Attn.: Replacement Rebate
47900 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538
Alternately, you may email scans of the information to rebateproblems@antec.com.
Please include the phrase ?Replacement Rebate? in the Subject line.

If you deposited your rebate check and it was returned to you unpaid:

You will need to send in the following:

Copies of both sides of the refused/returned check (you may need to contact your bank for scans of both sides of the check)
Copies of your original rebate submission paperwork
ANTEC, Inc.
Attn.: Payment Refused
47900 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538
Alternately, you may email scans of the information to rebateproblems@antec.com.
Please include the phrase ?Payment Refused? in the Subject line.

If you have previously submitted your rebate claim but not heard back from CPG:

You will need to send in the following:

Copies of all original rebate submission materials
ANTEC, Inc.
Attn.: Rebate Overdue
47900 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538
Please include the phrase ?Rebate Overdue? in the Subject line.

Thank you. We appreciate your business, and thank you for your understanding regarding this unexpected and unfortunate situation.

Blain
12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I just emailed off my documentation for the $30.00 Antec "Stop Payment" check returned.

So others know what I sent...
1. Short note outlining the problem.
2. Scan of the Newegg invoice from the EA-430
3. Scan of Antec $30.00 rebate form (filled out)
4. Scan of my bank statement about the $30.00 "Stop Payment" check and the $7.00 fee
5 Scans of the front and back sides of the returned check

The whole PDF file was less than 2MBs, so I hope it doesn't get bounced.

crimson117
12-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm scared now... I have a rebate pending, but I don't have a copy of the UPC code.

In my opinion, Antec is liable if RebateStatus.com doesn't pay up. It shouldn't be my fault that Antec's contractor stiffed them. They could have been like MSI and done their rebates in house.

bryawn
12-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by: Captante
Just got a $20 rebate from Panda last month & fortunately it cleared just fine ... guess I got lucky!

You might want to double check with your bank. I got a $20 check from Panda and it appeared to clear. After about two weeks it came back with a stop payment and a $19 bank charge for the stop payment.

In my view, Panda owes me $39, although so far they have been non-responsive. Swell.

NoRAM4U
12-04-2008, 01:54 AM
So, am I understanding this correctly in that CPG is NOT the same rebate processing company that has the El Paso, TX address?

I'm waiting on two rebates from Samsung that were sent to El Paso.

tw33ter
12-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I just sent a rebate in to the XFX Redemption Services in Bridgeport, NJ. On the rebate it has checkmyrebate.com listed, are they affected too, or not related to rebatestatus.com?

Lanyap
12-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Received the following email for my Logitech rebate being processed by CPG. I have not contacted them so this came to me unsolicited. When I clicked the email link it could not find my rebate by tracking number but it did find it when I used the search by name option.

To: Lanyap
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 4:34 AM
Subject: Your Logitech Rebate Information

Dear Lanyap,

We just wanted to let you know we have received your rebate submission for Logitech CPG Import File - Valids.

Your rebate tracking number is: 3057#####

To check your rebate status just click on http://www.rebatetrack.com/pro...track_number=3057##### (http://www.rebatetrack.com/promocenter/parago/trackdetails.html?track_number=3057#####)

Please be sure to keep a copy of your tracking number for future reference.

Thank you for your purchase. We look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,
Your Rebate Center

You will be unable to reply to this email because it has been automatically generated. You have not been added to an email list. This message was sent in response to your rebate submission and will be the only email you will receive about this rebate.

Tracking Results: Status Details
Rebate: $15.00 Check
Rebate Information For: Lanyap zipcode
Promotion: Logitech CPG Import File - Valids
Submission Type: PAPERLESS
Date Received: 12-05-2008
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.

EDIT (12/06): I received a second email with a different tracking number and it worked.

EDIT (12/20): Recevied Logitech rebate check on 12/18.

Also mailed copies of two Antec rebates to Antec this past week for rebates that CPG received but did not send out check.

aba4430
12-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Called Behr Paints rebate number. They said to go and deposit/cash the check and it would be honored. Called Advance Auto Parts - they said not to cash the check as it would most likely bounce. They said that they would be sending replacement checks out within 30 days and to call if check was not received. I am sure I will have to call..........

