PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao vs. Marquez 4

bigrash
12-08-2012, 11:02 AM
It's on again tonight. Who you got?

GagHalfrunt
12-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Ahhh, thanks for the reminder. Got to look for a live feed.

QueBert
12-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Sadly I think there's some sort of group out to get JMM here, imho he won 2 of the fights against Manny even though the judges gave it to Pacman. He's going to get robbed in Vegas yet again. I thought I remember him saying in an interview after the 3rd fight he wouldn't fight Pacman in Vegas again.

I hope the bad judging of Pac's last fight doesn't influence the judges in his favor yet again. I someone don't see them giving it to Marquez, but if he does get the nod. That'll be 2 L's in a row and give Mayweather JR. more room to bully for a bigger $$$ split for fighting Manny.

dbk
12-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Leaning towards Marquez, he looked real good in the last one

bigrash
12-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Juan Manuel Marquez's newfound muscle raises questions about PED use: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--juan-manuel-marquez-newfound-muscle-raises-questions-about-ped-use-manny-pacquiao-200532499.html

SSSnail
12-08-2012, 12:40 PM
After watching the last fight, I'd rather watch paint dry. Thank you but no. D:

JEDI
12-08-2012, 12:48 PM
It's on again tonight. Who you got?

wtf?! WHY?

Pac's 3-0 vs him.
why was there even a 3rd re-match?!

QueBert
12-08-2012, 06:13 PM
wtf?! WHY?

Pac's 3-0 vs him.
why was there even a 3rd re-match?!

It's actually 2-0-1, and the draw was BS imho, most people say Manny lost, and pretty much everyone outside of his fans think he lost the last fight. And even a good number of his fans admitted they could have seen the fight going to Marquez. The other win, Manny did knock him down a few times, but even then that fight's still arguable in many peoples eyes. Manny should be 1-1-1 at best, he was gifted 1 win, and even the draw was a gift for him. It's a fucking travesty how the trilogy went. I could almost see it being 3-0 for Marquez, he was robbed badly in 2 of those fights. And wasn't close to being outclassed in the other. 2 split decisions and a draw don't paint Manny as a clear victor imho.

The 3rd match was needed because the other 3 resulted in a draw which imho Manny lost and 2 close split decisions. It was suppose to clear things up, but it only made things more confusing. At absolute worst the 3 fights have been close. Marquez deserves this fight, I just hope the judges don't end up screwing him yet again.

SKORPI0
12-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Review of first 3 fights.

Pacquiao should have won fight 1. So 1,1,1

March 2004 (http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/3/3707482/pacquiao-vs-marquez-first-fight-2004-rewind-las-vegas-boxing) - Draw

The official scores were 115-110 Pacquiao, 115-110 Marquez and 113-113. The latter judge accidentally scored the first round 10-7 for Pacquiao instead of 10-6.
Rounds seven through 10 could have gone either way, and neither a draw nor a victory for either man would have struck me as illogical.
It was a damn good, damn close fight.
March 2008 (http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/4/3713210/pacquiao-vs-marquez-4-rematch-full-fight-video-online-las-vegas-boxing) - Split Decision

The final scores are 115-112 Marquez, 115-112 Pacquiao, and 114-113 Pacquiao. All of these are fair scores and, as a result, I have no beef with them at all.Nov 2011 (http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/5/3713532/pacquiao-vs-marquez-4-watch-online-full-fight-2011-hbo-boxing) - Majority Decision

The official scores are 114-114, 115-113 Pacquiao and 116-112 Pacquiao. There were a few rounds that were questionable, but I do feel this was a Marquez victory.
Honestly, the commentary was egregiously biased -- Lederman's claim that Pacquiao had better defense because Marquez was swelling up was absolute garbage,
particularly since Pacquiao landed at a lower percentage than Marquez in the round in question.

PACQUIAO VS. MARQUEZ A ROBBERY? ON WHAT BASIS DID MARQUEZ WIN? (http://psquare.org/ispeak/showthread.php?735-Pacquiao-vs-Marquez-3/page3)

http://www.nowboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/images-6.jpg

http://fightnews.com/Boxing/cozzone_pacquiao_marquez_postfight000219A1.jpg

With that, I challenge those who scored the Marquez/Pacquiao 3 fight for Marquez. On what basis did Marquez win that fight on November 12? For those who favor Pacquiao in a win, they have the punch stat numbers to show. CompuBox tally 176 punches landed for Manny Pacquiao and only 138 for Juan Manuel Marquez. It also shows that Pacquiao clearly inflicted more damage on his opponent. All three official judges unanimously agreed that Marquez did not beat Pacquiao.