Elvis2
12-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Does anyone know if eVGA is involved in this cluster f***? I got in on Fry's eVGA 9600gt SSC for $120.00 minus $59.00 rebate and bought a pair. That was two months ago. You send the rebate info directly to eVGA. I have to say their customer support is top notch and their looking into it however the last email I recieved from them on Friday requested varification of my mailing address. C'mon, I have at least a half dozen products (graphics cards, motherboards registered with them all under the same address) but its cool. I'm sure they'll make good. I'm waiting on the outcome of this to determine if I go with eVGA's X58 board or back to Asus I go...

allisolm
12-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by: Elvis2
Does anyone know if eVGA is involved in this cluster f***? I got in on Fry's eVGA 9600gt SSC for $120.00 minus $59.00 rebate and bought a pair. That was two months ago. You send the rebate info directly to eVGA. I have to say their customer support is top notch and their looking into it however the last email I recieved from them on Friday requested varification of my mailing address. C'mon, I have at least a half dozen products (graphics cards, motherboards registered with them all under the same address) but its cool. I'm sure they'll make good. I'm waiting on the outcome of this to determine if I go with eVGA's X58 board or back to Asus I go...

See if the information from above applies:

"The easiest way to see if you are affected, is to check copies of rebate materials you have submitted recently, which have not yet been fulfilled. You keep copies, right? Take a look at the destination address. The department and name of the recepient will vary depending on the brand of the product that carried the rebate, but the address will most likely have the following in it:

P.O. Box 52900 (or P.O. Box 52911)
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2900

CPG main website for checking upon your rebate is www.rebatestatus.com. If you see this site as point of contact on the rebate, you may be affected."

Engineer
12-07-2008, 01:41 PM

I've had no issues (nor have I heard of any) with eVGA rebates. I just received two and deposited them with no issues at all.

Elvis2
12-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up :) .
I just recieved an email from Kyle @ eVGA saying they apologize for the inconvenience and are cancelling the old check and reissuing a new one. They really are a great company. All vendors are good as long as everything goes smoothly. It's not until you have a problem and how it's resolved, that determines how great (or terrible) they are to do business with.

Pardus
12-08-2008, 02:04 PM
For all rebates checks that bounced from Zerotherm www.zerotherm.net or Megavision - www.megavisionsys and issued by Continental Promotion Group (CPG) - www.rebatestatus.com

They can be reached by calling 866-550-0822, there is a bunch of menu's to go though till someone finally answers.

Mail a copy of you bank statement - use a marker to blackout checking account numbers. and a letter noting the bounced check+your bank fee to:

CPG
P.O. Box 52901
Phoenix, Arizona 85072
Att: Customer Service

They are aware that 100's of check's are bouncing and will issue refunds, you do not need to resubmit your rebate back to megavision as i was originally told by newegg.

The attorney general office in Arizona is aware of this and a class-action lawsuit is pending.

If you haven't cashed your CPG check, don't, photocopy it and send it the above address for a valid check.

Personally, companies that offer rebates do so for the sole purpose of hoping you won't mail in the rebate or they can find some way to deny it even if it means bankruptcy. Just another scam to rip someone off. I won't be buying anything with a rebate from here on, it's just too much of a hassle to wait 12 weeks for a lousy $10 check.

edit-when sending in the claim, be sure to include
* short letter outlining the problem, don't be rude
* printout of the invoice
* copy of rebate form filled out
* copy of bank statement about the "Stop Payment" check and the bank fee-be sure to marker out account numbers and other totals
* copy of the front and back of the returned check

mailed in my claim for the $10 rebate check + $20 bounce check fee, will let you know what happens.

Karaktu
12-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by: Engineer

I've had no issues (nor have I heard of any) with eVGA rebates. I just received two and deposited them with no issues at all.

AFAIK, all eVGA rebates are handled by www.rebateshq.com and are paid via post card checks.

The CPG rebates come as actual checks that you have to tear three sides off to open.

jrichrds
12-10-2008, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up :) .
I just recieved an email from Kyle @ eVGA saying they apologize for the inconvenience and are cancelling the old check and reissuing a new one. They really are a great company. All vendors are good as long as everything goes smoothly. It's not until you have a problem and how it's resolved, that determines how great (or terrible) they are to do business with.
Seems like you're just creating more trouble for yourself, as there are no issues with the rebate house handling eVGA rebates.

AmongthechosenX
12-11-2008, 09:36 AM
I called TrendNet Rebates after reading this.

If yo usent your rebate to White Bear Lake, MN, youre good to go.

if you sent it to arizona, dont cash any checks you get from them, and take all your copied materials, and write "second attempt" on them, including all papers inside, and the envelope, and mail here:

Trendnet
Offer # H232195
P.O. Box 100451
White Bear Lake, MN 55110

jackschmittusa
12-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Received a rebate from Cannon along with a letter. Seems that they were using this outfit, but made good on the rebate anyway. Assured me that the check was OK to deposit.

Whew! It was for $125!

Andrew1990
12-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by: Zap
Update on BFG rebates:

http://www.bfgtech.com/importantrebate.aspx

The gist of it is that if you have NOT YET mailed your CPG rebate, mail it to the following address:

BFG Technologies, Inc.
Mail-In-Rebate Redemption
28690 Ballard Drive
Lake Forest, IL 60045

Well this is funny, I emailed BFG and they told me to send my rebate to WordWide Rebates and not BFG.

Andy, Thank you for contacting us. Please use the mail in rebate form provided by tigerdirect.com and send your documentation to worldwiderebate. The terms and conditions should give you all the details on how long it takes and how to follow up if you have any questions. Kind regards,

From: Andy Schultz [mailto:xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com] Sent: Fri 12/12/2008 10:31 PM To: Sales Subject: Rebate of BFG 9800GT OC+ Video Card Hello, I am just emailing you as I am a bit confused on the rebate process. I bought a BFG 9800GT OC+ 2 from tigerdirect.com and it came with a $30 rebate. I have read that the rebate house that was processing these no longer have the funds to process new rebates. I read on your site here, http://www.bfgtech.com/importantrebate.aspx that I should directly send the rebate papers to your headquarters in Illinois. Do I send the rebate form the rebate house was using, and if not what do I send? Also, how long should the rebate take? I reside in Illinois so it should take to long in the mail to get to and from your offices.

drextremeops007
12-15-2008, 07:26 PM
What do you do if you have already sent in the form, but have not recieved any check? --this pertains to BFG rebates.

allisolm
12-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by: drextremeops007
What do you do if you have already sent in the form, but have not recieved any check? --this pertains to BFG rebates.

That information was posted by Zap early on in this thread 11/19/2008 07:23 PM .

highpoint
12-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Has anyone received a valid check from Antec since this mess started.

drextremeops007
12-30-2008, 12:19 PM
ok. I just got a email notification from rebatestatus that my BFG rebate submission was received (weird coz I sent out the rebate in October and it takes 2 months??). The expected mail date for the check is in Feb'09. What should I do when I receive the check? Notify BFG to swap the check??

allisolm
12-31-2008, 06:44 AM
ok. I just got a email notification from rebatestatus that my BFG rebate submission was received (weird coz I sent out the rebate in October and it takes 2 months??). The expected mail date for the check is in Feb'09. What should I do when I receive the check? Notify BFG to swap the check??

Cash it. Please read Zap's post in this thread 11/19/2008 07:23 PM.

Engineer
01-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by: highpoint
Has anyone received a valid check from Antec since this mess started.

Still waiting...been about 5 months since I sent it in originally and about 5 weeks since I forwarded copies to Antec.

Engineer
01-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Just received my $30 rebate from Antec. About 5 to 6 months in the making, but Antec is starting to send replacement rebates now! :)

Twofootputt
01-27-2009, 03:45 PM
BFG came through for me. Sent in a $40 MIR for a BFG 800W PSU about two days before this hit the fan on 11/11/2008. I was kissing the $$ goodbye, no reply at rebatestatus.com, no luck finding submission on website. Got an email a couple of days ago from WorldWideRebates.com acknowledging receipt of rebate & 6-10 more weeks of waiting. Complete with PDF's of my documents.

sao123
02-04-2009, 12:44 PM
hmm, i have some rebates coming, ill need to check if they are through this group or worldwiderebates

JDub02
02-24-2009, 03:30 PM
just deposited a rebate check from logitech today. it actually processed fairly quickly. i'm curious to see if it clears.

skillyho
03-02-2009, 09:40 PM
I've been waiting since July of last year for my Antec rebate. I resubmitted the required info as directed by the reps @ Antec on two different occasions (end of November & end of December). Still nothing here....I did call and spoke with an Antec rep who assured me the checks would be coming out at the end of Jan beginning of Feb so I can just hope mine is on the way even though it's already March.