Pro Marquez fans will counter that they don’t have the confidence in the numbers presented by CompuBox. Well then, they should provide the number that they can legitimately present as the true stats. As of this writing, I see none from writers and bloggers from Mexico, Europe, Philippines, the USA or anywhere on the globe providing those numbers that favors Marquez.

In some instances, the argument for a win on the side of the fighter that landed less punches is the power and effectiveness of the shots that did land for the losing fighter. But that argument is used when the losing fighter is known to be the harder puncher of the two combatants. Pro Pacquiao wins this argument. Manny Pacquiao is definitely the much harder puncher of the two. Juan Manuel Marquez’s face is a visibly telling sign of the power and clean shots that Manny landed.

Visible cuts, bruises, and swelling is a the signature on who scored the most effective punches. Pacquiao’s visible marks on his face was only the cut on his brow that was the result of a head butt shown on replay. And of course a small cut on his inner lip. Marquez was knotted with lumps and bruises on his face, nose, eye brows, forehead and the side of his head.

I heard some pro Marquez fans claiming that certain fighters bruise easier than others. That is true, some fighter do bruise more than others. But it fails when it is applied to Marquez. Marquez is historically not a bruiser, or bruise easier than Pacquiao. Look at their two previous fights, both fighters were bruised and cut in those fights. Pacquiao fans surely win out on this argument too.

dbk
12-09-2012, 12:56 AM
wow.. Marquez was landing some HARD counters!

SKORPI0
12-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Juan Manuel Marques def. Manny Pacquiao by KO at 2:59 of Round Six

igotid
12-09-2012, 12:57 AM
!!!

OneOfTheseDays
12-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Epic fucking fight.

You need to watch this.

Pacman had the fight in the bag, and out of nowhere Marquez RIPS HIM with the most hard straight hand punch I've seen in boxing. Pacman was out COLD.

CKXP
Manny was knocked out cold...no controversy this time

mple
Fantastic fight from start to pre-mature finish!

Ns1
12-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Need gif now

dbk
12-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Larry Merchant asking MMM about his muscles (what's he insinuating??) ;)

AznAnarchy99
12-09-2012, 04:02 AM
Epic fucking fight.

You need to watch this.

Pacman had the fight in the bag, and out of nowhere Marquez RIPS HIM with the most hard straight hand punch I've seen in boxing. Pacman was out COLD.

Wasn't in the bag at all but it was leaning towards Manny except for Round 2.

SKORPI0
12-09-2012, 04:05 AM
Need gif now

http://sicounterpunch.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/699348134-4.gif?w=320&h=180

Arkaign
12-09-2012, 04:13 AM
Lolwot? He looked like he just walked right into that. Amazing.

AznAnarchy99
12-09-2012, 04:20 AM

Its confusing if you watch it from that angle. I was wondering wtf too when I saw it live. They played it from behind Marquez and you see Pac throwing a right and missing and Marquez counter punching right to Pac's face.

Udgnim
12-09-2012, 04:25 AM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/pacquiao-ko-marquez.gif

Pr0d1gy
12-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Wow, what a total and complete fucking dive that was. wtf

That punch looked like it couldn't break glass...ROFL!!!

Reasonable Doubt
12-09-2012, 08:01 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/whjvyv.png

bigrash
12-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Can't believe Pacquiao got knocked out like that. What a fight!

bigrash
12-09-2012, 08:09 AM

Lol

dmcowen674
12-09-2012, 11:44 AM

I'd like to see you take that punch.

Don't think you would be standing either.

QueBert
12-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I see a Mayweather JR JMM rematch where he does Marquez like the 1st fight again. Then he offers Manny a 70/30 split, which Manny might end up taking. After 2 loses, and getting starched like he did last night, his stock has definitely went way down. Marquez imho is an easy fight for Floyd, so a dominate victory over the guy who put Manny to sleep would be pretty crazy.

But if they rematch and Marquez does the same thing to Mayweather, damn imagine that :D

I gotta love Freddy Roach making all sorts of "he's on PED's!" to Marquez, if anyone shouldn't be making accusations like that it would be fucking Manny's trainer. Pacman also said it was a lucky punch. lulz

classy
12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Wow the super fight is over between PBF and Pacman. And Mayweather beat Marquez so easily, its not even worth a rematch.

AznAnarchy99
12-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Wow the super fight is over between PBF and Pacman. And Mayweather beat Marquez so easily, its not even worth a rematch.

50 Cent said it perfectly, with what happened last night, it was basically flushing 100s of millions down the toilet.

GagHalfrunt
12-09-2012, 05:33 PM

Yep. It was never going to happen anyway, but now nobody even wants it to happen. I'm looking forward to Pacquiao vs. Marquez #5 though, for six rounds this was a hell of a fight.

jjsole
12-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Marquez has worked extremely hard these last few years and it finally paid off big time. I expect to see another mayweather vs. marquez, where I don't anticipate mayweather being at the top of his game.

Pray To Jesus
12-09-2012, 06:19 PM

Dimwit alert!

QueBert
12-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Marquez has worked extremely hard these last few years and it finally paid off big time. I expect to see another mayweather vs. marquez, where I don't anticipate mayweather being at the top of his game.

Did you see the 1st one? I was embarassed for Marquez, it would take an act of God for Marquez to beat Floyd. I don't remember how the judges scored it, but I know it was 12-0 for Floyd, and imho every round was a lopsided win for him. JMM will never be competitive against Mayweather, and last night proved why Floyd's undefeated and will remain so.

Apex
12-09-2012, 06:24 PM

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/424787_2678301452671_2086096725_n.jpg

JEDI
12-09-2012, 06:30 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/424787_2678301452671_2086096725_n.jpg

um.. isnt that illegal?

jjsole
12-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Did you see the 1st one? I was embarassed for Marquez, it would take an act of God for Marquez to beat Floyd. I don't remember how the judges scored it, but I know it was 12-0 for Floyd, and imho every round was a lopsided win for him. JMM will never be competitive against Mayweather, and last night proved why Floyd's undefeated and will remain so.

Yeah I saw that one and mayweather was in a class by himself in terms of quickness. His defensive quickness was laughable over marquez. But marquez has improves his strength, conditioning, and discipline. It will be a better fight, and who knows where mayweather's head will be.

Apex
12-09-2012, 06:34 PM
um.. isnt that illegal?

It's pretty common when you have an orthodox fighting a southpaw.

classy
12-09-2012, 07:48 PM

That fight I would be shocked to see happen. I am not even trying to be funny, it was laughable. He beat Marquez that night like he was a sparring partner. Styles make fights and in this case, Mayweather was in another world over Marquez, at least on that night. I have said before that I thought if Mayweather and Pac fought, not only did think Mayweather would win, but probably get a knockout.

Pac is a great fighter, all time great, but he is one of those fighters who just gets hit a lot. Against an accurate puncher like Floyd, who also now is naturally just bigger than him and Marquez, it just doesn't bode well. I see Pac retiring, really nothing else to gain, unless its just to pick up a couple of more paydays. Shame though, I think they would have fought late next year.

But now you gotta wonder, if the fight would have even been that good, considering all that has happened. Mayweather has been a mess for awhile now and Pac just seems to have truly lost interest. I give Lennox Lewis a lot of credit. When his mind was everywhere else but the ring, he knew it was time to pack it up.

RoboChobo
12-09-2012, 08:11 PM
It breaks my heart to see my favorite boxer get K.O, Regardless I'm still a big Manny Pacquiao fan and props for Marquez.

BlahBlahYouToo
12-09-2012, 08:13 PM
I see a Mayweather JR JMM rematch where he does Marquez like the 1st fight again. Then he offers Manny a 70/30 split, which Manny might end up taking. After 2 loses, and getting starched like he did last night, his stock has definitely went way down. Marquez imho is an easy fight for Floyd, so a dominate victory over the guy who put Manny to sleep would be pretty crazy.

But if they rematch and Marquez does the same thing to Mayweather, damn imagine that :D

I gotta love Freddy Roach making all sorts of "he's on PED's!" to Marquez, if anyone shouldn't be making accusations like that it would be fucking Manny's trainer. Pacman also said it was a lucky punch. lulz

he was dominating marquez until he got caught with that punch.