Anyone with questions about your rebate with Antec should contact Melissa Moore (mmoore@antec.com) for status info.

Andrew1990
03-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Well, I think I shouldnt depend on my BFG rebate. I have been trying to get word from BFG and they said they are working it out, then one week later they are playing the dumb game and treat me as though they never received emails from me concerning my rebate.

This is the last time that I buy through BFG if this is how they treat me.

XFX ALL THE WAY!!!

jamesroberts
03-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Antec: I had sent my rebate info to Ms. Moore in early November, both per attachment and in hard copy, and nothing for four months. Finally put it a BBB complaint with threat to go to State Attorney's office and FTC, and voila, they ponied up. In other forums, there is confirmation that that is about the only way to get them to honor the rebate.

Originally posted by: skillyho
I've been waiting since July of last year for my Antec rebate. I resubmitted the required info as directed by the reps @ Antec on two different occasions (end of November & end of December). Still nothing here....I did call and spoke with an Antec rep who assured me the checks would be coming out at the end of Jan beginning of Feb so I can just hope mine is on the way even though it's already March.

Anyone with questions about your rebate with Antec should contact Melissa Moore (mmoore@antec.com) for status info.

drextremeops007
03-24-2009, 12:58 PM
An update
My rebate was also affected by the CPG debacle. Of course, they did not do anything else after receiving my rebate submission. I was pretty patient and I waited till the 12 weeks before contacting BFG directly. I attached my rebate submission to them and within a week, they issue me a rebate check.

^to Andrew: try contacting them again and be nice and courteous. I am sure they will try to make it for you.

Karaktu
03-25-2009, 04:42 PM
If anyone has an outstanding rebate for a Mustang Mount (HDTV wall mount), you can call 866-390-6884 and they will provide you information on how to fax your claim to them for processing (of course, you must have copies).

I had to hunt this information down for a $69.00 rebate from back in September that was approved, but never got paid. ONSALE.COM was absolutely NO help.

allisolm
03-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by: Karaktu
If anyone has an outstanding rebate for a Mustang Mount (HDTV wall mount), you can call 866-390-6884 and they will provide you information on how to fax your claim to them for processing (of course, you must have copies).

I had to hunt this information down for a $69.00 rebate from back in September that was approved, but never got paid. ONSALE.COM was absolutely NO help.

Was this a rebate that was originally handled by Continental Promotions Group?

skillyho
03-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by: jamesroberts
Antec: I had sent my rebate info to Ms. Moore in early November, both per attachment and in hard copy, and nothing for four months. Finally put it a BBB complaint with threat to go to State Attorney's office and FTC, and voila, they ponied up. In other forums, there is confirmation that that is about the only way to get them to honor the rebate.

Originally posted by: skillyho

I just submitted a complaint through the BBB after getting no calls back, despite leaving multiple voicemails for the "rebate team."

I hope they follow through....but it has been 9 months!

Karaktu
03-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by: allisolm
Originally posted by: Karaktu

Was this a rebate that was originally handled by Continental Promotions Group?

Yup.

PC911mickster
04-01-2009, 05:44 AM
I contacted all the involved parties(Gigabyte, CPG and NewEgg) to resolve a rebate on a Gigabyte vid card bought through NewEgg.
Gigabyte said not my job man. NewEgg kept pointing a finger at Gigabyte and finally after harrassing NewEgg CS long enough, they credited me the $30.
I did have to whip out my past employment at the FTC and link to past articles on companies who had to pay rebates for manufacturers and their unpaid rebates.
NewEgg is back in my favorite reseller fold.

Andrew1990
04-04-2009, 06:17 PM

^to Andrew: try contacting them again and be nice and courteous. I am sure they will try to make it for you.