Nintendesert
12-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Well, still doesn't make Mayweather any less of a fucking pussy for dodging Pacman.

RoboChobo
12-09-2012, 08:20 PM

That's true, I looked at Marquez face after, he got beaten up pretty badly, couldn't imagined what he would of looked like on the 12th.

Pacman was slowly reconfiguring Marquez face. I just hope manny doesn't retire, I love watching him fight.

My goodness what a punch by Marquez >.<

SKORPI0
12-09-2012, 08:30 PM
um.. isn't that illegal?

Illegal, probably not. It's a dirty tactic IMHO. Marquez was able to make it an art and capitalize on Pacquiao's overconfidence, got him distracted the last second and the rest is history.
That cost him the fight big time.

It's pretty common when you have an orthodox fighting a southpaw.

Unfortunately it is common, so are head bumps. With Mayweather Jr. being an orthodox style doesn't bode well if they ever fight.

AznAnarchy99
12-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Well, still doesn't make Mayweather any less of a fucking pussy for dodging Pacman.

Must of been regretting it watching the fight. Mayweather's style would of dominated Pac as seen how Marquez and Mayweather are similar.

SSSnail
12-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Wait, the judges didn't give Manny the win? What? I call BS. His falling down was epic, should have some style points.

QueBert
12-09-2012, 09:59 PM

They both ducked each other, but truthfully Manny did more ducking. The last offer was from Mayweather, it was an even 50/50 split of the purse. Which would have been I think 40 million (or close) Manny said "I also want a cut of the PPV revenues" Floyd told him to go to hell. Then Manny went on to fight someone else for like $12 million with no PPV revenues.
Mayweather did more avoiding because of money disputes, not because he didn't want to fight him. Mayweather is a businessman 1st and a fighter second. But as fighters he's the better of the 2.

But moreso is Bob Arum not wanting this fight to happen, Floyd would likely do Pacman like he did JMM, and Manny's Arum's goose that legs the golden eggs.

manly
12-09-2012, 10:36 PM
They both ducked each other, but truthfully Manny did more ducking. The last offer was from Mayweather, it was an even 50/50 split of the purse. Which would have been I think 40 million (or close) Manny said "I also want a cut of the PPV revenues" Floyd told him to go to hell. Then Manny went on to fight someone else for like $12 million with no PPV revenues.
Mayweather did more avoiding because of money disputes, not because he didn't want to fight him. Mayweather is a businessman 1st and a fighter second. But as fighters he's the better of the 2.

But moreso is Bob Arum not wanting this fight to happen, Floyd would likely do Pacman like he did JMM, and Manny's Arum's goose that legs the golden eggs.
huh, how is it even 50/50 without considering PPV revenues?

The superfight would've pulled 2M PPV buys, easily. You do the math at about $50 a piece.

In between baseless accusations of PEDs, Floyd kept moving the goalposts. Originally it was over Olympic-style drug testing but in each round of negotiations, it was always something more. When you're the undefeated P4P champ and the bigger fighter, you don't need 100 different excuses not to make the fight.

Bloodberry
12-09-2012, 11:12 PM

:biggrin:

QueBert
12-09-2012, 11:22 PM
huh, how is it even 50/50 without considering PPV revenues?

The superfight would've pulled 2M PPV buys, easily. You do the math at about $50 a piece.

In between baseless accusations of PEDs, Floyd kept moving the goalposts. Originally it was over Olympic-style drug testing but in each round of negotiations, it was always something more. When you're the undefeated P4P champ and the bigger fighter, you don't need 100 different excuses not to make the fight.

50/50 of the purse, PPV revenues are totally separate. I just find it ironic that his offer wasn't enough $$$ for Manny, yet he immediately took a fight where he made a fraction of that. And he was seaminly okay with that. 50+ PPV revenues wasn't really fair for Pacman to ask, he's a draw but nowhere near Floyd. Mayweather Vs Ortiz did numbers close to Manny Vs Marquez III. Ortiz was a mostly unknown. imho Manny should get about 40% plus no PPV. So a 50/50 purse split was super fair.

Manny and his people also ducked Floyd when he offered them a set date, they said "oh we can't be ready to fight by that date" yet he ended up fighting about a month later.

Dominating? He clearly lost round 2, and round 4 was too close to call. The fight still had 6 more rounds had it not ended. I saw no domination, the blood on Marquez's face and the idiot commentators who acted like every jab from Manny was close to KO'ing Juan don't count for much. Manny was winning the fight, but he had already got dropped once, and Marquez was at worst very competitive.

AznAnarchy99
12-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Dominating? He clearly lost round 2, and round 4 was too close to call. The fight still had 6 more rounds had it not ended. I saw no domination, the blood on Marquez's face and the idiot commentators who acted like every jab from Manny was close to KO'ing Juan don't count for much. Manny was winning the fight, but he had already got dropped once, and Marquez was at worst very competitive.

Exactly. Idk how people were saying Manny was on the way to a clear decision when it was a brawl. Manny got put on his back and Marquez got staggered.

I hate commentators in boxing and MMA. The only commentator that knows his shit is Joe Rogan, who explains every single thing in detail and is usually always right.

jjsole
12-10-2012, 01:11 AM

Given your similar take on the ufc last night, you're looking like a complete paranoid schizophrenic who forgot to take one's meds.

QueBert
12-10-2012, 01:19 AM
Exactly. Idk how people were saying Manny was on the way to a clear decision when it was a brawl. Manny got put on his back and Marquez got staggered.

I hate commentators in boxing and MMA. The only commentator that knows his shit is Joe Rogan, who explains every single thing in detail and is usually always right.

The ring side dudes were so biased it wasn't even funny, when Marquez sent Pac flying down they did get hype. But they reacted even more intensely when Manny hit him and he did a half slip. I guess technically the Marquez one was a knock down, but it wasn't that serious. If the fight had went the distance Marquez would have probably had to have landed 3 power shots for every 1 Pacman jab for ring side to actually give him credit.

Rogan knows MMA but he can be biased as hell too, certain fighters like Shogun, Couture & Liddell he had huge man crushes on. He also tends to almost shoot his load over any semi decent leg kick. There are a good number of fights where his biased commentary had me thinking what he was saying. Then I'd re watch the fight on mute and the fight was totally different.

Baked
12-10-2012, 01:20 AM
Boxing, it's all about landing that lucky KO punch before you get blinded by too many punches on your face.

Apex
12-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Idk how people were saying Manny was on the way to a clear decision when it was a brawl.

LOL, I don't know how people can say Manny had the clear decision after the Pacquiao/Bradley judging travesty.

eits
12-10-2012, 01:37 AM
good fight... no doubt that pacquiao was owning marquez up until the landed that punch with one second left in the 6th round.

there will definitely be a rematch. pacman has an ego bigger than the philippines and will rematch, train harder, and win.

manly
12-10-2012, 03:53 AM
50/50 of the purse, PPV revenues are totally separate. I just find it ironic that his offer wasn't enough $$$ for Manny, yet he immediately took a fight where he made a fraction of that. And he was seaminly okay with that. 50+ PPV revenues wasn't really fair for Pacman to ask, he's a draw but nowhere near Floyd. Mayweather Vs Ortiz did numbers close to Manny Vs Marquez III. Ortiz was a mostly unknown. imho Manny should get about 40% plus no PPV. So a 50/50 purse split was super fair.
That's your opinion, but it doesn't make a lick of sense to me. You could say the same thing about Floyd, he left $50M+ on the table by NOT fighting Manny.

Simply put, it's not 50/50 if Manny doesn't get a big cut of the PPV buys. It's an absolute non-starter to exclude the $100M+ PPV gross.

Sure, Floyd is a bigger TV draw but that's because Manny is a Filipino with limited English and American marketing. If you want to talk about fighting, he's been the much more entertaining fighter for YEARS. Floyd partisans love to talk about the beauty of Money's defense, but I feel cheated if I buy his fight.

While you can never predict boxing's judging, Manny could have cruised to a points decision last night. It wasn't in his M.O. and he was willing to brawl with Marquez even to his ultimate detriment. On points until the stoppage, it was still a close fight because JMM did have a 10-8 round.

QueBert
12-10-2012, 04:41 AM
That's your opinion, but it doesn't make a lick of sense to me. You could say the same thing about Floyd, he left $50M+ on the table by NOT fighting Manny.