I just gave up on the rebate. If the company does not want to help me, I will just boycott them. The 9800GT I got is nice, but if the company does not support the customer, then I dont support them.

skillyho
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Finally got my Antec rebate for the P180B I purchased from Fry's back in July of 08....only took 9 months. I called and left a message threatening to file a complaint with the BBB and Antec magically found my documentation and sent the rebate out to me in 4 business days.

They are officially off the vendor list unless it's a scorching-hot deal.

Lanyap
04-17-2009, 10:10 PM
I received my two Antec rebates today from September 08. I did not contact them for a status or file any complaints after I mailed them the copies in December. I am reading in other forums about people receiveing theirs also. I was in the group that had mailed my rebates but did not receive them before the bankruptcy. Those of you in the same group should be receiving yours soon.

Karaktu
04-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Regarding the Antec rebates, I received this email back to a very polite email inquiry (and have already received my checks):

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the unexpected Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing of our rebate processing company. We have had to create an entire new chain of alternate processes in order to deal with this, and since that work was completed and verified we have been steadily sending out replacement checks and new payments.

Your rebate has been processed and the check should be going out next week. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Samantha Dilling

So, I don't think Antec was/is trying to screw anyone, I just believe they were entirely unprepared for what happened, the cost of it happening and the sheer volume of outstanding rebates. You may have noticed that there really haven't been any rebates on their products since this fiasco.

highpoint
04-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Just got a $30 rebate for a power supply, EA-430. This goes back to 8/08. Do not give up yet, there is still hope.

nervegrind3r
04-26-2009, 01:34 PM
funny....I sent out the following email yesterday and got a response today (less than 12 hours later). Now lets see if they pay the rebate, and associated bank fees I was charged.

MY EMAIL:

I am sending my 3rd email regarding my denied rebate, to which I have yet to receive any type of response since being sent on January 24 2009 and again on March 8th 2009. My rebate was denied and unpaid as per the terms listed on http://www.antec.com/rebate.html and http://www.antec.com/Believe_i...x.php?page=info_rebate (http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/index.php?page=info_rebate) . I have attached all the necessary documentation that I have.

I would very much appreciate some type of response this time around otherwise I am contacting the Better Business Bureau. Its hard to believe that this is the same company that handled my recent product rma so quickly and efficiently, and now is completely ignoring me about a rebate claim.

ANTEC RESPONSE:

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the unexpected Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing of our rebate processing company. We have had to create an entire new chain of alternate processes in order to deal with this, and since that work was completed and verified we have been steadily sending out replacement checks and new payments.

Your rebate has been processed and the check should be going out next week. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Samantha

crimson117
05-04-2009, 02:30 PM
I just got my check from this promotion (http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/Antec11-129-031Sep22Sep3008ll97.pdf) last week, dated 4/23/2009. Took a while, but I'm glad they're finally paying them out.

Gustavus
06-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Heads up!

Maybe everyone else has already encountered this, but it is new for me. Quite some time ago I purchased a Corsair Flash Voyager thumb drive on which there was a $15 rebate. Yesterday I received what I thought was an unsolicited Citibank VISA card in the mail and damn near threw it in the trash. Only the name Corsair on it made me look twice. It is the Corsair rebate. The instructions say to use it like a credit card anywhere VISA is accepted.

This was the last rebate I had outstanding. 100% now for rebates in the last year or so.

beaver
06-14-2009, 12:26 AM
I got three Panda rebates submitted last year. wondering if I should deposit them. total $30 + $30 +$20.

allisolm
06-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by: beaver
I got three Panda rebates submitted last year. wondering if I should deposit them. total $30 + $30 +$20.

Did You just get them? If so I would think there should no longer be any problems. They were bouncing some checks back in Nov/Dec when all this started, but I can't find anything that indicates any after that. Anyone got any different information?

Morro
06-16-2009, 02:44 PM
So is it safe to buy goods with P.O. Box 52900 rebate? There is a really nice Blackberry Bluetooth headset @ Amazon...

allisolm
06-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by: Morro
So is it safe to buy goods with P.O. Box 52900 rebate? There is a really nice Blackberry Bluetooth headset @ Amazon...

It may be safe to buy the goods, but I wouldn't send the rebate there. If that rebate is the one that started in September, I would check with the phone number on it or with Blackberry to see where if it is still valid and where it should be sent.