But he didn't leave any money on the table. He went on to make less for the actual fight purse, but when you factor in the PPV cut that Manny was demanding he didn't have to give up. He made more money fighting Ortiz. So in the end Manny's the one who lost out here, he overestimated his worth and his importance. And it backfired on him. To me Floyd's move made perfect sense from a business standpoint, obviously fighting Manny would have given him more status. But he went where he was going to make the most money, and I can't blame him there really. Now as it stands with 2 loses in a row, if Manny hopes to get a super fight with Floyd, he'll have to take a lot less than the 50% he was being offered. He shot himself in the foot being greedy. Mayweather was being greedy too, but at least what he was asking for was realistic.

Pacman was guaranteed $8 million for Marquez IV
Mayweather was guaranteed $25 for fighting Ortiz.

Marquez is a legend and a future HOFer.
Ortiz is a guy most people had never heard of.

manly
12-10-2012, 05:46 AM
But he didn't leave any money on the table. He went on to make less for the actual fight purse, but when you factor in the PPV cut that Manny was demanding he didn't have to give up. He made more money fighting Ortiz. So in the end Manny's the one who lost out here, he overestimated his worth and his importance. And it backfired on him. To me Floyd's move made perfect sense from a business standpoint, obviously fighting Manny would have given him more status. But he went where he was going to make the most money, and I can't blame him there really. Now as it stands with 2 loses in a row, if Manny hopes to get a super fight with Floyd, he'll have to take a lot less than the 50% he was being offered. He shot himself in the foot being greedy. Mayweather was being greedy too, but at least what he was asking for was realistic.

Pacman was guaranteed $8 million for Marquez IV
Mayweather was guaranteed $25 for fighting Ortiz.

Marquez is a legend and a future HOFer.
Ortiz is a guy most people had never heard of.
Wikipedia:
Mayweather will be paid a guaranteed $25 million, which can go as high as $40 million depending on the pay per view numbers, and Ortiz will be paid $2 million.

If Money stood to make (well over) $50M in a superfight with Pacquiao, then he left a ton of money on the table. Whether or not you or I feel Manny was worth a 50/50 split of total revenues is beside the point. The argument you use against Manny is EASILY applied to Floyd. There's simply NO question that the most lucrative fight for both guys was to fight each other. You represent it as a 1-way only money decision for Pacquiao, which is bullshit. If you're right that Mayweather deserves a 60/40 cut or better of total revenue, then he left even MORE money on the table by not inking a fight deal while the iron was hot.

Btw, ESPN.com reported Manny was guaranteed $26M for the IV fight Saturday night. Personally I have little interest in a fifth fight, but Bob Arum knows he could easily clear 8 figures for both fighters. You suggest that Manny isn't a big draw, but after Saturday night he's had six 1M PPV buys in his main events. Offering him 0 of the PPV revenues is flat out ridiculous. As a reference point, in 2008 De La Hoya received 68% of the boxers' take of PPV revenue and this was prior to Pacquiao becoming a superstar in the sport.

But hey, keep arguing that Floyd turning down mid to high 8 figures was a smart business decision for him.

AznAnarchy99
12-10-2012, 07:03 AM
But hey, keep arguing that Floyd turning down mid to high 8 figures was a smart business decision for him.

It wasn't knowing what we know now. PacMan is weak against counter fighters and Mayweather would of have a great chance of easily defeating him. However back then, Manny seemed pretty unstoppable and for Floyd to make a ton of money off one fight but risk not being a big draw afterwards was big. He took easier fights that made a ton of money. For the few rounds that Ortiz fought, he was completely outclassed and resorted to cheap shots out of frustration.

Sure, Floyd is a bigger TV draw but that's because Manny is a Filipino with limited English and American marketing. If you want to talk about fighting, he's been the much more entertaining fighter for YEARS. Floyd partisans love to talk about the beauty of Money's defense, but I feel cheated if I buy his fight.

I used to say the same thing with that and as well as MMA when fights were going full on jujitsu before I had any training in them. Once you train in the field, you start seeing the sport differently. All of Floyd's speed, dodging, and precision choice in striking is amazing to me to watch. Same as when I watch MMA and see what each fighter is attempting to do and how each one is countering each other's attempts. Before training, all I saw was 2 people rolling around, being boring.